• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 32
    Like Tree6Likes

    Thread: What Kind of Atheist/Theist are You?

    1. #1
      Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Jesus of Suburbia's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      LD Count
      192837465
      Gender
      Posts
      1,309
      Likes
      248

      What Kind of Atheist/Theist are You?

      Atheist, Gnostic, Theist, Agnostic

      17 Kinds of Atheism

      If you're a theist, only use the first one for your answer. If you're an atheist, use both and use the first one to elaborate on your first answer for the second link.

    2. #2
      Member JussiKala's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2010
      LD Count
      Not enough
      Gender
      Location
      Finland
      Posts
      529
      Likes
      97
      DJ Entries
      21
      The second link

      Atheist
      I'm a gnostic, positive, broad, friendly, open, active and passive depending on where, non religious.... that is towards the gods humanity imagined. I'm not denying the possibility of a god like creature maybe possibly somewhere doign something, though unlikely. If it's out there, it certainly doesn't care about humans.
      Last edited by JussiKala; 07-25-2011 at 06:33 PM.

    3. #3
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Dthoughts's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      LD Count
      A few
      Gender
      Posts
      1,468
      Likes
      767
      DJ Entries
      72
      Gnostic. If there's a god i'll find it.

    4. #4
       Solarflare's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Gender
      Location
      Colony 9
      Posts
      4,452
      Likes
      1650
      DJ Entries
      67
      gnostic, positive, broad, I dont understand #4, open, a little bit evangelical and active atheist.

    5. #5
       Solarflare's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Gender
      Location
      Colony 9
      Posts
      4,452
      Likes
      1650
      DJ Entries
      67
      Quote Originally Posted by Dthoughts View Post
      Gnostic. If there's a god i'll find it.
      there is a thing called gnostic atheist as well, be sure to say ''theist''
      Jesus of Suburbia likes this.

    6. #6
      Failing in epic style. ItsMEE's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      LD Count
      Not enough!!!:)
      Gender
      Location
      Here, can't you tell?
      Posts
      97
      Likes
      5
      DJ Entries
      11
      I think I'm probaby a gnostic... I'm just that sort of person
      Are you asleep and imagining you're reading this or imagining you're asleep and actually reading this?
      International Oneironauts Shared DreamingProject


      Life is like a shoe; useless without a soul.

    7. #7
      Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Jesus of Suburbia's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      LD Count
      192837465
      Gender
      Posts
      1,309
      Likes
      248
      Quote Originally Posted by ItsMEE View Post
      I think I'm probaby a gnostic... I'm just that sort of person
      Gnostic theist or gnostic atheist?

      Gotta specify.

    8. #8
      Member JussiKala's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2010
      LD Count
      Not enough
      Gender
      Location
      Finland
      Posts
      529
      Likes
      97
      DJ Entries
      21
      Quote Originally Posted by Solarflare View Post
      gnostic, positive, broad, I dont understand #4, open, a little bit evangelical and active atheist.
      The #4 is how your attitude is towards theists. Do you approve of it or not?

    9. #9
      Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Jesus of Suburbia's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      LD Count
      192837465
      Gender
      Posts
      1,309
      Likes
      248
      Quote Originally Posted by JussiKala View Post
      The #4 is how your attitude is towards theists. Do you approve of it or not?
      I'd say it's more about how you argue.

    10. #10
       Solarflare's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Gender
      Location
      Colony 9
      Posts
      4,452
      Likes
      1650
      DJ Entries
      67
      oh, indifferent, i dont give a shit what they think
      Kezune likes this.

    11. #11
      Member JussiKala's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2010
      LD Count
      Not enough
      Gender
      Location
      Finland
      Posts
      529
      Likes
      97
      DJ Entries
      21
      Quote Originally Posted by Jesus of Suburbia View Post
      I'd say it's more about how you argue.
      It clearly states otherwise and it has not much to do with arguing, just your general attitude towards theists.

    12. #12
      Retired Post Whore-73PPD jarrhead's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      LD Count
      82
      Gender
      Location
      Tijeras/Albuquerque
      Posts
      1,938
      Likes
      122
      DJ Entries
      24
      Atheist -- gnostic, positive/explicit, broad, unfriendly, open, passive/maybe active as I dislike church and state together but dont try to influence much, non-religious

    13. #13
      Lucid Dreamer Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV Veteran Second Class
      siuol's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      LD Count
      40
      Gender
      Location
      United States
      Posts
      418
      Likes
      92
      DJ Entries
      42
      atheist - agnostic, positive, broad, indifferent, open (i tell people if they ask, however little that is), active, non-religious.
      Lucid Dreaming since 3/30/10

    14. #14
      Czar Salad IndieAnthias's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Gender
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      707
      Likes
      491
      Athiest - Agnostic, Negative, Narrow (but not exactly...), Friendly (I'm an anthropologist), Closet (when around family), Passive, Religious (when around family)
      Last edited by IndieAnthias; 07-28-2011 at 02:00 AM.

    15. #15
       Solarflare's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Gender
      Location
      Colony 9
      Posts
      4,452
      Likes
      1650
      DJ Entries
      67
      oh yea, i am 'religious' around my family, but everyone else i tell

    16. #16
      Haunted by entropy. Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      sloth's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      LD Count
      20 years worth
      Gender
      Location
      Deep in the woods
      Posts
      2,131
      Likes
      584
      NONE of them fit.

    17. #17
      Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Jesus of Suburbia's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      LD Count
      192837465
      Gender
      Posts
      1,309
      Likes
      248
      Quote Originally Posted by sloth View Post
      NONE of them fit.
      Sir, I highly doubt that.

    18. #18
      Haunted by entropy. Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      sloth's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      LD Count
      20 years worth
      Gender
      Location
      Deep in the woods
      Posts
      2,131
      Likes
      584
      Quote Originally Posted by Jesus of Suburbia View Post
      Sir, I highly doubt that.
      Yeah yeah. Because I have to think within the box, right? It's impossible that I could actually consider things that are not already mapped out for me by someone else?

      No. None of the labels fit me.
      Last edited by sloth; 07-29-2011 at 05:49 PM.
      ---o--- my DCs say I'm dreamy.

    19. #19
       Solarflare's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Gender
      Location
      Colony 9
      Posts
      4,452
      Likes
      1650
      DJ Entries
      67
      Quote Originally Posted by sloth View Post
      Yeah yeah. Because I have to think within the box, right? It's impossible that I could actually consider things that are not already mapped out for me by someone else?

      No. None of the labels fit me.
      please explain

    20. #20
      Haunted by entropy. Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      sloth's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      LD Count
      20 years worth
      Gender
      Location
      Deep in the woods
      Posts
      2,131
      Likes
      584
      That's quite a challenge, really.

      I do not think I believe anything.
      However, I hold very very strong ideas that make sense to me, or within them hold concepts that cause existence to make sense to me in some fashion, even if I am incorrect. Within these ideas is a strong affinity for the idea that there is a deity, and that there is not, all within the same concept.
      I could possibly just label myself an atheist, since I don't believe ANYthing. However, I'm really not sure what the definition of "believe" is, and I do not believe that it can be defined the same way by every person. I have very strong ideas in my head about existence. I do not see how they can be any LESS concrete or real to me than a "belief" is to someone else, for I am not sure that anyone can truly "believe" or "know" anything. Even a priest who would claim to "believe" and "know" and have "faith" just may have the smallest amount of question, buried as deep as he humanly can muster, as to whether or not he is correct about his "belief". Is it possible to truly "believe" something with absolutely no shred whatsoever of doubt? Even if one convinces himself that he has no doubt, I am VERY skeptical.
      However, I do not know for sure, unless my ideas are just as strong as someone else's "belief" or "knowledge" in which case I do know for sure, that if this existence exists that there is possibly a deity, and that there is possibly not a deity, and that if it is in fact possible to "know" anything, or "believe" anything, that I do know and/or believe this, just as strongly as anyone else.

      ... :-\ ... I'm sorry that that explanation is such a train wreck.
      Last edited by sloth; 07-29-2011 at 06:09 PM.
      Jesus of Suburbia likes this.
      ---o--- my DCs say I'm dreamy.

    21. #21
      Banned
      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      Gender
      Posts
      1,590
      Likes
      521
      Gnosticism: The belief that one has knowledge
      Theism: The belief in a god, whether or not you are gnostic.

      Those are the correct definitions. By those, I'm an agnostic atheist. I haven't seen any evidence of a god, I don't expect there to be one, but it's not impossible.

    22. #22
      Member Savy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2011
      Gender
      Posts
      182
      Likes
      103
      DJ Entries
      15
      Agnostic Atheist, Negative, Broad, Indifferent, Open, Passive, Non-religious.

      Though, honestly, I lean towards apatheist. I don't know if there is a god/gods, though I'm inclined to believe there is not, but if there was I either don't think it would care about humanity, or that there wouldn't be an afterlife. And even if it did care about humanity, and even if there was an afterlife, I still don't care, because a god that would punish you for not believing in something that has no proof, or for reasons like being gay, etc is not fit to worship.

    23. #23
      Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Jesus of Suburbia's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      LD Count
      192837465
      Gender
      Posts
      1,309
      Likes
      248
      Quote Originally Posted by sloth View Post
      That's quite a challenge, really.

      I do not think I believe anything.
      However, I hold very very strong ideas that make sense to me, or within them hold concepts that cause existence to make sense to me in some fashion, even if I am incorrect. Within these ideas is a strong affinity for the idea that there is a deity, and that there is not, all within the same concept.
      I could possibly just label myself an atheist, since I don't believe ANYthing. However, I'm really not sure what the definition of "believe" is, and I do not believe that it can be defined the same way by every person. I have very strong ideas in my head about existence. I do not see how they can be any LESS concrete or real to me than a "belief" is to someone else, for I am not sure that anyone can truly "believe" or "know" anything. Even a priest who would claim to "believe" and "know" and have "faith" just may have the smallest amount of question, buried as deep as he humanly can muster, as to whether or not he is correct about his "belief". Is it possible to truly "believe" something with absolutely no shred whatsoever of doubt? Even if one convinces himself that he has no doubt, I am VERY skeptical.
      However, I do not know for sure, unless my ideas are just as strong as someone else's "belief" or "knowledge" in which case I do know for sure, that if this existence exists that there is possibly a deity, and that there is possibly not a deity, and that if it is in fact possible to "know" anything, or "believe" anything, that I do know and/or believe this, just as strongly as anyone else.

      ... :-\ ... I'm sorry that that explanation is such a train wreck.
      A huge train wreck. I didn't understand most any of it.

    24. #24
      D.V. Editor-in-Chief Original Poster's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      LD Count
      Lucid Now
      Gender
      Location
      3D
      Posts
      8,263
      Likes
      4135
      DJ Entries
      11
      Agnostic passive negative friendly broad non-religious deist
      Jesus of Suburbia likes this.

      Everything works out in the end, sometimes even badly.


    25. #25
      Czar Salad IndieAnthias's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Gender
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      707
      Likes
      491
      Quote Originally Posted by Jesus of Suburbia View Post
      A huge train wreck. I didn't understand most any of it.
      this ^ kind of validates this v, no?

      Quote Originally Posted by sloth View Post
      NONE of them fit.

    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Theist/atheist - a mere game of ego
      By Nick89 in forum Religion/Spirituality
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 03-14-2010, 11:58 AM
    2. Atheist? Theist?
      By Tyler in forum Religion/Spirituality
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: 10-07-2008, 07:17 AM
    3. Why are you a Theist?
      By dragonoverlord in forum Religion/Spirituality
      Replies: 13
      Last Post: 04-06-2008, 01:46 PM
    4. I feel bad for 80% of all of you. Atheist and theist alike.
      By Lucid_boy in forum Religion/Spirituality
      Replies: 24
      Last Post: 11-08-2007, 04:46 PM
    5. Atheist chat (Don't bother posting here if your a theist)
      By Sornaensis in forum Religion/Spirituality
      Replies: 181
      Last Post: 08-27-2007, 01:54 AM

    Tags for this Thread

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •