• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 315
    1. #1
      Banned
      Join Date
      May 2008
      Gender
      Posts
      1,005
      Likes
      1

      Minervas philosophy

      There can be no first cause of reality. If there was a first cause. It could only be every cause existing in an infinite chain of causes and effects. The effect would have to be the cause. And all those causes and effects would not be able to differ from the original cause. That is because nothing could be taken away or added to the original cause as it would be the only thing that could possibly exist. This means that you cannot define or conclude a cause or effect for anything as it will continually elude your intelligence.
      Last edited by Minervas Phoenix; 05-29-2008 at 09:36 PM.

    2. #2
      Beyond the Poles Cyclic13's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Gender
      Location
      Everywhere and Nowhere at once
      Posts
      1,908
      Likes
      39
      Every source has a branch, and every branch is it's source.

      So, the source and branch are just interdependent concepts of one another.

      Never separate, only seemingly so in one's mind.

      In other words, I agree...


      The Art of War
      <---> Videos
      Remember: be open to anything, but question everything
      "These paradoxical perceptions of our holonic higher mind are but finite fleeting constructs of the infinite ties that bind." -ME

    3. #3
      Member ChaybaChayba's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Skypedia
      Posts
      1,903
      Likes
      70
      Sounds interesting, but I don't fully understand =D

      For cause and effect to exist, you need time. But.. there is no time, time is an illusion. There is no future, there is no past. There is only now. If you try to measure now you will end up with an infinite small amount of time... in which it is impossible to determine what is the cause and what is the effect. Is that what you are talking about?

    4. #4
      Banned
      Join Date
      May 2008
      Gender
      Posts
      1,005
      Likes
      1
      ChaybaChayba you add insight. But your question, that is your mistake. Your question leads to an all and nothing answer. I no doubt have more insight for you should you choose to seek it.

      When you're outside time and cause and effect. You can make awfully interesting connections impossible to others. Such as the recent movie coming out, and the name of your avatar, The cause and effect of this conversation is the result of that movie and your avatar together with this conversation.

      Sometimes the truth is horrifying.




      You can only choose your destiny by understanding Minerva's philosophy.

    5. #5
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by Minervas Phoenix View Post
      There can be no first cause of reality. If there was a first cause. It could only be every cause existing in an infinite chain of causes and effects. The effect would have to be the cause. And all those causes and effects would not be able to differ from the original cause. That is because nothing could be taken away or added to the original cause as it would be the only thing that could possibly exist. This means that you cannot define or conclude a cause or effect for anything as it will continually elude your intelligence.
      So a house is a giraffe?
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    6. #6
      Member ChaybaChayba's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Skypedia
      Posts
      1,903
      Likes
      70
      Quote Originally Posted by Minervas Phoenix View Post




      You can only choose your destiny by understanding Minerva's philosophy.
      Lol. Wanna go watch that movie together?

      Sounds like what Solsky was talking about, synchronisticsm? Synchronicity? No idea how to write it.

      How will this help me choose my destiny?

    7. #7
      Banned
      Join Date
      May 2008
      Gender
      Posts
      1,005
      Likes
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by Universal Mind
      So a house is a giraffe?

    8. #8
      Banned
      Join Date
      May 2007
      LD Count
      Loads
      Gender
      Location
      Digital Forest.
      Posts
      6,864
      Likes
      385
      You're all wrong.

    9. #9
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by Minervas Phoenix View Post
      That is a moon jump toy.



      Not a giraffe.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    10. #10
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031


      Not a house.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    11. #11
      Banned
      Join Date
      May 2008
      Gender
      Posts
      1,005
      Likes
      1
      If you lived in it. It would be a house Einstein. Imagination is more important than knowledge. I can make the impossible possible. But you are stuck.
      Last edited by Minervas Phoenix; 05-29-2008 at 10:11 PM.

    12. #12
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by Minervas Phoenix View Post
      If you lived in it. It would be a house Einstein. Imagination is more important than knowledge.
      Somebody has lived in it?

      So, Einstein, is the giraffe in that picture a house too? Is the house in the other picture a giraffe? Is the house in the picture I posted the same object as the giraffe in the picture I posted?
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    13. #13
      Banned
      Join Date
      May 2008
      Gender
      Posts
      1,005
      Likes
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by Universal Mind View Post

      So, Einstein, is the giraffe in that picture a house too? Is the house in the other picture a giraffe? Is the house in the picture I posted the same object as the giraffe in the picture I posted?
      No. Keep trying.

      Last edited by Minervas Phoenix; 05-29-2008 at 10:28 PM.

    14. #14
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by Minervas Phoenix View Post
      No.
      Then the original cause is not the same as all of its effects. Not everything is the same thing.

      Quote Originally Posted by Minervas Phoenix View Post
      And all those causes and effects would not be able to differ from the original cause.
      Your point has been proven incorrect.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    15. #15
      Banned
      Join Date
      May 2008
      Gender
      Posts
      1,005
      Likes
      1
      Just because everything is not the same thing. Doesn't mean the original cause is not the same thing. It just means the orignial cause can be different things.


    16. #16
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by Minervas Phoenix View Post
      Just because everything is not the same thing. Doesn't mean the original cause is not the same thing. It just means the orignial cause can be different things.

      That picture shows that different things are part of the same thing, not that they are the same thing. A tongue is not a tooth.

      If the cause and all of its effects are the same, then all of the effects are the same.

      If A = B and B = C, then A = C (transitive property of equality)

      If A = B and A = C, then B = C (substitution property of equality)
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    17. #17
      Banned
      Join Date
      May 2008
      Gender
      Posts
      1,005
      Likes
      1
      A face is all of it's parts Einstein. And this one is laughing at you.

    18. #18
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by Minervas Phoenix View Post
      A face is all of it's parts Einstein.
      A face is all of its parts simultaneously. That does not mean a face is a lip. Is a tire a car? You did not start off saying that the cause is a whole and its effects are its parts. Do you want to suddenly claim now that that was your point? How is a part of something its effect any way?

      You need to cool it with the cocky language and talk about "nightmare" until you can prove your point.

      http://youtube.com/watch?v=nfv-Qn1M58I&feature=related
      Last edited by Universal Mind; 05-29-2008 at 10:45 PM.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    19. #19
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by Minervas Phoenix View Post
      Is rubber a wheel? You can go on forever. It only proves my point even further by demonstrating the unity of all things.
      The answer to my question and yours is, "No."
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    20. #20
      Banned
      Join Date
      May 2008
      Gender
      Posts
      1,005
      Likes
      1
      You can't get to the No part. As soon as you think that rubber is not a wheel. It must be something else. But then you have to ask if it isn't that. It must be something else. You are going around in a infinite circle telling me about the original cause.

      Ever herd of the divine proportion?

      Last edited by Minervas Phoenix; 05-29-2008 at 10:54 PM.

    21. #21
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by Minervas Phoenix View Post
      You can't get to the No part.
      What?

      Then what is your answer to my question? Is a tire a car?

      Also, how is an effect part of its cause?
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    22. #22
      Banned
      Join Date
      May 2008
      Gender
      Posts
      1,005
      Likes
      1
      the answer to the question is a tire a car, is this. Is rubber a wheel.....that is an answer.....why do you think another question comes up. The question is the cause and then the question is the effect. A question is the cause and the effect. And that is also the answer.

    23. #23
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by Minervas Phoenix View Post
      the answer to the question is a tire a car, is this. Is rubber a wheel.....that is an answer.....why do you think another question comes up. The question is the cause and then the question is the effect. A question is the cause and the effect. And that is also the answer.
      That is not an answer. All you did was ask another question. You are playing dodgeball. Is a tire a car?

      How is a question its own cause and effect?
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    24. #24
      Banned
      Join Date
      May 2008
      Gender
      Posts
      1,005
      Likes
      1
      Have you ever herd of a question answering a question?....What did I just do?
      You are playing dodgeball. because you will not accept the answer. You just repeated the question without understanding my answer. When you repeat the question. It means I have won and you don't understand the answer.
      Last edited by Minervas Phoenix; 05-29-2008 at 11:06 PM.

    25. #25
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by Minervas Phoenix View Post
      Have you ever herd of a question answering a question?....What did I just do?
      Who is playing dodgeball?
      An answer is a question when the question asks for a question, such as when the question is, "What did you ask Robert yestersay?" My question is, "Is a tire a car?" That calls for yes, no, or duh. Which is it?

      A. A tire is a car.

      B. A tire is not a car.

      C. (I don't know.)

      If you refuse to answer again, you have tapped out, turned over your king, said, "Uncle," quit.

      Quote Originally Posted by Minervas Phoenix View Post
      We asked the same question to each other. And it was the same cause and effect.
      That makes no sense at all.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •