As I entered the dream I was aware that I was a bumblebee and I was facing a brightly lit white wall, above which I could see the beginning of a similarly bright white roof.

I wanted to fly and be free but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't move or feel my wings or my little bee legs, it felt like I tried for a long time to no avail.

Every now and then people would walk past me, point, and say things like "Oh, that one's cute!" before pointing elsewhere and saying something similar before moving on.

After a long time of trying, I realised that the only way I was going to get out would be if someone picked me up and took me, but who wants to pick up a bee, right?
I tried as hard as I could to look cute and appealing and even tried to telepathically communicate to anyone who passed by "please, please take me, I want to be free, please!"

Eventually, still in the same old place and just before I woke up, my vision began to fly slowly out of my head like a film camera on rails. It slowly moved out and in front of me and began to circle around until I was looking back upon myself.

I wasn't a regular bee at all. I was a 2D drawing of a bee on the face of a gift card in a newsagency.