• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Results 101 to 124 of 124
    1. #101
      SKA
      SKA is offline
      Human Being SKA's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Gender
      Location
      Here, Now
      Posts
      2,466
      Likes
      62
      Wow this Topic really unleashed the Philosopher State of Midn in me

      I was just looking outside the Window. And thinking of what I just said about Reality being a Big fucking Joke which we all buy.

      I saw the tree in front of my window, and suddenly wondered: Why are the Leaf's Green?
      I Imagined some Scientific Critic would say:''well there are green color pigments in the cells of the leaf''
      I'd be like: '' I KNOW, I did my Biology, but the question was more: why would that pigment in the leaf have to be Green in the First place? Why not Blue?
      The Scientific Critic would say: ''The green leafs Provide plenty of shelter and Camouflage to green-colored organisms'' And I'd be: Righ back at'cha: Why couldn't those Animals living in the safe shelter and camouflage of the trees leafs be Blue?Just like the Leafs. Would provide the same shelter and camouflage, right?''

      I wonder what the Scientist would have to say back to that? Or the next question I'll ask him. I just can't stop. WHY oh Why is everything Exactly the way it IS: Bark usually Brownish, Soil black or Brown, Leafs and plants Green, The Sky Blue, Water Transparent and Liquid, Humans come in serveral colors variants, but they are in groups also typically the same.

      As if there were some plan as how everything should be. It's so Typical, So characteristic. Like some one made it up to his/her preferences and created it like that.

      Why is everything the way it is? Why is that, which is known as Reality, Real? Why wasn't it made slightly or completely different, but JUST the Typical way it is Instead? Reason seems hard to be found here. Just like it was made so because the one who did thought ''it would be prettyer this way'' Catch my Drift?

      Try looking at anything, especially Nature, with this thought in Mind. ''Why exactly like THIS and not different ?'' and it'll blow your Mind.
      Luminous Spacious Dream Masters That Holographically Communicate
      among other teachers taught me

      not to overestimate the Value of our Concrete Knowledge;"Common sense"/Rationality,
      for doing so would make us Blind for the unimaginable, unparalleled Capacity of and Wisdom contained within our Felt Knowledge;Subconscious Intuition.

    2. #102
      Member CoLd BlooDed's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Gender
      Location
      BC, Canada
      Posts
      3,130
      Likes
      17
      I always do that, great thought.

      One thing I always think about is history. For instance, the dinosaurs - we know they were around, we know they populated the entire earth and became extinct, but really they're just fictional things that we'll never really see alive and moving. You can imagine it in your head, but you truly will never know what it's like to see a Tyrannosaurus chasing after its prey, or a herd of triceratops grazing. Right now I bet you're imagining Jurassic Park, or The Land Before Time - it's weird to think that these were actual living, breathing creatures.


      Starry starry night, paint your pallet blue and gray,
      Look out on a summers day,
      with eyes that know the darkness of my soul.


    3. #103
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by CoLd View Post
      I always do that, great thought.

      One thing I always think about is history. For instance, the dinosaurs - we know they were around, we know they populated the entire earth and became extinct, but really they're just fictional things that we'll never really see alive and moving. You can imagine it in your head, but you truly will never know what it's like to see a Tyrannosaurus chasing after its prey, or a herd of triceratops grazing. Right now I bet you're imagining Jurassic Park, or The Land Before Time - it's weird to think that these were actual living, breathing creatures.
      [/b]
      And they became extict 65 MILLION years ago! I look back on my childhood in the 1970's and see it as something so far back it is almost as if it is not even real. It is almost like a dream. Fantasy land. The 70's ended less than 27 years ago. 65 million years is an outrageously long time. That is just when they became extinct. They were around 135 million years before that. The amount of time they were on this planet is more than twice the amount of time they have not been here. Right here, they were here. That long ago. Insane.

      Earth has been here for 5 billion years. That is a great deal of periods of 65 million years.

      If you ever get depressed or anxious about your lot in life or your place in society or your bills or whatever, go to a museum where you can look at fossils that are millions of years old, and you will realize the complete insignificance of what is going on in the world right now, and your problems will look much smaller. The state of the human race on this planet right now has miniscule significance in the big picture. I'm not too sure they will be talking about the war on terror in museums 65 million years from now. Maybe they will. Humans as we know them will not even exist.

      On the other hand, the 20th century is where we have the earliest video and audio recordings of Earth, the first motorized flight, the first computer, the first two human world wars, the first journey to space from Earth, and the industrial revolution. In human history, the century we were born in will live forever. It was the turning point in human history. I love knowing that. Will the Beatles be listened to by beings 65 million years from now? Will those beings ever watch Easy Rider? They will know a lot about the century, so maybe they will know a lot about the cultural entertainment. Something they won't be doing is caring what Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton wore on the red carpet last month.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    4. #104
      Member ninja pirate's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Gender
      Posts
      178
      Likes
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by SKA View Post
      But also this theory has popped into my Mind when I was on Mushrooms.

      It's amazing how Mushrooms can make you aware of how infinite ad eternal time and space are. And expecially, in the Visual way, they show you that Space really IS a Relative thing. And how Reality in it's whole is a Laughable Mockery. A Big Joke. Those who've had Mushrooms will know what I mean
      [/b]

      Not bashing you for using drugs, but they are certainly not necessary to have philsophical thoughts about infinity. I quote a friend in saying that space isn't exactly infinite, but it might as well be considering it keeps expanding. What's infinite must be the tapestry on which it is expanding. For instance, if you were to freeze frame the universe at this very moment, there is a finite amount of space. Set the universe back in motion and it will grow infinitely larger....well, so to speak. I'm reluctant to use terms like "large" or "small" because like ska said, size is relative. There really is no large or small in infinity; everything is one and the same. It's just extremely complex and beautiful.

      Existence is a mind-blowing thought. It seems like such a normal thing to most of us. Wake up, brush your teeth, go to work. In reality though, there is nothing normal about it. To exist at all is truly a miracle.

      Somebody mentioned earlier in this discussion the concept of nothingness. They wanted to know what it would "look" like. It wouldn't look like anything, because it would not be anything. There would be no space, time, or even a single conscious being. Think about what you remember before your birth. Yeah, nothingness would be kinda like that, except that would be the only existing, or non-existing, state that would ever be, or not be...
      "Every day should be a good day to die."

      - Dave

    5. #105
      xer iz bû ŵun konyisnis. Stevehattan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Gender
      Posts
      214
      Likes
      2
      One of my recent favorites is the arrow of time being an illusion (or at least, it might as well be). It's impossible to know whether your consciousness experiences instants of time in chronological order or not. Sure, you FEEL like you know exactly what happened in previous instants, but that's because of your brain's short-term memory. Your consciousness doesn't have any built-in memory. For all you know, the universe was just created in this exact instant and your brain "came with" the memories you have right now, giving you the illusion of having been sitting at your computer for longer than an instant. After all, your memories are nothing but arrangements of atoms.
      ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

    6. #106
      Member DyerMaker's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Location
      Florida
      Posts
      145
      Likes
      0
      Alright, if you've ever seen this movie you would know how mind blowing it is. But here is a small taste. Check out their website because theres a lot of awesome quotes. I suggest somehow getting a hold of the movie and watching it.

      http://whatthebleep.com/download/
      It's the first download called the doubleslit experiment. The Dr.Quantum dude is kind of corny but it makes it easy to understand.


    7. #107
      Member ninja pirate's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Gender
      Posts
      178
      Likes
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by DyerMaker View Post
      Alright, if you've ever seen this movie you would know how mind blowing it is. But here is a small taste. Check out their website because theres a lot of awesome quotes. I suggest somehow getting a hold of the movie and watching it.

      http://whatthebleep.com/download/
      It's the first download called the doubleslit experiment. The Dr.Quantum dude is kind of corny but it makes it easy to understand.
      [/b]


      what exactly does this imply? that matter has intelligence?
      "Every day should be a good day to die."

      - Dave

    8. #108
      Member DyerMaker's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Location
      Florida
      Posts
      145
      Likes
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by ninja View Post
      what exactly does this imply? that matter has intelligence?
      [/b]
      Well the whole premise of the movie is that are thoughts and observations effect matter. That we create our reality. The electron is actually like a wave of possibilities that collapses when observed.

      In one section of the movie they say that particles actually pop in and out of existence and the interesting question is where do they go? Most likely an alternate universe.

      Also there's a japanese scientist who studies the effects thoughts have upon water. you can read about it there http://www.hado.net/hado_introduction.html
      So the argument is if our thoughts can effect water imagine what they do to us. There are studies that show cells get use to certain emotions and develops into a trend.

      I'm not really good at explaining it, it's all in the movie.


    9. #109
      Member Achievements:
      1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Posts
      25
      Likes
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by Hominus View Post
      actually there is an end, because your fingers will eventually touch
      [/b]
      Exactly. Your fingers touch, thus you can't go closer.

      When you're touching a solid, the reason that the atoms in your finger don't go through it (like they do through a fluid) is because of the electromagnetic force. There's always a gap between something you're touching and your finger; you never actually "touch" the other object; you just feel the force from it.
      but i know what you are getting at. Even if the fingers and .0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000001 cm apart you can still go closer.
      [/b]
      No, you can't. You can't even get that close in the first place.

      Sorry to be such a downer
      "There's so much to dream about; there must be more to my life" — Alexisonfire, "Boiled Frogs"

    10. #110
      Member Amethyst Star's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2004
      Gender
      Location
      Atashermi
      Posts
      6,856
      Likes
      63
      Some people say that humans are just animals. Would not thinking this way bring us closer and closer to being true animals rather than remaining human?

      That's all. Just a thought.

      "If there was one thing the lucid dreaming ninja writer could not stand, it was used car salesmen."

    11. #111
      Member ninja pirate's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Gender
      Posts
      178
      Likes
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by shill View Post


      No, you can't. You can't even get that close in the first place.

      Sorry to be such a downer
      [/b]

      Technically, you can. Physically, WE can't. But since space can always be divided in half, then it is possible for the fingers to never touch. Think outside of the box.
      "Every day should be a good day to die."

      - Dave

    12. #112
      Member Bonsay's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Gender
      Location
      In a pot.
      Posts
      2,706
      Likes
      60
      Quote Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
      Some people say that humans are just animals. Would not thinking this way bring us closer and closer to being true animals rather than remaining human?

      That's all. Just a thought.
      [/b]
      I believe we are just animals, just getting more intelligent. We are animals, aren't we?
      C:\Documents and Settings\Akul\My Documents\My Pictures\Sig.gif

    13. #113
      Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Gender
      Posts
      708
      Likes
      20
      Quote Originally Posted by Bonsay View Post
      I believe we are just animals, just getting more intelligent. We are animals, aren't we?
      [/b]

      I believe so because i was really high last night watching Troy and at the part when brad pitts cousin got killed then he went crazy he had so much rage in him and he beat up whoever he wanted with no thought or care for what was going to happen to him, now i still think some people do that but i guess you had to be in the frame of mind i was in to understand
      ld's since joining....28
      dreams are real while they last, what more can be said about life??
      Adopted: SuperDuck

    14. #114
      SKA
      SKA is offline
      Human Being SKA's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Gender
      Location
      Here, Now
      Posts
      2,466
      Likes
      62
      Existance, as stevehatten mentioned before, indeed IS mindblowing.
      Everything that exists exists. Everything that doesn't exist..well doesn't exist.

      Sounds very clear and obvious, but isn't it strange? What is the Defenition of existance? The Defenition of Light only Exists because there is something the opposite too: Darkness. Darkness defines Light and Ligh Defines Darkness.

      But what is the opposite of Existance? Non-existance?
      Wait, Non-existance does not EXIST right? How can we then Define what exactly Existance is?

      We can't. It seemed logical and scientifically/reasonably understandable at first, but after having read that which I just wrote above, do still think it is so logical?

      What would be a sunny day if every day would be a sunny day? Right? It wouldn't be a sunny day. We define sunny days as being sunny by compairing it to the opposite: A dark, clouded, rainy day

      What would be existance if that was all there was? It is isn't it? It IS all there is. Simply because there IS nothing that IS not: Doesn't exist. There is no opposite to existance. So how do we define what it is?

      Such a Good question...what exactly is Existance?
      Luminous Spacious Dream Masters That Holographically Communicate
      among other teachers taught me

      not to overestimate the Value of our Concrete Knowledge;"Common sense"/Rationality,
      for doing so would make us Blind for the unimaginable, unparalleled Capacity of and Wisdom contained within our Felt Knowledge;Subconscious Intuition.

    15. #115
      Member ninja pirate's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Gender
      Posts
      178
      Likes
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by SKA View Post

      But what is the opposite of Existance? Non-existance?
      Wait, Non-existance does not EXIST right? How can we then Define what exactly Existance is?

      [/b]
      This could be a good argument for eternal existence...if non-existence does not exist, the implication is that we will always exist.
      "Every day should be a good day to die."

      - Dave

    16. #116
      SKA
      SKA is offline
      Human Being SKA's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Gender
      Location
      Here, Now
      Posts
      2,466
      Likes
      62
      Quote Originally Posted by ninja View Post
      This could be a good argument for eternal existence...if non-existence does not exist, the implication is that we will always exist.
      [/b]
      So if an Individual Dies. (and let's put all afterlife-theories aside for this one) Does he/she Cease to exist? Well there'd be no Magician in the World than could do such a Disappearing trick You'd be ''Non-existant'' all of a sudden?

      So let's say there's an afterlife....is it the non-existance? no it couldn't be cuz it simply doesn't exist.
      Therefor it MUST exist, simply because there's no End to exstance indeed: It isn't limited. Existance is an Infinite term.
      So I see your Point about Eternal Existance: Existance cannot stop: because non-existance doesn't exist. That last line sounds as simple as a mathematic, logical explanation, but it is ingraspable for the human Mind. Infinte and Eternal existance: It MUST be. Ít can't NOT exist...wow this philosophical question even forced me to explain it in non-correct english terms.... I'm dizzy just by the very thought of the Infinity and Eternity that Existance yields.

      But what about the Dinosaurs? Extinct. Non-existant now, but they DID exist at some point in time... So time is connected to existance?
      Did they cease to exist and did we, amongst all other forms of life on Earh, take their place? Or do they still exist only no longer in physical, earthly form?
      So what happened to them? Did all dinosaurs just disappear into non-existance? Or did they just migrate into 'the Eternity and Infinity of Existance, now existing elsewhere in another form of existance?

      Since ''Time'' (which doesn't really exist as well anywayz) is INFINITE and eternal I guess EVERYTHING that comes to Mind must Exist SOMEwhere in Time or Space. Nothing is non-existant. Therefor Time, which is like space Infinite, yields the same infinite possibilities of Existance:


      everything existed once, now or will some time in the future or somewhere in space. So EVERYTHING exists. We think that ''everything'' means all we KNOW that exists, but even EVERYTHING we don't know about exists as well.

      EVERYTHING, like an infinity of existing things we do and don't know about. Where would it stop? NEVER because that wouldn't EXIST.......



      Wow this raises only more Questions o_Ġ : Yep true Philosophy My Brain Hurts
      Luminous Spacious Dream Masters That Holographically Communicate
      among other teachers taught me

      not to overestimate the Value of our Concrete Knowledge;"Common sense"/Rationality,
      for doing so would make us Blind for the unimaginable, unparalleled Capacity of and Wisdom contained within our Felt Knowledge;Subconscious Intuition.

    17. #117
      Member ninja pirate's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Gender
      Posts
      178
      Likes
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by SKA View Post


      But what about the Dinosaurs? Extinct. Non-existant now, but they DID exist at some point in time... So time is connected to existance?
      Did they cease to exist and did we, amongst all other forms of life on Earh, take their place? Or do they still exist only no longer in physical, earthly form?
      So what happened to them? Did all dinosaurs just disappear into non-existance? Or did they just migrate into 'the Eternity and Infinity of Existance, now existing elsewhere in another form of existance?

      [/b]

      Personally, I think everthing has an essence, or spirit, that lives on after physical death, because as we have discussed, there is no non-existence. So yes, I think the essence of the dinosaurs continued to exist after their extinction...who knows where it went though, and who knows where we will go. It's a nice thought to believe nirvana or heaven is waiting for us at the end of our lives, but no one really knows. I'd be content if my spirit lived on to travel the inifinte depths of the universe for eternity, almost like a never-ending lucid dream...in fact, that's what heaven would be like to me if i were to imagine such a place. So, who knows, maybe a tyrranasaurus rex has been continually re-incarnated and now exists as you or me...it's a mystery.



      NOTE: This also implies that we have existed before our current lives...my guess is as something other than human, because we'd have no language as a basis to create memory, hence why we don't remember anything prior to our birth in this life.
      "Every day should be a good day to die."

      - Dave

    18. #118
      Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Gender
      Posts
      708
      Likes
      20
      I have a saying i like that i heard somewhere

      The universe is only here because we are here

      Its like if there were no humans on earth the universe wouldnt exist because noone would know that anything existed. The animals would just keep on living not thinking. If we werent here than there potentally would not really be a universe

      its hard to describe
      ld's since joining....28
      dreams are real while they last, what more can be said about life??
      Adopted: SuperDuck

    19. #119
      Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Gender
      Posts
      708
      Likes
      20
      I just thought of another one, this goes iwht the post i just wrote

      When people ask who created God i have a good answer, us, Because wihtout god we wouldnt be here but wihtout us he wouldnt be here
      ld's since joining....28
      dreams are real while they last, what more can be said about life??
      Adopted: SuperDuck

    20. #120
      Banned
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Posts
      332
      Likes
      0
      Think about this. Everything you see, feel, and hear has all been an illusion. Everyone and everything has been pre-programmed by some super-intelligent beings who decided to create an online game version of "The Sims" and we are all just characters in one of the most popular games ever. One day, the game might just get shutdown and you'll see in your vision "GAME OVER" then it all goes black. Reality was never there.

      HAHAHA


    21. #121
      Member ninja pirate's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Gender
      Posts
      178
      Likes
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by Manifold_Time View Post
      Think about this. Everything you see, feel, and hear has all been an illusion. Everyone and everything has been pre-programmed by some super-intelligent beings who decided to create an online game version of "The Sims" and we are all just characters in one of the most popular games ever. One day, the game might just get shutdown and you'll see in your vision "GAME OVER" then it all goes black. Reality was never there.

      HAHAHA


      [/b]

      There's a movie called 'The Matrix'
      "Every day should be a good day to die."

      - Dave

    22. #122
      Banned
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Posts
      332
      Likes
      0
      The Matrix is similar, although it wasn't created to be a game.

      I revel in the notion that we may be little sims walking around with some "God" controlling me.

    23. #123
      SKA
      SKA is offline
      Human Being SKA's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Gender
      Location
      Here, Now
      Posts
      2,466
      Likes
      62
      What if there were NO collective truths and Realities? What if we all live Isolated in our own Individual worlds? Like we are Dreaming 24/7 our entire lives and we don't actually ever access and interact with ''the outside world'' allthough we think we do, just like in Dreams. What if we all were locked very deep in our own Individual Coma, in our own Dreams forever, without knowing it and seeing through the bullshit?

      What if your PC, the screen and this forum and all it's members were not Real but only a Personal Individual Truth for the Person who reas this? Only a part of your own Dreaming Mind.What if this and everything was part of an everlasting immersive very realistic DreamWorld where we are Isolated from actually accessing and interactig with others and only Dream we do?

      I don't think you could easily disprove this from possibly being true.
      Luminous Spacious Dream Masters That Holographically Communicate
      among other teachers taught me

      not to overestimate the Value of our Concrete Knowledge;"Common sense"/Rationality,
      for doing so would make us Blind for the unimaginable, unparalleled Capacity of and Wisdom contained within our Felt Knowledge;Subconscious Intuition.

    24. #124
      Banned
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Gender
      Posts
      806
      Likes
      0
      orbsycli's avatar blows my mind

      how anyone could look like that on the inside is beyond me!

    Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •