• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Results 1 to 12 of 12
    Like Tree30Likes
    • 6 Post By Occipitalred
    • 5 Post By DarkestDarkness
    • 3 Post By Occipitalred
    • 3 Post By MoonageDaydream
    • 2 Post By Occipitalred
    • 2 Post By MoonageDaydream
    • 1 Post By Occipitalred
    • 5 Post By Ametam
    • 1 Post By Occipitalred
    • 2 Post By <span class='glow_FF4500'>HumbleDreamer</span>

    Thread: A Dreamviews Ambassy.

    1. #1
      Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Occipitalred's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2013
      Posts
      660
      Likes
      955
      DJ Entries
      3

      A Dreamviews Ambassy.

      Hello,

      I've always been pretty curious about the Lucid Crossroad but nothing every came out of it. The website was abandoned I think. Inspired by the concept of the Lucid Crossroad, I thought it would be fun if as a community here on Dreamviews, we imagined a collective concept of a dream place. Like, a Dreamviews Ambassy in our dreams.

      This is a place that when visited in our dreams, the intent would be to visit the Dreamviews community.

      I think it would be interesting if we challenged ourselves to visit this place in our dreams and report back here. And after each person's report, the next person also needs to intend not only to go to this place but to specifically interact with something from someone's previous dream of the Dreamviews Ambassy. For example, imagine I intend on visiting the Dreamviews Ambassy and my intent leads me to a trailer park and I listen to a concert, someone else can intent to attend this same concert as me. And then maybe they have a conversation about what it's like being a plant with one of the people there. The next person tries to find that person that talks about being a plant and then maybe they become a plant. And then maybe someone finds that plant that is this Dreamviews member.

      So the dream goal is always connected to someone else's dream and there's always an intent to be connected to the Dreamviews community. If any of you also likes this idea, anyone's welcome to have the first dream!

    2. #2
      Member Achievements:
      Tagger First Class 1 year registered Vivid Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points
      DarkestDarkness's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2018
      Posts
      350
      Likes
      458
      DJ Entries
      265
      To express my interest in this, it will probably be sufficient for me to say that I wish I had lucidity more than once or twice a year.
      Singled out from some of my favourite quotes from Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri: "Risks of [Planet] flowering: considerable. But rewards of godhood: who can measure? - Usurper Judaa'Maar: Courage: to question."

    3. #3
      Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Occipitalred's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2013
      Posts
      660
      Likes
      955
      DJ Entries
      3
      For what it's worth, there's no rule that one needs to be lucid to carry out these challenges. Inducing a dream is praise-worthy enough in my opinion. And I get you, just completing the first task of the TOTY seemed impossible. It's the first challenge I succeed in since I've been here, haha! But it's amazing to try and find out you can do it actually!

    4. #4
      Moonage Daydreamer
      Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Created Dream Journal Veteran First Class Made lots of Friends on DV
      MoonageDaydream's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Gender
      Location
      Tropical South Florida
      Posts
      994
      Likes
      1146
      DJ Entries
      70
      I think this is a great idea. I hope it's okay to visit without interacting with another person's previous dream, too? I think it will be fun just to visit. But we can always have other games going on.

      Another idea to add in -

      Every person can create their own room within the larger meeting grounds. We can place personally created items within our room that other people can attempt to find and report findings back here on DV.
      Check out the Lucid Dreaming Book Club: May-June
      Have a suggestion? Book Club Suggestion Thread

    5. #5
      Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Occipitalred's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2013
      Posts
      660
      Likes
      955
      DJ Entries
      3
      Quote Originally Posted by MoonageDaydream View Post
      I think this is a great idea. I hope it's okay to visit without interacting with another person's previous dream, too? I think it will be fun just to visit. But we can always have other games going on.

      Another idea to add in -

      Every person can create their own room within the larger meeting grounds. We can place personally created items within our room that other people can attempt to find and report findings back here on DV.
      Yes, no hard rules! Trying to associate these dreams with other people's dream is just one of the ways we can make this game communal. Maybe you just go there to reflect on memories you have about Dreamviews. Or you go to send out energy to the community. I just like the idea that there would be a place in our minds that's an intent to visit Dreamviews.

    6. #6
      Moonage Daydreamer
      Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Created Dream Journal Veteran First Class Made lots of Friends on DV
      MoonageDaydream's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Gender
      Location
      Tropical South Florida
      Posts
      994
      Likes
      1146
      DJ Entries
      70
      Quote Originally Posted by Occipitalred View Post
      Yes, no hard rules! Trying to associate these dreams with other people's dream is just one of the ways we can make this game communal. Maybe you just go there to reflect on memories you have about Dreamviews. Or you go to send out energy to the community. I just like the idea that there would be a place in our minds that's an intent to visit Dreamviews.
      Me too!!

      So. Let's get started. Any ideas for what the location will look like? I would suggest that somewhere on the grounds is a beautiful courtyard or garden where people can relax and meditate in nature. Any other ideas? This is cool!
      Check out the Lucid Dreaming Book Club: May-June
      Have a suggestion? Book Club Suggestion Thread

    7. #7
      Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Occipitalred's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2013
      Posts
      660
      Likes
      955
      DJ Entries
      3
      Quote Originally Posted by MoonageDaydream View Post
      Me too!!

      So. Let's get started. Any ideas for what the location will look like? I would suggest that somewhere on the grounds is a beautiful courtyard or garden where people can relax and meditate in nature. Any other ideas? This is cool!
      Personally, I kind of imagine a hippie type community with each of us having an eccentric trailer parked on a panoramic landscape, haha.
      MoonageDaydream likes this.

    8. #8
      Spontaneously Combusting Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger Second Class 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Ametam's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2010
      Gender
      Location
      Australia
      Posts
      625
      Likes
      276
      DJ Entries
      12
      There is an ancient library, right by the courtyard.
      Built of stone and lit with torches that burn till the end of time.
      Rows and rows of books, stacked on shelves that reach the ceiling.
      Scattered through the library, reading corners with a crackling fireplace.
      The ceiling is open, and the stars glisten over head.
      So pull out a book, grab a glass of wine, and see where your mind takes you.
      They say dreaming is dead, no one does it anymore.
      It's not dead it's just that it's been forgotten, removed from our language.
      Nobody teaches it so nobody knows it exists.
      The dreamer is banished to obscurity.
      Well, I'm trying to change all that, and I hope you are too.
      By dreaming, every day.

    9. #9
      Moonage Daydreamer
      Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Created Dream Journal Veteran First Class Made lots of Friends on DV
      MoonageDaydream's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Gender
      Location
      Tropical South Florida
      Posts
      994
      Likes
      1146
      DJ Entries
      70
      Quote Originally Posted by Ametam View Post
      There is an ancient library, right by the courtyard.
      Built of stone and lit with torches that burn till the end of time.
      Rows and rows of books, stacked on shelves that reach the ceiling.
      Scattered through the library, reading corners with a crackling fireplace.
      The ceiling is open, and the stars glisten over head.
      So pull out a book, grab a glass of wine, and see where your mind takes you.
      LIKE.
      Check out the Lucid Dreaming Book Club: May-June
      Have a suggestion? Book Club Suggestion Thread

    10. #10
      The Lucid Avenger. Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Tagger Second Class Referrer Bronze Huge Dream Journal Veteran Second Class Populated Wall 1000 Hall Points
      <span class='glow_FF4500'>HumbleDreamer</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Posts
      2,787
      Likes
      2251
      DJ Entries
      1738
      Quote Originally Posted by Occipitalred View Post
      For what it's worth, there's no rule that one needs to be lucid to carry out these challenges. Inducing a dream is praise-worthy enough in my opinion. And I get you, just completing the first task of the TOTY seemed impossible. It's the first challenge I succeed in since I've been here, haha! But it's amazing to try and find out you can do it actually!
      Actually, in this section, you probably want to be lucid for these tasks because if not, this thread would be moved into another section.


      Earn your wings! Try out Dream Views'
      Tasks of the Month and Tasks of the Year today!
      Here:
      https://www.dreamviews.com/tasks-month-year/




    11. #11
      Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Occipitalred's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2013
      Posts
      660
      Likes
      955
      DJ Entries
      3
      Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDreamer View Post
      Actually, in this section, you probably want to be lucid for these tasks because if not, this thread would be moved into another section.
      I would rather move this thread to a different section than make lucidity a requirement. I initially wanted to put this thread into the "Lucid and Non-Lucid Games" forum but I didn't notice any threads at all and that's why I put it into one of its sub-forums one being the "tasks of the month and year" (not appropriate) so I opted for "lucid challenges" since people are more likely to play this game in their lucid dreams. It's in fact more of a lucid dream oriented game since it's about visiting a place dedicated to our lucid dream themed community... Regardless, if it's judged more appropriate, I would be very at ease if this thread were moved to the "Lucid and Non-Lucid Games" forum now that I notice there is another thread there.
      Last edited by Occipitalred; 05-04-2021 at 05:32 AM.
      DarkestDarkness likes this.

    12. #12
      The Lucid Avenger. Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Tagger Second Class Referrer Bronze Huge Dream Journal Veteran Second Class Populated Wall 1000 Hall Points
      <span class='glow_FF4500'>HumbleDreamer</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Posts
      2,787
      Likes
      2251
      DJ Entries
      1738
      Okay, the post has been moved to "Lucid and Non-Lucid Games". Makes a little more sense.

      Continue on!

      ~HD


      Earn your wings! Try out Dream Views'
      Tasks of the Month and Tasks of the Year today!
      Here:
      https://www.dreamviews.com/tasks-month-year/




    Similar Threads

    1. Hello Dreamviews!
      By Narsol in forum Introduction Zone
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: 04-11-2013, 10:16 PM
    2. What would you do without dreamviews?
      By Noogah in forum The Lounge
      Replies: 34
      Last Post: 09-27-2009, 04:51 PM
    3. New To DreamViews
      By Modjulator in forum Introduction Zone
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 01-31-2009, 01:06 AM
    4. Dreamviews
      By Original Poster in forum Senseless Banter
      Replies: 14
      Last Post: 01-27-2009, 04:36 AM

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •