• 2 Post By Fantasma
    • 1 Post By Seabatt
    • 1 Post By Lang
    • 1 Post By Jamal9mm
    • 1 Post By Lang
    • 3 Post By Hilary
    • 1 Post By Lang
    • 1 Post By Caradon

Thread: Are you a sleep walker, or sleep talker, or a full blown sleep karate artist?

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Tagger Second Class
      LD Count
      South Carolina
      DJ Entries

Are you a sleep walker, or sleep talker, or a full blown sleep karate artist?

I recently investigated some reasons why I have been sleep fighting, i.e. kicking and punching in my sleep. Turns out there is a condition called REM behavior disorder (RBD). While I am no expert on sleep disorders, it was still interesting to find that so many people have this condition. There are numerous possibilities as to what the cause is, but since myself and my older brother both exhibit these symptoms it might be reasonable to believe the cause might be genetic. The portion of the brain stem that is supposed to receive the neurotransmitter to cause paralysis is being inhibited somehow. At any rate, when i begin sleep talking, it's normally loud enough for my ears to hear...but most times I don't wake up and it becomes my trigger for lucidity. There was one occasion that remember where I was having two conversations at once, one with a dream character and one with my ex ( it was a while back) it was the weirdest experience, and it should not be possible, but it happened. External audio normally will not wake me up as long as it is not too loud. A person whispering to me while I am sleeping will bleed through into my dream, and sometimes change the dream. So... if you experience sleep walking, talking, or start acting like a sleeping Bruce Lee, then you might find this info entertaining. cheers

Sunshine Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Populated Wall Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      100+
      canada, ontario
      DJ Entries
      I'm a sleep talker and sometimes wake up to find my self talking, or I sometimes wake up or my family hears me talking with a deeper voice than usual.

It's pretty cool stuff.
      cwcamp likes this.

Lucid dreams make your dreams come true!!

Moderator Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Made Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Huge Dream Journal 10000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal Populated Wall
      LD Count
      WHY DO YOU CARE
      DJ Entries
      I've been known to "Meow" and sing in my sleep.
      MeohMyoh and cwcamp like this.

Earn your wings! Try out Dream Views'
      Tasks of the Month and Tasks of the Year
      today!
      Here:
      https://www.dreamviews.com/tasks-month-year/
      With Dreaming you need to start small and work hard grow your lucid dreaming lifestyle...
      I'm not just a lucid dream, I'm a Somnonauts!!

“It’s... your conscience. We don’t talk a lot these days.”

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Tagger Second Class
      LD Count
      South Carolina
      DJ Entries
      The last thing I yelled out in my sleep was probably the funniest. I had been reading Dune, and it played out in my dream where Paul Atreides has to put his hand in the box...except the Reverend Mother Gaius Mohiam was giving the test to me...and she screamed at me "put your hand in the box!". And I screamed out, "Listen here creepy lady, I ain't sticking nothing in your box!" It was loud, and awkward....
      sparkley likes this.

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1 year registered
      DJ Entries
      I've been known to sleep move and talk, as reported from siblings. I don't remember a lot of the occurences, but I do remember my sister reporting I was crouched in front of my room's doorway in a creepy way. I was able to walk back to my bed, still unconscious. Scared the living daylights out of her .
      cwcamp and sparkley like this.
      Just a scared old llama on the outside planning to dominate these forums...

Don't you dare defy me!
      Note: I'm big on grammar, you won't see one error coming out of me!

Moderator Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Made Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Huge Dream Journal 10000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal Populated Wall
      LD Count
      WHY DO YOU CARE
      DJ Entries
      My mom said that last night, I came down the stairs and sat near my sister's computer. Apparently, I cried in my sleep.

today!
      Here:
      With Dreaming you need to start small and work hard grow your lucid dreaming lifestyle...

Daydreamer Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made Friends on DV Tagger First Class 1 year registered 1000 Hall Points
      Sweden
      DJ Entries
      Old thread but huh. Anyway. When I was a kid I shared room with my sister and she claimed that I was talkactive in my sleep. She first thought that I was a wake but the things I said apparently didn't make any sense to what she said. What I heard from my roommate when I studied abroad was that I spoke in swedish for quite sometime while dreaming and she thought I wouldn't ever stop. lol. I dreamt that I was guiding people around in my hometown so. xD
      Last edited by Fantasma; 08-04-2018 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Fixed spelling errors
      Dreams and daydreams

On-and-Off Lucid Dreamer Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Referrer Bronze Made Friends on DV 3 years registered
      LD Count
      10+
      Fringe class is where I'm at!
      DJ Entries
      Definitely a sleep talker. I remember when I was sharing a room with my brother he would tell me the stuff I said when I was asleep. It was...interesting, to say the least.
      Lang likes this.
      Known as Jdoggad.

Banned Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 6 months registered

LD Count
      infinity
      New Mexico
      DJ Entries
      I have some strange experiences myself.
      First time I was sleep walking into bathroom and on the way back I wake up my mother to ask her where is my sister, but I don't have a sister.

Second time I was sleep walking around the house searching for something, but the entire time I was seeing everything without able to control my body, it's like I have been possesed by a spirit. I even heard some weird thoughts in my head, "that is not my house; is this a dream, will I be able to fly out of the window;"(thank god he didn't jump out of the window). After a while suddenly, I was able to control my body again.

Moderator Achievements:
      LD Count
      WHY DO YOU CARE
      DJ Entries
      When I was little, she said that I got up and went into her room and stared at her. In college, I sleepwalked to my class across campus. When I woke up, I was in my fully dressed and everything. It was early in the morning in the middle of winter and it a weekend. I had no class that day.
      GordanFreeman likes this.

Moderator Achievements:
      LD Count
      WHY DO YOU CARE
      DJ Entries
      So, I slept walked last night and climbed a tree. How? I don't know.

Banned Achievements:
      1 year registered

LD Count
      1000+
      Quote Originally Posted by Ic161 View Post
      So, I slept walked last night and climbed a tree. How? I don't know.
      Maybe the answer is more paranormal than just sleep walking. Maybe you were possessed by a ghost of dead child. Kids tend to climb on trees when they are afraid.

If you tend to watch anime, there is a cool one, maybe a bit old perhaps. The Ghost Hunt is just for you and everyone else who is interested.

Moderator Achievements:
      LD Count
      WHY DO YOU CARE
      DJ Entries
      Do you mean paranormal entanglement? My neighbor's house is built over a grave. *Shrugs* Ha! Even if any entanglement happened, I would doubt I would remember being possessed by a ghost, I think. I don't think it has anything to do with the being possessed by a ghost. That Also reminds me of a story couple weeks ago where a 2½-year-old girl was found dead in frigid weather outside her home near where I live. Either she woke up, got up and went outside or she was sleepwalking outside and woke up but, she died. Sleepwalking isn't a laughing matter, really. When I was little, I used to climb trees... It's most likely stress was involved in my sleepwalking incident.

This is an old post, but I reply anyway.

I am a full blown sleep karate artist, And I realized this a few years back when I completely massacred my TV.

I was aware of sleep walking and talking and moving objects and what not, but never was it harmful on that scale. Thankfully, I haven't done anything similar ever since.

I always remember what I had done while sleep walking, and it's extremely similar to how you remember your dreams in the morning. It's sort of like a zombie like state, you see but you are not in control.
      Hilary likes this.

Moderator Achievements:
      LD Count
      WHY DO YOU CARE
      DJ Entries
      Yeah, we don't usually encourage the member to bring up old topics unless they are a sticky thread but, since I was the last poster, I guess it might be okay. Hopefully?

My sister was talking in her sleep in real life. This is what she told me. She mummed ABOUT the refrigerator being moved. DJ NOTES HERE: https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/hum...-9-2020-89459/

She just woke up and I told her about what happened. She remembers the refrigerator part and she and questions if she was dreaming part. I guess she did hear me, somehow.
      While that was happening I was putting sugar in the sugar bowl. IRL. I walked over and told her that she was dreaming. Not saying this will work every time.
      She really did question that she was dreaming after I said that to her. She also reported to me about what her dream looks like and everything. Our kitchen looked different. Different flooring and there was a flood on the floor near the refrigerator. No cabinets. The cause of the RBD, was probably a number of things, like sleep deprivation, fever, stress and anxiety. I also explain to her, why everything looked different was because of Dream Logic.... I think my sister understands now about the logic of dreaming too.
      Last edited by Lang; 04-05-2021 at 03:25 AM.
      Hilary likes this.

today!
      Here:

Dreamer Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Made Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points
      Zone 10b
      DJ Entries
      My mother once called 911 while sleeping. She reported that there was a man in the back yard. They asked her what he looked like. "Well. He's really big, and he's blue." In the middle of the conversation, she wakes up. She realizes what she's done, but instead of telling them, she freaks out, thinking she'll get in trouble. They come to the house and she pretends that the man is now gone.

Another time, my mother was staying in a hotel with my aunt Gere. My mother says she woke up hovering over my aunt, who was shivering in complete terror, as my mom had her arms out like a bear about to claw my aunt.

My other aunt, Lois, got a phone call one night while she was sleeping, from a friend. She answered the call, still asleep, and proceeded to tell him that she just had a baby. "But I didn't even know you were pregnant?" "Yes. I just had a baby!"

I have never had sleeping walking incidents, but, I had night terrors from about 19-28 years old. My memories of them are very sketchy. I do remember seeing translucent spiders one time, hanging down from the ceiling, but most of the time, I remember nothing. My ex-husband has reported that I've attacked him, karate style, in bed many times. It got to the point where he knew when one was going to happen, and just immediately pinned me down. One particular time, he said I "commando jumped" (that means somersaulted) out of bed, landed on my back, then crawled on my belly to the french doors of our bedroom, where I then clawed them, all while screaming bloody murder. Ever since then, I've had chronic sciatica.
      DarkestDarkness, Jamal9mm and Lang like this.
      Check out what's happening on Dream Views:

Tasks of the Season: Autumn '22
      Tasks of the Year: 2022
      Read Along
      Check out my RC prompt background images
      . Build your prospective memory & critical reflective attitude.

Moderator Achievements:
      LD Count
      WHY DO YOU CARE
      DJ Entries
      Blue people from both you and your mother?
      -----
      So, this morning, I apparently, came down where I was staying, I was crying. Of course, I have no memory of it..
      Hilary likes this.

today!
      Here:

Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 1 year registered 10000 Hall Points 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Made lots of Friends on DV

Once when I was a kid I went to sleep in the bedroom and woke up on the living room couch with no memory of ever waking up and moving to the couch.

Other than that the only times I've sleep walked, I only remember it happening like maybe three times. I had gone to sleep so drunk that I was unable to wake up to pee, so my body somehow forced me to get up in my sleep and sleep walk to the bathroom. Each time I woke up while standing over the toilet peeing. Both amazing, and lucky, that I was able to find the actual toilet in my sleep and not just pee on the floor into a dream toilet, lol.

One time a friend of mine was sleeping over when it happened, and saw me. He told me that he watched me get up out of the bed, and then start walking into the wall repeatedly bouncing off of it. And then I turn and climbed over a big pile of junk (Because my bedroom at the time was just a corner in the basement. And apparently I started climbing over and forcing my way through a bunch of junk that was piled up on one side of the basement for storage. And from there found my way to the toilet which we had in the basement and had like a wooden stall around it. (Which was already there when we moved into the house.) I woke up while standing over that toilet peeing, with no memory of bouncing off walls or climbing over the storage junk pile, lol.
      Last edited by Caradon; 07-05-2021 at 10:57 AM.
      Lang likes this.