• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 815 of 818 FirstFirst ... 315 715 765 805 813 814 815 816 817 ... LastLast
    Results 20,351 to 20,375 of 20441
    Like Tree43487Likes

Thread: Rant and Rave, Cry and Complain

Moderator Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Made Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Huge Dream Journal 10000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal Populated Wall
      LD Count
      WHY DO YOU CARE
      DJ Entries
      ^

Rant: I was drinking some water and it went down the wrong pipe... I have been coughing ever since and in the middle of the night I was throwing up a little. I have been feeling not so great at the moment. My throat still hurts....

Earn your wings! Try out Dream Views'
      Tasks of the Month and Tasks of the Year
      today!
      Here:
      https://www.dreamviews.com/tasks-month-year/
      With Dreaming you need to start small and work hard grow your lucid dreaming lifestyle...
      I'm not just a lucid dream, I'm a Somnonauts!!

“It’s... your conscience. We don’t talk a lot these days.”

Dream Guide Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Vivid Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Lang View Post
      I have been coughing ever since and in the middle of the night I was throwing up a little. I have been feeling not so great at the moment. My throat still hurts....
      I hate when stuff like that happens to me, not only does it become kind of painful, it's just aggravating when it happens since it feels like it takes forever to go away.

Hope you feel better soon anyway.
      Hilary and Lang like this.
      Check out the Tasks of the Season - Autumn 2022
      Suggest new tasks

Singled out from some of my favourite quotes from Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri: "Risks of [Planet] flowering: considerable. But rewards of godhood: who can measure? - Usurper Judaa'Maar: Courage: to question."

DVA Teacher Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Huge Dream Journal Made Friends on DV Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
      I'm sad because my baby Smilax plant died. I left it out in the tropical storm. Oops. Yeah, it's dead.
      My mom had an amazing green thumb. Everything thrived under her care. Orchids (so twitchy! I always kill them eventually! Usually sooner than later), flowers, succulents, anything & everything. Me, I'm lucky if something in a pot will last out a season (hah, season he says, a month is more like it). I've had some success with a few lemon plants grown from self-extracted seeds from store-bought fruit (eastern, Meyer's-like variety), but into the 6th year now and STILL no fruit! I bought a Rosemary plant at nursery this year, so juicy and green and vibrant, and a couple weeks later it has dropped like half its leaves and looks woody and scraggly and sad. That's me with plants. I swear those nurseries hook the plants on some sort of plant-narcotics and they get instant withdrawal once you bring them home and that is an incentive to buy yet more specialized soils and fertilizers. Ugh.

Also bought some hot pepper plants for growing in pots, rare here, and I love hot peppers, what a great way to have a nice crop of peppers I thought. Hah. Well they're not doing anything. There are a total of TWO peppers actually growing now among the 7 plants. Two of which don't even have signs of flowers yet. I'm careful to keep them warm (I live in a cold, not very sunny northern climate) and get maximum sun exposure, never leave them out overnight, etc.
      Hilary and DarkestDarkness like this.
      FryingMan's Unified Theory of Lucid Dreaming: Pay Attention, Reflect, Recall -- Both Day and Night[link]
      FryingMan's Dream Recall Tips -- Awesome Links
      “No amount of security is worth the suffering of a mediocre life chained to a routine that has killed your dreams.”
      "...develop stability in awareness and your dreams will change in extraordinary ways" -- TYoDaS

Dreamer Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Populated Wall 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      <span class='glow_00868B'>yuppie11975</span>'s Avatar
      Australia
      DJ Entries
      How has everyone been? I've been so-so.
      Same old same old.
      The markets have been getting slaughtered so that's been a bit of a buzz kill for me.
      Otherwise I've just been grinding work, and trying to get my life organised. I'm planning on going for a holiday in a few months hopefully.
      Hilary and Lang like this.
      Please feel free to check out my DEILD guide: http://bit.ly/2DOqiyT

Dreamer Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Made Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points
      Zone 10b
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by FryingMan View Post
      My mom had an amazing green thumb. Everything thrived under her care. Orchids (so twitchy! I always kill them eventually! Usually sooner than later), flowers, succulents, anything & everything. Me, I'm lucky if something in a pot will last out a season (hah, season he says, a month is more like it). I've had some success with a few lemon plants grown from self-extracted seeds from store-bought fruit (eastern, Meyer's-like variety), but into the 6th year now and STILL no fruit! I bought a Rosemary plant at nursery this year, so juicy and green and vibrant, and a couple weeks later it has dropped like half its leaves and looks woody and scraggly and sad. That's me with plants. I swear those nurseries hook the plants on some sort of plant-narcotics and they get instant withdrawal once you bring them home and that is an incentive to buy yet more specialized soils and fertilizers. Ugh.

Also bought some hot pepper plants for growing in pots, rare here, and I love hot peppers, what a great way to have a nice crop of peppers I thought. Hah. Well they're not doing anything. There are a total of TWO peppers actually growing now among the 7 plants. Two of which don't even have signs of flowers yet. I'm careful to keep them warm (I live in a cold, not very sunny northern climate) and get maximum sun exposure, never leave them out overnight, etc.
      I think you might want to look into grafting for your lemon trees. I'm not an expert. You might be able to graft orange or other citrus on them, too. But.. uh.. check with an expert I know my sister has blood oranges growing on a wild sour orange tree. See, the wild ones do better in the climate, but you don't really want their fruit (unless you're making wild orange pie!), so you graft other types onto it.

Quote Originally Posted by yuppie11975 View Post
      How has everyone been? I've been so-so.
      Same old same old.
      The markets have been getting slaughtered so that's been a bit of a buzz kill for me.
      Otherwise I've just been grinding work, and trying to get my life organised. I'm planning on going for a holiday in a few months hopefully.
      Hope you have a fun holiday.
      DarkestDarkness and FryingMan like this.
      Check out what's happening on Dream Views:

Tasks of the Season: Autumn '22
      Tasks of the Year: 2022
      Read Along
      Check out my RC prompt background images
      . Build your prospective memory & critical reflective attitude.

Tagger First Class Vivid Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      DJ Entries
      Yesterday I finally managed to make some time for trying out auto-hypnosis again like I'd been meaning to. Middling success, and the middling part of it makes me understand why scripts or pre-recorded guidance are very useful in the context of hypnosis.

I did try to make use of it for lucidity too but unfortunately as I'm a bit ill my sleep last night was very odd and got in the way of any dreaming goals.
      Hilary likes this.
      Suggest new tasks

Singled out from some of my favourite quotes from Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri: "Risks of [Planet] flowering: considerable. But rewards of godhood: who can measure? - Usurper Judaa'Maar: Courage: to question."

Dreamer Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Made Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points
      Zone 10b
      DJ Entries
      Just found out that our principal is changing to a different school. No idea why. A couple of the other teachers who are my friends called me about it. We're all not happy about it and a little worried. To put it simply, it really can't get much better, but it can get a lot, lot worse.

Read Along

Dreamer Achievements:
      Zone 10b
      DJ Entries
      Beyond angry. Pissed off beyond belief. Just stupid shit I have to deal with, spending ALL DAY on this stupid shit.

My kid's doctors office filed to a debt collection agency saying I owe them money. Which I don't. They have no record of debt, everything's been paid for by my ex-husband's insurance. I don't even get a co-pay for them. The doctor's office has no record of even filing to a debt collection agency. And yet I get this bill.

I've received NO BILL from the doctor's office letting me know there's an insurance problem or something that I could resolve (sometimes they enter the numbers wrong). There was NO WARNING of any kind, and now I have to solve this issue within a few days or it's sent to my credit report and destroys my credit.

Calling the debt collection agency was no help - they say I have to provide proof that I owe no money. The insurance company can't give me any info because it's my ex-husband's acct and I'm not the sponsor - he is. And of course the doctor's office can't even give me a date of service - they changed systems and haven't uploaded any of the old info.... Their incompetency is just amazing. Because....

THIS IS THE SECOND TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED!!! With this same doctor's office!!! Last time they ruined my credit score!! I had to dispute it through my credit report company, and took a big hit. Now they're doing it again!

I've already spent HOURS today dealing with this, and still have to call back tomorrow, hopefully will be able to solve it after getting some info from my ex. We'll see. They aren't making it easy.

Suffice to say I've changed my kids' doctors office to a new one. Never going back there. And left them a lovely 1 star review.
      Last edited by Hilary; 06-21-2022 at 07:11 PM.

Read Along

DJ Entries
      Crap like that really sucks, I hope you can get it sorted out with a better outcome than last time. Inefficient and/or incompetent bureaucracy is just draining to deal with...
      Hilary likes this.
      Suggest new tasks

Moderator Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Made Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Huge Dream Journal 10000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal Populated Wall
      LD Count
      WHY DO YOU CARE
      DJ Entries
      Rave: making chicken lasagna... A lot of steps. SUPERSIZE.
      Rant: My hand is tired after Shredding all the cheese!!!
      RANT: I have pictures of fawn, about 3 weeks old? and a video but, I can't find my Computer wired.

today!
      Here:
      With Dreaming you need to start small and work hard grow your lucid dreaming lifestyle...

Dreamer Achievements:
      Zone 10b
      DJ Entries
      Rant: I am very sad right now for Teal Swan. Apparently she was duped into making a documentary with a film crew that she thought was going to be positive. They mislead and deceived her. According to her, they even edited clips from different conversations to make it seem like she said stuff she did not say. And of course thinking they were her friends just to find out they were secretly backstabbing her. All for $$$.

I haven't seen the documentary. I'm not sure I want to watch it. Just sad. She's helped me a ton with her videos and I respect her a lot.

---
      Edit for Sivason: Thanks for the like, Sivason. I know you don't particularly like Teal Swan. I don't know what to think personally. I think her techniques and insight are amazing, but yeah, she did probably do or say some things some things she shouldn't have. Oh well. Turns out she's human too. :p
      Last edited by Hilary; 07-01-2022 at 02:44 PM.
      Sivason and DarkestDarkness like this.

Read Along

Moderator Achievements:
      LD Count
      WHY DO YOU CARE
      DJ Entries
      At 4:20 in the morning, I got stung in the back by a Bee. It felt like a hot burning needle. Took some Diphenhydramine.... Need Ice... The myth that bees and wasps don't sting at night is not true.

today!
      Here:

DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Lang View Post
      At 4:20 in the morning, I got stung in the back by a Bee. It felt like a hot burning needle. Took some Diphenhydramine.... Need Ice... The myth that bees and wasps don't sting at night is not true.
      Ouch...

Rant/mood: Sometimes just wish life was straightforward. So rare that anything feels simple.
      Suggest new tasks

Dreamer Achievements:
      Zone 10b
      DJ Entries
      I'm going on a trip tomorrow. I will be out of town for up to 5 days. It's a board game convention in Orlando. I'm going with a few buddies of mine. It will be fun. I will still log in but I might not have as much time for posting as usual. See you guys when I get back
      Lang and DarkestDarkness like this.

Read Along

Dreamer Achievements:
      Zone 10b
      DJ Entries
      I've been having a lot of fun on my trip at the board game convention. It's so huge! Hundreds of people all playing games.

Tonight I played probably my favorite all time board game: Secret Hitler. We had a full 10 people. In this game 1, person is Hitler, 3 people are fascists who help Hitler, and 6 people are liberals. The liberals don't know who anyone is, Hitler doesn't know who anyone is, but the Fascists all know who everyone is! The fascists are trying to get Hitler elected as Chancellor or pass 6 fascist laws, the liberals are trying either pass 5 liberal laws or kill Hitler. But you can only kill Hitler by passing Fascist laws... It's crazy fun. Anyway, during one game I was a fascist and I did a double misdirection (playing liberal cards on purpose), and I had everyone fooled!! They thought I was liberal and trusted me. Hahaha. That was fun. We won!!

Later I was a liberal and no one believed me... lol.. we still managed to win that one too. It was hard work trying to prove to them I wasn't a bad guy!

It was ridiculously fun and we played for hours.

Read Along

Dreamer Achievements:
      Zone 10b
      DJ Entries
      Having a great summer break so far. I went seaglassing the day before yesterday, and played board games with my usual gang last night On Saturday I'm going to be volunteering at the local board gaming convention. I'm sure I'll get some time to play too, and it will be fun.

What's most exciting to me right now is that I recently signed up to be a volunteer at a pregnancy crisis center. Just to help out however is needed. Also they are going to train me to become a sidewalk advocate. This is someone who stands outside an abortion clinic offering help to anyone who might be on the fence and want that help. Help them to get to the crisis center where they can get the resources they need. It's not a protest thing or anything violent. But lives are saved this way. Honestly I can't think of anything better I could be doing with my free time during summer break.
      Last edited by Hilary; 07-13-2022 at 06:23 PM.
      DarkestDarkness and FryingMan like this.

Read Along

Dreamer Achievements:
      Zone 10b
      DJ Entries
      Happy. I did a lot of dipping shells in muriatic acid today, including my crab shells. Tomorrow I will encase them in epoxy resin.

Pretty soon I will be rocking a pair of crab shell earrings.
      FryingMan and DarkestDarkness like this.

Read Along

Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      everywhere
      I wish i had a washer and dryer at home. I hate having to go to the laundromat. It consumes about 90 mins of my time. I love living alone but sometimes doing everything on my own can be overwhelming especially without a car. That being said i'm enjoying this summer, hot and dry heat. Just hope people converse energy so the lights can stay on.

Dreamer Achievements:
      Zone 10b
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by tropicalbreeze View Post
      I wish i had a washer and dryer at home. I hate having to go to the laundromat. It consumes about 90 mins of my time. I love living alone but sometimes doing everything on my own can be overwhelming especially without a car. That being said i'm enjoying this summer, hot and dry heat. Just hope people converse energy so the lights can stay on.
      You could try making one from a bucket and plunger. That's called a "camping washing machine". It might not work as well, but it could do for clothes that are lightly dirty if you're in a pinch. Then hang clothes to dry. I hang my dresses a lot because the dryer causes pilling. I just use hangers and put them around my room to air dry.

-----------

Man. I did a WBTB and everything. I don't mind not getting lucid. But dang, I didn't even have any recall!! Bah...
      Last edited by Hilary; 07-22-2022 at 03:39 PM.
      DarkestDarkness likes this.

Read Along

Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      everywhere
      I've done handwashing in a sink before. I did find it an okay form of washing for small amounts of clothes that aren't too drenched in sweat. Prior i was lucky to have a washer and dryer right next to me and only had to share it with one or two other people on the property.
      DarkestDarkness and Hilary like this.

Dreamer Achievements:
      Zone 10b
      DJ Entries
      Frustrated. Getting ready to set my crab shells in resin. However, in the process of getting them ready (dipping them in HCl, cleaning them, and drilling them), I've destroyed probably a good 25% of my collection.

Oh well. Almost done.

Read Along

Dreamer Achievements:
      Zone 10b
      DJ Entries
      Did resin coat #2 for my crab shells and baby sand dollars. It really sucks because I got resin all over my hands. Soap does not remove it!!! Showering does nothing! Stickiness that never goes away! Eventually I found the vinegar and dumped it on my arms a bunch of times. That worked.
      DarkestDarkness likes this.

Read Along

DVA Teacher Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Huge Dream Journal Made Friends on DV Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      I feel like I'm living that Twilight Zone episode where the book lover, who survives the holocaust and is left alone in the world with his beloved piles of books, breaks his glasses.

My day work is giving me really high waking awareness, just WAITING for a juice late morning REM cycle to result in glorious lucid dreams, but I just can't seem to sleep past 5 hrs...

It feels like one of those famous deal's with the devil: "OK, you now will be lucid in EVERY dream (Mua ha ha!), thanks for your soul!"
      DarkestDarkness and Hilary like this.
      FryingMan's Unified Theory of Lucid Dreaming: Pay Attention, Reflect, Recall -- Both Day and Night[link]
      FryingMan's Dream Recall Tips -- Awesome Links
      “No amount of security is worth the suffering of a mediocre life chained to a routine that has killed your dreams.”
      "...develop stability in awareness and your dreams will change in extraordinary ways" -- TYoDaS

Dreamer Achievements:
      Zone 10b
      DJ Entries
      Holy ****.

Just found out some my schedule for this upcoming school year. Apparently, they dropped my 6th grade science class (as I expected). Still have my 7th grade class.

What's unexpected? I'm now teaching 8th grade science direct instruction (not co-teaching it).

YIKES. That's a new prep. And it's a tested grade level. Hahahah...... ...
      Last edited by Hilary; 07-28-2022 at 08:10 PM.
      FryingMan likes this.

Read Along

Moderator Achievements:
      LD Count
      WHY DO YOU CARE
      DJ Entries
      I'm in pain. Woke up this morning very sore.

I mean I was dealing with my knee the past week but, This morning my whole body was sore...

today!
      Here:

Page 815 of 818 FirstFirst ... 315 715 765 805 813 814 815 816 817 ... LastLast