• 3 Post By dolphin
    • 2 Post By Durza
    • 3 Post By naturespirit
    • 3 Post By Yumnش
    • 1 Post By slash112
    • 1 Post By Lang

Thread: Lar Intro

Death Wraith Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Referrer Bronze Vivid Dream Journal 3 years registered 1000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      Hades
      DJ Entries

Post Lar Intro

Hi,
      So I am Leifur, and I am 15. I hail for the northern reaches of Colorado, and started lucid dreaming about a month ago. Over the course of 10 years, I had a few instances when I told myself I should lucid dream, but I didn't do to much. Then, last month, my sister got a lucid dreaming book and I read it. Now I am super into lucid dreaming. I've been doing everything I can think of, trying lots of techniques, and keeping a spreadsheet with all sorts of data. So far lucidity while dreaming has eluded me, but every night I go to bed with my hopes held high! I am into lucid dreaming and robotics. Also, my sister lost interest in lucid dreaming quickly, (how on earth did that happen?) and so I am looking for someone to talk to about lucid dreaming and chat about that sorta stuff, as well as how to do it better. Basically, I want to lucid dream crazy bad, and right now, its my life.
      Jewel, KarlaB18, gab and 3 others like this.

Ex Tech Admin Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Populated Wall Referrer Gold Made lots of Friends on DV
      Sunny Scotland
      DJ Entries
      Hey Leifur! Welcome to DV!

You've certainly found the right place. Don't hesitate to start threads, whether you want to ask a question or simply start a discussion about something.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here and gain fruitful knowledge

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made Friends on DV 1 year registered 1000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      90ish?
      미합중국
      DJ Entries
      Hi! We live kind of close to each other.

Leifur is a cool name! Do you mind if I ask where your ancestors are from?

I've found the people on Dream Views to be really nice and welcoming. I am sure you will have a lucid dream soon. Keep working on it! I was about your age when I had my first lucid dream.
      slash112, gab and Durza like this.

Member Achievements:
      Tagger Second Class Vivid Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      the Pacific Ocean
      DJ Entries
      Durza!

Have you considered seriously trying DEILD as a technique? I think DEILD is often overlooked by beginners, even though it is probably one of the best techniques for them. Not only is DEILD much less time consuming compared to DILD, but the memory aspect of DEILD is much simpler than it is for DILD. The memory aspect is the most difficult part of becoming lucid. The memory aspect of DEILD mostly revolves around being motivated to do the technique, whereas the memory aspect of DILD mostly revolves around getting dream signs to trigger thoughts of dreaming.

Sure, the falling/staying asleep aspect is more difficult for DEILD than DILD, but falling/staying asleep during DEILD can still be easier than getting dream signs to trigger thoughts of dreaming for DILD. Because of this, I think DEILD would often be a faster way to induce lucid dreams than DILD, especially if DILD is a struggle.
      slash112, gab and Durza like this.

Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Referrer Bronze Vivid Dream Journal 3 years registered 1000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      Hades
      DJ Entries
      Dolphin,
      Hi, thanks. Yeah, I totally agree with you that a DEILD is way easier then a DILD. I do about 7 RC on average a day, but I don't feel like I am going to notice I am dreaming, DILD doesn't agree with me. I have tried DEILD once, and will try it again tonight if I remember. I don't like to set alarms and have them wake me up, because then I ALWAYS forget my dream. Alarm goes off, and poof, my memory of the dream is gone. Instead I like to do it naturally, and since staring my lucid stuff, I wake up three or four times in the night, which is really helpful for techniques like DEILD and FILD. So yeah, thanks, I probrobly wasn't going to try DEILD again for a while, but I will now work on rembering to do either it or a FILD when I wake up in the middle of the night. Thanks!

Hi Jewel! That's fine, I'm American, and my sister did some genealogy stuff, and we are supposedly related to Queen Victoria, and have little German blood, but mostly just English. My parents named us all cool things, mine is from Leif Erikson the Viking. Yes, I can't wait for that to happen. If I get good at lucid dreaming how many times could I do it, like every night? Or every other night? Or what? What is average for people? Thanks!

Hi Slash112, thanks! DV looks like a great place for me, and I am much excited!
      Last edited by gab; 05-04-2018 at 12:31 AM. Reason: merged 3 posts
      dolphin and slash112 like this.

Intrepid Explorer Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points 3 years registered
      LD Count
      ~312
      DJ Entries
      Enjoy your stay at Dream Views!
      I love making spreadsheets of my progress too!
      Durza, slash112 and gab like this.
      Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

Member Achievements:
      Vivid Dream Journal Tagger First Class Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Durza View Post
      Hi Jewel! That's fine, I'm American, and my sister did some genealogy stuff, and we are supposedly related to Queen Victoria, and have little German blood, but mostly just English. My parents named us all cool things, mine is from Leif Erikson the Viking. Yes, I can't wait for that to happen. If I get good at lucid dreaming how many times could I do it, like every night? Or every other night? Or what? What is average for people? Thanks!
      Welcome Leifur, 15 is a great age to start this path. I started at the same age too. The possibilities are endless once you become adapted to that world. Lucid dreaming will change you in many ways. What you are capable from here on out is up to you. Best of luck to your development.
      Durza, slash112 and gab like this.
      DILD: 342| WILD: 13 | DEILD: 10 | FILD: 2 | MILD: 13 | OBE: 6 |

Ex Tech Admin Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Populated Wall Referrer Gold Made lots of Friends on DV
      Sunny Scotland
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Durza View Post
      If I get good at lucid dreaming how many times could I do it, like every night? Or every other night? Or what? What is average for people?
      Average is difficult to say. Different people have widely different levels of success.

But I know several people who lucid dream all the time. Like 5-6 lucids a night.

The basic idea is, you can achieve as much lucidity as you want, you are the one in power.
      Some people find it more difficult than others to unlock that power, but it is always there within you.
      That is the attitude of an "omnilucid" person, and the attitude is exactly what gets them lucid in the first place.

Whatever technique you do, I recommend you also work with your beliefs. We're all programmed to not believe in ourselves. We're programmed to think we can't achieve great things. But we can, you just gotta know it in your heart as true.
      Last edited by slash112; 04-26-2018 at 07:34 AM.
      Durza likes this.

LD Count
      Hades
      DJ Entries
      Yumn, thanks, that sounds awesome. Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by slash112 View Post
      Average is difficult to say. Different people have widely different levels of success.

But I know several people who lucid dream all the time. Like 5-6 lucids a night.

The basic idea is, you can achieve as much lucidity as you want, you are the one in power.
      Some people find it more difficult than others to unlock that power, but it is always there within you.
      That is the attitude of an "omnilucid" person, and the attitude is exactly what gets them lucid in the first place.

Whatever technique you do, I recommend you also work with your beliefs. We're all programmed to not believe in ourselves. We're programmed to think we can't achieve great things. But we can, you just gotta know it in your heart as true.
      Okay, I'll definitely keep an open attitude to the possibilities. I feel like if I were lucid I would believe anything could happen and therefore it would. Could that be true. I feel like I have enough will-power, that if I were lucid I could do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by naturespirit View Post
      Enjoy your stay at Dream Views!
      I love making spreadsheets of my progress too!
      Thanks, would you mind showing me how you work your spreadsheet, I am always looking to improve mine, and would love the chance to improve its design with new ideas.
      Last edited by gab; 05-04-2018 at 12:32 AM. Reason: merged 3 posts

Moderator Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Made Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Huge Dream Journal 10000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal Populated Wall
      LD Count
      WHY DO YOU CARE
      DJ Entries
      Welcome!
      Durza likes this.