• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 172
    Like Tree1Likes

    Thread: if you could get away with anything

    1. #1
      Ex Tech Admin Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Populated Wall Referrer Gold Made lots of Friends on DV
      slash112's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Sunny Scotland
      Posts
      5,113
      Likes
      1531
      DJ Entries
      29

      if you could get away with anything

      this is a little question that came up in my religious/moral/philisophical studies class.
      "if you had a ring you could wear that would make you invisible, what would you do, and what would you not do? in other words, would you still have morals if you could get away with anything?"

      think about that and post answers.

    2. #2
      Banned
      Join Date
      Feb 2009
      Gender
      Posts
      101
      Likes
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by slash112 View Post
      this is a little question that came up in my religious/moral/philisophical studies class.
      "if you had a ring you could wear that would make you invisible, what would you do, and what would you not do? in other words, would you still have morals if you could get away with anything?"
      .
      No i wouldn't. This is like the "What would you do if the world was ending tommorow" thread

      I would do whatever i had the impulse to do but dont do now because of consequences.

      No Consequences to my actions=Chaos

      One of the top ten things i would do is rob a bank.
      Last edited by Thief; 06-12-2009 at 03:24 AM.

    3. #3
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      I would put Thief in a headlock, and he would have no idea what the Hell is happening to him.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    4. #4
      ... Michael's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      LD Count
      Who counts?
      Gender
      Location
      Invisible Society
      Posts
      1,276
      Likes
      76
      Quote Originally Posted by slash112 View Post
      this is a little question that came up in my religious/moral/philisophical studies class.
      "if you had a ring you could wear that would make you invisible, what would you do, and what would you not do? in other words, would you still have morals if you could get away with anything?"

      think about that and post answers.
      being invisible is different than being able to get away with anything. being invisible would only eliminate witnesses.

      I would do all sorts of illegal stuff though... drugs/sex/violence runs through my veins.

      I would also still HAVE morals. I just wouldn't follow them. Just like now.

    5. #5
      Member Bonsay's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Gender
      Location
      In a pot.
      Posts
      2,706
      Likes
      60
      Steal from the rich and give to the poor.
      C:\Documents and Settings\Akul\My Documents\My Pictures\Sig.gif

    6. #6
      Antagonist Invader's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2004
      Location
      Discordia
      Posts
      3,239
      Likes
      533
      I would whisper into peoples' ears, and command that they be kind, else I burn them eternally in a pit of black fire.

    7. #7
      bleak... nerve's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2003
      LD Count
      a lot
      Gender
      Location
      inside you
      Posts
      5,229
      Likes
      100
      fuck that stupid ring, your title is misleading. if I could do fucking anything, if I was king of the world and no one could stop me, I would:

      1. outlaw heterosexual intercourse of any kind (for an unspecified amout of time) and issue the death penalty to anyone caught doing it, burned at the stake. so you can all see what it fucking feels like. :D

      2. shut down all fast food and chain restraunts and take all the money from the CEOs/anyone at the head of them and use the billions of dollars to feed the hungry.

      3. shut down hollywood and take all the money from all major celebrities and use it to feed the hungry/clothe the poor etc.

      4. same w everyone at the head of Big Pharma.

      5. make Thief my loveslave and never use any lube. :)


      Ignorant bliss is an oxymoron; but so is miserable truth.

    8. #8
      Member Keresztanya's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Gender
      Posts
      1,083
      Likes
      32
      Quote Originally Posted by rottingteeth View Post
      fuck that stupid ring, your title is misleading. if I could do fucking anything, if I was king of the world and no one could stop me, I would:

      1. outlaw heterosexual intercourse of any kind (for an unspecified amout of time) and issue the death penalty to anyone caught doing it, burned at the stake. so you can all see what it fucking feels like.

      2. shut down all fast food and chain restraunts and take all the money from the CEOs/anyone at the head of them and use the billions of dollars to feed the hungry.

      3. shut down hollywood and take all the money from all major celebrities and use it to feed the hungry/clothe the poor etc.
      Why would you go out of your way to punish straight people? I can understand that being gay and being discriminated against isn't good, but there's no need to try and make everyone who's not being gay a criminal. If you do that, you're not any better than them.

      And shutting down all restaraunts and fast food chains? Yeah, that wouldn't severly hurt the economy or anything. Same with shutting down Hollywood.

    9. #9
      Antagonist Invader's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2004
      Location
      Discordia
      Posts
      3,239
      Likes
      533
      Quote Originally Posted by Demon Parasite View Post
      Why would you go out of your way to punish straight people?
      Clearly there's still a great deal of hate in the world.
      People love their hate.

    10. #10
      Banned
      Join Date
      Feb 2009
      Gender
      Posts
      101
      Likes
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by Invader View Post
      People love their hate.
      Love the sweet mellow taste of anchovies not hate.

    11. #11
      Legend Jeff777's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      LD Count
      Over 9,000
      Gender
      Posts
      8,052
      Likes
      1511
      Anything?


      Having "relations" with some of my old teachers.
      Things are not as they seem

    12. #12
      ƃuıɯɐǝɹp noʎ ǝɹɐ Achievements:
      1 year registered 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Gender
      Location
      New Zealand
      Posts
      926
      Likes
      35
      Quote Originally Posted by rottingteeth View Post
      1. outlaw heterosexual intercourse of any kind (for an unspecified amout of time) and issue the death penalty to anyone caught doing it, burned at the stake. so you can all see what it fucking feels like.
      Why do want me to "see what it fucking feels like" when I have never had a problem with homosexuality and certainly have never been against it and in fact always actually wondered what the big deal is?

    13. #13
      Member
      Join Date
      May 2009
      Posts
      139
      Likes
      1
      Having a ring of invisibility,
      I would be become a stage illusionist, and makes lots of money by disappearing right before their very eyes.

      If I could make another nearby person turn invisible too, maybe by touching them, I would rent myself out to celebrities, with the service of being able to help them escape from papparizzi situations.

      I would use my money to escape from this no longer free country, and become an invisible wildlife photographer. I bet you can get great shots when the animals don't know you are there.

      And when I am old and grey, I'd find someone named "Frodo" to give it to Sorry I couldn't resist.

    14. #14
      Dreamah in ReHaB AirRick101's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2004
      Gender
      Location
      Los Altos, CA
      Posts
      1,622
      Likes
      22
      Quote Originally Posted by Invader View Post
      I would whisper into peoples' ears, and command that they be kind, else I burn them eternally in a pit of black fire.
      a little indirect blow towards Christianity, hmm??
      naturals are what we call people who did all the right things accidentally

    15. #15
      Ex Tech Admin Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Populated Wall Referrer Gold Made lots of Friends on DV
      slash112's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Sunny Scotland
      Posts
      5,113
      Likes
      1531
      DJ Entries
      29
      some good answers there.

      the reason i ask this is because when i thought about it, i immediately thought that i would still have my morals and stick to them. but when i thought about it for a bit longer i thought, wait a minute, maybe i would end up stealing stuff.

      so i guess i just wanted to see if everyone's morals are only based on the fact that they'll get caught if they go against their morals.

    16. #16
      Member
      Join Date
      May 2009
      Posts
      139
      Likes
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by slash112 View Post
      some good answers there.

      the reason i ask this is because when i thought about it, i immediately thought that i would still have my morals and stick to them. but when i thought about it for a bit longer i thought, wait a minute, maybe i would end up stealing stuff.

      so i guess i just wanted to see if everyone's morals are only based on the fact that they'll get caught if they go against their morals.
      I think a life of crime would be too hard to maintain, even with invisibility there would be too much chance of eventually being caught. So much easier to use the invisibility for legal purposes. All those super-villains in comic books, they usually have powers and inventions which could quite legally make them filthy rich and a lot better off than by committing super-crimes. So why in heck are they doing the super-villainy?

      But maybe I only think that because of my morals? Even if I knew for certain I'd never be caught, I still wouldn't victimize others just because I could, not as long as there were other alternatives. I'd know, and in the last analysis we have to face ourselves.

    17. #17
      Ex Tech Admin Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Populated Wall Referrer Gold Made lots of Friends on DV
      slash112's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Sunny Scotland
      Posts
      5,113
      Likes
      1531
      DJ Entries
      29
      Quote Originally Posted by starry eyes View Post
      I think a life of crime would be too hard to maintain, even with invisibility there would be too much chance of eventually being caught. So much easier to use the invisibility for legal purposes. All those super-villains in comic books, they usually have powers and inventions which could quite legally make them filthy rich and a lot better off than by committing super-crimes. So why in heck are they doing the super-villainy?

      But maybe I only think that because of my morals? Even if I knew for certain I'd never be caught, I still wouldn't victimize others just because I could, not as long as there were other alternatives. I'd know, and in the last analysis we have to face ourselves.
      to be honest i was only saying that to carry a point across, although i did have to think about it for a while. but i realised that i could have some fun legally. for example i could even stop people being mugged etc.

      you said it would be possible to legally make money, how exectly?

    18. #18
      Member
      Join Date
      May 2009
      Posts
      139
      Likes
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by slash112 View Post
      to be honest i was only saying that to carry a point across, although i did have to think about it for a while. but i realised that i could have some fun legally. for example i could even stop people being mugged etc.

      you said it would be possible to legally make money, how exectly?
      As I mentioned in one of the posts above-
      Stage magician (behold, the lady really does vanish ...) most magicians have to try pretty hard to make things disappear. With the power of invisibility, you could have the best act ever, that no one could figure out, and it would be a lot easier.

      Celebrity invisibility service. For those days when you *really* want to lose the press photographers.

      World's best nature photographer

      There are probably a lot more possibilities.

    19. #19
      Ex Tech Admin Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Populated Wall Referrer Gold Made lots of Friends on DV
      slash112's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Sunny Scotland
      Posts
      5,113
      Likes
      1531
      DJ Entries
      29
      Quote Originally Posted by starry eyes View Post
      As I mentioned in one of the posts above-
      Stage magician (behold, the lady really does vanish ...) most magicians have to try pretty hard to make things disappear. With the power of invisibility, you could have the best act ever, that no one could figure out, and it would be a lot easier.

      Celebrity invisibility service. For those days when you *really* want to lose the press photographers.

      World's best nature photographer

      There are probably a lot more possibilities.
      oh yea, very good point.

      or you could go the other way on it and go for the best ever celebrity paparazi. although i think my morals would tell me not to do that one

    20. #20
      Master of Logic Achievements:
      1 year registered 5000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      Kromoh's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Some rocky planet with water
      Posts
      3,993
      Likes
      86
      If you asked me that some time ago, I'd have used it to kill GW Bush. Now... I can't see that many uses to it.
      ~Kromoh

      Saying quantum physics explains cognitive processes is just like saying geology explains jurisprudence.

    21. #21
      Ex Tech Admin Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Populated Wall Referrer Gold Made lots of Friends on DV
      slash112's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Sunny Scotland
      Posts
      5,113
      Likes
      1531
      DJ Entries
      29
      Quote Originally Posted by Kromoh View Post
      If you asked me that some time ago, I'd have used it to kill GW Bush. Now... I can't see that many uses to it.
      lol

    22. #22
      bleak... nerve's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2003
      LD Count
      a lot
      Gender
      Location
      inside you
      Posts
      5,229
      Likes
      100
      Quote Originally Posted by DreamQueen View Post
      Why do want me to "see what it fucking feels like" when I have never had a problem with homosexuality and certainly have never been against it and in fact always actually wondered what the big deal is?
      I wasn't...serious...or at least I was really, really exaggerating .__.


      Ignorant bliss is an oxymoron; but so is miserable truth.

    23. #23
      Banned
      Join Date
      Oct 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Big Village, North America
      Posts
      1,953
      Likes
      85
      Quote Originally Posted by rottingteeth View Post
      fuck that stupid ring, your title is misleading. if I could do fucking anything, if I was king of the world and no one could stop me, I would:

      1. outlaw heterosexual intercourse of any kind (for an unspecified amout of time) and issue the death penalty to anyone caught doing it, burned at the stake. so you can all see what it fucking feels like.

      2. shut down all fast food and chain restraunts and take all the money from the CEOs/anyone at the head of them and use the billions of dollars to feed the hungry.

      3. shut down hollywood and take all the money from all major celebrities and use it to feed the hungry/clothe the poor etc.

      4. same w everyone at the head of Big Pharma.

      5. make Thief my loveslave and never use any lube.
      You're evil.

    24. #24
      Looking for you Arutad's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Gender
      Posts
      775
      Likes
      6
      Once I asked my friend if she'd steal if she could become invisible, she said yes immediately. I think I'd do the same. But I'd steal from rich people whou wouldn't miss a little money stolen or from shops directly (business owners are supposed to be well off).

    25. #25
      Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Posts
      1,342
      Likes
      4
      I would go inside of the White House and take pictures of everything I see.

      Wait, they have thermal cameras...and goggles...oh shit...

    Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •