• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 78
    Like Tree74Likes

    Thread: thoughts of why people hate Christians

    1. #1
      Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Posts
      8
      Likes
      2

      thoughts of why people hate Christians

      This is my first posting so I'll start by saying I am Christian and have pondered long about why many Christians
      tend to cause people to reject the word of God. A few observations if I may.

      1. Ignorant people; who follow ignorant "claim to know Jesus" leaders who don't know God's message.

      We can class these poor people as " Freddy Phelpers" for they are all about screaming "God hates Fags" "Fags burn in hell."
      and "A good fag is a dead fag." Nothing has made my job harder than a bunch of screaming idiots who carry on like
      John and James of Zebedee did in Luke 19 when they asked Christ to drop the holy nuclear bomb on a Samaritan
      village because it didn't want to see Christ.

      How can you possibly give hope and salvation when your busy calling down the nuclear weapon of divine wrath on
      people you haven't tried talking to yet?

      2. Terrakaze pilots. (99% of the world population)

      Many people are obsessed with this world, so obsessed that they don't care about the existence of the eternal world
      and long to go head long into the brick wall of hell like Japanese Kamikaze flying head long into a battleship.

      The Terrakaze thinks Jesus cares about healthcare, global warming, social justice, fair pay for women, gay weddings
      and civil rights. Perhaps you should read the Bible since none of these are ever mentioned. What is mentioned is the
      end of this world and everything of course.....dies. Trees die, buildings crumble, the pet dog dies and everybody you
      know including you will die. If you exist for "this world" to live "its lusts" you will probably die and go to a flaming pit.
      Just the truth, sorry if it hurts you.

      3. Political Christians.

      Political Christians are just Terrakaze on super steroid moron mode. Jesus is not a Republican, a Democrat, a liberal,
      a conservative, a 99 percent, a 1 percent....frankly from his word....he's not what man wants him to be.

      In fact man doesn't want the God of the Bible. Man hates the God of the Bible because the God of the Bible tells man
      what he should do and man is a lying, filthy, selfish, sinful, criminal, deviant, scheming little worm! If I offend you,
      it's true...sorry.

      Wrapping God in a self serving political message is another thing that makes my job for God hard to do.

      4. Ignorant Christians who don't know the Bible.

      I get this from my own family. "Don't tell me what Jesus believes! He would support gays getting married!" My younger
      lesbian sister likes to say. I reply with "What's the verse?" She replies with "Oh....Go f**k yourself!"

      Being honest....No, Jesus would not support homosexuality, adultery, booze parties, pot smoking or animal sex. I meet
      people every day who say Jesus would welcome something and then when I ask them to quote scripture, they get angry
      and walk away...usually swearing at me as I'm trying to show them the Bible. The most ignorant Christians I run into are
      the Methodists who of course fully support homosexuality and run away like vampires if I show them a Bible.

      How about this common phrase fixed to Jesus? "Feed a man a fish...." Uh...no, not Jesus. A Chinese scholar said this one.

      5. Television Preachers

      Hate them all. If you're spreading the word of God and making tons of cash for yourself in the process...Pat Robinson... you
      are a lying apostate jerk. If you continue your ways, you burn.....just the truth.

      And the 1980's antics of Jim and Tammy Baker still cause frustration to my job.

      6. "Me" before Christ'ers, poorly prepped Christian witnesses.

      Nothing has caused more friction than a poorly prepared Christian who throws out his own opinions before the truth of God.
      "Well...you're a fag and you're going to hell now accept Christ or shut up!"

      I shake my head. Put the sword back in your pocket before you hurt yourself child. If you can't leave your own opinions home
      and put Christ before everything else, you need more time in study and fellowship or you just need to fellowship after repeated
      screw ups on the town. Not every Christian is gifted with the ability to witness.

      7. The "screw your no's" Christian.

      When someone tells you "no", give them a polite reply and leave? I usually have to run blocker against Fred Phelp's people when
      they push their luck and continue their fire brand snarling past the first "no".

      Jesus himself said that when you are not accepted, leave, walk away, go and don't turn around and throw venom. Sometimes
      this causes "delayed honey harvesting" which causes a person to think again about God's message and perhaps some day down
      the line take God up on his offer.

      better to use a little honey than a bucket of acid.

      This is just a short list. So what's my job as a Christian? Very basic....

      1. Talk about God's message of salvation.

      That's it. Nothing more, nothing fancy, no personal additions ( except a testimony if needed) then walk away with a smile.
      Answer questions truthfully, show the Bible, if people say no....walk away.

      I wish some Christians would get that into their head. It would make my job easier.

    2. #2
      Psychonaut PlanesWalker's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      LD Count
      40+
      Gender
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      288
      Likes
      127
      DJ Entries
      8
      I don't normally like getting into religious conversations because it doesn't matter what faith you have, it usually doesn't change someone's pov and people tend to get heated just talking about it.

      As far as the things you mention that are "true" when you apologize for offending others, it is true that it is written but not necessarily true in the purest sense of the word. Simply because you found it in a book that everyone else tells you is the word of god doesn't make it so. If I was your sister and you told me to show you what verse, I'd simply tell you to prove it actually came from God. You can't. Bottom line.

      People dislike many Christians because they like to tell others how they should live, like they know what's best for everyone. Also, according to your religion, I could be the most thoughtful, giving, selfless person in the world but if I don't believe in what you do then I will be cast into a pit of fire for all eternity. The same basic, yet opposite, principal applies for a wrong doer. A criminal can commit all kinds of atrocities and as long as he feels sorry for it afterward he is forgiven. I call bullshit.

      I firmly believe no religion has it right, but perhaps each one has pieces of the truth embedded within. I have nothing against trying to live a loving and caring life towards others, but I won't stand and listen to someone who says I must do it their way or else....
      Last edited by PlanesWalker; 07-24-2013 at 08:36 PM.
      Woodstock, JoannaB and Leichen like this.
      I Dreamed a Dream
      In it, saw people I've never seen
      Gone places I've never been
      And done things I'd do again.

      www.walkthedreamscape.wordpress.com
      _____________________________

    3. #3
      Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      splodeymissile's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      LD Count
      I've lost count
      Gender
      Location
      omicron persei 8
      Posts
      535
      Likes
      264
      DJ Entries
      32
      Why wouldn't Jesus accept homosexuality? If two men or women love each other, then as long as they're not harming anyone, I don't see the issue. Also, while certain aspects of the bible are based on real life events (I recall that we've actually proven that there was an important man called Jesus, though whether he was the son of God is a different matter), I don't think anything in there should be taken as a perfectly factual account.
      Woodstock likes this.

    4. #4
      Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Posts
      8
      Likes
      2
      As far as the things you mention that are "true" when you apologize for offending others,
      Can you prove there is no God? To prove that God does not exist, you would have to be a God yourself and since you're not then you can't prove he doesn't exist right?

      People dislike many Christians because they like to tell others how they should live, like they know what's best for everyone.
      A simple analogy. Say we're back in 1961 and Ben Hur is in the theaters. I think I should see it because it might be a good movie and yet a friend comes up
      who hates Charlton Heston and says "Don't go see that stupid movie, Charlton Heston is lousy in it!"

      So....I should base my thinking off of some angry guy who hates Charlton Heston in stead of actually going to see if his claims of the movie being bad are
      actually based on solid fact. It is, after all, my choice to make...not the choice of someone else to push on me.

      As for "liking to tell others". The facts that some activities and lifestyles have overwhelming evidence of negative/destructive consequences, not only for the
      practitioner but for others and society at large, I see it as a duty to give alternatives. if I saw a child in a street with a truck bearing down on him, should I not
      say something or keep my trap shut?

      Also, according to your religion, I could be the most thoughtful, giving, selfless person in the world
      By the way....Jesus Christ was against "Religion". And according to Christ, work without faith is dead. An atheist can
      be loving, giving and thoughtful no question but his values and morals would conflict with many things and actions
      thus he couldn't be truly as giving as Jesus Christ teaches.


      but if I don't believe in what you do then I will be cast into a pit of fire for all eternity.
      That's your choice. Why are you going to worry about me if you made that choice? Like I said...eventually
      according to natural law you, me and everyone are going to pass from this life and who cares about this world
      when we do?

      A criminal can commit all kinds of atrocities and as long as he feels sorry for it afterward he is forgiven. I call bullshit.
      You can call it as you like. And everyone by the way is a sinner. It's what you do from the moment you accept Christ to the day you die
      in this life that matters not what you did before. And there's more to repentance than you may think, it's a two way street. And one who
      murders the innocent and refuses to repent, like Stallin, Hitler, Pol Pot, John Wayne Gacy and Jim Jones are in the firey furnace of hell.
      The acceptance of Christ gives you fair judgment before him.

      but I won't stand and listen to someone who says I must do it their way or else....
      Once again you would allow "your" view of "a person" to block your own understanding of God.

      Why wouldn't Jesus accept homosexuality? If two men or women love each other, then as long as they're not harming anyone, I don't see the issue.
      the answer....Ryan White.

      Ryan White was a 12 year old hemophiliac in the early 1980's who contracted AIDS from a blood transfusion. Back then only three kinds of people could have
      put AIDS into the national blood supply in America.

      1. A homosexual
      2. A drug user.
      3. Someone having a lot of sex.

      Ryan suffered. he suffered from fear and bigotry in school and he suffered till he died.
      No bad choice in life be it sexual perversion or drinking booze comes with an absolute
      assurance that no one gets harmed. If that were the case than we could leave loaded
      guns all over the place without a care in the world.

      Ryan White died a horrible death. He's not a poster child for gay rights, he's not a poster
      child for tolerance, he's a dead child who should not have died. There were many others
      like him who died for some one else who selfishly thought "their" lifestyle could harm
      no one.

      Ryan did die for some good. because he suffered so badly he caused compassion to sprout
      forth for AIDS victims where before him there was cruelty and misery from ignorant people.
      Mans' selfish sins create not only misery but the environment for Christian compassion to
      spring forth in a world that needs it.

      We still don't know how Ryan White's blood transfusion got infected. For all we know, homosexuality had nothing to do with it. Even if it did, it is one of a few cases out of many others, that actually harmed anyone. I really don't see how you're qualified to be the judge of what constitutes sexual perversity. Hell, being heterosexual can lead to negative consequences, such as jealousy. Drugs are a more iffy issue, but if used in moderation, I don't see any problems. Also, why specifically "Christian" compassion? I'm pretty sure your religious denomination aren't the only group capable of feeling for someone.
      Last edited by AURON; 07-26-2013 at 10:26 AM. Reason: merged

    5. #5
      Homo sapiens sapiens Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      TimeDragon97's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2013
      LD Count
      4 or 5
      Gender
      Location
      Rochester, NY
      Posts
      268
      Likes
      144
      DJ Entries
      44
      I don't hate Christians. I hate Christianity. I also hate people who use Christianity -- or religion in general -- to manipulate other people.
      ERROR 404: SIGNATURE NOT FOUND

    6. #6
      Dreamer Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal 5000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran Second Class
      JoannaB's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      LD Count
      2017:1, pre:13+
      Gender
      Location
      Virginia
      Posts
      3,024
      Likes
      2155
      DJ Entries
      449
      I would like to point out that not all Christians believe that the Bilbe should be taken literally, some Christians agree that no religion has it 100% correct and that there is truth in all religions, that homosexuality is not a sin, and that you will not go to hell for not believing in God. I think there is a greater divide between open minded and closed minded people than between Christians and atheists, and there are open minded and closed minded people in every religion.
      You may say I'm a dreamer.
      But I'm not the only one
      - John Lennon

    7. #7
      ... Michael's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      LD Count
      Who counts?
      Gender
      Location
      Invisible Society
      Posts
      1,276
      Likes
      76
      OP... how in the world are you christian? You have so much hate. I thought christians were supposed to forgive... lol.

      And you act like you know jesus personally. The person died 2,000 years ago.

    8. #8
      Xei
      UnitedKingdom Xei is offline
      Banned
      Join Date
      Aug 2005
      Posts
      9,984
      Likes
      3082
      I don't hate Christians, I just pity people like you.
      Marvo and Linkzelda like this.

    9. #9
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Tagger First Class Populated Wall Veteran First Class
      Arra's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Posts
      3,838
      Likes
      3886
      DJ Entries
      50
      No, it's actually the type of Christian that you are who makes me sick. The worship of God to me seems like a big power game. You worship him and do what he tells you to because he is powerful and you enjoy submitting. The best analogy I can think of it in the real world is that of a master-slave BDSM style relationship. Although I'm sure it isn't sexual, you still get the same pleasurable feeling from submitting to his will (which is the same thing going on in 24/7 BDSM relationships - it's not always about sex). If you get something out of it and are happier worshiping, then fine. Otherwise, there is no reason to worship other than fear. You're so afraid of the consequences of not loving God that you brainwash yourself into loving him.

      And this is all assuming that a god exists. Yes, I am saying that even if a god existed, he would not be worth worshiping because he is a sadistic asshole who happens to have power. And of course I don't believe he exists in the first place, and don't understand why you do, but that's a whole other topic. So that is the reason that I, an atheist, am disgusted by the theist mindset. I don't hate Christians, but that single aspect of their world view does sicken me.

      "Just the truth, sorry if it hurts you."
      benni and Leichen like this.

    10. #10
      Tye
      Japan Tye is offline
      Leif Tye's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2013
      LD Count
      22
      Gender
      Posts
      62
      Likes
      83
      Maybe if christians didn't try discriminate on many groups of people maybe they wouldn't be disliked. Respect is a two way street. Imagine gay people banning christians from getting married how would you feel then? It's all very simple if you don't hate people they won't hate you.

      @Daniel1966 Just a question, why did God do so many actions back in biblical times, but just stopped giving a shit modern times and stays out of things? Another one how old do you think the universe is?
      Last edited by AURON; 07-26-2013 at 10:22 AM. Reason: merged
      Dreams are a part of reality, sadly too many people ignore this fact.

    11. #11
      Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Posts
      8
      Likes
      2
      No, it's actually the type of Christian that you are who makes me sick.
      Jesus makes you sick?

      but just stopped giving a shit modern times and stays out of things?
      Then I guess General Patton's army wide prayer during the Battle of the Bulge in 1944 was
      just a fluke?

      The 1980's people power revolution in the Phillipines where the people met the army with
      prayer and caused it to back down vice how the atheist Chinese Army butchered it's people
      in 1989 was just a fluke?

      Many times God doesn't do splashy signs and wonders that you'll know are evident. The majority
      of times in the Bible, God worked through God fearing men and women like the Judge Deborah or
      Sampson or David.

      And as for these times? Read the New Testament. God not only aids nations but he removes his
      protection when they decide to chuck him in the trash.

      Maybe if christians didn't try discriminate on many groups of people
      You mean Jesus? So you call Jesus discriminatory? Sin is sin, you live it and do it you accept
      the price.

      he would not be worth worshiping because he is a sadistic asshole
      So if your parents told you not to do certain things, they would be what you describe as well?

      And you act like you know jesus personally. The person died 2,000 years ago.
      Why don't you read the Bible yourself and have some idea of what you rail against?

      Jesus, God and the Holy Spirit are the same.

      Titus 2:13, I Thes 1:1. Acts 5:3-4, Isaiah 43:10, Matthew 3:17, John 14:26, II peter 1:1, John 1:18, Genesis 1: 26-27 Psalm 110:1.

      if you don't hate people they won't hate you.
      I don't hate people, I hate their sin and the fact that they want to spread their sin to include sex with children.
      Last edited by AURON; 07-26-2013 at 10:24 AM. Reason: merged 5 posts...please learn to multiquote

    12. #12
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Tagger First Class Populated Wall Veteran First Class
      Arra's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Posts
      3,838
      Likes
      3886
      DJ Entries
      50
      Quote Originally Posted by Daniel1966 View Post
      So if your parents told you not to do certain things, they would be what you describe as well?
      At this point I'm pretty sure you're just trolling, so I'm not going to bother responding after this unless you say something that makes more sense. Parents can't tell their kids to do anything. Certain demands would be considered child abuse.

    13. #13
      Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      splodeymissile's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      LD Count
      I've lost count
      Gender
      Location
      omicron persei 8
      Posts
      535
      Likes
      264
      DJ Entries
      32
      Quote Originally Posted by Daniel1966 View Post
      Why don't you read the Bible yourself and have some idea of what you rail against?

      Jesus, God and the Holy Spirit are the same.

      Titus 2:13, I Thes 1:1. Acts 5:3-4, Isaiah 43:10, Matthew 3:17, John 14:26, II peter 1:1, John 1:18, Genesis 1: 26-27 Psalm 110:1.
      Why don't you provide proof that the bible is remotely accurate?

      Quote Originally Posted by Daniel1966 View Post
      I don't hate people, I hate their sin and the fact that they want to spread their sin to include sex with children.
      Are you implying that all gays are pedophiles?

      Quote Originally Posted by Daniel1966 View Post
      Jesus makes you sick?
      are you implying that every Christian is Jesus? I'm not sure what to think of that....

      Then I guess General Patton's army wide prayer during the Battle of the Bulge in 1944 was
      just a fluke?
      perhaps


      Many times God doesn't do splashy signs and wonders that you'll know are evident.
      Which begs the question: how are the most introverted of tribal civilizations supposed to know about this wondrous being?

      The majority
      of times in the Bible, God worked through God fearing men and women like the Judge Deborah or
      Sampson or David.
      loving the emphasis on fear

      And as for these times? Read the New Testament. God not only aids nations but he removes his
      protection when they decide to chuck him in the trash.
      Seems a bit petty for a perfect being.

      Quote Originally Posted by Daniel1966 View Post
      So if your parents told you not to do certain things, they would be what you describe as well?
      I don't think my parents are liable to flood the planet, just because I don't conform to their oh so perfect standards of morality (said standards include, but are not limited, a free, eternal dip in the hottest of all hot springs).
      Last edited by AURON; 07-26-2013 at 08:18 PM. Reason: erged
      Woodstock likes this.

    14. #14
      Member Woodstock's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Gender
      Location
      Michigan
      Posts
      680
      Likes
      599
      DJ Entries
      12
      Quote Originally Posted by Daniel1966 View Post
      Being honest....No, Jesus would not support homosexuality, adultery, booze parties, pot smoking or animal sex. I meet
      people every day who say Jesus would welcome something and then when I ask them to quote scripture, they get angry
      and walk away...usually swearing at me as I'm trying to show them the Bible. The most ignorant Christians I run into are
      the Methodists who of course fully support homosexuality and run away like vampires if I show them a Bible.
      How is 2 guys getting married at all similar to adultery, drugs, or raping animals? When did Jesus say anything about homosexuality? And why should we live our lives based on what a mistranslated 2000 year old book says anyway?

    15. #15
      Until the Very End
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      LD Count
      55
      Gender
      Location
      Shh!
      Posts
      190
      Likes
      59
      DJ Entries
      31
      @Daniel1966 - From the way some of your responses are it sounds like you believe that you (and other Christians) reserve the "right" to be on the same level as Jesus. Can you really sit here and say that all of your thoughts are God's thoughts, all of your actions are God's actions? Perhaps I read that incorrectly and I hope I did, but you don't seem to have that air of humbleness that is supposed to be so important to us.

      (P.S.--I have a feeling that if Judaism held as much political power as Christianity does, then people would hate that religion. Christianity is the biggest and therefore has the biggest target.)
      Last edited by AURON; 07-26-2013 at 10:21 AM. Reason: merged
      DarkKiky0 likes this.
      ~ until the very end

    16. #16
      Homo sapiens sapiens Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      TimeDragon97's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2013
      LD Count
      4 or 5
      Gender
      Location
      Rochester, NY
      Posts
      268
      Likes
      144
      DJ Entries
      44
      I doubt it. Judaism isn't as demanding as Christianity, AFAIK. It cares more about actions than beliefs. Furthermore, Jews don't believe in Hell, so they won't threaten you with it.
      ERROR 404: SIGNATURE NOT FOUND

    17. #17
      Tye
      Japan Tye is offline
      Leif Tye's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2013
      LD Count
      22
      Gender
      Posts
      62
      Likes
      83
      You're providing support for my hypothesis that religion is a virus that starts with parents drilling the ideology of their religion into their children and making false threats of a place called hell and create "sins" to make you do what they want. Then, the idea fosters in the child's mind and grows bigger and bigger until it overtakes them and they believe and they are 100% right and can't possibly conceive what they believe is wrong even if there is mounds of evidence is against it. I think a small percentage of people are immune to religion, I was raised in a catholic household and managed to break free on my own which a lot of people can't. It's funny how religions try to teach to love only people who meet their rules and standards. While good people of no religion treat and love everyone fairly.
      Dreams are a part of reality, sadly too many people ignore this fact.

    18. #18
      Until the Very End
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      LD Count
      55
      Gender
      Location
      Shh!
      Posts
      190
      Likes
      59
      DJ Entries
      31
      Quote Originally Posted by TimeDragon97 View Post
      I doubt it. Judaism isn't as demanding as Christianity, AFAIK. It cares more about actions than beliefs. Furthermore, Jews don't believe in Hell, so they won't threaten you with it.
      And you might be right. However I've met a Jew in the past who was more pushy about religion that what you might expect, and the same goes for a witch. I only chose Judaism as an example because it's one of the more popular religions. Point being, power can corrupt and if Judaism--or any religion--became a powerhouse, who knows what would happen? If most people were Jews then I'm inclined to believe that they would try to put some amount of pressure on non-Jews to, at the very least, have their same religious morals.
      ~ until the very end

    19. #19
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Tagger First Class Populated Wall Veteran First Class
      Arra's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Posts
      3,838
      Likes
      3886
      DJ Entries
      50
      I know it was just an example but just quick thoughts about Judaism (which may not be true, just my experience):

      What may be an essential part of Judaism is this sort of specialness/chosen-one attitude. I was raised Jewish, and still don't know much about it, but I have trouble imagining them ever trying to convert people. They view Christians and people of other religions as 'other' people who aren't the chosen people. That's what I grew up believing. I don't know if the religion would work at all if they became a majority, since so much of it relies on the persecution complex, on feeling superior and special because they are a persecuted minority (or used to be, but they won't let it go). They're as likely to start converting Christians as the popular clique of girls in a high school are to invite the whole school to join their clique.
      Darkmatters, CNGB and TimeDragon97 like this.

    20. #20
      Homo sapiens sapiens Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      TimeDragon97's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2013
      LD Count
      4 or 5
      Gender
      Location
      Rochester, NY
      Posts
      268
      Likes
      144
      DJ Entries
      44
      Quote Originally Posted by Daniel1966 View Post
      Then I guess General Patton's army wide prayer during the Battle of the Bulge in 1944 was
      just a fluke?

      The 1980's people power revolution in the Phillipines where the people met the army with
      prayer and caused it to back down vice how the atheist Chinese Army butchered it's people
      in 1989 was just a fluke?
      If two examples are all you can provide, then yes, they were most likely just flukes.
      Dianeva and Tye like this.
      ERROR 404: SIGNATURE NOT FOUND

    21. #21
      Until the Very End
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      LD Count
      55
      Gender
      Location
      Shh!
      Posts
      190
      Likes
      59
      DJ Entries
      31
      Very true. I don't know much about Judaism myself, but I'm sure you know more than what I do haha Aside from the one incident I've never had anyone try to convert me to Judaism, so I'm not really sure what was up with her. As far as I know she may have not even been Jewish at all and may've been seeking out attention in some weird way, though she didn't really strike me as the type. To be honest, normally when I throw this idea out I use Islam as an example, but I suppose I wanted to say something a bit different this time around. XD
      Dianeva likes this.
      ~ until the very end

    22. #22
      Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Jesus of Suburbia's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      LD Count
      192837465
      Gender
      Posts
      1,309
      Likes
      248
      People hate Christians? Seriously?

      In the US 78.4% of people are Christian, in the entire world 33%. You are seriously, undoubtedly the majority. Unless 33% of the world hates themselves, then no, "people" in general do not hate Christians.

      Nice argument b8 though. Really had me going.

    23. #23
      Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2004
      Posts
      5,165
      Likes
      709
      See that is the thing about christians. They all have their own opinions, and they all think they are correct and everyone else is wrong. They never realize that just like how everyone else is wrong, they to are wrong.

    24. #24
      Dreamer Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal 5000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran Second Class
      JoannaB's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      LD Count
      2017:1, pre:13+
      Gender
      Location
      Virginia
      Posts
      3,024
      Likes
      2155
      DJ Entries
      449
      Quote Originally Posted by Alric View Post
      See that is the thing about christians. They all have their own opinions, and they all think they are correct and everyone else is wrong. They never realize that just like how everyone else is wrong, they to are wrong.
      Please don't generalize like that. I am a Christian. And I believe I can be as wrong as anyone else, and I do not believe everyone else is wrong. And I know other Christians who feel the same. I have also met some atheists who believe they are correct and theists are wrong.
      snoop and Dianeva like this.
      You may say I'm a dreamer.
      But I'm not the only one
      - John Lennon

    25. #25
      Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Tagger Second Class Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points
      snoop's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2008
      LD Count
      300+
      Gender
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      1,712
      Likes
      1208
      Quote Originally Posted by JoannaB View Post
      Please don't generalize like that. I am a Christian. And I believe I can be as wrong as anyone else, and I do not believe everyone else is wrong. And I know other Christians who feel the same. I have also met some atheists who believe they are correct and theists are wrong.
      Yeah, it's pretty obvious that the problem here is ignorant people making bold, totally blown out of proportion generalised statements about entire groups of people when it's illogical and unfair to do so.

    Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 53
      Last Post: 07-07-2010, 10:51 PM
    2. It is as if Christians are TRYING to confuse people
      By Idolfan in forum Religion/Spirituality
      Replies: 33
      Last Post: 03-05-2010, 11:16 PM
    3. ATTN people who hate me.
      By robot that is lucid in forum Senseless Banter
      Replies: 28
      Last Post: 11-14-2008, 12:33 AM
    4. I hate people
      By marlie in forum Senseless Banter
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: 09-01-2008, 08:03 PM
    5. Replies: 27
      Last Post: 04-25-2007, 05:07 AM

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •