• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 102
    1. #1
      Xei
      UnitedKingdom Xei is offline
      Banned
      Join Date
      Aug 2005
      Posts
      9,984
      Likes
      3082
      What the fuck guys.


    2. #2
      Member ChaybaChayba's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Skypedia
      Posts
      1,903
      Likes
      70

      This world is perfect.

      This world is perfect. How the world is now is the only way it could have been.

      So the only thing that needs to change is yourself? Discuss..
      "Reject common sense to make the impossible possible." -Kamina

    3. #3
      Antagonist Invader's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2004
      Location
      Discordia
      Posts
      3,239
      Likes
      533
      Why would anything need to change if the world was perfect?

    4. #4
      Member ChaybaChayba's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Skypedia
      Posts
      1,903
      Likes
      70
      Because it isn't perfect in your point of view, or you would be in heaven all the time.. do you feel perfectly happy alll the time?

      If this world is perfect, and I don't feel happy all the time, it means theres something wrong with my view on this world, so that needs to change..
      "Reject common sense to make the impossible possible." -Kamina

    5. #5
      Banned
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Ontario
      Posts
      2,119
      Likes
      3
      How very Orwellian...

    6. #6
      Cosmic Citizen ExoByte's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      LD Count
      ~A Dozen
      Gender
      Location
      Ontario
      Posts
      4,394
      Likes
      116
      Quote Originally Posted by ChaybaChayba View Post
      Because it isn't perfect in your point of view, or you would be in heaven all the time.. do you feel perfectly happy alll the time?

      If this world is perfect, and I don't feel happy all the time, it means theres something wrong with my view on this world, so that needs to change..
      So you're saying the world is perfect, and I only see it as not perfect because of my views on whats wrong with it?

      So, in order for me to see this world as perfect, I need to be happy with humans murdering each other, cheerful about rape, welcome political deception, encourage selfishness and greed and promote stupidity and idiocy from my fellow man?

      I'll get right on that.
      This space is reserved for signature text. A signature goes here. A signature is static combination of words at the end of a post. This is not a signature. Its a signature placeholder. One day my signature will go here.

      Signed,
      Me

    7. #7
      DEATH TO FANATICS! StonedApe's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Gender
      Location
      toledo,OH
      Posts
      2,269
      Likes
      415
      DJ Entries
      61
      You misunderstand what perfection is. Perfection is completeness. It is not good nor bad. It just is. I think.
      157 is a prime number. The next prime is 163 and the previous prime is 151, which with 157 form a sexy prime triplet. Taking the arithmetic mean of those primes yields 157, thus it is a balanced prime.

      Women and rhythm section first - Jaco Pastorious

    8. #8
      FreeSpirit RooJ's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Gender
      Posts
      680
      Likes
      49
      Perfection is a man made concept, it's subjective and doesn't exist outside of the mind. There's no such thing as universal perfection, only our individual, and very likely differing, opinions on it. Therefore you can't claim the universe is perfect for everyone, only for yourself. Aswell as that perfection usually means perfect for the individual, if its not perfect for the individual, and the person has to change.... then it doesn't qualify as perfection.
      Last edited by RooJ; 08-19-2008 at 01:31 AM.

    9. #9
      I am become fish pear Abra's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2007
      Location
      Doncha Know, Murka
      Posts
      3,816
      Likes
      540
      DJ Entries
      17
      Quote Originally Posted by drewmandan View Post
      How very Orwellian...
      Nonsense! This thread is ready to be Voltaire-ized!
      Abraxas

      Quote Originally Posted by OldSparta
      I murdered someone, there was bloody everywhere. On the walls, on my hands. The air smelled metallic, like iron. My mouth... tasted metallic, like iron. The floor was metallic, probably iron

    10. #10
      When the ink runs out... Kushna Mufeed's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2007
      Gender
      Posts
      1,548
      Likes
      3
      By assuming the Universe is or isn't perfect, aren't you assuming it has a purpose to be perfect or imperfect for in the first place?

      And by deciding whether or not the Universe is perfect, you have already assumed you know what this purpose is, no?

      Quote Originally Posted by Jeff777 View Post
      I am not sorry or empathetic whatsoever for saying that I believe the world would be much better off without people like you in it. Have a great fucking day.
      [broken link removed]The Dynamics of Segrival[/URL]
      Discuss Segrival here
      See my other [broken link removed]

    11. #11
      Drivel's Advocate Xaqaria's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2007
      LD Count
      WhoIsJohnGalt?
      Gender
      Location
      Denver, CO Catchphrase: BullCockie!
      Posts
      5,589
      Likes
      929
      DJ Entries
      9
      If the world is perfect, then some people are perfect in their unhappiness.

      The ability to happily respond to any adversity is the divine.
      Art
      Dream Journal Shaman Apprentice Chronicles

    12. #12
      ex-redhat ClouD's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Posts
      4,760
      Likes
      129
      DJ Entries
      1
      You need not change.

      Everything is perfect.

      Spoiler for Osho:
      Last edited by ClouD; 08-19-2008 at 11:04 AM.
      You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light.

    13. #13
      Member ChaybaChayba's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Skypedia
      Posts
      1,903
      Likes
      70
      Quote Originally Posted by Kushna Mufeed View Post
      By assuming the Universe is or isn't perfect, aren't you assuming it has a purpose to be perfect or imperfect for in the first place?

      And by deciding whether or not the Universe is perfect, you have already assumed you know what this purpose is, no?
      Yes indeed, inside our minds, we want the universe to be perfect in order to be happy, whatever your concept of perfect may mean. Perfection is indeed a human concept, and the desire for perfection and heaven is a trait of the human mind. But if this world is already perfect, than in order to be happy, we don't have to change the world, but change ourselves. There's nothing wrong with the world, theres only something wrong with ourselves. The cause of not being happy is not the world, but your own mind that needs changing.

      I believe it's possible to be high on life 24/7, to feel like you're on XTC non-stop. Why settle for feeling depressed all the time and living in hell, if you could as well be excited all the time and living in heaven... Happy people are way more productive and fun to hang out with than depressed people. Also, I believe this feeling of happiness has infinite potential, you can feel more happy each day, without any limits to the amount of happiness you feel. Why not try to get as much fun out of life as possible?

      Quote Originally Posted by ClouD View Post
      You need not change.

      Everything is perfect.

      Spoiler for Osho:
      Very interesting quote, I think along the same lines... this quote is better worded tho. But isn't the realization of yourself not needing any change already a change? And if Tantra claims you need to realize this in order to be happy, then you do need to change... this doesn't come automaticly.
      "Reject common sense to make the impossible possible." -Kamina

    14. #14
      ex-redhat ClouD's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Posts
      4,760
      Likes
      129
      DJ Entries
      1
      If I am happy, I am happy.

      If I am sad, I am sad.

      Whatsoever I am, I am.

      I say drop tantra. I say be, or not be. Just.
      You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light.

    15. #15
      Member really's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Gender
      Posts
      2,676
      Likes
      54
      Of course the World is Perfect! And you all are part of the world!

      Quote Originally Posted by Xaqaria View Post
      If the world is perfect, then some people are perfect in their unhappiness.
      Yes, but they are asleep! They are not awake!

      You're all Divine, deep within You Know this!

      Quote Originally Posted by RooJ View Post
      Perfection is a man made concept, it's subjective and doesn't exist outside of the mind. There's no such thing as universal perfection, only our individual, and very likely differing, opinions on it. Therefore you can't claim the universe is perfect for everyone, only for yourself.
      All concepts are man made. Truth, Divine Perfection is beyond conceptualization, it can never be guessed; it is no opinion, and therefore depends on neither the opinions nor the guessing.
      Last edited by really; 08-19-2008 at 01:59 PM.

    16. #16
      Climbing giants Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      TimB's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Gender
      Posts
      1,286
      Likes
      27
      Quote Originally Posted by stonedape View Post
      You misunderstand what perfection is. Perfection is completeness. It is not good nor bad. It just is. I think.
      Oooh... The naturalistic fallacy. Very nice! I agree.

    17. #17
      Member really's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Gender
      Posts
      2,676
      Likes
      54
      Not only the world that is Perfect, but All that Is!

      All!

      And Beyond!

    18. #18
      DEATH TO FANATICS! StonedApe's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Gender
      Location
      toledo,OH
      Posts
      2,269
      Likes
      415
      DJ Entries
      61
      But what about beyond that?

      Is anything not perfect?

      I'd have to say no, but this shit gets confusing.
      157 is a prime number. The next prime is 163 and the previous prime is 151, which with 157 form a sexy prime triplet. Taking the arithmetic mean of those primes yields 157, thus it is a balanced prime.

      Women and rhythm section first - Jaco Pastorious

    19. #19
      ex-redhat ClouD's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Posts
      4,760
      Likes
      129
      DJ Entries
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by stonedape View Post
      But what about beyond that?

      Is anything not perfect?

      I'd have to say no, but this shit gets confusing.
      Concepts, words.

      Existence, non-existence.

      Elaboration on pure mystery.

      Just be, just.
      You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light.

    20. #20
      Raz
      Raz is offline
      Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      Raz's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2005
      Posts
      219
      Likes
      3
      P e r f e c t
      per fect
      perfect
      It has a nice ring to it... I sure do like perfect... I love being perfect.... I love observing perfect... I love experiancing perfect in all of it´s pin point infinet spectrum of all that is perfect...

      reality is a perfect mystery

      as I walk with a atitude of perfect gratitude

      Sometimes sleeping, sometimes awake, in individual or shared, dream.

      Sometimes forgeting, sometimes remembering, as I twist and turn, fundamental learn, how to be, truly awake and free.

    21. #21
      FreeSpirit RooJ's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Gender
      Posts
      680
      Likes
      49
      what is divine perfection and how would it differ from my own views on perfection?

      I see no reason or way that a universal perfection can exist. Perfection is completely personal... Like who you fall in love with. Ohh and on that note:

      I'm universally the 'perfect' person for all women to fall in love with, if any woman disagree's they need to change themselves... How dare they have differing or personal opinions on the subject

      Obviously replace the above example with one that isn't true for greater effect.

    22. #22
      Member really's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Gender
      Posts
      2,676
      Likes
      54
      Quote Originally Posted by stonedape View Post
      But what about beyond that?

      Is anything not perfect?

      I'd have to say no, but this shit gets confusing.
      Words fall short, now. We are not speaking about trivial matters, or worldly matters of any sort.

      If All Is Perfect, why ask the question of imperfection?

      Quote Originally Posted by RooJ View Post
      what is divine perfection and how would it differ from my own views on perfection?
      Your "perfect" views are not True, they are transitory; they are relative. Divine Perfection, the only Real Perfection, Is beyond your mind; beyond all worlds and universes. This infinite Perfection reveals that it is nothing but that. You whole life before this was but a dream.

    23. #23
      DEATH TO FANATICS! StonedApe's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Gender
      Location
      toledo,OH
      Posts
      2,269
      Likes
      415
      DJ Entries
      61
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      If All Is Perfect, why ask the question of imperfection?
      How can one know that all is perfect until one has asked this question?

      Well personally, I question everything. Because if I don't do this I make the assumption that I know things that I do not know. I ask this question because I do not have focus and forget this very easily. But maybe I should stick with a more positive question, like is everything perfect?
      157 is a prime number. The next prime is 163 and the previous prime is 151, which with 157 form a sexy prime triplet. Taking the arithmetic mean of those primes yields 157, thus it is a balanced prime.

      Women and rhythm section first - Jaco Pastorious

    24. #24
      Member really's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Gender
      Posts
      2,676
      Likes
      54
      Quote Originally Posted by stonedape View Post
      How can one know that all is perfect until one has asked this question?
      If All Is Known to Be Perfect, none is known to be imperfect.

      Quote Originally Posted by stonedape View Post
      Well personally, I question everything. Because if I don't do this I make the assumption that I know things that I do not know. I ask this question because I do not have focus and forget this very easily.
      Question the questioner, perhaps he can be silenced.

      Quote Originally Posted by stonedape View Post
      But maybe I should stick with a more positive question, like is everything perfect?
      Yes. An imperfection is an illusion, a perfect illusion.

    25. #25
      FreeSpirit RooJ's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Gender
      Posts
      680
      Likes
      49
      Ah, well I see little to support the assumption that such a perfection, somehow surviving independent of consciousness, and conveniently unguessable and beyond conceptualization, exists.

      I wonder what convinces you such a divine perfection exists? Bearing in mind I speak English and not riddle or poem like some on here

    Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •