• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 36
    Like Tree11Likes

    Thread: A tied up way of life for ALL OF US!

    1. #1
      Silencer Silence's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Gender
      Posts
      104
      Likes
      5

      A tied up way of life for ALL OF US!

      Suicide is one of the main problems in the modern day world. People blame mistreatment and emotion disorders on this fact but in all actuality it is the world that makes them want to end it. I believe that at least. If the world wasn't on its day routine then well people would do different things daily and have different experiences.

      Heres an example, Jeff wakes up in the morning, takes a shower, eats breakfast, goes to school, learns the same subjects in 1st hour, 2nd hour, 3rd hour, ect...

      Adult example, Mary wakes up has a cup of coffee and gets on the computer for a few minutes before she has to go to work, goes to work, spends her day in a cubical handling the issues of some product for the company she works for, saying the same old stuff every day, going home to do the same thing she usually does.

      I think that this is a reason why people commit suicide, they get bored and sad and depressed, routine is one of those reasons because routine is not an instinct for humans we would do what it took to survive which means we would actually do something different every day if we lived in the wild. Routine IS DEPRESSION!
      "I'm breathing fire... I must be dreaming"
      -The thought that gave me my first lucid

    2. #2
      Lightbringer
      Join Date
      May 2010
      LD Count
      03 DILD
      Gender
      Location
      Bangladesh
      Posts
      83
      Likes
      3
      But same routine every day can be quite fun if one learns to live mindfully and live in the present.I think depression only comes when people think too much about their past and future and not the HERE AND NOW.Happiness lies only in the present.
      Jorge and juroara like this.

    3. #3
      Silencer Silence's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Gender
      Posts
      104
      Likes
      5
      It does, but the future provides hope when the now is indeed a very dire place. Repetition can have its consequences and it's not a mindful life if its repetitive for the fact that well...your only mindful of the things you do day after day right? I mean....I am a 16 year old and I'm fed up of wasting 11 years of my life living on a schedule made for me by my school and my government regulating my school. I think that if our routine was tampered with it would be anarchy because people wouldn't know what to do.
      "I'm breathing fire... I must be dreaming"
      -The thought that gave me my first lucid

    4. #4
      Member tambu's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Estonia
      Posts
      73
      Likes
      9
      About that 11 wasted years... I doubt you would study as much on your own. Well, at least 90% of kids wouldn't. Without education your life will pretty much suck later on. Having some routine is inevitable. Just learn to appreciate all the little things. Seems like an advice you get from every other person, but it really makes a difference, if you manage to follow it. Another thing is - don't live for the future. This doesnt mean you should sell everything you have and party like there is no tomorrow. Life is all about the journey, not reaching the destination.
      Awakening likes this.

    5. #5
      Once again. Raspberry's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Gender
      Posts
      1,983
      Likes
      815
      DJ Entries
      88
      I don't hate school, but sometimes I feel like they could try harder to make it more than sitting at a desk all day reading and writing. I've had some pretty awesome teachers who stir things up and make things cool instead of "fuck, I need to answer textbook questions. AGAIN."

      Problem is, the majority of my classes are like this. I get there and listen to my teacher (some of them are so bad at describing things) and then read a little and then answer questions and fuck sake I'm not even allowed to listen to some music.

      No wonder I find some subjects so damn hard. I've realised it's because they're boring and I the teaching method, not because they're hard to understand.

    6. #6
      Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2004
      Posts
      5,165
      Likes
      708
      Well people find routines to be comforting, and that is why people usually fall into a routine, and why its hard to break habits and stuff. Though I can see your point. If you find yourself in a routine that you don't actually like, then its very possible you might feel trapped, and stuck.
      spockman likes this.

    7. #7
      Member Laughing Man's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Gender
      Posts
      836
      Likes
      70
      I'm all for repealing truancy laws which would allow individuals to choose whether they wish to go to school and which school they wish to attend. I don't see my education as a waste of time. High school isn't a place where one can actually achieve remarkable insight into your field of choice. It's an institution in which the weakest link sets the bar. You are more liberated in college and the further you progress your education, the more liberation you achieve. I'm trying to get into a masters program right now because this liberation is starting to creep away with government interventions. You should also know that college isn't for everyone. I would say not to go to college unless you are going to into education or a technical field. If anything else then its a waste of time/money.
      'What is war?...In a short sentence it may be summed up to be the combination and concentration of all the horrors, atrocities, crimes, and sufferings of which human nature on this globe is capable' - John Bright

    8. #8
      Lightbringer
      Join Date
      May 2010
      LD Count
      03 DILD
      Gender
      Location
      Bangladesh
      Posts
      83
      Likes
      3
      Well said Tambu.The journey is really what brings us happiness,not the destination.People always think that their future will be better.So they try to cling onto that.But reality is,that fasinating is never gonna help achive anything but anxiety and depression.When people are present,that's the state of "zero worry".This state helps us achive our goals in life.

    9. #9
      Member Laughing Man's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Gender
      Posts
      836
      Likes
      70
      Quote Originally Posted by Meraz123 View Post
      Well said Tambu.The journey is really what brings us happiness,not the destination.People always think that their future will be better.So they try to cling onto that.But reality is,that fasinating is never gonna help achive anything but anxiety and depression.When people are present,that's the state of "zero worry".This state helps us achive our goals in life.
      How can one have goals in life without thinking about the future?
      'What is war?...In a short sentence it may be summed up to be the combination and concentration of all the horrors, atrocities, crimes, and sufferings of which human nature on this globe is capable' - John Bright

    10. #10
      Sleeping Dragon juroara's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Gender
      Location
      San Antonio, TX
      Posts
      3,865
      Likes
      1171
      DJ Entries
      144
      Nature is all about cycles. We can call these cycles "routines". Yet anthropologists will almost always argue that the simpler and more down to nature the society is, the happier the people are. Their simple lives are filled with routines just as our modern lives are.

      So why is depression and suicide so common in our modern world?

      I think the difference has to do with SELF EXPRESSION!!!

      You know the people you stare at indifferently as they ring you up? That was me. Ringing people up, thanking them every time, answering phones sweetly. Cleaning and stocking the store, all the while with a "costumer service" attitude.

      Maybe I don't want to answer the phone. Maybe I don't want to say "thanks for calling such-and-such" like Im some robot with no personality. Maybe I don't want to help you phone shop prices when you can come in person like everyone else. Maybe I don't want to give you advice on how to use these products, because I don't care about these products, I don't use these products, and I don't care what you're planning to do with them. Maybe I don't want to say thank you,. Why? How are you doing me a favor by being a costumer? I sure as hell ain't seeing my share of the profit. I thank on the behalf of a nonliving entity. You know what, maybe I don't even want to say hello because I don't feel like saying hello. Did you just insult my co-worker whose also my friend, and yet you still demand the red carpet treatment like were your slaves? I want to tell you to piss off the property.

      But I'm not allowed to without losing my job.

      I'm not allowed to be ME at work.

      In fact, I'm barely even allowed to be human, with respect to the depth, the emotions, the free will and the creativity that comes with being human.

      I complain a lot about work, but compared to other jobs I'm spoiled. Once the costumers leave, which we pray for, we can speak freely. Our manager is a good guy. And on slow days where there is barely anyone, he even lets us bring in books or comic books to read, or lets me doodle in my sketchbook. I get to use the restroom when I need to. I get to eat when I'm hungry. I get to drink when I'm thirsty.

      On the contrary, there are so many jobs that still expect you to act like an autonomous robot even when its slow and there's actually nothing to do. My last boss was so psychotic she would even watch us on cameras just to make sure we were doing something, even when there was nothing to do. Because we already moped, TWICE, we even scrubbed the walls! She even assumed if we were having a good friendly conversation with each other - that were being lazy! It was a doggy daycare, our costumers were dogs! Some how I don't think they're offended that were chatting.

      There are so many other jobs that dictate when you can eat, even if the designated time you're given doesn't reflect human biology in any way what so ever. I knew people who clocked in at 8am. Weren't allowed to eat until 3pm. I would pass out! There are so many other jobs that don't even allow you to relieve yourself when you need to! You have to wait sometimes up to 45 minutes after asking if you can use the restroom. And even then, thats if someone comes and takes your shift.

      Btw, that's Six Flags. Be a little nicer the next time you meet a rides attendant in a bad mood.





      But ultimately what really angers me, is sudden death in a modern world.

      One day I came to work and a costumer informed me that a young man died in a sudden car accident.

      So young, so sobering. I thought, how am I any different? My life can be taken away from me in an instant. And what are the chances that I spent my last day on earth - at work? (oh and the store next to us was held up at gun point, just half hour after I bought something to drink!) A job I don't even like, a job that doesn't allow me to express myself?

      How many young adults die suddenly? How many of them were working 40 to 60 hours a week, at a job they actually hate? How many of them spent their last day on earth, at a job they hate? And the day before, and they day before, and the day before? For some empty promise of financial security, a bubble that likes to go.....POP.

      Were wasting our lives when we don't self express ourselves! We might as well be dead. Zombies all of us.

      That's why I plan on building my cob home, live simple, grow a vegetable garden. Even if my day is still filled with routines, like tend my garden, pull some weeds, eat, sleep........

      I CAN AT LEAST BE ME!
      Last edited by juroara; 10-11-2010 at 06:28 AM.
      Zhaylin likes this.

    11. #11
      Lightbringer
      Join Date
      May 2010
      LD Count
      03 DILD
      Gender
      Location
      Bangladesh
      Posts
      83
      Likes
      3
      Quote Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
      How can one have goals in life without thinking about the future?
      There are hundread of millions of people out there who want to be best in their life,achive goals.They just think about their goal and not take any ACTION to get there.Future is a good place to visit,but you don't want to live there as it will ruin your PRESENT.LIFE DOES NOT FAVOUR THOSE WHO SEEK TO FIND IT.IT COMES TO THOSE WHO REALIZE THAT THEY ALREADY HAVE IT.The way to achiving goals is DOING.It is only when you act with your mind and body towards your goal you make your dreams come true.
      Last edited by Meraz123; 10-11-2010 at 10:13 AM.

    12. #12
      Banned
      Join Date
      Nov 2007
      Gender
      Posts
      1,674
      Likes
      200
      Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
      .I think that this is a reason why people commit suicide, they get bored and sad and depressed, routine is one of those reasons because routine is not an instinct for humans we would do what it took to survive which means we would actually do something different every day if we lived in the wild. Routine IS DEPRESSION!
      Actually, it may well be, tragic as it is, that the rise in suicide is commensurate with a rise in awareness. A need to know what one is for. Although the answer is easy, the problem is not routine, for in any setting routine is a large part of existence.

      Frustration is caused by needing to perform one's function but unable to. There are two reason why one cannot perform one's function, the environment and one's abilities.

      The environment is the social structure that denies one the ability for self-realization.

      When you know the purpose of the human mind, one will start to see just how wrong the social structure is, and also see just how inept one is at fulfilling that function.

    13. #13
      Member Lunaticus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2010
      Gender
      Location
      Caged inside my own head.
      Posts
      11
      Likes
      0
      I agree that routine equals depression, or at least forced routine, and I also agree that lack of self expression does the same.
      At school, there are GCSE's we HAVE to take, even ones that I don't personally think will help us, or at least in what I plan to be when I'm older, meaning there are subjects that I want to do but have to choose between because I can't do them all.
      And though most of my life at home has very little routine, when I go to my dads I could tell you exactly what I would be doing at any time, and even what I would be eating!
      It is depressing, and it means when I DO get free time I feel to weary to even do what I previously wanted.

      I think it is certain sorts of people who prefer to do different things, so as long as it's as realistic and fair, I think people should get a choice in pretty much everything. (Self expression here)
      That's why I want to be a writer and artist (as in all of the arts) but even here I know there will be things I will be made to do, even if it doesn't express my initial artistic intent.
      Dream goals: Fly (hopfully grow wings), meet some fairies (especially out of a midsummer nights dream), compose a story or poem and remember it when I awake, meet Sylvia Plath or William Shakespeare.

    14. #14
      Banned
      Join Date
      Nov 2007
      Gender
      Posts
      1,674
      Likes
      200
      Quote Originally Posted by Lunaticus View Post
      .I think it is certain sorts of people who prefer to do different things, so as long as it's as realistic and fair, I think people should get a choice in pretty much everything. (Self expression here)
      That's why I want to be a writer and artist (as in all of the arts) but even here I know there will be things I will be made to do, even if it doesn't express my initial artistic intent.
      When it was discovered that I could be almost anything I wanted, I chose manual labor in order to pursue a goal important to me--I was the first to bring a PC into the factory--as a worker--in order to purse my philosophy project. One might say that my first idea about what I wanted to pursue was when I was in diapers, before I could speak english but could think in it.

      I decided I would rather just get by and pursue my own projects, than be well off being told what my intellectual life had to be. I could not see contributing to something that rested on a false foundation anyway. My focus eventually turned to the foundation--a new foundation.

      Even doing repetitive work, or any kind of manual labor, I am wearing headphones auditing audio-books I produced and learning from them. Got a new pair of wireless this weekend. I wear while doing house work--I hear an error, I rush for the puter and get it fixed.

      I made a lot of discoveries in geometry while on the job. Also, figure out how to write equations etc, while working. Many people blame the environment for what they have failed to strive for. I see it as tending towards projection. It is easy to blame others for our short-comings. I don't see the point of two cripples arguing with each other as to whose fault is is that neither can walk.
      Last edited by Philosopher8659; 10-11-2010 at 06:14 PM.

    15. #15
      Member Laughing Man's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Gender
      Posts
      836
      Likes
      70
      Quote Originally Posted by Meraz123 View Post
      There are hundread of millions of people out there who want to be best in their life,achive goals.They just think about their goal and not take any ACTION to get there.Future is a good place to visit,but you don't want to live there as it will ruin your PRESENT.LIFE DOES NOT FAVOUR THOSE WHO SEEK TO FIND IT.IT COMES TO THOSE WHO REALIZE THAT THEY ALREADY HAVE IT.The way to achiving goals is DOING.It is only when you act with your mind and body towards your goal you make your dreams come true.
      Well if they don't take steps towards these supposed goals then I contest that they aren't really goals in the first place. Action is the application of means to an end and if that action is do nothing then the end is to be nothing. Therefore someone who does nothing toward achieving their supposed goal is not actually acting in the hope of achieving that goal and therefore isn't a goal.
      'What is war?...In a short sentence it may be summed up to be the combination and concentration of all the horrors, atrocities, crimes, and sufferings of which human nature on this globe is capable' - John Bright

    16. #16
      Member Laughing Man's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Gender
      Posts
      836
      Likes
      70
      Quote Originally Posted by Philosopher8659 View Post
      Actually, it may well be, tragic as it is, that the rise in suicide is commensurate with a rise in awareness. A need to know what one is for. Although the answer is easy, the problem is not routine, for in any setting routine is a large part of existence.

      Frustration is caused by needing to perform one's function but unable to. There are two reason why one cannot perform one's function, the environment and one's abilities.

      The environment is the social structure that denies one the ability for self-realization.

      When you know the purpose of the human mind, one will start to see just how wrong the social structure is, and also see just how inept one is at fulfilling that function.
      Again we butt heads over self-realization. How can one even begin to have the concept of self-realization without experiencing it in one's environment?
      'What is war?...In a short sentence it may be summed up to be the combination and concentration of all the horrors, atrocities, crimes, and sufferings of which human nature on this globe is capable' - John Bright

    17. #17
      The Anti-Member spockman's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Colorado
      Posts
      2,500
      Likes
      132
      Quote Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
      I'm all for repealing truancy laws which would allow individuals to choose whether they wish to go to school and which school they wish to attend. I don't see my education as a waste of time. High school isn't a place where one can actually achieve remarkable insight into your field of choice. It's an institution in which the weakest link sets the bar. You are more liberated in college and the further you progress your education, the more liberation you achieve. I'm trying to get into a masters program right now because this liberation is starting to creep away with government interventions. You should also know that college isn't for everyone. I would say not to go to college unless you are going to into education or a technical field. If anything else then its a waste of time/money.
      Unless, of course, you are not doing it for a diploma/job credential as much as actually needing what they will teach you just for the educations sake. Assuming it is not too expensive for you, going to college for the learning aspect rather than the diploma can be worth it. I would not go to college as long or spend as much money for this reason, though.
      Paul is Dead




    18. #18
      Member Laughing Man's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Gender
      Posts
      836
      Likes
      70
      Quote Originally Posted by spockman View Post
      Unless, of course, you are not doing it for a diploma/job credential as much as actually needing what they will teach you just for the educations sake. Assuming it is not too expensive for you, going to college for the learning aspect rather than the diploma can be worth it. I would not go to college as long or spend as much money for this reason, though.
      I see that as something which you can achieve outside of college. I have learned more from books not listed in college then ones inside. The desire to learn already exists, it just needs to be guided which can happen through private mentors.
      'What is war?...In a short sentence it may be summed up to be the combination and concentration of all the horrors, atrocities, crimes, and sufferings of which human nature on this globe is capable' - John Bright

    19. #19
      Banned
      Join Date
      Nov 2007
      Gender
      Posts
      1,674
      Likes
      200
      Quote Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
      Again we butt heads over self-realization. How can one even begin to have the concept of self-realization without experiencing it in one's environment?
      I am not That. I am This. Self and not self.

    20. #20
      Member Laughing Man's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Gender
      Posts
      836
      Likes
      70
      Quote Originally Posted by Philosopher8659 View Post
      I am not That. I am This. Self and not self.
      A cannot be A and non-A. That comment is also an obvious dodge to my statement. If one cannot develop self-realization because of its denial in the environment then how can one have the concept of self-realization? One of the conditions for having a concept is one's ability to apply it accurately most of the time and you said the environment around individuals is a denial of self-realization.
      'What is war?...In a short sentence it may be summed up to be the combination and concentration of all the horrors, atrocities, crimes, and sufferings of which human nature on this globe is capable' - John Bright

    21. #21
      The Anti-Member spockman's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Colorado
      Posts
      2,500
      Likes
      132
      Quote Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
      I see that as something which you can achieve outside of college. I have learned more from books not listed in college then ones inside. The desire to learn already exists, it just needs to be guided which can happen through private mentors.
      Most of the time I agree with this opinion, but not always. I'll give you an example. There is a one year film program that is very affordable. Within this program, you make many short films including longer projects with interdepartmental work with other film stufies students, making access to prospective writers and directors and actors easy. You also have access to film equipment up to 50,000 dollar cameras. And the way this course is set up, very fast paced with experienced teachers, there is no way I could self educate this way or find as commited mentors in one year outside of a program. This is a good investment for me that won't give me a technical degree.
      Last edited by spockman; 10-15-2010 at 03:42 PM.
      Paul is Dead




    22. #22
      Banned
      Join Date
      Nov 2007
      Gender
      Posts
      1,674
      Likes
      200
      Yes I did. But you look at it in a way of self contradiction. We are that which modifies the environment, that is our job. We realize what we are through action. I grant this aspect. But still, we are not what we do, we precede that. There must be certain givens in the environment-granted. These givens we often deny when they are really there. We have to work with what we have--not just give up.

      I have felt your plight very deeply all my life--but I wont give up. If it can be done, I can do it. It is something I must believe. No matter how much it hurts, I cannot give up. I have tried the suicide rout, not very interesting at all.

      Some will is better than no will. It is something I learned in the lucid dreamstate very, very young. No matter how hard it is, I can make some progress. I avoid the question because I don't like remember what I have been through.

      We are being made to change the environment, that is our realization, be we are not yet realized, we are not yet what we are to become. The greatest work that we have to do, is in developing ourselves. To learn what courage is, virtue is, or in short, to remove first the beam from our own eye. And it is the hardest thing we will ever do. We will spend decades of our life wishing we were never born. To survive it, we must believe that it is something that we can do, or find something just as important we want to accomplish in our lives. If there is anything at all we hold dear, we will change what we are to accomplish it. We will learn, or we will die.

      We will use every trick in the book to kick ourselves in the ass. It will be not second nature, but nature to us. We will learn the art of self-deprication, and we will live a life believing that we are complete failures but that we will get over it. We cannot anticipate the pain, the loss, but we will prevail.

      The environment is a given. We will learn to change it for the better, but what must first be applied are the forms of behavior upon ourselves by which we can do what we must. A life of pain and grief is a given.

      We must learn craft before we exercise it. There is more learning material today that is free than ever before in history. I even make it and give it away free. And there is garbage day, I treated as shopping day. If you want to learn it, someone has tossed it in the garbage, free. So whine if you will, but there is nothing holding you back but yourself.

      So, your logic is self defeating and circular. What do you think self-realization is? It is the ability to learn and to change just that very same environment in order to maintain and promote our life. And if you aint' dead yet, then there is plenty to work with.

      Face it, your whining not because it is hard, but because you really expect someone else to do it for you. What is self-realization? Doing it one's self!

      There is only one thing in all of creation I am not responsible for, and that is a soul mate. Every other thing that I desire to be done in all of creation is my responsibility. It is as simple as that. I need only 1 true friend.

      You caught me off gaurd, you really did. All the things I learned and did I took for granted, but if you stop to thinhk about it, the situation is this.

      I am a starving man who is faced with a table full of food. Do I bitch that there is just too much to eat? HELLO!

      Our job, as a human mind, is to effect human will such that it maintains and promotes our life. Therefore, a truly functional mind is happy because there is always something to do. Bordom is unknown. We are only sad because of our stupidity, lazyness, and lack of virtue--for it is these things and these things alone that hinder us from achieving the true happiness of accomplishing something of value.

      Do you now see how wrong civilization is? By creating a life of ease they are killing themselves. This is why there is so much emotional turmoil. They are their own worst enemy. There is a difference in creating things to aid you and creating things to replace you.

      Until you correct your own mind, you will never have the vision of what civilization should be.
      Last edited by Philosopher8659; 10-15-2010 at 01:01 PM.

    23. #23
      Miss Sixy <span class='glow_FFFFFF'>Maria92</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      LD Count
      Mortal Mist
      Gender
      Location
      Seiren
      Posts
      5,003
      Likes
      1408
      DJ Entries
      82
      I'm gonna venture to make a post here without reading the thread. tl;dr

      I've passively contemplated suicide not out of personal boredom or distress, but more out of wonderment. My view of death (nothingness) sounds quite peaceful to me. No more thoughts, no more inner turmoil, no more existence. I don't fear it. But then at the same time, I don't want to inflict pain on my friends and family, even if I won't be around to feel guilty over it. I want to live out my life and see all it has in store for me. I want a good, long, happy existence. I don't mind a daily routine...I can thrive on one. A daily routine is stable, safe, and can be retired from in many cases. What I fear is pain. Pain is perhaps the only thing that would drive me to suicide, which I'm already rather ambivalent toward. Not brief, mild, fleeting pain. Long-term pain. A lifetime prison sentence, perhaps, or similar situation.

      Click the sig for my Dream Journal
      444 Dreams Recalled
      13 Lucid Dreams

    24. #24
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Gender
      Location
      USA
      Posts
      94
      Likes
      5
      I, for one, dread the idea of non-existence. It's the fact it's just that- you're no longer "there."

      Final. Nothing. Nonexistence isn't peace because the peace can't coexist fore oneself with the nothingness created by death. Absolutely nothing, an end, everything will go on without you.

      Death isn't a means to an end it is the end in itself and one cannot escape from it once one is already there.

    25. #25
      Miss Sixy <span class='glow_FFFFFF'>Maria92</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      LD Count
      Mortal Mist
      Gender
      Location
      Seiren
      Posts
      5,003
      Likes
      1408
      DJ Entries
      82
      Quote Originally Posted by Medevila View Post
      I, for one, dread the idea of non-existence. It's the fact it's just that- you're no longer "there."

      Final. Nothing. Nonexistence isn't peace because the peace can't coexist fore oneself with the nothingness created by death. Absolutely nothing, an end, everything will go on without you.

      Death isn't a means to an end it is the end in itself and one cannot escape from it once one is already there.
      I seem to like everything in death that you don't. That's what I find so cool about it. There are no thoughts. You won't experience a feeling of peace. You will simply stop existing. You, as a conscious entity, will cease to be. It will be like returning to the womb. And the idea that everything will go on without you is one of the greatest humbling experiences out there. I am a tiny, ignorant, insignificant bit of carbon. The universe could care less what happens to me. I have one life, and it is short and unimportant. Death is nothing to fear. It is not unpleasant. It is the ultimate definition of "resting in peace."

      Click the sig for my Dream Journal
      444 Dreams Recalled
      13 Lucid Dreams

    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Applying lucidty in dream-life to waking-life, and vice versa.
      By acatalephobic in forum General Lucid Discussion
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: 06-06-2011, 02:23 AM
    2. NASA Finds Life on the Moon. Fossils & Life
      By Dreamhope11 in forum Beyond Dreaming
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 07-01-2008, 09:34 AM
    3. Subjective Reality tied to lucid dreaming.
      By nick8462 in forum Philosophy
      Replies: 30
      Last Post: 02-05-2008, 08:42 PM
    4. Strong Emotions/ Tied to a Dream?
      By Adrenaline Junkie in forum General Dream Discussion
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 06-10-2007, 02:53 PM
    5. Tied to the Earth?
      By Funkymonkey in forum Lucid Experiences
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 07-08-2004, 11:37 PM

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •