• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Like Tree2Likes
    • 2 Post By ZenLD

Thread: Hello my lovely dreamers

Member Achievements:
      Made Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal Tagger Second Class 3 years registered
      LD Count
      about 447?
      DJ Entries

Hello my lovely dreamers

Hello there my beautiful LDers, Zen here. I have lurked this site for quite a while now, and decided to finally put myself out there. I kept getting repeated urges, or nudges from my subconscious or something during meditation to sign up for this site to improve my LD. Also had some questions too. But I just pushed it aside but it kept coming back so I am here, on ma phone so forgive me if anythings unclear.

I've began practicing LD around 2017 fall/winter I believe, so it should be a little over a year now. I've taken breaks for a while (maybe half a year) and tried in little bursts however last month I decided to go full throttle. I've had about 1-2 LD every 2 months during the breaks and I just... Really wanted more.

I think the reason I quit the first time was due to DJ, I started to recall 11+ dreams a night and woke up each time. They weren't lucid and I was exhausted... You know? I kept DJ but my subconscious felt it too and recall dampened over time. I kept going at it though, even trying polyphasic (uberman) sleep schedule just for LD. It worked actually but... You'd know why I quit if you tried uberman.

I tried really hard. Not even try, instead I practiced really hard the past month. I read many tutorials and I practiced MILD and ADA/mindfulness. I got 4 lucid in 7 days, 6/7 if you count the lucid moments. But after the initial success I had a dry spell, a few lucids about a week apart, then 4 in the past 3 days (were all WILD even though i didn't practice it). Tried asking the dream to "make me always lucid in every dream" (read something like this in skippers post) in my last LD. Mindfulness was also good, it helped me see how the train of thoughts is likened to the chain of events in the dream.

My current goal is omnilucidity, so I can perform some experiments there, create worlds, talk to my subconscious to improve myself, practice stuff related to waking life and meditate in dream etc, ...

Ld count was about 30 last month, now getting close to 50 now.

Right now I feel that I'm at the cusp, just about to grasp something right there, if i can just reach a little further and grab it, I'll be able to get LD daily. I'm going to post a few questions and maybe ideas and techniques to help myself and others who might read it.

Thanks love ya bye
      Lang and zelcrow like this.

Moderator Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Made Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Huge Dream Journal 10000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal Populated Wall
      LD Count
      WHY DO YOU CARE
      DJ Entries
      Well, you are in the right place. Welcome to the forum.

Member Achievements:
      Made Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal Tagger Second Class 3 years registered
      LD Count
      about 447?
      DJ Entries
      Thanks I'll be in care

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class Huge Dream Journal Tagger Second Class Created Dream Journal 25000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      USA
      DJ Entries
      Hey, welcome to Dreamviews, ZenLD! It sounds like you're doing a great job at increasing your LD frequency. I've had a similar experience with having a burst of LDs and then it dropping off a bit.
      Dreams are real while they last. Can we say more of life? - Havelock Ellis

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      about 447?
      DJ Entries
      O hello zelrow. Yeah my initial bursts might be from increased enthusiasm that dropped off midway. I had two more bursts right as I felt like giving up. I'm gonna keep it up so it bursts daily

Member Achievements:
      Made Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      20+
      Welcome, ZenLD!
      Congrats on your progress. Do you wake up during the night?

DH
      Last edited by DixonHill; 03-23-2019 at 04:02 PM.
      «The trick is to combine your waking rational abilities with the infinite possibilities of your dreams.
      Because, if you can do that, you can do anything».
      - Waking Life

My Adventures.

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      about 447?
      DJ Entries
      Hey DH, yeah I wake up multiple times a night. Usually after each dream. But not sure if it's good. Don't need to wbtb but sometimes if I DJ during the night I have trouble falling asleep (happened last night). Im still experimenting atm but just repaying the previous dream really quickly seem to work and be better for sleep.