• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 33
    1. #1
      Member Yarrickshad's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2007
      Location
      Drow-Zan (aka UK)
      Posts
      9
      Likes
      0
      When i think of the meaning of life i think of it as a very long play and everyone and everything is an actor that acts his her or it's part in that giant play. But this pantomyme is a never ending and forever changing story. Every choice, every decision made by everything/everyone throughout the history of the universe changes the story ever so slightly, good or evil. I will now try to explain what i think life is all about.

      From what i understand, people in general regard life belonging to anything that breathes. In reality life is vast, from the smallest single celled organism to the mightiest of galaxies, Every single life affects every other in existence even without us knowing about it. But Life, of course, has a plan that it must adhere to and this plan is simply called nature. Nature itself governs all, nothing is untouched by nature and everything is forever scrutinised by it, life must adapt or die and only the strong will survive. Through this process it ensures that only the stongest species survive through natural selection and the weak die off to make room... I think of this as having a lot of people turn up for auditions and only choosing the best actors for the roles... One form of life will never have a strong advantage over any other because nature simply will not let it happen, there will always be something that will keep a species in it's proper place. Humanity will never cure desease because once Humanity has cured Cancer, for example, it will simply develop another illness to take it's place. Or if a species becomes too numerious then nature will kill some off with an epidemic or a disaster of some sort that will hinder that species population which will force it to drop.

      Death comes for all and there is nothing that can be done to avoid that fate. Our sun will die as have thousands before it and it will kill all life on this planet. But from our suns death and ours it will form into a nebula and give birth to new suns, new planets, new lives and endless possibilities and the great play will go forever on.

      Something to think about...

      We live on a glorious planet and it is our home. Every wrong done to it will bring our home slowly to it's knees... It is our cradle, our birth place and it protects us from harm, saves us from a hostile galaxy... But it can only protect us so long as we protect it in return.
      Love and hate are two powerful and terrible emotions, both of which Man is willing to kill and die for...

      Drow Tyriel Reia Eltano Yarrickshad Bielann

    2. #2
      Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      wasup's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Gender
      Posts
      4,668
      Likes
      21
      I don't see how this hasn't been said before / how its a new idea

    3. #3
      Member Bushido's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2007
      Location
      uk
      Posts
      36
      Likes
      0
      Hi

      The meaning of life huh. Oh well, the way I see it is it all depends on whether you believe in God.

      If you don't then life is one big accident and so cannot possibly have a meaning
      and if you do....well then life has a meaning.

      simple


      Bushido

      (Although it could just as easily be 42)

    4. #4
      Member Yarrickshad's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2007
      Location
      Drow-Zan (aka UK)
      Posts
      9
      Likes
      0
      Hey come on Ataraxis i'm new how am i supposed to know that?
      Love and hate are two powerful and terrible emotions, both of which Man is willing to kill and die for...

      Drow Tyriel Reia Eltano Yarrickshad Bielann

    5. #5
      Member Bonsay's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Gender
      Location
      In a pot.
      Posts
      2,706
      Likes
      60
      Welcome to the forums!
      I think the meaning of life is probably uncomprehendable to us, so whatever your idea is, it might be true or it might not. It's still fun to think about it though.
      C:\Documents and Settings\Akul\My Documents\My Pictures\Sig.gif

    6. #6
      - Neruo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Gender
      Location
      The Netherlands
      Posts
      4,438
      Likes
      5
      Quote Originally Posted by ataraxis View Post
      I don't see how this hasn't been said before / how its a new idea
      [/b]

      I agree. This 'theory' isn't even really anything at all. It is just a certain description of the world. (a rather silly description, how do you even define nature? Nature is life. Did you mean laws of physics?)

      It really isn't a theory about the meaning of life. It just is a observation without actually explaining what is the real meaning (or lack of it, and just explaining how the laws of physics came to be) behind life.
      “What a peculiar privilege has this little agitation of the brain which we call 'thought'” -Hume

    7. #7
      Member Yarrickshad's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2007
      Location
      Drow-Zan (aka UK)
      Posts
      9
      Likes
      0
      I agree. This 'theory' isn't even really anything at all. It is just a certain description of the world. (a rather silly description, how do you even define nature? Nature is life. Did you mean laws of physics?)

      It really isn't a theory about the meaning of life. It just is a observation without actually explaining what is the real meaning (or lack of it, and just explaining how the laws of physics came to be) behind life.[/b]
      ^Ignorance is a virtue judging by that comment...

      Nature is NOT life, life is a small part of nature and nature governs life. The real meaning behind life is to survive and pass on your seed so that the generations will live on. Life is constantly being attacked to make sure that only the strongest survive, individually or as a species, if you can't keep up you will die and be replaced by something that can, (stand the test of time basically).

      There is nothing 'silly' about my discription, it is impossible to define nature as you said but it is possible to have some understanding on how nature works. Nature is not just stuck to the confines of this planet, it governs everything in the universe, big and small. Nature Controls life, laws of physics, soul and aura of everything ever to have existed, nature keeps the balance. It really isn't a hard concept to follow to be honest, neruo.
      Love and hate are two powerful and terrible emotions, both of which Man is willing to kill and die for...

      Drow Tyriel Reia Eltano Yarrickshad Bielann

    8. #8
      Cosmic Citizen ExoByte's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      LD Count
      ~A Dozen
      Gender
      Location
      Ontario
      Posts
      4,394
      Likes
      116
      This space is reserved for signature text. A signature goes here. A signature is static combination of words at the end of a post. This is not a signature. Its a signature placeholder. One day my signature will go here.

      Signed,
      Me

    9. #9
      spire Achievements:
      1 year registered Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      spirit's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2006
      LD Count
      121
      Gender
      Location
      UK
      Posts
      92
      Likes
      10
      DJ Entries
      8

      Arrow

      Quote Originally Posted by ataraxis View Post
      I don't see how this hasn't been said before / how its a new idea
      [/b]

      Come on guys, I don't think it's very fair to scrutinise Yarrickshad's ideas or beliefs, as he is only expressing his opinion on his view of the meaning of life. It is like critisising someone's religion and this in my view is out of order.

      Besides, the thing about opinions, is that they are neither right nor wrong-and when we all understand that, we might actually get somewhere in this world!

      Spirit x x x
      Positive thinking got me where I am today..it will get me where I need to be tomorrow

      Adopted by dudesuperior ^_^

    10. #10
      Member krookedking's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Gender
      Location
      south of france
      Posts
      248
      Likes
      0
      Just one thing :
      The meaning of life huh. Oh well, the way I see it is it all depends on whether you believe in God.

      If you don't then life is one big accident and so cannot possibly have a meaning
      and if you do....well then life has a meaning[/b]
      What??
      Well, all I can say is that I'm a living proof against what you said. I don't believe in God and I don't see life as a "big accident". Otherwise I might kill myself on the spot, which I don't mind to happen...but that's another story
      I'm just optimist and have the most fun I can have...
      And also, an accident can have a meaning.
      Getting back to LDing


      -This can be a dream-

    11. #11
      Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      wasup's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Gender
      Posts
      4,668
      Likes
      21
      Quote Originally Posted by spirit View Post


      Come on guys, I don't think it's very fair to scrutinise Yarrickshad's ideas or beliefs, as he is only expressing his opinion on his view of the meaning of life. It is like critisising someone's religion and this in my view is out of order.

      Besides, the thing about opinions, is that they are neither right nor wrong-and when we all understand that, we might actually get somewhere in this world!

      Spirit x x x [/b]
      Uh, for one. Opinions are obviously not right or wrong, but I did not say they were right or wrong. Just that they weren't "new" opinions. And as someone else said, like I was thinking before, was that it was not the "meaning of life," it was simply a silly description of aspects of nature and how things work. Personally, I don't think there is a meaning of life. Reducing the entirety of life and, well, everything, to one "meaning" is simply a ridiculous simplification.

    12. #12
      Rotaredom Howie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2003
      Gender
      Location
      Undisclosed location
      Posts
      10,272
      Likes
      24
      Quote Originally Posted by ataraxis View Post
      Uh, for one. Opinions are obviously not right or wrong, but I did not say they were right or wrong. Just that they weren't "new" opinions. And as someone else said, like I was thinking before, was that it was not the "meaning of life," it was simply a silly description of aspects of nature and how things work. Personally, I don't think there is a meaning of life. Reducing the entirety of life and, well, everything, to one "meaning" is simply a ridiculous simplification.[/b]

      You have such an optimistic view on many topics ataraxis.



    13. #13
      Member Bushido's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2007
      Location
      uk
      Posts
      36
      Likes
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by krookedking View Post
      Just one thing :

      What??
      Well, all I can say is that I'm a living proof against what you said. I don't believe in God and I don't see life as a "big accident". Otherwise I might kill myself on the spot, which I don't mind to happen...but that's another story
      I'm just optimist and have the most fun I can have...
      And also, an accident can have a meaning.
      [/b]

      Well think about it...as you don't believe in God the big bang occurred on it's own. Now the because there was an explosion many elements were formed, gases were formed, suns and planets were formed. One of these planets ended up with exactly the right atmosphere and environment to support life. Moving through time a bit, we come along. We have a structure where every part of our body is perfectly designed for it's task as with all animals except we also have an "observer" which no scientist has found the location of.
      Now all of this was created by an explosion so either we are extraordinarily lucky or there was another force involved, ie God.

      You say an accident can have a meaning. I personally don't agree with this, to me that goes down the road of destiny " oh maybe it was meant to happen ". If there was nothing before the explosion (big bang) how can it have a meaning? Nothing was there to give it a meaning, it was just an explosion.

      BUshido

    14. #14
      - Neruo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Gender
      Location
      The Netherlands
      Posts
      4,438
      Likes
      5
      Quote Originally Posted by Yarrickshad View Post
      ^Ignorance is a virtue judging by that comment...[/b]
      Did I say that? I just said that you don't have a theory about the meaning of life at all. What are you really saying? You are just comparing life with a play. Reasonable comparison, but it doesn't really say anything.


      Nature is NOT life, life is a small part of nature and nature governs life. The real meaning behind life is to survive and pass on your seed so that the generations will live on. Life is constantly being attacked to make sure that only the strongest survive, individually or as a species, if you can't keep up you will die and be replaced by something that can, (stand the test of time basically).[/b]
      Yea, it's called evolution einstein. Also, about the terminology:

      na·ture Pronunciation (nchr)
      n.
      1. The material world and its phenomena.
      3. The world of living things and the outdoors: the beauties of nature.

      You used definition 1 of nature, I used definition 3.

      And sure, most of what we do is driven by evolution: We like sex, because if we didn't, our kind would die out. We like food, because if we didn't, we would die out. That however doesn't give life any (objective) meaning.

      There is nothing 'silly' about my discription, it is impossible to define nature as you said but it is possible to have some understanding on how nature works. Nature is not just stuck to the confines of this planet, it governs everything in the universe, big and small. Nature Controls life, laws of physics, soul and aura of everything ever to have existed, nature keeps the balance. It really isn't a hard concept to follow to be honest, neruo.
      [/b]
      I think 'laws of the universe' is a way better description in my opinion. If I say I love nature, I am not saying I love gravity, I am saying I love plants and animals and shit. Now you know what I meant to say by nature, and I know what You meant to say by nature.

      Also, the part with 'nature controls life, ..., soul and aura' is totally nonsense. I mean I am not saying can't be true, but there is no proof what so ever of any soul or aura. However you are stating it as a fact. Also, you make it sound like 'nature' (laws of the universe) actively governs and balances everything. I disagree, it is just like gravity, it just is.

      Try to Actually say what the Meaning of Life is according to you, all you have done is described what life is.

      -

      According to me, there is no 'higher' meaning to life. One could say 'survival' and what comes a long with it is a meaning given to us by evolution, but it is an Highly subjective meaning. The universe (or actually, the multiverse) is infinite, it is beyond meaning. It doesn't have to have meaning, only people think they need meaning.


      “What a peculiar privilege has this little agitation of the brain which we call 'thought'” -Hume

    15. #15
      Member Yarrickshad's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2007
      Location
      Drow-Zan (aka UK)
      Posts
      9
      Likes
      0
      Uh, for one. Opinions are obviously not right or wrong, but I did not say they were right or wrong. Just that they weren't "new" opinions. And as someone else said, like I was thinking before, was that it was not the "meaning of life," it was simply a silly description of aspects of nature and how things work. Personally, I don't think there is a meaning of life. Reducing the entirety of life and, well, everything, to one "meaning" is simply a ridiculous simplification.[/b]
      As i said before there is nothing silly about my description, in fact it states quite clearly how nature desides which creatures survive and why they survive through natural selection. This is what I think and you criticizing in the manner that you are is an attack on my beliefs, like Spirit said, would you attack somebody's religion just because you don't agree with it?

      Neruo:

      Yea, it's called evolution einstein. Also, about the terminology:
      [/b]
      Hey he's getting the hang of it(&#33 Evolution is a small part of nature, Darwin.

      I know the terminology for nature, neruo. I'm not a complete loss to the world .

      I think 'laws of the universe' is a way better description in my opinion. If I say I love nature, I am not saying I love gravity, I am saying I love plants and animals and shit.[/b]
      But wouldn't you say that gravity is a NATURAL phenomenon? Like i said Nature isn't what lives and breathes. The laws of the universe is a natural phenomenon just like gravity.

      Also, the part with 'nature controls life, ..., soul and aura' is totally nonsense. I mean I am not saying can't be true, but there is no proof what so ever of any soul or aura. However you are stating it as a fact.[/b]
      You say it is total nonsense but you are saying it could be true, a slight contradiction in terms but i'll let you off . There is no proof in god but people believe he exists.
      I never stated it as a fact at all i said what i think life is all about, the proof is in the first post and first paragraph, i apologise if i have confused people but it is right there.

      People in general tend to act like someone walking in the dark with their eyes closed when it comes to nature, completely reluctent to open their eyes and look around them.
      Love and hate are two powerful and terrible emotions, both of which Man is willing to kill and die for...

      Drow Tyriel Reia Eltano Yarrickshad Bielann

    16. #16
      - Neruo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Gender
      Location
      The Netherlands
      Posts
      4,438
      Likes
      5
      Quote Originally Posted by Yarrickshad View Post
      As i said before there is nothing silly about my description, in fact it states quite clearly how nature desides which creatures survive and why they survive through natural selection. This is what I think and you criticizing in the manner that you are is an attack on my beliefs, like Spirit said, would you attack somebody's religion just because you don't agree with it?[/b]
      What are you trying to achieve, for me to say you aren't silly? I think you are. Also, how does YOUR definition of nature, what I call 'the laws of the universe' decide what creatures live and die? 'It' doesn't decide, it just happens.

      Also, at the top of your initial post you use terms like 'Good' and 'Evil'. Would like like to clarify How says what is good or evil? People are subjective, their classifications hold no objective value.

      Neruo:
      Hey he's getting the hang of it(&#33 Evolution is a small part of nature, Darwin.

      I know the terminology for nature, neruo. I'm not a complete loss to the world .[/b]
      Why do you use 'Nature' instead of 'laws of the universe'? Do people ever mistake 'laws of the universe for plants and animals and shit?

      But wouldn't you say that gravity is a NATURAL phenomenon? Like i said Nature isn't what lives and breathes. The laws of the universe is a natural phenomenon just like gravity.[/b]
      Like I already said, your 'translation' of the word nature was different from mine. I know what you mean now, no need to keep on ranting about it.

      You say it is total nonsense but you are saying it could be true, a slight contradiction in terms but i'll let you off . There is no proof in god but people believe he exists. [/b]
      lol. That is your proof? Because there is no proof for god, but people believe, aruas and souls exist? Hell of a proof you have there. People also used to think the earth was flat.

      I never stated it as a fact at all i said what i think life is all about, the proof is in the first post and first paragraph, i apologise if i have confused people but it is right there.[/b]
      I disagree with what you think.

      People in general tend to act like someone walking in the dark with their eyes closed when it comes to nature, completely reluctent to open their eyes and look around them.
      [/b]
      I am glad you are OH SO enlightened.

      No, but seriously, you fail pretty hard. All you do is state 'Nature (laws of the universe) is everything and it governs everything.'. What you are saying is 'the rules of everything govern everything'. What else do you say? A bunch of nonsense, after I call your 'theory' silly.

      You havn't said anything new, you haven't even said anything people can even disagree with (the laws of universe/nature does effect everything we know). What you haven't said however, is what the gives it meaning. And if it is just nature that is the meaning, why is it a meaning?




      “What a peculiar privilege has this little agitation of the brain which we call 'thought'” -Hume

    17. #17
      Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      wasup's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Gender
      Posts
      4,668
      Likes
      21
      Quote Originally Posted by Yarrickshad View Post

      As i said before there is nothing silly about my description, in fact it states quite clearly how nature desides which creatures survive and why they survive through natural selection. This is what I think and you criticizing in the manner that you are is an attack on my beliefs, like Spirit said, would you attack somebody's religion just because you don't agree with it?
      [/b]
      That is not a meaning of life that is a summary of evolution

      And how is this an "attack?"

    18. #18
      Member Yarrickshad's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2007
      Location
      Drow-Zan (aka UK)
      Posts
      9
      Likes
      0
      What are you trying to achieve, for me to say you aren't silly? I think you are. Also, how does YOUR definition of nature, what I call 'the laws of the universe' decide what creatures live and die? 'It' doesn't decide, it just happens.

      Also, at the top of your initial post you use terms like 'Good' and 'Evil'. Would like like to clarify How says what is good or evil? People are subjective, their classifications hold no objective value.[/b]
      Nothing happens for no apparent reason, all you are proving is your complete ignorance about the world around you, from what i heard you are a philosophy student... and a bad one at that if true. Good and evil is a matter of opinion, Hitler was an evil person but not to the people that followed him. By you saying that peoples' classifications hold no objective value means that peoples feelings and personalities are hollow and have no meaning... I think you can agree with me that is not true.

      Why do you use 'Nature' instead of 'laws of the universe'? Do people ever mistake 'laws of the universe for plants and animals and shit?[/b]
      I believe that the laws of the universe is nature, how many people do you hear say a "law of the universe phenomenon"? Most people would say an natural phenomenon. Nature is a little more than "plants and animals and shit", and that is a fact.

      Like I already said, your 'translation' of the word nature was different from mine. I know what you mean now, no need to keep on ranting about it.[/b]
      I'm not ranting at all you are just repeating yourself over and over again and i'm giving you the same answer. It's a double standard situation.

      lol. That is your proof? Because there is no proof for god, but people believe, aruas and souls exist? Hell of a proof you have there. People also used to think the earth was flat.[/b]
      That was not proof just an example. You do know that if you concentrate hard enough you can see an aura, it is a soft glow that surrounds everything, didn't know that did you? Thought not, nor did you know that with practise you can hear echos of souls that have past on. you also didn't know that people in the past didn't think the world was flat they thought it was round just like today, infact it has been known for the last 2000 years.

      I disagree with what you think.[/b]
      I didn't ask you or wanted you to agree with me, this is my opinion on the world and all you have done was criticizise and just generally spew endless crap in my direction, That could be because of a lack of understanding or your just plain stupid (or a combination of the two). What bothers me however is the fact that you critizise me for my thoughts and beliefs on the subject but you have yet to contribute your thoughts at all, why is that?

      I am glad you are OH SO enlightened.

      No, but seriously, you fail pretty hard. All you do is state 'Nature (laws of the universe) is everything and it governs everything.'. What you are saying is 'the rules of everything govern everything'. What else do you say? A bunch of nonsense, after I call your 'theory' silly.

      You havn't said anything new, you haven't even said anything people can even disagree with (the laws of universe/nature does effect everything we know). What you haven't said however, is what the gives it meaning. And if it is just nature that is the meaning, why is it a meaning? [/b]
      Yes i am.

      The goal of all life is to survive, pass on your seed and die but i personally believe that it does not simply end with death, but i believe that everything has a far bigger role to play than anyone could ever know, nature will find a use for you, for me and for everything else. You do what you need to do and then you move onto the next, (like acting a different part in the play if your imagination can stretch that far, Neruo). Nature only wants the best to go on, life is a test. THAT is what i think the meaning of life is.

      I do not fail, what does fail, however, is your utter lack of evidence or even a theory of your own about this subject which i have asked for. So if you are not intending on telling your thoughts, why are you even on this thread?

      But seriously, As i have stated time and time again this is what i think and i didn't ask you to agree, you just can't come to terms with that, i didn't say i knew the meaning of life did i? But you have come here for the sole reason to critizise by beliefs and for no other reason.

      If you even read the thread you would realise that i asked what you think the meaning of life is, therefore you say what you think it is and so can other people if they so wish.

      Ataraxis:

      No it was not an attack Ataraxis, i apoligise . I have no problem with someone disagreeing with me on the subject if it is in a civilised manner. Neruo, however, has done the opposite.
      Love and hate are two powerful and terrible emotions, both of which Man is willing to kill and die for...

      Drow Tyriel Reia Eltano Yarrickshad Bielann

    19. #19
      Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Posts
      91
      Likes
      0
      Saying only the strongest survive is a wrong. Because than we'd all be bacteria or something. It's more like the strong enough or not so weak survive.

      I think the meaning of life is to live miserable and wish for happiness.

    20. #20
      - Neruo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Gender
      Location
      The Netherlands
      Posts
      4,438
      Likes
      5
      Quote Originally Posted by Yarrickshad View Post
      Nothing happens for no apparent reason, all you are proving is your complete ignorance about the world around you, from what i heard you are a philosophy student... and a bad one at that if true. Good and evil is a matter of opinion, Hitler was an evil person but not to the people that followed him. [/b]
      "Nothing happens for no apparent reason", any proof of that?

      Also, I think you are ignorant, for thinking you know the meaning of life "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." -- Socrates

      By you saying that peoples' classifications hold no objective value means that peoples feelings and personalities are hollow and have no meaning... I think you can agree with me that is not true.[/b]
      I think you have very little understanding of words. I think it is pretty sure that on a greater scale, on an universal scale, something way before and beyond humankind, human emotions have no value. Especially if you go into the M-theory/parallel universes, since it would imply infinite possibilities, choice doesn't chance existence of a possible reality.

      Subjectively, I care a lot about emotions. I am human after all.

      I believe that the laws of the universe is nature, how many people do you hear say a "law of the universe phenomenon"? Most people would say an natural phenomenon. Nature is a little more than "plants and animals and shit", and that is a fact.[/b]
      Read a few posts back, I posted the definitions 'Nature' can have. Your 'fact' is proven wrong by the English language. Also, I knew 2 posts back that you mean laws of the universe are nature. You don't have to say that again.

      I'm not ranting at all you are just repeating yourself over and over again and i'm giving you the same answer. It's a double standard situation.[/b]
      Something I also already said when I told you you used 'nature' in a different way then I interpretated it. Neither of us were wrong, as the dictionary shows, but you are still talking about it posts after I explained the situation.

      That was not proof just an example. You do know that if you concentrate hard enough you can see an aura, it is a soft glow that surrounds everything, didn't know that did you?[/b]
      You are wrong again, I did know that already. I also know what cases that: the receptors in your eyes get used to that color, causing an opposite colored-lining around the object.

      Thought not, nor did you know that with practise you can hear echos of souls that have past on. you also didn't know that people in the past didn't think the world was flat they thought it was round just like today, infact it has been known for the last 2000 years.[/b]
      I know there are some medival pictures with God holding a sphere that looks like an earth, it doesn't take away the fact that people were burned for saying the sun didn't revolve around the earth. Also, people also hear allah, are THEY right? Not as right as you hearing your souls, are they now? Seriously, if anyone is ignorant it is you, to the mind's Incredible imaginative capabilities, dear sir.

      I didn't ask you or wanted you to agree with me, this is my opinion on the world and all you have done was criticizise and just generally spew endless crap in my direction, That could be because of a lack of understanding or your just plain stupid (or a combination of the two). What bothers me however is the fact that you critizise me for my thoughts and beliefs on the subject but you have yet to contribute your thoughts at all, why is that?[/b]
      Because it is so easy? I find your theory pretty weak, yet you show a horrific sense of having the feeling you are right. Also, you take criticism worse then religious people, what also makes it funny. If your theory is so true, you should be able to make me understand, yet you fail drastically.

      I also posted what I believed was the 'meaning of life', a few posts back. You ignored that part of my post, along with a few others.

      Yes i am.

      The goal of all life is to survive, pass on your seed and die but i personally believe that it does not simply end with death, but i believe that everything has a far bigger role to play than anyone could ever know, nature will find a use for you, for me and for everything else. You do what you need to do and then you move onto the next, (like acting a different part in the play if your imagination can stretch that far, Neruo). Nature only wants the best to go on, life is a test. THAT is what i think the meaning of life is.[/b]
      Basically, you are a Deist. Also, a Deist with views I find somewhat resemblant to the Nazi's, who also only wanted the best to survive.

      What however is even more interesting, is your COMPLETE and UTTER lack of any proof for your theory.

      I do not fail, what does fail, however, is your utter lack of evidence or even a theory of your own about this subject which i have asked for. So if you are not intending on telling your thoughts, why are you even on this thread?[/b]
      Like I said, see theory a few posts back. I can sum it up: Life has no objective goal, just a subjective, human, goal of living life as good as one can. Death is the end, supernatural things are extremely unlikely, a possible explanation of things before the big-bang is the M-theory. That is about what I believe.

      But seriously, As i have stated time and time again this is what i think and i didn't ask you to agree, you just can't come to terms with that, i didn't say i knew the meaning of life did i? But you have come here for the sole reason to critizise by beliefs and for no other reason.[/b]
      I didn't know Criticism was bad, not like it is an important factor in both democracy and science. If you want to have theories that are unsupported by proof and ratio, be my guest, but if you post them into the public domain, I will criticize them, because I personally believe you are wrong, and I hate mis-information.

      If you even read the thread you would realise that i asked what you think the meaning of life is, therefore you say what you think it is and so can other people if they so wish.[/b]
      lol. Is it the 3rd of 4th time you said this, while I already posted my views?
      “What a peculiar privilege has this little agitation of the brain which we call 'thought'” -Hume

    21. #21
      Toast
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Gender
      Location
      Undisclosed :O
      Posts
      1,083
      Likes
      4
      42


    22. #22
      Member Yarrickshad's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2007
      Location
      Drow-Zan (aka UK)
      Posts
      9
      Likes
      0
      "Nothing happens for no apparent reason", any proof of that?[/b]
      Science itself has proven that one, your arguement for that one would hold sway if we lived in the middle ages. You can look at any natural disaster or weather patterns and you will see a reason behind it.

      "Also, I think you are ignorant, for thinking you know the meaning of life"

      I think you are very ignorant for believing that quote. I have already said i don't know the meaning of life hence the quote..

      "I will now try to explain what i think life is all about."


      I think you have very little understanding of words. I think it is pretty sure that on a greater scale, on an universal scale, something way before and beyond humankind, human emotions have no value. Especially if you go into the M-theory/parallel universes, since it would imply infinite possibilities, choice doesn't chance existence of a possible reality.

      Subjectively, I care a lot about emotions. I am human after all. [/b]
      I have a great understanding of words, i can also tell you that English is not my first language. To say emotions have no value is wrong and nothing can be further from the truth, every creature has emotions which shapes their personalities and makes them what they are, without those emotions they cannot live. You obviously prefere a zombee like existance. But yes i agree on a larger scale they hold little value.

      Read a few posts back, I posted the definitions 'Nature' can have. Your 'fact' is proven wrong by the English language. Also, I knew 2 posts back that you mean laws of the universe are nature. You don't have to say that again.[/b]
      It says "nature and it's phenomena" that doesn't prove me wrong at all. I have also stated no facts at all just what i think.

      You are wrong again, I did know that already. I also know what cases that: the receptors in your eyes get used to that color, causing an opposite colored-lining around the object. [/b]
      That is not an aura, you obviously can't tell the difference between the two, an aura changes colour, especially around animals and is a lot brighter than what you have already discribed which is also true. But trust me they are different, again you have just thrown away something that is true just because it doesn't agree with what you believe.

      I know there are some medival pictures with God holding a sphere that looks like an earth, it doesn't take away the fact that people were burned for saying the sun didn't revolve around the earth. Also, people also hear allah, are THEY right? Not as right as you hearing your souls, are they now? Seriously, if anyone is ignorant it is you, to the mind's Incredible imaginative capabilities, dear sir.[/b]
      Once again you show your complete pig ignorance because you don't like what you are reading.

      1: It is Atlas, not god.

      2: People knew the earth revolved around the sun for thousands of years.

      "also people hearing allah, are they right?" can you prove them wrong?

      Dear sir, your problem is that you are unwilling to understand. Your problem is that you let science prove everything, if science can't prove it then it can't exist in your eyes, like the E=MC2 theory, that was blown wide open a few years back when they found something in space that didn't correspond to that theory. I know i'm right about auras and souls and you can live and die in ignorance like most people do.

      Because it is so easy? I find your theory pretty weak, yet you show a horrific sense of having the feeling you are right. Also, you take criticism worse then religious people, what also makes it funny. If your theory is so true, you should be able to make me understand, yet you fail drastically. [/b]
      You don't have the mental compasity, it is not weak you just too stupid to understand. I didn't say i was right at all, this is what i think. You have got it into your head that i'm some how right when i have clearly stated the opposite. To be honest you haven't criticised me at all, you are just arguing for the sake of it.

      I also posted what I believed was the 'meaning of life', a few posts back. You ignored that part of my post, along with a few others.[/b]
      I did not ignore it, it was just so pathetically stupid and worthless theory that i could not be bothered to argue with you about it.

      Basically, you are a Deist. Also, a Deist with views I find somewhat resemblant to the Nazi's, who also only wanted the best to survive.[/b]
      Thats because thats the way it is meant to be, if you are born with a crippling illness, you die. That is how nature intended it to be. The Nazi's believed in a master race and superior to everyone else, it isn't quite the same, is it?

      What however is even more interesting, is your COMPLETE and UTTER lack of any proof for your theory.[/b]
      theories are nether right or wrong, you don't always need proof for a theory, just like E=MC2 or your m-theory or countless other theories through history, if you open your eyes you will see what i mean.

      Like I said, see theory a few posts back. I can sum it up: Life has no objective goal, just a subjective, human, goal of living life as good as one can. Death is the end, supernatural things are extremely unlikely, a possible explanation of things before the big-bang is the M-theory. That is about what I believe.[/b]
      I disagree with that. Supernatural are likely, can you prove otherwise?
      Yes a possible explanation of things before the big bang but it might not be true, can anyone prove that? You now see what i mean.

      I didn't know Criticism was bad, not like it is an important factor in both democracy and science. If you want to have theories that are unsupported by proof and ratio, be my guest, but if you post them into the public domain, I will criticize them, because I personally believe you are wrong, and I hate mis-information.[/b]
      I don't mind criticism if it is structured, attacking me out right which is what i don't like . So if your theory above was proven wrong (which it could be) i could maul you for mis-infomation, a Theory is mis-infomation to a degree because it is not proven to a acceptable level, my point is that the proof is all around you if you look, not much but it is there.

      I'm gonna end this debate now because we are going round in circles , We can agree to dis agree if you will . See you around.
      Love and hate are two powerful and terrible emotions, both of which Man is willing to kill and die for...

      Drow Tyriel Reia Eltano Yarrickshad Bielann

    23. #23
      - Neruo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Gender
      Location
      The Netherlands
      Posts
      4,438
      Likes
      5
      Quote Originally Posted by Yarrickshad View Post
      Science itself has proven that one, your arguement for that one would hold sway if we lived in the middle ages. You can look at any natural disaster or weather patterns and you will see a reason behind it.[/b]
      Ah. The 'reason' you mean I would rather describe as 'explanation'. Things like storm are just a cascade of events that lead to it. However it doesn't have any 'higher' reason behind it.

      "Also, I think you are ignorant, for thinking you know the meaning of life"

      I think you are very ignorant for believing that quote. I have already said i don't know the meaning of life hence the quote..

      "I will now try to explain what i think life is all about."[/b]
      If your theory isn't 'true' in the sense that it can be proven, why put so much effort in 'defending' it? There is nothing to defend, I am just kicking against a hologram, an Idea. An idea that contributes nothing by the way, or at least as much as my theory on flying midgets that control our minds.

      I have a great understanding of words, i can also tell you that English is not my first language. To say emotions have no value is wrong and nothing can be further from the truth, every creature has emotions which shapes their personalities and makes them what they are, without those emotions they cannot live. [/b]
      A). You are extremely arrogant, to say you have great understanding of words. It also makes you a liar in this context.
      B) Do bacteria have emotions? Or plankton (animals)? I guess they don't live.
      C) You can't even think outside your human-box. If you take the viewpoint of an entity that is outside of life and time, and look at the universe, you see the emotions we all find so beautiful are just results of evolution. Your 'oh my god you are so wrong, emotions are great' is an extremely lame argument, and doesn't even have to do with anything. You think you are incredibly smart, but you can't even understand what I mean. It shouldn't matter whether I am right or wrong.

      You obviously prefere a zombee like existance. But yes i agree on a larger scale they hold little value.[/b]
      See. See? This is how full of shit you are. You can't even keep 'objective' and 'subjective' apart, even when I tell you I personally am subjective. You fail to think rationally and scientifically. I even SAID I personally like emotions, I just think that if look at from outside the human reference they hold no value. To make accusations that can't even spell 'zombie' correctly is just sad, and proves you are extremely hateful for someone that believes in aura. I though you people were supposed to be peaceful, and not ignorant asshats?

      That is not an aura, you obviously can't tell the difference between the two, an aura changes colour, especially around animals and is a lot brighter than what you have already discribed which is also true. But trust me they are different, again you have just thrown away something that is true just because it doesn't agree with what you believe.[/b]
      Of course that is different. Of course science just ignores the truths about aura. Of course it isn't weird that only a handful of people believe in the mighty truth of auras, while in some parts of the world no-one would be high enough to even make up such nonsense. You, sir, pose less logic then a religious man.


      Once again you show your complete pig ignorance because you don't like what you are reading.

      1: It is Atlas, not god.[/b]
      I was more talking about the Christians in the middle ages, there are quite some pictures found that picture god holding the round earth in his hand. Yes atlas is a fine example too. I don't see how I am ignorant by posting a different example then one that was in your simple mind, but hey, the things you come up with.

      2: People knew the earth revolved around the sun for thousands of years.[/b]
      That is why Copernicus got raped by the Church so hard. There also is this dude that isn't as fameous, maybe because the Church burned him alive for saying the earth isn't the center of the world. You mistake 'people' for 'a few wise people/ancient civilizations'. People in the middle ages were pretty much stupid and stubborn... they remind me of someone

      "also people hearing allah, are they right?" can you prove them wrong?

      Dear sir, your problem is that you are unwilling to understand. Your problem is that you let science prove everything, if science can't prove it then it can't exist in your eyes, like the E=MC2 theory, that was blown wide open a few years back when they found something in space that didn't correspond to that theory. I know i'm right about auras and souls and you can live and die in ignorance like most people do.[/b]
      lol. "I know I am right". You didn't even answer my question, what proves how weak you are. I also never said I don't believe anything if science proves it. Hell, did science prove that god didn't exist, or that democracy is the best way to govern a country? I beleive those things because they seem most likely. Auras really aren't likely unless you are high, what sometimes can't be fun, but you need to cut down on the green so it seems to me.

      Try to actually answer why people that know telepathy or Allah is true FOR SURE. Ha, hilariously, I have to ask you questions I normally ask bigot, stubborn, blind, indoctrinated Christians.

      You don't have the mental compasity, it is not weak you just too stupid to understand. I didn't say i was right at all, this is what i think. You have got it into your head that i'm some how right when i have clearly stated the opposite. To be honest you haven't criticised me at all, you are just arguing for the sake of it.
      I did not ignore it, it was just so pathetically stupid and worthless theory that i could not be bothered to argue with you about it.
      Thats because thats the way it is meant to be, if you are born with a crippling illness, you die. That is how nature intended it to be. The Nazi's believed in a master race and superior to everyone else, it isn't quite the same, is it?
      theories are nether right or wrong, you don't always need proof for a theory, just like E=MC2 or your m-theory or countless other theories through history, if you open your eyes you will see what i mean.
      I disagree with that. Supernatural are likely, can you prove otherwise?
      Yes a possible explanation of things before the big bang but it might not be true, can anyone prove that? You now see what i mean.


      I don't mind criticism if it is structured, attacking me out right which is what i don't like . So if your theory above was proven wrong (which it could be) i could maul you for mis-infomation, a Theory is mis-infomation to a degree because it is not proven to a acceptable level, my point is that the proof is all around you if you look, not much but it is there.

      I'm gonna end this debate now because we are going round in circles , We can agree to dis agree if you will . See you around.
      [/b]
      Didn't the same people that told you about auras tell you to be a peaceful little boy? I find it funny that you get so hateful about this. I guess no-one can understand your great mind, and everyone that criticizes you is ignorant and stupid. Do some self-reflection, and actually think a bit more rational, it is healthy.

      -

      To somethings: I know the big bang isn't a fact, it has just a lot of clues pointing in it's direction. The fact that you think you were telling me something new really doesn't make me think highly of your mental capabilities.

      How old are you?
      “What a peculiar privilege has this little agitation of the brain which we call 'thought'” -Hume

    24. #24
      Member Yarrickshad's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2007
      Location
      Drow-Zan (aka UK)
      Posts
      9
      Likes
      0
      I'm older than you for a start.

      All you are doing now is personally attacking me for something you don't believe in, it just shows how low you are, i have already ended this once and you just start it up again... It is quite childish.

      A). You are extremely arrogant, to say you have great understanding of words. It also makes you a liar in this context.
      B) Do bacteria have emotions? Or plankton (animals)? I guess they don't live.
      C) You can't even think outside your human-box. If you take the viewpoint of an entity that is outside of life and time, and look at the universe, you see the emotions we all find so beautiful are just results of evolution. Your 'oh my god you are so wrong, emotions are great' is an extremely lame argument, and doesn't even have to do with anything. You think you are incredibly smart, but you can't even understand what I mean. It shouldn't matter whether I am right or wrong. [/b]
      That is very rich for someone who attacks a person for their beliefs, to me that makes you extremely arrogant.

      I believe that all animals have emotions, are you also saying that Cats, dogs etc don't have emotions? I can assure you they have.

      No but it matters to you whether i'm right or wrong, you have obviously taken it to heart.

      See. See? This is how full of shit you are. You can't even keep 'objective' and 'subjective' apart, even when I tell you I personally am subjective. You fail to think rationally and scientifically. I even SAID I personally like emotions, I just think that if look at from outside the human reference they hold no value. To make accusations that can't even spell 'zombie' correctly is just sad, and proves you are extremely hateful for someone that believes in aura. I though you people were supposed to be peaceful, and not ignorant asshats?[/b]
      No you ASSUMED that i can't keep up, i know what you mean. I agreed with you thhat in the bigger picture they hold little value, did you miss that part or is your ego making you only read what you want to read? Now you have resorted to childish "knit picking" of my words, a sure sign that you are losing, i have seen countless mistakes in your posts but i wont stoop that low. You class me in with a group of people? You know nothing about me to do so.

      Of course that is different. Of course science just ignores the truths about aura. Of course it isn't weird that only a handful of people believe in the mighty truth of auras, while in some parts of the world no-one would be high enough to even make up such nonsense. You, sir, pose less logic then a religious man.[/b]
      And you do, child? It's funny because that is exactly the same i think about you. I am high and because of that i see the world differently to other people, but you are set dead on proving me wrong and you are failing badly, thats because you can't prove me wrong but you can disagree.

      That is why Copernicus got raped by the Church so hard. There also is this dude that isn't as fameous, maybe because the Church burned him alive for saying the earth isn't the center of the world. You mistake 'people' for 'a few wise people/ancient civilizations'. People in the middle ages were pretty much stupid and stubborn... they remind me of someone.[/b]
      LOL, Come on please just grow up.

      lol. "I know I am right". You didn't even answer my question, what proves how weak you are. I also never said I don't believe anything if science proves it. Hell, did science prove that god didn't exist, or that democracy is the best way to govern a country? I beleive those things because they seem most likely. Auras really aren't likely unless you are high, what sometimes can't be fun, but you need to cut down on the green so it seems to me.

      Try to actually answer why people that know telepathy or Allah is true FOR SURE. Ha, hilariously, I have to ask you questions I normally ask bigot, stubborn, blind, indoctrinated Christians.[/b]
      No you don't know your right your only proving your arrogance and it proves how weak minded you are by believing you know, it is one of the things that cannot be answered, all you have done was turn it on yourself. I did answer it, did you miss it?

      Didn't the same people that told you about auras tell you to be a peaceful little boy? I find it funny that you get so hateful about this. I guess no-one can understand your great mind, and everyone that criticizes you is ignorant and stupid. Do some self-reflection, and actually think a bit more rational, it is healthy.

      -

      To somethings: I know the big bang isn't a fact, it has just a lot of clues pointing in it's direction. The fact that you think you were telling me something new really doesn't make me think highly of your mental capabilities.

      How old are you?[/b]
      Derogatory comments only prove how childish you are being. I'm not being hateful at all, it just shows me that you are a hypocrite. People can understand it and there is only one stupid, ignorant person criticising me out of all of them and that is you.

      I have been told i'm not saying anything new, you just took it that little bit further, my friend, that is why i don't think much of your mental capabilities, you are just dead set on arguing for the sake of it and you try to prove me wrong... It not going to happen.

      I have ended this debate already, why do you bring it up? If you want to argue for the sake of arguing PM me and not spew it all over the thread.
      Love and hate are two powerful and terrible emotions, both of which Man is willing to kill and die for...

      Drow Tyriel Reia Eltano Yarrickshad Bielann

    25. #25
      Member 13redfan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2006
      LD Count
      2
      Gender
      Location
      Cape Town
      Posts
      387
      Likes
      1
      Life has no meaning. It's like saying, what is the meaning of wood? You're born, you do a whole lot of things (maybe raise your consciousness, learn some cool tricks) then you die. After you die, who knows. There is no meaning. You don't have to do anything, you don't have to be anyone.

      You may have a purpose, but you don't necessarily have to complete that purpose. Like, when I play soccer, my purpose is to control the midfield, stop balls getting through, make plays and score goals. I don't always score goals. And come to think of it, there really is no meaning to soccer either, except for maybe having fun. And I guess that can be applied to life to.
      Read my writing at: [link to merchandise removed],[link to merchandise removed]

      When once you have tasted flight,
      You will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,
      For there you have been,
      And there you will always long to return


    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •