• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Like Tree6Likes
    • 2 Post By Hukif
    • 1 Post By Legkicker
    • 2 Post By Azaleaj
    • 1 Post By dolphin

Thread: Any upcoming contests?

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal Referrer Bronze 1000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      304 since 6/16
      Oregon, USA
      DJ Entries

Any upcoming contests?

I was wondering if anyone is planning on having any upcoming LD competitions?

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Vivid Dream Journal
      LD Count
      México
      DJ Entries
      There is the Task of the Month, the Task of the Year and all that. Or do you mean like the ones under season? I think you can ask under lucid tasks, maybe you could even host one.
      Legkicker and Azaleaj like this.

Member Achievements:
      Made Friends on DV 1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      That would be cool to participate in, I listened to the old podcasts and was sad that I couldn't find any up to date contests like they referred to. If you hosted one that would be awesome, and it would help bring people together a bit more. Perhaps have teams compete or something? I don't know how they used to structure it. Anyway, I'm all for it
      Azaleaj likes this.

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal Referrer Bronze 1000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      304 since 6/16
      Oregon, USA
      DJ Entries
      I’m interested in hosting one. I’m not very computer savvy, I just work from an iPad so I wonder if that would be sufficient. Let me check with admins and see if there are any special instructions for how to go about it.
      Legkicker and dolphin like this.

Member Achievements:
      Tagger Second Class Vivid Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      the Pacific Ocean
      DJ Entries
      I'm a moderator in the Lucid Challenges sub-section where the competitions are held. I've co-hosted competitions before and I'm willing to co-host one with you, if you like. Working from an iPad should be sufficient to host a competition.

As for the process to host one, before the completion, a competition sign-up thread, a competition thread, and the Google Sheets page is formed.

The competition sign-up thread is the place where people sign up for the competition. This thread is posted a week or so before the competition. Example: https://www.dreamviews.com/lucid-cha...-sign-ups.html

The competition thread is where the competition itself takes place. This thread is posted a couple of days before the competition. Example: https://www.dreamviews.com/lucid-cha...on-2018-a.html

I can copy and paste the initial post in the competition thread, send it to you, and you or we can make the necessary changes.

The competition thread has a link to the Google Sheets page, a convenient free online page where the hosts input the scores and competitors can view them. I can create a page like this and send you a link that will allow you to edit it and input scores.

Member Achievements:
      Tagger Second Class Vivid Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      the Pacific Ocean
      DJ Entries
      I'm hosting a competition. Here's a link to the signup page: July Competition Signups

Azaleaj, you're free to co-host with me if you like. Just send me a PM if you're interested.
      zelcrow likes this.