• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Like Tree2Likes
    • 1 Post By Seabatt
    • 1 Post By Seabatt

Thread: Jdoggad's OC Observatory

On-and-Off Lucid Dreamer Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Referrer Bronze Made Friends on DV 3 years registered
      LD Count
      10+
      Fringe class is where I'm at!
      DJ Entries

Jdoggad's OC Observatory

So...I draw a lot. In fact, I draw way too much. I'm always coming up with new characters, creatures, and areas for my fictional series "Sun & Guns". I would like to say I take my time with characters, making their clothing look period and their concepts inspired.

Unfortunately, my phone broke some time ago. And I don't have a means of transferring digital art from one place to another. Maybe I should've started this thread later... Ah, whatever.

One of the characters I've been working on is a boy named Mac "Tufts" Heisinger. A young boy with a huge affinity for mechanics and jet propulsion. He wears a black sweater vest with a loose red shirt, green pants, black-brown boots, a peppermint colored bow-tie, a utility belt, and a pair of aviator goggles. His two biggest accessories are his dual Soda Guns, which look a little more like Old West style revolvers than modern-day Soda Guns, and a giant alcohol barrel strapped to his back, complete with two tubes running from the guns to the barrel.

His name is inspired by James Tufts and Haeusser Heisinger, two of the most influential people behind soda fountain technology, and both inventors. The name "Mac" referrers to the fact that he is the son of a saloon owner.

The alcohol barrel allows him to fly upwards with a stream of ale pouring out of the bottom. As for how he can carry the dang thing, well, I didn't really care about that when designing him. The utility belt he wears on his waist has 8 pockets, where he stores 8 different varieties of flavored syrup. He loads these into the "barrel" of his Soda Guns, giving them a different flavor respectively.
      naturespirit likes this.

Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Referrer Bronze Made Friends on DV 3 years registered
      LD Count
      10+
      DJ Entries
      Now check out my newest (And actually completed) OC. Sir Daniel of Nordinia. Sir Arthur of New Nordinia (1).jpg

What if baseball was introduced to the knights of yore? What if the Nords established a foothold in ye olde America? This. This is what you get.

Hey, I think it's a novel idea, as offballish as it is.
      Attached Images
      naturespirit likes this.

LD Count
      10+
      DJ Entries
      And now for something completely different. A young boy known as the Dragon Kid, born of a monkey and a dragon respectively. His tail acts as a third appendage, and he has the inherently dragon-like ability to breathe fire.

He wears a brown belt with a golden belt buckle, a purple rag he uses as a skirt, and brown boots (I'm thinking of giving him some brown gloves for good measure). His skin color is a nice yellow green. Here are some sketches I have of him.15277393041451415093789.jpg15277396832101117791232.jpgThat turtle is actually his maternal figure known as the Earth Dragon, based on Chinese myth. She was the one who raised him and often assists him whenever he gets into trouble. And being a rambunctious mythical creature, no less a dragon, he is prone to mischief.
      Attached Images
      Last edited by Jdoggad; 05-31-2018 at 05:10 AM.
      Known as Jdoggad.

LD Count
      10+
      DJ Entries
      My sister left me a couple of Copic markers when she moved out of the house, and I've been practicing with them since. I only have a couple drawings of some of the alien creatures I have come up with, the Stavs and the Wraith.

First, the Stavs.IMG_8568.jpg
      APPEARANCE:
      A snake/velociraptor/mole-type creature with a snake-like main body with sharply clawed hands and feet, beady eyes, and a hardened carapace on the top part of its body. Their mouths open like a blooming flower, allowing it to ensnare live prey much easier than other sapient life forms. They have two arms and two legs each, with fierce, unbreakable claws designed for digging at max efficiency. So much so that, until much later in their existence as a species, they have never developed excavation tools better than their own bodies.

BACKGROUND:
      Their planet orbits closely around a dim but highly radioactive star. Due to the near uninhabitable living conditions on the surface of their planet, many creatures, including the Stav, chose to live underground, inhabiting a highly complex series of chasms and cave systems. Because of this, a common Stav moral system, means of governing, and shared technology are pretty much nonexistent. A Stav from one part of the planet is as alien to another as a human is to a Stav. Thus, when one of these factions learned the secrets of space travel, the majority of their people remained trapped on the planet unaware anyone left at all.

And now, the Wraith:IMG_8567.jpg
      APPEARANCE:
      They are, essentially, a billowing black cloud of consciousness. They have no set-in-stone appearance, but typically take the form of a humanoid alien with one white stripe running down their face. A Wraith typically inhabits old, broken down machinery and exosuit remains, but their gaseous body often leaks out from their bodies, fooling absolutely nobody in the process.

BACKGROUND:
      Nobody knows where and how the Wraith came to be, but two theories have arisen. One theory states that they were designed as a weapon of war, as they have the ability to completely screw up exosuit and mech functions, something that seems oddly too specific for a creature out in the wild. The other states that they may have been developed as an alternate form of AI, something that can be salvaged and put into another medium of technology. Neither of these are altogether convincing, but its a start.

An observation of Wraith in the starship White Falcon, a former mining ship, seems to indicate that they have levels of emotion and complex thought, but due to their incorporeal bodies, they can't really do much in their predicament, resorting to trickery and manipulation to have their kicks.
      Known as Jdoggad.

LD Count
      10+
      DJ Entries
      Full body version of a Stav:
      IMG_8580.jpg
      Known as Jdoggad.