• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 167
    Like Tree151Likes

    Thread: Any christians here?

    1. #1
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      dollarway64's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      LD Count
      Lost count
      Gender
      Location
      My location is...
      Posts
      185
      Likes
      45
      DJ Entries
      6

      Any christians here?

      I'm a full blown apostolic and I'm curious to see if there are other christians who practice lucid dreaming!
      Check out my youtube channel Life is Strange!

      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZJ...ttwGo1XGpmZEpg

    2. #2
      Banned
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Posts
      898
      Likes
      825
      Is there such a thing as a half blown apostolic. That could lead to frustration me thinks.

      Btw, yeah there are more Christians here than any other religious belief closely followed by those who brand themselves "spiritual non-religious". I would be in that category myself. This being a mainly US site and the US being mainly Christian as far as religious belief goes, you will have no trouble finding other Christians. Apostolics on the other hand are more than likely harder to find. There are several post-Apostolics on the site that I know of including myself, but you are the first presently practicing Apostolic that I have seen. Glad to see even Apostolics can have an open mind toward dreams.
      Sageous and hathor28 like this.

    3. #3
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      I have been a Presbyterian, Episcopalian, agnostic, Taoist, Zen-Buddhist, and Hindu. Now I'm an atheist.

      The Religion forum isn't the happening place it used to be. For a while, we had some major fundamentalists frequent the place. It might have been the same person with multiple accounts.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    4. #4
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      dollarway64's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      LD Count
      Lost count
      Gender
      Location
      My location is...
      Posts
      185
      Likes
      45
      DJ Entries
      6
      I just like dreaming haha but I'm one to back out of religious arguments because I don't like making people mad lol
      Check out my youtube channel Life is Strange!

      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZJ...ttwGo1XGpmZEpg

    5. #5
      D.V. Editor-in-Chief Original Poster's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      LD Count
      Lucid Now
      Gender
      Location
      3D
      Posts
      8,263
      Likes
      4135
      DJ Entries
      11
      Quote Originally Posted by Universal Mind View Post
      I have been a Presbyterian, Episcopalian, agnostic, Taoist, Zen-Buddhist, and Hindu. Now I'm an atheist.

      The Religion forum isn't the happening place it used to be. For a while, we had some major fundamentalists frequent the place. It might have been the same person with multiple accounts.
      Brahman?
      GavinGill likes this.

      Everything works out in the end, sometimes even badly.


    6. #6
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by Original Poster View Post
      Brahman?
      I went from believing in the Tao to believing in Brahman. The difference is that Brahman is supposed to be a conscious spirit. Then I briefly started believing in the Hindu gods that are forms of Brahman. That didn't last long. I realized that I had gone too far and started my thinking all over. My uncle's death happened right at that time, and it is what convinced me that gods do not exist. I have been an atheist ever since then.

      I still have one foot in the Taoist/Zen door, but the Tao is not a god.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    7. #7
      D.V. Editor-in-Chief Original Poster's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      LD Count
      Lucid Now
      Gender
      Location
      3D
      Posts
      8,263
      Likes
      4135
      DJ Entries
      11
      I was joking about "one guy with multiple accounts" cause we are all supposedly just Brahman's multiple accounts.
      Universal Mind and Mzzkc like this.

      Everything works out in the end, sometimes even badly.


    8. #8
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by Original Poster View Post
      I was joking about "one guy with multiple accounts" cause we are all supposedly just Brahman's multiple accounts.
      Oh, I didn't notice the boldface. I mean Brahman didn't notice the boldface, although he also did the boldfacing and noticed it.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    9. #9
      D.V. Editor-in-Chief Original Poster's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      LD Count
      Lucid Now
      Gender
      Location
      3D
      Posts
      8,263
      Likes
      4135
      DJ Entries
      11
      I am technically an atheist though, at least in regard to some gods. But I'm a downright zealot regarding other gods.

      Everything works out in the end, sometimes even badly.


    10. #10
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Christians only make one exception to their mass atheism. If you round down just a point, they believe what I believe.
      StephL likes this.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    11. #11
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      dollarway64's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      LD Count
      Lost count
      Gender
      Location
      My location is...
      Posts
      185
      Likes
      45
      DJ Entries
      6
      So, what about the christians? haha
      Check out my youtube channel Life is Strange!

      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZJ...ttwGo1XGpmZEpg

    12. #12
      D.V. Editor-in-Chief Original Poster's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      LD Count
      Lucid Now
      Gender
      Location
      3D
      Posts
      8,263
      Likes
      4135
      DJ Entries
      11
      Christianity is so 11th century. It's all about Islam now.

      Everything works out in the end, sometimes even badly.


    13. #13
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      dollarway64's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      LD Count
      Lost count
      Gender
      Location
      My location is...
      Posts
      185
      Likes
      45
      DJ Entries
      6
      Quote Originally Posted by Original Poster View Post
      Christianity is so 11th century. It's all about Islam now.
      And I repectfully disagree.
      Check out my youtube channel Life is Strange!

      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZJ...ttwGo1XGpmZEpg

    14. #14
      D.V. Editor-in-Chief Original Poster's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      LD Count
      Lucid Now
      Gender
      Location
      3D
      Posts
      8,263
      Likes
      4135
      DJ Entries
      11
      Whoa, whoa, dude I'm not trying to start a debate here. Take it easy, let's keep this civil.

      I'm sure a christian or two is scuttling about somewhere. They tend to shy away from my lair though.

      Everything works out in the end, sometimes even badly.


    15. #15
      Sleeping Dragon juroara's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Gender
      Location
      San Antonio, TX
      Posts
      3,865
      Likes
      1171
      DJ Entries
      144
      there are a lot of christians here, but this side of the forum is a scary and dangerous place for them. Honestly people lack the skills to have debates here without getting tossing personal insults!

      And Universal Mind! No more Brahman? Is it time for a name change? "Universal Mind" kinda implies Brahman. I should just call you Universal for now! (unless something changes your mind.....)

    16. #16
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by juroara View Post
      And Universal Mind! No more Brahman? Is it time for a name change? "Universal Mind" kinda implies Brahman. I should just call you Universal for now! (unless something changes your mind.....)
      There might be something to it. I don't think it's like a person with individual thoughts and emotions, but it might be some principle involving pure consciousness as part of the fundamental fabric of existence. Whether it is a reality or not, it is a really fascinating concept.
      Original Poster and juroara like this.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    17. #17
      Member StephL's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2013
      LD Count
      84
      Gender
      Posts
      2,423
      Likes
      3291
      DJ Entries
      117
      So - you are a fullblown Apostolic dollarway64!
      That sounds interesting - this would mean Pentecostal, right?
      And such the inerrancy of scripture - wonderful - nobody wanted to play with me in this thread:
      http://www.dreamviews.com/religion-s...believers.html


      Sensei is a biblical literalist, who even aspires to become pastor, but he doesn't frequent here and our last religious themed encounter ran dry - I suppose I became too intense in my probing ..
      http://www.dreamviews.com/general-lu...g-satanic.html

      I am an atheist = I do not believe in god(s).
      And also an agnostic = I cannot know for sure - nor prove a negative anyway

      There is even a god scenario completely within the frame of current scientific understanding, if you stretch semantics a bit:
      Nothing speaks against a reality, where we/our subjective consciousnesses are just a simulation, running on some advanced beings' computational arrangements. The ones having set up the simulation could rightfully be denominated as "gods". I guess.
      Something like the movie Matrix - but the minds having been created in the simulation, not put in simulation to use the pre-existing bodies, though.
      That does not mean, that I find it "bloody likely" - just a basic thought-experiment.

      But nearly everything in Christianity's myths is clearly contradicted by uncountable scientific discoveries and shown to be just that - very old folk myths. In case of the 3 desert-religions - quite lively ones, unfortunately.



      Quote Originally Posted by Original Poster View Post
      I am technically an atheist though, at least in regard to some gods. But I'm a downright zealot regarding other gods.
      Pray tell - which would these be?
      Hail Discordia?

    18. #18
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      dollarway64's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      LD Count
      Lost count
      Gender
      Location
      My location is...
      Posts
      185
      Likes
      45
      DJ Entries
      6
      Quote Originally Posted by StephL View Post
      So - you are a fullblown Apostolic dollarway64!
      That sounds interesting - this would mean Pentecostal, right?
      And such the inerrancy of scripture - wonderful - nobody wanted to play with me in this thread:
      http://www.dreamviews.com/religion-s...believers.html


      Sensei is a biblical literalist, who even aspires to become pastor, but he doesn't frequent here and our last religious themed encounter ran dry - I suppose I became too intense in my probing ..
      http://www.dreamviews.com/general-lu...g-satanic.html

      I am an atheist = I do not believe in god(s).
      And also an agnostic = I cannot know for sure - nor prove a negative anyway

      There is even a god scenario completely within the frame of current scientific understanding, if you stretch semantics a bit:
      Nothing speaks against a reality, where we/our subjective consciousnesses are just a simulation, running on some advanced beings' computational arrangements. The ones having set up the simulation could rightfully be denominated as "gods". I guess.
      Something like the movie Matrix - but the minds having been created in the simulation, not put in simulation to use the pre-existing bodies, though.
      That does not mean, that I find it "bloody likely" - just a basic thought-experiment.

      But nearly everything in Christianity's myths is clearly contradicted by uncountable scientific discoveries and shown to be just that - very old folk myths. In case of the 3 desert-religions - quite lively ones, unfortunately.





      Pray tell - which would these be?
      Hail Discordia?
      And i still respectfully disagree
      Check out my youtube channel Life is Strange!

      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZJ...ttwGo1XGpmZEpg

    19. #19
      D.V. Editor-in-Chief Original Poster's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      LD Count
      Lucid Now
      Gender
      Location
      3D
      Posts
      8,263
      Likes
      4135
      DJ Entries
      11
      Quote Originally Posted by StephL View Post
      Pray tell - which would these be?
      Hail Discordia?
      I don't share every commandment with the Biblicans but I share one. I do not use their names lightly.

      Everything works out in the end, sometimes even badly.


    20. #20
      Diamonds And Rust Achievements:
      Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Populated Wall 5000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class
      Darkmatters's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Center of the universe
      Posts
      6,952
      Likes
      5837
      DJ Entries
      172
      ^^ … It's this guy.

      Last edited by Darkmatters; 05-02-2014 at 02:34 AM.
      gab and Universal Mind like this.

    21. #21
      D.V. Editor-in-Chief Original Poster's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      LD Count
      Lucid Now
      Gender
      Location
      3D
      Posts
      8,263
      Likes
      4135
      DJ Entries
      11
      I do not defend them from false symbolism either, it is not that they shall not be named or depicted. They cannot.
      Mzzkc likes this.

      Everything works out in the end, sometimes even badly.


    22. #22
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    23. #23
      Member StephL's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2013
      LD Count
      84
      Gender
      Posts
      2,423
      Likes
      3291
      DJ Entries
      117
      Oh well - you do what you do Original Poster!


      Quote Originally Posted by dollarway64 View Post
      And i still respectfully disagree
      Of course you do!
      How about coming on over into the Moses thread and telling us your take on that particular tale?

    24. #24
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Populated Wall Tagger First Class 25000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      <s><span class='glow_9ACD32'>DeletePlease</span></s>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2010
      Posts
      2,685
      Likes
      2883
      DJ Entries
      12
      Quote Originally Posted by Universal Mind View Post
      I have been a Presbyterian, Episcopalian, agnostic, Taoist, Zen-Buddhist, and Hindu. Now I'm an atheist.

      The Religion forum isn't the happening place it used to be. For a while, we had some major fundamentalists frequent the place. It might have been the same person with multiple accounts.
      Off-topic: This post helped me go back down to my baseline this morning after several days of hypomania.* Many thanks, kind sir; I was getting rather delusional.

      * My family doctor and I think I have bipolar disorder, but I'm still waiting for an appointment with a psychiatrist to get the official diagnoses.

    25. #25
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by GavinGill View Post
      Off-topic: This post helped me go back down to my baseline this morning after several days of hypomania.* Many thanks, kind sir; I was getting rather delusional.

      * My family doctor and I think I have bipolar disorder, but I'm still waiting for an appointment with a psychiatrist to get the official diagnoses.
      Wow, I had no idea that might happen, but I'm glad it worked.

      I used to work with a lot of bipoloar clients when I worked at a mental health center. I also have some good friends who have it. It's a very treatable condition, if you follow all of the rules of treating it.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. To all the christians :D
      By Dthoughts in forum Religion/Spirituality
      Replies: 137
      Last Post: 03-29-2011, 03:13 PM
    2. Why do christians...
      By Kromoh in forum Senseless Banter
      Replies: 67
      Last Post: 06-01-2009, 09:52 PM
    3. Why Christians believe in god
      By Sornaensis in forum Religion/Spirituality
      Replies: 118
      Last Post: 05-06-2008, 02:10 AM
    4. I have come to appreciate the Christians here
      By Needcatscan in forum Religion/Spirituality
      Replies: 52
      Last Post: 01-29-2008, 02:30 AM
    5. Christians here? a question.
      By Drifter in forum Religion/Spirituality
      Replies: 21
      Last Post: 09-26-2006, 09:46 PM

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •