11 91.67%
    • Sunday

10 83.33%
    Multiple Choice Poll.
    Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Like Tree515Likes

Thread: Shared Dream Experiment?

Long Time Lucid Explorer Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 3 years registered Tagger First Class Referrer Bronze Populated Wall 1000 Hall Points Huge Dream Journal
      <span class='glow_FF1493'>DawnEye11</span>'s Avatar
      On A Special Star
      DJ Entries
      I think we should give the palace another try before switching. I actually wanna make it there in a dream to see what it feels like. Haha The pond sounds memorable for sure. I'm good with either the pond or the entrance. I recall seeing a map like that too in a video where a tour guide explained that the king throne room is in front of the queen room and the mother's room is behind the queen room. I'm not sure though so im testing my memory in a way. : )

Btw if you upload the pic to imgur and put that link instead the picture will show up bigger and wont be pixelated.
      Last edited by DawnEye11; 04-24-2018 at 11:07 PM.
      lucidbunnie, Nebulus and Jewel like this.
      "Be the best You, you can be...Relax...Listen...Imagine...*Silence*...Zzzzz"

DreamCafe11----DawnEye11
      DreamBuddy-Jadegreen

Member Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal 3 years registered
      LD Count
      ~150
      DJ Entries
      Hi everyone I just want to say sorry I fell out of the loop on this thread. It keeps growing and I don't know if I will ever catch up So I might not be fully participating after all. Maybe next time
      DawnEye11 likes this.

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made Friends on DV 1 year registered 1000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      90ish?
      미합중국
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by DawnEye11 View Post
      Btw if you upload the pic to imgur and put that link instead the picture will show up bigger and wont be pixelated.
      Thanks for the tip! Is that what you do with your dream journal pictures? They always look good. Do I just put the link or add the picture and add through URL?

Quote Originally Posted by Charles3 View Post
      Hi everyone I just want to say sorry I fell out of the loop on this thread. It keeps growing and I don't know if I will ever catch up So I might not be fully participating after all. Maybe next time
      Don't worry about it! Even if you can't participate fully I don't think anyone would object to your joining us every once in a while.
      DawnEye11 likes this.

Made lots of Friends on DV 3 years registered Tagger First Class Referrer Bronze Populated Wall 1000 Hall Points Huge Dream Journal
      On A Special Star
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Charles3 View Post
      I agree with Jewl. Its okay if you want to come once in a while. We haven't really gotten far yet too. I didn't even made it to the palace yet. ^^" so were pretty much on the same level.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel View Post
      Thanks for the tip! Is that what you do with your dream journal pictures? They always look good. Do I just put the link or add the picture and add through URL?
      : ) Your welcome. Yeah, thats what I do with all my journal
      pics. You can upload the image to imgur by adding the original url i think or you can upload the image from your computer. Once its uploaded you than copy the new url. When you click "insert image" on dream views paste that url in the url box.
      Last edited by DawnEye11; 04-26-2018 at 01:10 AM.
      Jewel likes this.

DreamCafe11----DawnEye11
      DreamBuddy-Jadegreen

Trying is fun!

Oh and about the machine, is that a real thing? I think I remember they used one on inception... that would be super cool if someone could make one.
      no its not real thing i just said that if it was to work in some way there would have to be some machine at least that connects.

Shadowalker,come back when you have something important to say. Only those who are quick to judge and don’t know much about the topic end the story that quickly.
      i do have knowledge about this topic that's exactly why i gave myself the right to end the story that quickly.
      Last edited by spellbee2; 04-27-2018 at 04:35 PM.

Administrator Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger Second Class Populated Wall 10000 Hall Points 1000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Like a lot
      Florida
      DJ Entries
      ShadoWalker, your comments are not furthering the discussion in this thread. This thread is for coordinating a shared dreaming experiment, not for arguing whether or not shared dreaming exists. If you want to debate its existence, find a different thread where that kind of discussion is more fitting or start your own. Otherwise, you are just nay-saying people who are actually trying to come to their own conclusions on the matter.

Please review the forum rules, particularly the excerpt below:

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Rules
      IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER WHEN POSTING:
      3. When replying to someone in order to express your differing opinion, show respect and tolerance for that user; if you disagree with him or her, state why. Do not simply denounce the poster and ridicule his or her ideas. Keep in mind he or she likely believes with the same passion as you.

4. Do not jump right in the middle of threads when you have absolutely nothing to contribute. Simply denouncing one's idea and adding nothing more accomplishes nothing.

5. Do yourself a favour and STAY OUT of threads where you know you will not be able to control yourself: for example, if you believe very strongly in God, then for crying out loud stay out of a thread that says "Atheists only." Also, creators of threads should be able to limit a discussion to a particular audience (which should be stated in the title); respect that.
      "Going through life worrying about the little things is like cooking with motor oil instead of cooking oil. Sure, you can still probably pull it off, but it'll leave a bad taste in your mouth in retrospect." - Me, apparently

2015: 101 LDs, 2016: 114 LDs, 2017: 38 LDs, 2018: 20 LDs, 2019: 8 LDs

DreamViews Discord!

Dreaming Bunnies Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Numerous
      Multiple Realities
      DJ Entries
      *gives spellbee2 a cookie* (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

ShadoWalker, as I said before this is an experiment and not a debate. We just want to experiment and draw our own conclusions than just give up on the idea without even trying. In the past people used to think lucid dreaming was impossible, now we know better. This is something we can try as a community. In a way, we are doing this to further develop and understand science behind dreaming.

Anyway, to others in the group. Good luck, I'll be trying meet up this weekend too. So far only Jewel and I made some progress. Let's hope we make more progress this time. Next week we can try some other location. ^^
      DawnEye11, KarlaB18 and Jewel like this.

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      90ish?
      미합중국
      DJ Entries
      Okay then, for this weekend where should we try to meet in the palace? The pond?

Oh, and for meeting places in the future, I was thinking maybe we could also try historical events or fictional places. Surely there are some fictional places with which we are all familiar? I'm fine with trying the pyramids or one of the other places lucidbunnie suggested, but I wanted to share my thought.

Edit - also are we trying a specific time? I can sleep pretty much at any point in the next 36 hours except I want to watch something that is on in about 8 hours. As for my REM cycles it would be best about 12~20 or 26~30 hours after the time of this edit.
      Last edited by Jewel; 04-27-2018 at 08:42 PM.

On A Special Star
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by spellbee2 View Post
      ShadoWalker, your comments are not furthering the discussion in this thread. This thread is for coordinating a shared dreaming experiment, not for arguing whether or not shared dreaming exists. If you want to debate its existence, find a different thread where that kind of discussion is more fitting or start your own. Otherwise, you are just nay-saying people who are actually trying to come to their own conclusions on the matter.

Please review the forum rules, particularly the excerpt below:
      Thankyou Spellbee~Hopefully shadowalker will finally understand why his comment wasn't necessary after he reads your post.

Quote Originally Posted by lucidbunnie View Post
      *gives spellbee2 a cookie* (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

ShadoWalker, as I said before this is an experiment and not a debate. We just want to experiment and draw our own conclusions than just give up on the idea without even trying. In the past people used to think lucid dreaming was impossible, now we know better. This is something we can try as a community. In a way, we are doing this to further develop and understand science behind dreaming.

Anyway, to others in the group. Good luck, I'll be trying meet up this weekend too. So far only Jewel and I made some progress. Let's hope we make more progress this time. Next week we can try some other location. ^^
      Exactly~ The sad part is that i think this was mentioned earlier and he still didn't get it. Thanks~ I hope I actually make it this time. :3

Okay then, for this weekend where should we try to meet in the palace? The pond?

Oh, and for meeting places in the future, I was thinking maybe we could also try historical events or fictional places. Surely there are some fictional places with which we are all familiar? I'm fine with trying the pyramids or one of the other places lucidbunnie suggested, but I wanted to share my thought.

Edit - also are we trying a specific time? I can sleep pretty much at any point in the next 36 hours except I want to watch something that is on in about 8 hours. As for my REM cycles it would be best about 12~20 or 26~30 hours after the time of this edit.
      I think I should go for a place that's simple now that I think about it so I think I'm gonna go for the entrance where the king's throne is. I think thats where they have the stones with ranks. Fictional places are a good idea too. Lets come up with a list next week. im not sure about timing either yet.
      KarlaB18 and Jewel like this.

DreamCafe11----DawnEye11
      DreamBuddy-Jadegreen

On A Special Star
      DJ Entries

I'm not sure what places you guys picked but I'm going to try here for tonight and see what happens.
      Last edited by DawnEye11; 04-28-2018 at 03:36 AM.
      oneironautics and Jewel like this.

DreamCafe11----DawnEye11
      DreamBuddy-Jadegreen

1000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Numerous
      Multiple Realities
      DJ Entries
      I reached entrance of Gyeongbokgung Palace again but this time fully lucid, but I was unable to enter through the archway like last time. The dream kept destabilizing. I gave up after few dream chaining attempts. I met couple of people outside, but none seemed to stand out. No features that caught my attention. Few were in hanbok I guess. I'm not sure I think we should try to start at the entrance or the entrance courtyard. We can go to other spots to look for others or just to explore. I'll be hanging around the entrance for tomorrow too. As much as I want to go exploring I want shared dreaming experiment to get some results too. ^^'
      DawnEye11, oneironautics and Jewel like this.

On A Special Star
      DJ Entries
      Okay. The entrance it is. My dreams seemed to be bombarded with lots of distractions that prevented me from getting to the place i wanted to but hopefully i can get fully lucid this time. Great job at making it there again though lucidbunnie. I honestly wonder why my intents aren't working and why even reading about the palace doesn't help. When i put attention to other things they show up but when it comes to the palace its like it doesn't matter.
      oneironautics and Jewel like this.

DreamCafe11----DawnEye11
      DreamBuddy-Jadegreen

LD Count
      Numerous
      Multiple Realities
      DJ Entries
      Okay. The entrance it is. My dreams seemed to be bombarded with lots of distractions that prevented me from getting to the place i wanted to but hopefully i can get fully lucid this time. Great job at making it there again though lucidbunnie. I honestly wonder why my intents aren't working and why even reading about the palace doesn't help. When i put attention to other things they show up but when it comes to the palace its like it doesn't matter.
      No problem, maybe you'll have better luck with a new location next week. In the mean time let's keep trying. ≧◡≦
      DawnEye11 and Jewel like this.

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      90ish?
      미합중국
      DJ Entries
      Okay. The entrance it is. My dreams seemed to be bombarded with lots of distractions that prevented me from getting to the place
      saaammmee haha.

Good that we will keep trying I will see you guys at the entrance
      DawnEye11 likes this.

On A Special Star
      DJ Entries
      Going to sleep now. I hope i get fully lucid this time. >. <

DreamCafe11----DawnEye11
      DreamBuddy-Jadegreen

LD Count
      Numerous
      Multiple Realities
      DJ Entries
      No lucidity for me on Sunday, I didn't get to sleep. What's our next location? I'll drop in on the palace now and then if I can even if it's not our primary location next week. ^^
      DawnEye11 likes this.

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      90ish?
      미합중국
      DJ Entries
      Okay, I did get to the palace again I think, but I don't really remember much of anything. I wasn't lucid either, so that didn't help.

No lucidity for me on Sunday, I didn't get to sleep. What's our next location? I'll drop in on the palace now and then if I can even if it's not our primary location next week. ^^
      Okay so as far as I can tell our ideas for the next location are:

1. Pyramid of Giza
      2. Another famous place that you posted (I like the natural places better but that could also make it harder to find each other)
      3. A historical event/place (I can't think of an excellent example but like ancient Rome, except we would need to be more specific)
      4. A fictional place (This might be the easiest one if we can come up with a good spot we all know. I'm sorry I don't really watch anime since that might be the easiest for some of you guys)

I don't know what we'll do but I guess we have a week to figure it out.
      DawnEye11 and lucidbunnie like this.

On A Special Star
      DJ Entries
      I didn't do so well with the palace Im still interested in the pyramid of giza but if were doing ancient rome we could do the colloseum.(xD wouldn't be my first choice though) For a fictional place all I can think of is Atlantis or we can do a zelda ocarina place since were all familiar with that game I think.
      Jewel likes this.

DreamCafe11----DawnEye11
      DreamBuddy-Jadegreen

LD Count
      Numerous
      Multiple Realities
      DJ Entries
      I'm familiar with Zelda games. It's been so long since I played Ocarina of Time though.

Just putting my idea out there. If any of you have read or watched Harry Potter, maybe we can meet up at Hogwarts. ^^'
      DawnEye11 and Jewel like this.

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      90ish?
      미합중국
      DJ Entries
      I didn't do so well with the palace Im still interested in the pyramid of giza but if were doing ancient rome we could do the colloseum.(xD wouldn't be my first choice though) For a fictional place all I can think of is Atlantis or we can do a zelda ocarina place since were all familiar with that game I think.
      Okay, how about we do the pyramid this time, and then we can do a fictional place next.

Ooh Zelda sounds fun! I'd be super down for Lon Lon Ranch or Kakariko Village. Actually, I might have to try and visit there even if we don't do it for the experiment.

I'm familiar with Zelda games. It's been so long since I played Ocarina of Time though.

Just putting my idea out there. If any of you have read or watched Harry Potter, maybe we can meet up at Hogwarts. ^^'
      Harry Potter is a good one. I've read the books. Hogwarts sounds interesting for sure! That might be a place that everyone that posted in this thread has heard of.
      DawnEye11 and lucidbunnie like this.

On A Special Star
      DJ Entries
      I haven't played in a long time either. Im not really familiar with hogwarts but I can look at some pictures. It might be epic to have a dream there. Its okay if you guys wanna do fictional first. Kakariko village is where you find the skeleton face spider in the well I think and where the shadow temple entrance is.xD Minus the creepy parts to it I like that choice, especially lon lon ranch where you get Epona. But im good with doing Hogwarts if thats what you guys want too. I recall watching the first movie and the third I think when I was younger.
      lucidbunnie and Jewel like this.

DreamCafe11----DawnEye11
      DreamBuddy-Jadegreen

Banned Achievements:
      1 year registered Made Friends on DV Created Dream Journal

LD Count
      ~300
      Between this World and Real World
      DJ Entries
      I haven't played in a long time either. Im not really familiar with hogwarts but I can look at some pictures. It might be epic to have a dream there. Its okay if you guys wanna do fictional first. Kakariko village is where you find the skeleton face spider in the well I think and where the shadow temple entrance is.xD Minus the creepy parts to it I like that choice, especially lon lon ranch where you get Epona. But im good with doing Hogwarts if thats what you guys want too. I recall watching the first movie and the third I think when I was younger.
      But I wonder for one thing, how are you gonna recognize each other in the dream? Do all of you have a special password or something?
      DawnEye11, Jewel, UT99bot and 3 others like this.

On A Special Star
      DJ Entries
      We were planning on recognizing each other by getting the other dreamer's attention somehow. Whether that be through our symbols or a conversation.Don't think the symbols helped at all though. Just because were talking about it now, I'm going to reveal my first symbol. It was supposed to be a white horse.
      Last edited by DawnEye11; 04-30-2018 at 02:59 AM.
      RealityShifter likes this.

DreamCafe11----DawnEye11
      DreamBuddy-Jadegreen

Banned Achievements:
      1 year registered Made Friends on DV Created Dream Journal

LD Count
      ~300
      Between this World and Real World
      DJ Entries
      We were planning on recognizing each other by getting the other dreamer's attention somehow. Whether that be through our symbols or a conversation.Don't think the symbols helped at all though. Just because were talking about it now, I'm going to reveal my first symbol. It was supposed to be a white horse.
      I hope you don't know each other symbols beforehand, because your sub is going to fake them. I wonder in how many hours from now you are falling asleep, my clock now show 5:10am(don't ask me why I am still awake )
      Last edited by RealityShifter; 04-30-2018 at 03:16 AM.
      DawnEye11, Jewel, UT99bot and 3 others like this.

On A Special Star
      DJ Entries
      Were not looking for our own and we dont know eachother's symbols for that very reason. Its around 10pm for me now and i'm about to go to sleep. Lol xD That is late.
      RealityShifter likes this.

DreamCafe11----DawnEye11
      DreamBuddy-Jadegreen

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast