• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Results 101 to 125 of 155
    1. #101
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by Sandform View Post
      Well it is just like every topic I've ever seen in most things in the lounge people have something else they want to talk about so somehow they steer it that way, so I figured I would cut out the middle-man and lead the topic directly to what I'm interested in, which is the fact that you, UM, are a mudman, and I am tired of your god damn mud parties. You never even invite me but you have to be blaring that music at all hours of the night right next door to me. Some people need sleep at night for work in the morning you know!
      Mississippi mud has been sung about by ZZ Top and The Doobie Brothers. I rest my case. My case continues. You cannot be invited to a party that celebrates you in secrecy, not that we are doing that. Come to the party and go to sleep. You can claim a spot on top of the refrigerator if you get there late enough. Just keep those damn first graders out of my yard. This Zen parable on the reason for existence has been brought to you today by the letters C and M and by the Lord Vader Jesus.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    2. #102
      Member really's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Gender
      Posts
      2,676
      Likes
      54
      Quote Originally Posted by Xei View Post
      Yeah, and that's what your belief is.
      Until I am Enlightened, it is a belief. In that respect, these are not opinions, they are recontextualizations. My only choice is acceptance.

      Quote Originally Posted by Xei View Post
      You haven't really given any evidence, either empirical or logical.
      Only you can find this out for yourself; it begins with acceptance and genuine interest. If you want to know more about this, another thread I have explained a lot in is "A proof of non-existence of god".

      Quote Originally Posted by Xei View Post
      And anyway, the creator can't be omnibenevolent, that's completely at odds with observation.
      I did not mention omnibenevolent. However, God is Omnibenevolent through Creation itself.

      Quote Originally Posted by Dannon Oneironaut View Post
      This is a belief. Atheists will always point that out especially when you use the word "God".
      The interpretation will always be different depending on who the reader is. I speak Spiritually, not religiously (Independantly).

      Quote Originally Posted by Dannon Oneironaut View Post
      The truth of this statement, and I don't think even an atheist will argue, is that the witness and being of everything is consciousness. Now the mystic might define God as consciousness wjile the materialist will define consciousness as a biproduct of brain functions. Now science has never proved consciousness. It has no way to prove it or measure it.
      Dr. David Hawkins has found the bridge; he can measure Consciousness, logarithmically, whether it'd be collectively or individually; the consciousness of anything in existence.

    3. #103
      Member ChaybaChayba's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Skypedia
      Posts
      1,903
      Likes
      70
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      Dr. David Hawkins has found the bridge; he can measure Consciousness, logarithmically, whether it'd be collectively or individually; the consciousness of anything in existence.
      Lol, seriously? How do you measure consciousness? How do you even define consciousness? Mind linking me up to some reliable sources on this? Or I woudln't mind if you elaborated yourself on it :p

    4. #104
      Emotionally unsatisfied. Sandform's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      4,299
      Likes
      23
      Quote Originally Posted by ChaybaChayba View Post
      Lol, seriously? How do you measure consciousness? How do you even define consciousness? Mind linking me up to some reliable sources on this? Or I woudln't mind if you elaborated yourself on it :p
      Well I suppose Chayba, between you and I, there are two conciousnesses lol. That is the only way I can imagine measuring concsiousness.

    5. #105
      Xei
      UnitedKingdom Xei is offline
      Banned
      Join Date
      Aug 2005
      Posts
      9,984
      Likes
      3082
      I did not mention omnibenevolent. However, God is Omnibenevolent through Creation itself.
      If that were true then he wouldn't have created pain or suffering, would he?
      Dr. David Hawkins has found the bridge; he can measure Consciousness, logarithmically, whether it'd be collectively or individually; the consciousness of anything in existence.
      You can't measure consciousness. What exactly does he use? How can you make consciousness quantitative when it is an all-or-nothing quantity? And why the hell is it 'logarithmic'; do you know what a logarithm actually is?

    6. #106
      Member really's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Gender
      Posts
      2,676
      Likes
      54
      Quote Originally Posted by ChaybaChayba View Post
      Lol, seriously? How do you measure consciousness? How do you even define consciousness? Mind linking me up to some reliable sources on this? Or I woudln't mind if you elaborated yourself on it :p
      Google him; read and understand his fascinating books. He is the modern, mystical Avatar! Go!

      http://www.nightingale.com/Auth_Bio~...d_Hawkins.aspx

      Quote Originally Posted by Xei View Post
      If that were true then he wouldn't have created pain or suffering, would he?
      Watch what you say. Creation is Creation. Evil fails (itself).

      In Reality, no suffering is possible. All Is Eternal, infinite Love. Suffering and pain are illusions. Illusions. Think about that.

      When Reality is found, the questions of existence cease altogether. In Truth, all thoughts are ceased - they were nothing, really.

      (Until one decides he will be confident, he may find himself to be nervous.)

      Quote Originally Posted by Xei View Post
      I
      You can't measure consciousness. What exactly does he use? How can you make consciousness quantitative when it is an all-or-nothing quantity?
      You can. Find this out yourself. Consciousness is not on or off; it is progressive, karmic and collective. This is Philosophy, though, I can not answer to large degrees (or else I would go off-topic). PM me if you need to.

      Quote Originally Posted by Xei View Post
      And why the hell is it 'logarithmic'; do you know what a logarithm actually is?
      Yes. The same reason the decibel is measured logarithmically, to account for massive numbers/measurements; illustrate their relativity.

    7. #107
      Xei
      UnitedKingdom Xei is offline
      Banned
      Join Date
      Aug 2005
      Posts
      9,984
      Likes
      3082
      In Reality, no suffering is possible. All Is Eternal, infinite Love. Suffering and pain are illusions. Illusions. Think about that.
      Conscious experience is all an 'illusion' in a certain sense, but that doesn't make it any less real. Love is also an illusion, if pain qualifies as one.
      You can. Find this out yourself. Consciousness is not on or off; it is progressive, karmic and collective. This is Philosophy, though, I can not answer to large degrees (or else I would go off-topic).
      I'd rather you did explain the thought that leads to that conclusion, actually.
      Yes. The same reason the decibel is measured logarithmically, to account for massive numbers/measurements; illustrate their relativity.
      Well not really, you can use a linear scale to illustrate massive quantities, for example using units such as moles of substance, where a mole is 6 x 10^23 molecules... only where you have some readings which are comparatively very large to other readings in the same data set would you log the data.

    8. #108
      Member really's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Gender
      Posts
      2,676
      Likes
      54
      Quote Originally Posted by Xei View Post
      Conscious experience is all an 'illusion' in a certain sense, but that doesn't make it any less real.
      If all conscious experiences are illusions, there is no need for the word "illusion". Illusions are dominant for the unenlightened conscious being.

      Quote Originally Posted by Xei View Post
      Love is also an illusion, if pain qualifies as one.
      It is, while many people think love is painful. God is Love; nothing can be without Gods Love.

      Quote Originally Posted by Xei View Post
      I'd rather you did explain the thought that leads to that conclusion, actually.
      Read my posts, they are all helpful to this subject.

      http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...ad.php?t=57263
      http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...ad.php?t=57744
      http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...ad.php?t=58539

      Quote Originally Posted by Xei View Post
      Well not really, you can use a linear scale to illustrate massive quantities, for example using units such as moles of substance, where a mole is 6 x 10^23 molecules... only where you have some readings which are comparatively very large to other readings in the same data set would you log the data.
      That's right; "6 x 10^23" is a massive number isn't it? Log brings that down to roughly 24.78! Big difference. Using the linear scale encourages mess, in this situation.

    9. #109
      I LOVE KAOSSILATOR Serkat's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Posts
      2,609
      Likes
      2
      Hawkins can't "measure" consciousness, he just made up a shitty scale to name after himself with no scientific backing whatsoever.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1eP84n-Lvw

      Ich brauche keine Waffe.

      Ich ermittle ausschlie▀lich mit dem Gehirn!

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1eP84n-Lvw

    10. #110
      Banned
      Join Date
      May 2008
      Gender
      Posts
      1,005
      Likes
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by Universal Mind
      Why does existence exist? Wouldn't any cause of existence be a form of existence? Can something create itself?
      According to you. Existence is impossible. But you still will not accept that you are missing something. So all existence mocks you. If you had the courage to face my philosophy. Your entire idea of reality would be dead.

      Quote Originally Posted by Minervas Phoenix
      There can be no first cause of reality. If there was a first cause. It could only be every cause existing in an infinite chain of causes and effects. The effect would have to be the cause. And all those causes and effects would not be able to differ from the original cause. That is because nothing could be taken away or added to the original cause as it would be the only thing that could possibly exist. This means that you cannot define or conclude a cause or effect for anything as it will continually elude your intelligence.

    11. #111
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by Minervas Phoenix View Post
      According to you. Existence is impossible. But you still will not accept that you are missing something. So all existence mocks you. If you had the courage to face my philosophy. Your entire idea of reality would be dead.
      I said existence is impossible? I guess I will just take your word for it. You and ChaybaChayba should get together and go trolling, if you are not the same person. (By the way, "According to you," is not a sentence. )

      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    12. #112
      Banned
      Join Date
      May 2008
      Gender
      Posts
      1,005
      Likes
      1
      It's a sentence if I put a full stop.

      Ok so you believe existence is possible. Despite your philosophy that does not allow it to exist.

    13. #113
      Emotionally unsatisfied. Sandform's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      4,299
      Likes
      23
      Some day we will find out that the answer is because.

    14. #114
      Emotionally unsatisfied. Sandform's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      4,299
      Likes
      23
      Quote Originally Posted by Sandform View Post
      Some day we will find out that the answer is because.
      Geez the answer to the universe all wrapped up in a neat little bow. Because.

    15. #115
      ex-redhat ClouD's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Posts
      4,760
      Likes
      129
      DJ Entries
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      Until I am Enlightened, it is a belief. In that respect, these are not opinions, they are recontextualizations. My only choice is acceptance.
      You are nothing. Stop trying. Stop speaking.
      You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light.

    16. #116
      Member really's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Gender
      Posts
      2,676
      Likes
      54
      Quote Originally Posted by ClouD View Post
      You are nothing. Stop trying. Stop speaking.
      Then what are you?

    17. #117
      Banned
      Join Date
      May 2008
      Gender
      Posts
      1,005
      Likes
      1
      Geez the answer to the universe all wrapped up in a neat little bow. Because.
      Just...be-cause and that's the answer. lol. No wonder children say it, it's so obvious.

    18. #118
      ex-redhat ClouD's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Posts
      4,760
      Likes
      129
      DJ Entries
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      Then what are you?
      ~
      Quote Originally Posted by ClouD View Post
      nothing. Stop trying. Stop speaking.
      You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light.

    19. #119
      Emotionally unsatisfied. Sandform's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      4,299
      Likes
      23
      Quote Originally Posted by Minervas Phoenix View Post
      Just...be-cause and that's the answer. lol. No wonder children say it, it's so obvious.
      Well seriously...I don't know what reason it could be besides because hehe.

    20. #120
      Banned
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      The Weak and the Wounded
      Posts
      4,925
      Likes
      485
      Quote Originally Posted by Minervas Phoenix View Post
      Just...be-cause and that's the answer. lol. No wonder children say it, it's so obvious.
      there are far deeper implications to the word then you would think.

    21. #121
      ex-redhat ClouD's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Posts
      4,760
      Likes
      129
      DJ Entries
      1
      Further, the motion ~ expression.
      You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light.

    22. #122
      Member really's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Gender
      Posts
      2,676
      Likes
      54
      Quote Originally Posted by ClouD View Post
      ~
      I'd never thought I'd see you as a pessimist, ClouD.

    23. #123
      Call me Dw Dreamworld's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Gender
      Location
      The bottom.
      Posts
      977
      Likes
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by Universal Mind View Post
      Why does existence exist?

      Wouldn't any cause of existence be a form of existence? Can something create itself?
      This was the idea I was getting at in my other thread.

      I have no idea.

    24. #124
      Call me Dw Dreamworld's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Gender
      Location
      The bottom.
      Posts
      977
      Likes
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by Minervas Phoenix View Post
      It's a sentence if I put a full stop.

      Ok so you believe existence is possible. Despite your philosophy that does not allow it to exist.
      Lmao..

    25. #125
      ex-redhat ClouD's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Posts
      4,760
      Likes
      129
      DJ Entries
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      I'd never thought I'd see you as a pessimist, ClouD.
      Negative...positive, degrees of the same phenomenon.
      Nothing...everything...

      In the middle.
      You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light.

    Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •