• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Results 26 to 41 of 41
    Like Tree28Likes

    Thread: The only method that works for me to have LDs EVERYNIGHT (after 10 years of trying EVERYTHING)

    1. #26
      Stalker Achievements:
      5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Here and now
      Posts
      62
      Likes
      7
      I believe it's all about the intention you're setting. When you put in effort, you tell your subconscious that dream recall is very important to you, and I believe that increases recall further. So for me, that means writing them in the middle of the night and also by hand (with a red-lighted pen) - then typing them up the next day and fleshing out all of the little details then. For others they may find no difference in when or how they journal.
      Great point. Can you share a link to this pen you use? Sounds cool.


      Quote Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
      Rather than putting a time limit on the amount of time spent journaling (~45 minutes), I would aim for a number of dreams recalled with detail, ideally 3 or more.
      The reason I prefer time vs dreams recalled is that I found that all dream-recall-details are equal for this purpose. 3 dreams recalled with x detail is not as good as one with x+ detail. In fact, one of my advices for building dream recall ability is going for sheer amount of detail. Sometimes upon waking up I remember very little. Then, when I write down the little I do remember ,even if it feels insignificant (for example: "the atmosphere was gloomy"), it spurs more recall to occur.


      My only skepticism is with ADA/meditation practices that don't include reality checking / building critical reflective attitude / building prospective memory. When I've practiced thought suppression meditation in the past, which honestly, I would only do for 30 minutes (not a full hour), I just didn't notice any improvements. Maybe I wasn't doing it long enough. I gave up on it. For the amount of effort required, I just didn't get the results I was looking for. I'm sure that for some others, this sort of practice may be effective.
      If I may propose a thought experiment that might help:
      Imagine that it's a fact that the 30 minutes of this meditation is will reflect itself somewhere in your dreams. And imagine that each second during the meditation that you were present, and not engaged in thought, will turn into a second of lucidity. And each second being unaware inside a thought will turn into non-lucidity. And imagine that for this reflection to occur at all, you must have at least 25 minutes of presence/non-thinking. If we imagine all this is true, how would it effect how you perform the mediation?
      This thought experiment made a difference for me, I hope you'll like it. BTW for me this meditation does include critical reflective attitude for sure.

      Good luck to all doing this. If I had more time I would be interested in trying out more meditation practices for a longer duration. This kind of time is a true luxury though when you work full time and have two kids. Maybe if I see you guys having more success I will try meditation again.
      Facts xD I could use some motivation myself
      Hilary likes this.

    2. #27
      Dreamer Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Made Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points
      Hilary's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Gender
      Location
      Zone 10b
      Posts
      2,124
      Likes
      2743
      DJ Entries
      181
      Quote Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
      Great point. Can you share a link to this pen you use? Sounds cool.
      I just put in amazon "red lighted pen" and options pop up. I get the 4 pack.

      Quote Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
      The reason I prefer time vs dreams recalled is that I found that all dream-recall-details are equal for this purpose. 3 dreams recalled with x detail is not as good as one with x+ detail. In fact, one of my advices for building dream recall ability is going for sheer amount of detail. Sometimes upon waking up I remember very little. Then, when I write down the little I do remember ,even if it feels insignificant (for example: "the atmosphere was gloomy"), it spurs more recall to occur.
      So I think of it like this - it can take me 5 minutes to write up a really long, vivid dream. Some people are faster writers or typers than others - and some people use voice recording. That's why I think time is not as effective of a measure. A vivid and detailed dream is a vivid and detailed dream, regardless of the length of time it takes to write it down. You want to aim for as much recall as possible for your brain. That's not going to be 45 minutes for everyone. Still, the goal is always our maximum. That's why I aim for 3 vivid dreams a night, or more.

      The biggest thing of importance that I am seeing here is the focus on details. Basically, never get lazy when dream journaling. Always write out those little details, even if they seem unimportant. The act of journaling the little details promotes recall growth.

      Quote Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
      If I may propose a thought experiment that might help:
      Imagine that it's a fact that the 30 minutes of this meditation is will reflect itself somewhere in your dreams. And imagine that each second during the meditation that you were present, and not engaged in thought, will turn into a second of lucidity. And each second being unaware inside a thought will turn into non-lucidity. And imagine that for this reflection to occur at all, you must have at least 25 minutes of presence/non-thinking. If we imagine all this is true, how would it effect how you perform the mediation?
      This thought experiment made a difference for me, I hope you'll like it. BTW for me this meditation does include critical reflective attitude for sure.
      I like your idea, it totally uses law of attraction and placebo effect to advantage, and I'm all for that.

      I'm not sure about CRA in thought-suppression meditation. It doesn't make one distinguish between waking and dreaming states enough to build CRA imho. Others may disagree, but that is my opinion.

      Quote Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
      Facts xD I could use some motivation myself
      I hear you.
      Bolo likes this.
      Check out what's happening on Dream Views:

      Tasks of the Season: Autumn '22
      Tasks of the Year: 2022
      Read Along
      Check out my RC prompt background images
      . Build your prospective memory & critical reflective attitude.

    3. #28
      Stalker Achievements:
      5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Here and now
      Posts
      62
      Likes
      7
      Quote Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
      I just put in amazon "red lighted pen" and options pop up. I get the 4 pack.
      Thanks


      So I think of it like this - it can take me 5 minutes to write up a really long, vivid dream. Some people are faster writers or typers than others - and some people use voice recording. That's why I think time is not as effective of a measure. A vivid and detailed dream is a vivid and detailed dream, regardless of the length of time it takes to write it down. You want to aim for as much recall as possible for your brain. That's not going to be 45 minutes for everyone. Still, the goal is always our maximum. That's why I aim for 3 vivid dreams a night, or more.
      What you say makes sense. I didn't take into account the speed of writing. But maybe time does mean something regardless. For me recording my dreams didn't work as well and I think that partly it's because it's too fast. But what you say makes sense. You may need less than 45 minutes. If I was as fast as you I'd still try spend extra time re-reading and milking for more detail. Just to have the brain do this for a good period of time (sort of like a "dream recall stamina" thing). I also believe that the fact that a long dream can easily take 45 minutes, may have something to do with the reason 45 minutes produces such results for me. I know I said it's about sheer detail but you made me understand I also believe it's about time.

      The biggest thing of importance that I am seeing here is the focus on details. Basically, never get lazy when dream journaling. Always write out those little details, even if they seem unimportant. The act of journaling the little details promotes recall growth.
      You said it beautifully.



      I like your idea, it totally uses law of attraction and placebo effect to advantage, and I'm all for that.
      Yes. And also a frame of mind for executing this meticulously.

      I'm not sure about CRA in thought-suppression meditation. It doesn't make one distinguish between waking and dreaming states enough to build CRA imho. Others may disagree, but that is my opinion.
      Maybe the name "thought suppression" is not good for you. It's about being aware of your own state of mind. Whenever we drift into a thinking process we lose awareness. For me it feels very similar to falling asleep. In order to execute this meditation, you must be critically aware whether you're in a state of presence or thinking. Dreams and thoughts have a lot in common. When I do this meditation walk, I often feel like I'm walking in a lucid dream. When I fall into thinking it feels like losing lucidity. I can't count the times I was in a lucid dream and lost lucidity. The two are very similar in nature. Being able to remain stable in the "dream" of walking and not drift into those little "dreams" called thoughts is also being able to remain stable in a lucid dream.

      Hilary likes this.

    4. #29
      Moderator Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Created Dream Journal Made Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points 5000 Hall Points
      Lang's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      LD Count
      WHY DO YOU CARE
      Posts
      4,189
      Likes
      3347
      DJ Entries
      2850
      I mean this may help/ or even help the newbies out there: https://www.dreamviews.com/dream-sig...ompendium.html

      Bolo likes this.



      Earn your wings! Try out Dream Views'
      Tasks of the Month and Tasks of the Year
      today!
      Here:
      https://www.dreamviews.com/tasks-month-year/
      With Dreaming you need to start small and work hard grow your lucid dreaming lifestyle...
      I'm not just a lucid dream, I'm a Somnonauts!!

      ďItís... your conscience. We donít talk a lot these days.Ē


    5. #30
      Member Achievements:
      1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal

      Join Date
      Apr 2020
      Posts
      99
      Likes
      66
      DJ Entries
      3
      Quote Originally Posted by Lang View Post
      I mean this may help/ or even help the newbies out there: https://www.dreamviews.com/dream-sig...ompendium.html

      Thanks for uploading that link Lang. I found the thread very useful.
      Lang likes this.

    6. #31
      Member allismind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2022
      Location
      Switzerland and France
      Posts
      17
      Likes
      12
      Very good post. Agree 100%

    7. #32
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class 1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV
      Tiktaalik's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2020
      LD Count
      200+
      Gender
      Posts
      312
      Likes
      535
      DJ Entries
      24
      Hi Bolo, I can see each of the outlined steps has merit but Iíve tried a combination of these methods over the years and not reached a level of consistent nightly lucidity. So Iím curious, what was it that made it all click for you? Were you doing steps 1 & 2 for example and then step 3 came along and you started seeing greater success? How often were you getting lucid before you reached nightly lucidity and how quickly did these 3 steps allow you to reach it. Thanks
      Lang likes this.

    8. #33
      DVA Teacher Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Huge Dream Journal Made Friends on DV Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      FryingMan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      LD Count
      281
      Location
      The Present Moment
      Posts
      5,314
      Likes
      6703
      DJ Entries
      891
      The key thing, I think, to take from this is that LD practice is all about finding how to frame the fundamentals (self-awareness/lucidity, memory, intent) in your practice in such a way that works *for you*. All LD teachers/mentors can do is point to the spectrum of methods and resources available. Reading the experience of other practitioners can be illuminating, but ultimately each one of us needs to find our own way.
      Lang likes this.
      FryingMan's Unified Theory of Lucid Dreaming: Pay Attention, Reflect, Recall -- Both Day and Night[link]
      FryingMan's Dream Recall Tips -- Awesome Links
      ďNo amount of security is worth the suffering of a mediocre life chained to a routine that has killed your dreams.Ē
      "...develop stability in awareness and your dreams will change in extraordinary ways" -- TYoDaS

    9. #34
      Moderator Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Created Dream Journal Made Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points 5000 Hall Points
      Lang's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      LD Count
      WHY DO YOU CARE
      Posts
      4,189
      Likes
      3347
      DJ Entries
      2850
      Quote Originally Posted by allismind View Post
      Very good post. Agree 100%
      Have it worked for you??

      Can you elaborate on that?



      Earn your wings! Try out Dream Views'
      Tasks of the Month and Tasks of the Year
      today!
      Here:
      https://www.dreamviews.com/tasks-month-year/
      With Dreaming you need to start small and work hard grow your lucid dreaming lifestyle...
      I'm not just a lucid dream, I'm a Somnonauts!!

      ďItís... your conscience. We donít talk a lot these days.Ē


    10. #35
      Member allismind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2022
      Location
      Switzerland and France
      Posts
      17
      Likes
      12
      Yes of course. It is basically lucid living or simply "dream yoga".

      The step 1 of writing dreams helps you to rememorate which is training memory and recall. (You dont have to write dreams if you dont want, the simply fact of thinking of them and focusing on them for few minutes in the morning is doing the work. You can write those you feel are important). Ps: when I say "you" I mean in general.

      The step 2 is working lucidity and self awareness which are like the OP said the main ingredient for long and stable lucid dreams.

      The step 3 is training your sense of direction and "purpose" which is intent. It gives you a great power over dream control and its formation.

      So yeah all those are dream yoga based and they work very well for those who devote their life to the practice. At least few weeks/months. Because its no an instant solution, its not magic. It is a training of the mind and the brain. In my opinion it cannot fail.

      In a way this kind of approaches was always my favorite because it has it all. While "superficial" methods may work fast but never give you full stability or control.
      Lang and DarkestDarkness like this.

    11. #36
      Moderator Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Created Dream Journal Made Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points 5000 Hall Points
      Lang's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      LD Count
      WHY DO YOU CARE
      Posts
      4,189
      Likes
      3347
      DJ Entries
      2850
      Quote Originally Posted by allismind View Post
      Because its no an instant solution, its not magic. It is a training of the mind and the brain.
      I agree with that... Sometimes it may take years to fully become lucid with the right training. Regain your awareness that you are dreaming. I have seen people make this mistake on Youtube, Reddit, and TikTok.

      One common misunderstanding is that lucid dreaming is the same as controlling your dreams. However, lucid dreaming and dream control are two separate skills.
      Generally, dream control is a skill that you learn after you have developed the ability to become lucid in your dreams.

      This may give you lucidity but, it may NOT give much control.

      We can probably use both Castaneda and LaBerge's stuff too.
      DarkestDarkness likes this.



      Earn your wings! Try out Dream Views'
      Tasks of the Month and Tasks of the Year
      today!
      Here:
      https://www.dreamviews.com/tasks-month-year/
      With Dreaming you need to start small and work hard grow your lucid dreaming lifestyle...
      I'm not just a lucid dream, I'm a Somnonauts!!

      ďItís... your conscience. We donít talk a lot these days.Ē


    12. #37
      Member allismind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2022
      Location
      Switzerland and France
      Posts
      17
      Likes
      12
      Quote Originally Posted by Lang View Post
      I agree with that... Sometimes it may take years to fully become lucid with the right training. Regain your awareness that you are dreaming. I have seen people make this mistake on Youtube, Reddit, and TikTok.

      One common misunderstanding is that lucid dreaming is the same as controlling your dreams. However, lucid dreaming and dream control are two separate skills.
      Generally, dream control is a skill that you learn after you have developed the ability to become lucid in your dreams.

      This may give you lucidity but, it may NOT give much control.

      We can probably use both Castaneda and LaBerge's stuff too.
      My first ever lucid dream was when I was around 15. In fact it was a chain of dreams because I read a lot about the topic and I knew I had to stay calm and not move. The dream(s) was extremely vivid and I had a very good control. But that is probably because I read a lot of books about manifesting and stuff so it was second nature to me. I just knew what to do... which is to direct my mind and act with intention and expectation. This is a bit out of topic but those are the same factors that direct our waking life.

      So yeah for me control always came with awareness. Because to be aware of something is to have power over it. At least for me hehe
      But I do agree that to control you reality require the understanding of the factors of causation (power of expectation, emotion and intent... and of course self confidence)
      DarkestDarkness likes this.

    13. #38
      Moderator Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Created Dream Journal Made Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points 5000 Hall Points
      Lang's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      LD Count
      WHY DO YOU CARE
      Posts
      4,189
      Likes
      3347
      DJ Entries
      2850
      I meant "you" in general. Are we dreaming now?
      Hey, I'm would looking forward to reading some of your non-lucid and lucid dreams.



      Earn your wings! Try out Dream Views'
      Tasks of the Month and Tasks of the Year
      today!
      Here:
      https://www.dreamviews.com/tasks-month-year/
      With Dreaming you need to start small and work hard grow your lucid dreaming lifestyle...
      I'm not just a lucid dream, I'm a Somnonauts!!

      ďItís... your conscience. We donít talk a lot these days.Ē


    14. #39
      Lurker
      Join Date
      Sep 2022
      Posts
      4
      Likes
      2
      Hi BOLO

      An update:
      I've worked up to 1 hour a day of meditation and I record my dreams by voice during the night into a phone app.
      I was writing them down but even when I would print them I still couldn't read my writing in the morning.

      Interesting things seem to be happening. I've had 1 dream where I became lucid mid dream, but I've had 5 scenarios where I am not awake but suddenly a full 3d scene with people and places all in motion appears before me. Some last longer than others. I know I'm dreaming in fact I say "I'm dreaming" but then I'm not able to enter the dream. It's at the very beginning of a newly formed dream so it seems to be a WILD or right thereafter. It seems that if I attempt to enter the dream or not either way the dream collapses.
      The coolest one was where I was floating mid air inside an old castle filled with people in period clothing and I was flying around above these people down the hallways watching them. I wasn't controlling anything just being pulled along.

      What do you think? Any suggestions?
      Thanks
      Wakeup
      Lang likes this.

    15. #40
      Moderator Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Created Dream Journal Made Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points 5000 Hall Points
      Lang's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      LD Count
      WHY DO YOU CARE
      Posts
      4,189
      Likes
      3347
      DJ Entries
      2850
      Did some cleaning up.


      Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
      Hi BOLO

      An update:
      I've worked up to 1 hour a day of meditation and I record my dreams by voice during the night into a phone app.
      I was writing them down but even when I would print them I still couldn't read my writing in the morning.

      Interesting things seem to be happening. I've had 1 dream where I became lucid mid dream, but I've had 5 scenarios where I am not awake but suddenly a full 3d scene with people and places all in motion appears before me. Some last longer than others. I know I'm dreaming in fact I say "I'm dreaming" but then I'm not able to enter the dream. It's at the very beginning of a newly formed dream so it seems to be a WILD or right thereafter. It seems that if I attempt to enter the dream or not either way the dream collapses.
      The coolest one was where I was floating mid air inside an old castle filled with people in period clothing and I was flying around above these people down the hallways watching them. I wasn't controlling anything just being pulled along.

      What do you think? Any suggestions?
      Thanks
      Wakeup
      Some Links that may help you guys:
      Here: https://www.dreamviews.com/wild/1255...mentals-q.html

      here: https://www.dreamviews.com/wild/1330...-bad-here.html

      Congrats on your Lucidity.

      You got this Wakeup.



      Earn your wings! Try out Dream Views'
      Tasks of the Month and Tasks of the Year
      today!
      Here:
      https://www.dreamviews.com/tasks-month-year/
      With Dreaming you need to start small and work hard grow your lucid dreaming lifestyle...
      I'm not just a lucid dream, I'm a Somnonauts!!

      ďItís... your conscience. We donít talk a lot these days.Ē


    16. #41
      Lurker
      Join Date
      Sep 2022
      Posts
      4
      Likes
      2
      Thank LANG
      I'll check them out
      Lang likes this.

    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

    Similar Threads

    1. New method, works for me...
      By Siotheun in forum Attaining Lucidity
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: 10-12-2007, 04:16 AM
    2. What Method Works Best For You?
      By Stonehenge in forum Introduction Zone
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 02-06-2007, 10:15 PM
    3. Which method works the best for you?
      By FromAsheville in forum Attaining Lucidity
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: 03-20-2006, 06:51 PM
    4. Method That Works For Me
      By popmuzc in forum Attaining Lucidity
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 04-19-2004, 03:36 AM

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •