• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Results 1 to 11 of 11
    Like Tree10Likes
    • 1 Post By Mantic
    • 1 Post By Mantic
    • 2 Post By snoop
    • 2 Post By Mantic
    • 1 Post By kadie
    • 1 Post By Mantic
    • 2 Post By Mantic

    Thread: "God speaks through dreams"

    1. #1
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Veteran Second Class

      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      LD Count
      40
      Posts
      114
      Likes
      54
      DJ Entries
      1

      "God speaks through dreams"

      "We are so captivated by and entangled in our subjective consciousness that we
      have forgotten the age-old fact that God speaks chiefly through dreams and visions."

      - Carl Jung

      Just thought this was interesting, It might be implying that serotonin (chemical of the feeling of love) which is almost identical to DMT (which is excreted through the only
      gland [pineal] connecting your two brain hemispheres) is god. It kind of makes sense, if in dreams your desires/love/intention manifest the future, then imagination (DMT) could be thought of as god (unity, oneness, interconnection).
      Which sort of implies that god is the connection between everything. Like the milky way galaxy is connected by a black hole, your brain's hemispheres are connected by your third eye. It almost seems like everything has this structure, and eyes are black holes in a weird way. If you look at the orion nebula, it looks just like a person in a way, and has a black hole in the middle. Eyes are literally like spinning vortexes (gravity). Check out some of these pictures and try to link them all. It's like the center of everything is a black hole vortex and everything is always spinning to it's gravity.


      download (5).jpg1109-sci-milkyway_full_600.jpgbrain_logic.jpgmaxresdefault.jpgorion_nebula_correspondence_to_human_brain_by_dannywilten-d5w9oxl.jpg

      OpheliaBlue likes this.

    2. #2
      Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Stickie King Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall 50000 Hall Points
      OpheliaBlue's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2004
      Location
      Aisle NEIN
      Posts
      13,310
      Likes
      13726
      DJ Entries
      224
      Really cool topic! I would never have thought to compare brains to nebulae

      Anyway, moved to R/S in order to get more helpful audience for this type of discussion.

    3. #3
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Veteran Second Class

      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      LD Count
      40
      Posts
      114
      Likes
      54
      DJ Entries
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by OpheliaBlue View Post
      Really cool topic! I would never have thought to compare brains to nebulae

      Anyway, moved to R/S in order to get more helpful audience for this type of discussion.
      yeah i thought so too, and thanks I didn't really know where to post this.


      If you're interested in this topic check out Danny Wiltens, this is one of his videos below. Interestingly these connections to nebulas have existed a very long time ago, and depicted through religious art such as this. (in 1737)



      OpheliaBlue likes this.

    4. #4
      Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Tagger Second Class Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points
      snoop's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2008
      LD Count
      300+
      Gender
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      1,712
      Likes
      1208
      I've always wondered if what we thought of as God was literally our ability to reason and be capable of higher thought. The stories we tell, the movies we watch, they all share similar ideas for a reason. The way we view our environment and the people around us, it all reflects how the mind functions and why it functions that way. What this has led me to do is question whether what we believe is God is really something we see in our selves, similar to how we view the devil or satan (sinful thoughts and actions, evil and dark things, criminality, etc.), and we are just personifying it. It also makes me question the conclusions we have been coming to about our universe, because the way in which it seems to work draws so many parallels to how our bodies and mind work. That, and even our artificial creations seem to be unable to shake having similar functionality to the universe and ourselves.

      Is it because we can only see things from a human perspective, or is it because we are really all connected and there is a reason behind it? Was it all designed and executed, or is does it appear to be the way it is because we are only capable of viewing things from our own perspective? Now matter how many ways we look at something, if it is us that are doing the observing, then it will remain a human perspective, even if the idea seems totally foreign to us. These ideas are pretty exciting to me, because it's bringing us closer understanding whether or not we are just another manifestation of how the universe came about and we are becoming aware of it, or if everything we are experiencing is an illusion propagated by the mind itself, or even whether it matters or if it is somehow both or none of the above.
      kadie and blizzardesigns like this.

    5. #5
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Veteran Second Class

      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      LD Count
      40
      Posts
      114
      Likes
      54
      DJ Entries
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by snoop View Post
      I've always wondered if what we thought of as God was literally our ability to reason and be capable of higher thought. The stories we tell, the movies we watch, they all share similar ideas for a reason. The way we view our environment and the people around us, it all reflects how the mind functions and why it functions that way. What this has led me to do is question whether what we believe is God is really something we see in our selves, similar to how we view the devil or satan (sinful thoughts and actions, evil and dark things, criminality, etc.), and we are just personifying it. It also makes me question the conclusions we have been coming to about our universe, because the way in which it seems to work draws so many parallels to how our bodies and mind work. That, and even our artificial creations seem to be unable to shake having similar functionality to the universe and ourselves.

      Is it because we can only see things from a human perspective, or is it because we are really all connected and there is a reason behind it? Was it all designed and executed, or is does it appear to be the way it is because we are only capable of viewing things from our own perspective? Now matter how many ways we look at something, if it is us that are doing the observing, then it will remain a human perspective, even if the idea seems totally foreign to us. These ideas are pretty exciting to me, because it's bringing us closer understanding whether or not we are just another manifestation of how the universe came about and we are becoming aware of it, or if everything we are experiencing is an illusion propagated by the mind itself, or even whether it matters or if it is somehow both or none of the above.
      Interesting reasoning. Seems like everything is perspective, it's the center of attention, it's like every time people talk they're really just reflecting each other by contrasting perspectives. Which almost makes it seem that there really is no separation between anybody, it is just one consciousness looking at itself from different perspectives. Which also makes sense because you can't look at your own eyes without a mirror. The idea that your imagination, is really just a filter (third eye) to the astral plane, in which earthbound/other spirits reside, and every time you accept a belief you tune into the "channel" of these specific spirits. Which pretty much means that your thoughts/imagination are the creation of other spirits which are attempting to actualize their potential of ideas by channeling you every time you accept the vibration of their idea. If your perspective is the singularity of everything around you, everything revolves around you. It's like peoples lives are dictated by the emotional velocity they emit during reactions to events they previously manifested, resulting in a chain of events in which you're able to branch out of into new ideas. Sort of like fractals, or ripples in water. In that way you could see this whole thing as an idea, which originated "in the beginning" branching out in every direction like an expanding explosion. Which might explain the linear progression of time with the past/present/future. It's like consciousness is the connection between the two polar sides of the black hole, like the juxtaposition between "macrocosm and microcosm". The connection between everything is the source of it's existence. This reminds me of this one song, if you listen to the lyrics you'll sort of understand what i'm getting at. It's like darkness is where all of creation exists un-manifested, and us living spirits shine our spiritual flashlights into the infinite potential of the imagination, illuminating ideas that match our interest at the time. It's like every ghost is a sperm waiting to be born, like an idea in the dark waiting to be discovered.

      Last edited by blizzardesigns; 01-06-2015 at 06:04 AM.
      OpheliaBlue and kadie like this.

    6. #6
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV 3 years registered
      kadie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2013
      Posts
      579
      Likes
      460
      DJ Entries
      30
      This is a very interesting perspective blizzardesigns. I have had similar thoughts.
      I LOVE this song. It was one of my moms favorites. I never really looked at it the way I did after reading your post above. I bet someone could make a movie based on the lyrics alone.
      My feeling about Jesus is that above all he was a great psychologist. If you take out the Christian rhetoric, Jesus gave man tools to overcome psychological obstacles like showing that one could be forgiven for everything. If you take God out of the equation and consider ones self as the center of God or Love like you said, then all man must do is forgive themselves. Which relieves psychological suffering. Simply put sorry. Entanglement is another thing that is very interesting and I think about it from time to time. I think YES, we are all intertwined. We are everything to ourselves and yet nothing at all in the bigger scheme of things but at the same time as a collective whole we are everything once again.. I think next time I try A/P, this will be my focus. Not just entanglement, but some of the ideas that you and snoop provided here.
      Thank you for this thread and especially the song.
      Last edited by kadie; 01-06-2015 at 04:51 PM.
      blizzardesigns likes this.

    7. #7
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Veteran Second Class

      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      LD Count
      40
      Posts
      114
      Likes
      54
      DJ Entries
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by kadie View Post
      This is a very interesting perspective blizzardesigns. I have had similar thoughts.
      I LOVE this song. It was one of my moms favorites. I never really looked at it the way I did after reading your post above. I bet someone could make a movie based on the lyrics alone.
      My feeling about Jesus is that above all he was a great psychologist. If you take out the Christian rhetoric, Jesus gave man tools to overcome psychological obstacles like showing that one could be forgiven for everything. If you take God out of the equation and consider ones self as the center of God or Love like you said, then all man must do is forgive themselves. Which relieves psychological suffering. Simply put sorry. Entanglement is another thing that is very interesting and I think about it from time to time. I think YES, we are all intertwined. We are everything to ourselves and yet nothing at all in the bigger scheme of things but at the same time as a collective whole we are everything once again.. I think next time I try A/P, this will be my focus. Not just entanglement, but some of the ideas that you and snoop provided here.
      Thank you for this thread and especially the song.
      That is a really good song, what do you mean by "A/P"? and one more thing that relates that song to creativity/imagination
      "And the sign said, The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls
      And tenement halls". This to me, at least seems like it means that prophecy and foreshadowing comes from creativity, like all the graffiti and creative expression is really a message, not just "art".
      kadie likes this.

    8. #8
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV 3 years registered
      kadie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2013
      Posts
      579
      Likes
      460
      DJ Entries
      30
      A/P means astral projection.

      I was thinking about that phrase last night and what it means in the context of you post here. I kind of thought of it as the warning coming from the neon sign as being seen in the lowliest to highest halls of humanity. IDK. But your take fits as well.
      Its interesting that some of the most prolific prophesies in the Bible came in dreams and visions. I not much of a bible buff, but I do remember that dreams and "God" coming to different characters in the Bible did happen in dreams and visions.
      Now that gets me to wondering why devout Christians sometimes consider visions and dream related exercises to be not of God.....
      (im not speaking for all Christians, but I have met some that think places like DV is of the devil and meditation is wrong etc...etc... dogma I guess.

      I had posted in another thread that "God" to me is the PROCESSof creation. Whether it was the way the cosmo's came to be or how humans came to be or how humans create from their thoughts be it art or science. God to me is the process and steps taken in every minute and massive creative happening.
      Last edited by kadie; 01-06-2015 at 08:29 PM.

    9. #9
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Veteran Second Class

      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      LD Count
      40
      Posts
      114
      Likes
      54
      DJ Entries
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by kadie View Post
      A/P means astral projection.

      I was thinking about that phrase last night and what it means in the context of you post here. I kind of thought of it as the warning coming from the neon sign as being seen in the lowliest to highest halls of humanity. IDK. But your take fits as well.
      Its interesting that some of the most prolific prophesies in the Bible came in dreams and visions. I not much of a bible buff, but I do remember that dreams and "God" coming to different characters in the Bible did happen in dreams and visions.
      Now that gets me to wondering why devout Christians sometimes consider visions and dream related exercises to be not of God.....
      (im not speaking for all Christians, but I have met some that think places like DV is of the devil and meditation is wrong etc...etc... dogma I guess.

      I had posted in another thread that "God" to me is the PROCESSof creation. Whether it was the way the cosmo's came to be or how humans came to be or how humans create from their thoughts be it art or science. God to me is the process and steps taken in every minute and massive creative happening.
      The thing is, if everyone actually payed any attention to their dreams or daydreams (visions) they would probably realize the most profound of ideas. The trouble is, most people have been so conditioned by media that they doubt their own thoughts, and "visions". Then they end up expressing that through other filters like music or sports. I think everyone has incredible potential to express their subconscious insights, but most people never think to consider their own value and disregard their own ideas. Most people are protecting themselves through fear (ego) by separating themselves from their "stupid" ideas so they don't get embarrassed. People are instead distracted by media which ruins the inspiration that comes from your mind not being clogged with useless garbage.

      I've heard that for example Christmas was a story about a shaman that dressed like the amanita muscaria to represent his source to a higher consciousness. the "baked ape theory" on Vice is about how supposedly monkeys gained the ability/evolved into higher intellect/imagination from eating wild psilocybin mushrooms, which coincidentally has an almost identical chemical compound formula to serration. Some people call this chemical "love" and there is another natural variant called dimethyltriptamine which is almost identical to serotonin. What's interesting is people often meet "god" while using DMT, and they often describe it as a "near death experience" or basically death. If this is true, then every time you go to sleep you die, and meet god in your "dream" which is the astral plane.

      So it could be thought of as every time you die you connect with god, and every time you "wake up" into this world you "live" but you're just separating from that source to experience life out of death, and since serotonin is so close to DMT, love could be chemically thought of as death. In other words love is sacrifice, like you sacrifice yourself for something else. The thing about the bible and other religious texts such as the Koran, there was a study somewhere which pointed out that both writings are written in a solfeggio pattern, which mimics the vibration in the reader.

      The thing is, i'm not sure if religion is correct in criticizing the study of dreams, astrology, meditation, yoga, etc but it's strange because there are cult like religions which worship evil and hate (flesh) which do seem pretty evil, but i'm not sure why that's related to meditation/etc, it seems like something that would be a normal human function. But I think it's really about the choices you make, and sins are just bad choices which you choose, so really you don't come here and get "judged", you come here and choose to go to hell/heaven. I've heard that ideas are really powerful as well, like every idea effects you so much that it controls your entire life if you choose to remember (believe it). If that's true it's easy to see why most of the money of the higher ups are spent on advertising and media, even more than war and oil. This video below relates to this a lot. It's the idea that there are an infinite amount of possibilities/probabilities of dimensional realities in this multiverse.

      All you're doing (being a black hole) is repeating beliefs in your head. If you consider that idea with a black hole being the singularity of everything around it, you can see how the gravity of the black hole slows down light enough to materialize it's vibration to the degree of the gravitational force. So just like in dreams, how you can't remember the changes during the first fifth of your experience (can't remember how dream started/how you got there to begin with), you don't remember the first few years since your birth. In the exact same way, you're just vibrationally slowing down everything around you, and every moment you die, and choose a separated portion/idea from the infinite imagination (death). While you're in this infinite plane, you don't feel time because death is eternal, so after you instantly choose a "choice" from the source, and separate it, you materialize/slow down your reality to the belief that you chose from the imagination.

      This is why you experience time, it's because the adjustments of every moment are timeless, and you only notice the resulting materialization of your chosen belief. I think the sun represents the actualization of your emotions, because when you go to sleep at night, it's usually pitch black out, and the night/moon represents emotions, so during the night you should be completely dead and exploring the infinite (god/source). When day comes (sun) you start to materialize your beliefs and come back into time again. It's like every time you access your imagination you let go of all of your beliefs, to catch a glimpse of the infinite, Maybe that's why there are street lights everywhere, to keep people grounded and awake to this reality, maybe that's why artificial light is so bad. I think the whole point of life is to let go, let yourself go and let the infinite fill your space, and become another wave in the ocean. Your reality consists of pure belief, and if you were to suddenly morph your opinion to believe that the sky was purple, you would switch to a universe in which the sky is purple, except this time you won't remember that the sky used to be blue, and you will remember an entire lifetime where the sky was purple. That's why it's so important to be in control of your beliefs, because they are the intermissions between every shift in your reality. Thats why every time you wake up in the morning you forget 99% of your dream, it's because you're just waking up your beliefs, which actualize in the form of matter, and your ego attempts to protect you from the potential inspiration of dreams. It's either within or without, you choose to base your life on external beliefs, of base it on your own infinite perspective. Tv or imagination.

      I've heard that every time you close your eyes you enter the eternal imagination/death and automatically manifest that which matches your vibrational belief at the time, and then in the blink of an eye you would end up in the version of the world you truly have faith in being real. So in that way you could also see how thoughts do the same thing, except they can gain momentum and spiral faster and faster in whichever pole you chose. Knowing that, it's kind of scary to think what scary movies do to your reality. By the way, thoughts/beliefs are just information/perspective, emotion is what drives it to exist.

      This could be visualized too, as the "void" is referred to as water, which means that everything is water, being vibrated and the light refracting through the water's ripples materialize into existence. Cymatics proves that snowflakes are frozen raindrops which froze while being effected by the vibration that matches their shape, creating their shapes. Your body being 80% water, clearly is shaped by your emotions/changed. Sound=vibration=emotion=shape. If you've noticed the word "world" sounds like word, might be because the world is a word. When you say a word, you're spelling a word. Like witches cast spells, every thought is it's own unique sound/emotion/spell which is cast upon your reality. So each word you repeat (after hearing words from other sources) you are subconsciously repeating like a mantra, putting your life into a stable linear progression of events continuing with the momentum of your mantra.

      If you were born without outside influence you would not think anything, and therefore have complete access to the imagination, which means eternally being in complete control of your creation/manifestation/choice. The problem is people are always shoving their problems (thoughts/beliefs) onto other people, causing them to separate from their control and consciously only control their ego, which is based upon those beliefs they inherited. When you experience ego loss, you suddenly realize you've been in control the entire time and can choose any reality you can imagine. That is why you choose whether you go to (experience) hell/heaven. Some people consider dreams to be your subconscious, and some consider it as religion, it's just different perspectives (poles) to the same source. Everything could be thought of as water, with light (electricity) flowing through it, and being spun (gravity) by motion. (Electromagnetic Motion [Emotions]). In the title of this video you can see the word "realizing", understanding/comprehending is really just tuning into a portion of the imagination, real-izing your idea. Understanding= belief.
      This is the video:



      Even while writing this, i learned a lot of new things. It's because I was exercising my imagination, and that is what i believe to be true intellect.
      If you let go of all of your beliefs, you will let go of trying to control everything, and in result love is imagination, love is sacrificing your own fragility to something else with faith in imagination, faith in the fact that every single person has infinite potential, and seeing that potential/value is letting go of your judgement, because ultimately your judgements are just limitations of infinity. Thats why people talk about being in a state of non-resistance, it's simply allowing the infinite freedom of your imagination to parallel your potential. It's allowing god into your heart. The question is, would you rather let the sun illuminate your infinite potential, or let this computer screen illuminate it's own resistant belief system. In other words you have to wake up your sleeping consciousness, and put your conscious ego to sleep. Life is the result of the fear of death (fear of love).
      Last edited by blizzardesigns; 01-08-2015 at 05:00 AM.
      snoop and Amedee like this.

    10. #10
      Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Tagger Second Class Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points
      snoop's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2008
      LD Count
      300+
      Gender
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      1,712
      Likes
      1208
      It's all a tangled web to be sure. Any means of exploring, expressing, and learning, but not purposefully destroying or running away from things is just one more way for reality to manifest itself how it really is. If you listen closely you are bound to hear whispers that give you insights into things you never even knew existed or were there the whole time, you just have to be willing to actually listen for what may or may not be there if you expect to find anything at all. Sometimes what you find is false, but that is just one more learning experience for you, one step closer to the truth, or at least a greater understanding of what you think you already know about what we think we all know.

    11. #11
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Veteran Second Class

      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      LD Count
      40
      Posts
      114
      Likes
      54
      DJ Entries
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by snoop View Post
      It's all a tangled web to be sure. Any means of exploring, expressing, and learning, but not purposefully destroying or running away from things is just one more way for reality to manifest itself how it really is. If you listen closely you are bound to hear whispers that give you insights into things you never even knew existed or were there the whole time, you just have to be willing to actually listen for what may or may not be there if you expect to find anything at all. Sometimes what you find is false, but that is just one more learning experience for you, one step closer to the truth, or at least a greater understanding of what you think you already know about what we think we all know.
      exactly, I just don't get why some people refuse to listen to anything, and to such an extent that they spend their time distracting themselves from their selves.

    Similar Threads

    1. Robert Sawyers "Webmind" consciousness "multitask" in lucid dream
      By InsaneInThBrain in forum General Lucid Discussion
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 09-16-2017, 07:04 PM
    2. Replies: 3
      Last Post: 05-27-2013, 03:04 AM
    3. Replies: 11
      Last Post: 11-14-2012, 11:38 PM
    4. Replies: 1
      Last Post: 06-11-2010, 02:15 AM

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •