• 3 Post By oolally
    • 3 Post By ZAD
    • 1 Post By Dreamerzz

Thread: It works!! My most reliable lucid dreaming method

Lucid Dreamer Achievements:
      3 years registered Tagger Second Class 1000 Hall Points
      London

Cool It works!! My most reliable lucid dreaming method

Hi! I'm back again after a long time. Been away from lucid dreaming for quite a while but recently decided I wanted to get back to it. After a long ass break from lucid dreaming, I have had a lucid within only a few days! This method (for me) is foolproof and produces hyper-realistic lucid dreams... Here's my method: (basically DEILD but with some specific details)

The Method:

1. Go to bed ideally before 12 and set an alarm for 5 hours ahead. Go to sleep with the intention to recall your dreams on waking.
      2. Wake up to the alarm clock. Stay up for as long as your usual WBTB time would be (doesn't really matter, but not too long/short!).
      3. Go to sleep with a strong intention that the next time you wake up, you'll stay completely still. As soon as you are exiting a dream, visualise yourself rolling out of bed, moving your arm, swimming, or any other physical activity. If there is movement - go with it. If not, relax and pretend to relax back into sleep. Often you'll find you'll begin the transition into a lucid dream (I experience WILD vibrations etc). If it's not working, I find that the relaxation part is key here, really feel yourself sinking into the pillow and you'll be surprised how quickly the transition begins. If nothing seems to be happening, go back to sleep and try again when you wake up next.
      4. Repeat this for each time you wake up.

Some important points:

DREAM RECALL
      The main technique is essentially a DEILD, but I find it is really important to have high dream recall. This increases general dream awareness and it's then easier to catch the crucial moment of waking up from a dream.

ATTEMPT ONLY 2-3 TIMES A WEEK
      - DEILD attempts can be exhausting (especially when they are unsuccessful!). Attempting this method every night can have a negative effect on motivation.
      - This method is most effective for me if I have 4 nights of only dream recall (eg. Monday - Thursday with no lucid dreaming attempts at all) and then 2/3 nights of attempts (Friday - Sunday). This ensures that my dream recall is high, my expectation to lucid dream is higher on the days I do make an attempt and my motivation is not negatively effected.
      Weirdly, if I completely ignore anything to do with lucid dreaming on my 'days off', it increases the likelihood of a successful lucid dream when I make the attempts on my 'on days'.

This method is ideal for catching false awakenings it also gives me hyper-realistic lucid dreams - to the extent that dream control is difficult for me, just because the dream environment is so realistic. Also, meditating with eyes open in a lucid dream really helps with stabilisation and increasing the realism.

Let me know what you think or if this method has worked for you!
      Last edited by Dreamerzz; 01-19-2019 at 06:01 PM.
      anti_nation, zelcrow and ZAD like this.

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class Huge Dream Journal Tagger Second Class Created Dream Journal 25000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      USA
      DJ Entries
      Hey Dreamerzz, thanks for sharing your induction method! I'm going to give it a try at some point and I'll let you know how it goes.
      Dreamerzz likes this.
      Dreams are real while they last. Can we say more of life? - Havelock Ellis

ZAD
      Randolph Carter Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Tagger Second Class 3 years registered
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Dreamerzz View Post
      Also, meditating with eyes open in a lucid dream really helps with stabilisation and increasing the realism.
      I'm curious, do you perform a specific type of meditation here? Such as focusing on one aspect of the dream, or keeping your thoughts empty? I've tried focusing intently on an object in a lucid before and that definitely helped.
      Dreamerzz likes this.
      Dreaming Goals:
      Cultivate a successful dream incubation technique
      Explore high level lucids with supplements
      Tune up my daily brain chemistry naturally
      Go information hunting in my dreams and bring back music/art/ideas into my waking life
      LD Frequency:
      About 8 per month

Member Achievements:
      Made Friends on DV
      LD Count
      Yorkshire
      Quote Originally Posted by ZAD View Post
      I've tried focusing intently on an object in a lucid before and that definitely helped.
      It's funny isn't it how for some people that seems to wake them up and others it helps stabilise. It really is a very personalised journey to LD land.
      ZAD, Darkmatters and Dreamerzz like this.

ZAD
      Randolph Carter Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Tagger Second Class 3 years registered
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by oolally View Post
      It's funny isn't it how for some people that seems to wake them up and others it helps stabilise. It really is a very personalised journey to LD land.
      It really is strange, the differences from person to person. I find the same thing about spinning actually. While it helps some to stabilize, it always transports me to another scene or wakes me up.
      oolally, Dreamerzz and Lang like this.
      Dreaming Goals:
      Cultivate a successful dream incubation technique
      Explore high level lucids with supplements
      Tune up my daily brain chemistry naturally
      Go information hunting in my dreams and bring back music/art/ideas into my waking life
      LD Frequency:
      About 8 per month

Lucid Dreamer Achievements:
      3 years registered Tagger Second Class 1000 Hall Points
      London
      Quote Originally Posted by ZAD View Post
      I'm curious, do you perform a specific type of meditation here? Such as focusing on one aspect of the dream, or keeping your thoughts empty? I've tried focusing intently on an object in a lucid before and that definitely helped.
      I find an open awareness style meditation works best. Just feeling the realness of everything in the dream, sights, sounds, touch etc.
      ZAD likes this.