• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Like Tree132Likes

Thread: Reality Check Moments

Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 1 year registered 10000 Hall Points 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Made lots of Friends on DV

News article: "Crowds gather to see the arrival of worlds largest shipping containers." Lol. Where do I get tickets for that exciting event. Ooooh look at those big containers whoa. Throw a party.

That would be a reality check moment to randomly come across a crowd of people staring at a giant container in awe. LMAO
      Hilary likes this.

Dreamer Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Made Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points
      Zone 10b
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Caradon View Post
      News article: "Crowds gather to see the arrival of worlds largest shipping containers." Lol. Where do I get tickets for that exciting event. Ooooh look at those big containers whoa. Throw a party.

That would be a reality check moment to randomly come across a crowd of people staring at a giant container in awe. LMAO
      I heard that they can make little houses out of those things. Wouldn't that be kind of neat?
      Caradon likes this.

Moderator Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Made Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Huge Dream Journal 10000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal Populated Wall
      LD Count
      WHY DO YOU CARE
      DJ Entries
      I just got a new computer, well its small... Let me put it lightly, I feel like a giant while using it... Don't laugh!!! My mom got IT for me a while ago AND it just came in the mail... It feels like my fingers are bigger than the keys or fatter than they really are.... Totally worth a RC OR TWO.
      Last edited by Lang; 06-15-2020 at 11:17 PM.
      Caradon likes this.

Earn your wings! Try out Dream Views'
      Tasks of the Month and Tasks of the Year
      today!
      Here:
      https://www.dreamviews.com/tasks-month-year/
      With Dreaming you need to start small and work hard grow your lucid dreaming lifestyle...
      I'm not just a lucid dream, I'm a Somnonauts!!

“It’s... your conscience. We don’t talk a lot these days.”

Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 1 year registered 10000 Hall Points 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Made lots of Friends on DV

Lol. Cool at least it's working...

Turns out the shipping container article was headlined wrong. It wasn't the biggest containers, it was the biggest shipping container carrier that all the fuss was about. So not quite as silly as it sounded. Crowds gather to see largest containers lol. Was just about a big boat. Still seems odd and not a big enough deal to be news worthy.

Moderator Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Made Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Huge Dream Journal 10000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal Populated Wall
      LD Count
      WHY DO YOU CARE
      DJ Entries
      By the way, things in a dream that looks bigger or smaller than they actually are, is one of my Dream signs. My mom has no idea that this caused me to have a lucid dream that dealt with distortion like that. The action of working on a small computer caused me have a dream about this very thing that made me realized I'm dreaming. The computer was huge instead of being small.
      Last edited by Lang; 06-16-2020 at 05:48 PM.
      Caradon and Hilary like this.

today!
      Here:
      With Dreaming you need to start small and work hard grow your lucid dreaming lifestyle...

Member Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Lang View Post
      By the way, things in a dream that looks bigger or smaller than they actually are, is one of my Dream signs. My mom has no idea that this caused me to have a lucid dream that dealt with distortion like that. The action of working on a small computer caused me have a dream about this very thing that made me realized I'm dreaming. The computer was huge instead of being small.
      That's awesome...

I saw a big black ant crawling across my floor. I crouched over to get a closer look at it and the ant stood up on it's hind legs looked up at me and waved. Well, it looked like it waved anyways, with it's little ant arms lol.
      Hilary, Lang and krikkitbot like this.

Member Achievements:

You know you must have been in the house alone for too long when you amuse yourself by changing your Yahoo user name to Flanders and start leaving silly stupid comments on every news article you see about french fries and how getting more french fries is the most important thing in life. I started doing that after the article about the police officer who was crying because of McDonalds. And how I would want to cry too if I got my french fries cold. Then realized how much I really wanted some french fries lol. So lets all forget about all the stupid shit in the world and focus on the one thing that is really important, getting some more french fries!

Sounds like I'll be back to work again starting July first.
      Last edited by Caradon; 06-19-2020 at 05:25 PM.
      Hilary likes this.

Member Achievements:

Ha and I got 37 likes so far on my comment on the round bellies article where it says it's normal to have a round belly and you should love your round belly. I say. " I only love my round belly when it's full of french freis!" ha ha.
      Hilary and Lang like this.

Dreamer Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Made Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points
      Zone 10b
      DJ Entries
      Sounds like I'll be back to work again starting July first.
      Just in time, apparently . . . You need it!

(and thank you for the laugh)
      Caradon likes this.

Moderator Achievements:
      LD Count
      WHY DO YOU CARE
      DJ Entries
      Back in Feb of the year, we had to get a new freezer, the freezer WAS broken, so went out to look at it and the person who was selling the Freezer was a chap from England, he looked like Paul McCartney's Doppelgänger, or clone. He said that he was going back to England later on that week but, it was one of those moments where you really needed to do an RC.
      Last edited by Lang; 06-22-2020 at 03:23 AM.
      Caradon likes this.

today!
      Here:

Dreamer Achievements:
      Zone 10b
      DJ Entries
      I was on backyard porch listening to my audiobook on lucid dreaming, when I noticed a swarm appear of hundreds of insects. I go outside to see them, and realize they're bees. I've never seen so many bees.
      Caradon likes this.

Member Achievements:

So yesterday I was further amusing myself with the whole French fry thing on yahoo. And I changed my yahoo name to Frenchfryguy. Before I went to sleep I came upon an article about some chef wanting to heal America through food and talking about healing food recipes or whatever. I left this comment.

"All you need for healing is a good recipe for French fries! Plain fries, Nacho fries, chili fries, Nacho chili fries. French fries any way ! Let the healing begin!" Wasn't expecting when I woke up I had 75 likes and the number one comment on the article lol. Now 78 likes since it's at the top everyone sees it so keeps getting likes. Funny.

Another reality check. That damn vine on my window I mentioned a while back that keeps coming back... Last time I thought I won. I went and pulled the thing off the window pulled it out of the ground carried it across the yard and threw it into the woods... I was like take that vine! I thought it was going to be the end of the damn thing. But guess what, It's back! Climbing up the same window even. WTF lol.

After posting I looked again now over 80 likes on my French fry recipe comment. lol Wonder how many it will end up with.
      Last edited by Caradon; 06-22-2020 at 03:31 PM.
      Hilary and Lang like this.

Dreamer Achievements:
      Zone 10b
      DJ Entries
      So yesterday I was further amusing myself with the whole French fry thing on yahoo. And I changed my yahoo name to Frenchfryguy. Before I went to sleep I came upon an article about some chef wanting to heal America through food and talking about healing food recipes or whatever. I left this comment.

"All you need for healing is a good recipe for French fries! Plain fries, Nacho fries, chili fries, Nacho chili fries. French fries any way ! Let the healing begin!" Wasn't expecting when I woke up I had 75 likes and the number one comment on the article lol. Now 78 likes since it's at the top everyone sees it so keeps getting likes. Funny.

Another reality check. That damn vine on my window I mentioned a while back that keeps coming back... Last time I thought I won. I went and pulled the thing off the window pulled it out of the ground carried it across the yard and threw it into the woods... I was like take that vine! I thought it was going to be the end of the damn thing. But guess what, It's back! Climbing up the same window even. WTF lol.

After posting I looked again now over 80 likes on my French fry recipe comment. lol Wonder how many it will end up with.
      Vines are so beautiful. I would kill to have my house completely covered in them. How could you destroy it?

(Unless, of course, you have one of those evil HOA things)

Member Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by MoonageDaydream View Post
      Vines are so beautiful. I would kill to have my house completely covered in them. How could you destroy it?

(Unless, of course, you have one of those evil HOA things)
      I like them too, actually. On the inside of my porch I have artificial vines on the walls and ceiling, also a couple of trees and plants. Then through the windows I see all green with the surrounding forest. I've been literally living out here on the porch since it got warm enough. All the the windows open feels like a little cabin in the woods. The porch has wood paneling very cabin like atmosphere. All I need is a fireplace would be perfect. But I've heard vines can cause damage burrowing there little grippers into the siding so I try to keep them off the house. Plus it blocks the view out that window some. But I don't care about the shed there are vines all over that which is cool.

Moderator Achievements:
      LD Count
      WHY DO YOU CARE
      DJ Entries
      In the middle of the night, I awoke to find my light in my master bedroom turned on. It hasn't worked for a while now, and all of sudden it works again?? Nobody played with it. I recall when I woke up, seriously, I was still groggy and I did an RC... Nobody else is was awake at that time to mess with it. I was too lazy at that point to turn it off.

today!
      Here:

Dreamer Achievements:
      Zone 10b
      DJ Entries
      2 today -

I was talking with my mother, when I noticed she was only wearing one earring.

I was enjoying a beer and diet coke with lunch today at the zoo, when I recalled that I had a dream last night where I was sharing a beer and a diet coke with Sean Connery. Did not remember that dream until that moment. RC!

Moderator Achievements:
      LD Count
      WHY DO YOU CARE
      DJ Entries
      I have a legion of ants, apparently! For me, Ants show up in the strangest places... I went to the hospital the other day and while I was waiting for someone, I had an ant crawling on my right arm. I know!! I know. Just can't help it. RC moment.
      Btw. The technician person's name was, "TWO", "TU" or "Too"? *Shrugs*
      When she said her name she held up two fingers and said, Hi, I'm two!" She had a heavy Taiwan accent, I think? RC moment.
      Glad, I didn't forget my mask!
      Last edited by Lang; 07-11-2020 at 06:42 PM.
      Hilary and DarkestDarkness like this.

Dreamer Achievements:
      Zone 10b
      DJ Entries
      So.. I was just sitting out in the back yard, enjoying the evening and listening to my audiobook (Tibetan Yogas..), when all of a sudden, a large creature dive bombs me and lands in my hair with a THUNK. After shaking him off (and screaming) I went and got the flash light. Turned out to be a large tree frog, who was happily looking up at me from the ground blinking his eyes, as if to say "Wut?"

Yep. RC moment. Or just a South Florida moment..
      Lang and DarkestDarkness like this.

Moderator Achievements:
      LD Count
      WHY DO YOU CARE
      DJ Entries
      So.. I was just sitting out in the back yard, enjoying the evening and listening to my audiobook (Tibetan Yogas..), when all of a sudden, a large creature dive bombs me and lands in my hair with a THUNK. After shaking him off (and screaming) I went and got the flash light. Turned out to be a large tree frog, who was happily looking up at me from the ground blinking his eyes, as if to say "Wut?"

Yep. RC moment. Or just a South Florida moment..
      kermit loves you!
      Hilary likes this.

today!
      Here:

Dreamer Achievements:
      Zone 10b
      DJ Entries
      kermit loves you!
      What can I say? We have a rainbow connection..

Anyways.. amazing thing happened today. Was out for my evening run when I saw an old lady holding two large mushrooms in her hand. I knew immediately what they were (I mean, they grow everywhere around here). So, I stopped her and told her "those are Chlorophylum molybdites! Greengills! They are highly toxic!" She look surprised and said "These are... poisonous?!" "Very!!" "Oh my goodness, thank you!"

Okay. I am not kidding. RC moment. I seriously never expected my amateur mushroom identification skills to ever serve any purpose in this life. Now, I feel like frickin' hero.

Hmmm.. the important question...

MuShRoOm GuRl .. or funGAL.
      CarpeNoctem144 likes this.

Moderator Achievements:
      LD Count
      WHY DO YOU CARE
      DJ Entries
      Haha!!

For me: Earlier tonight I was listening to something intensely. Seriously, I'm not in the greatest mood right now. The thing I was listening to was a little loud and I tried to turn it down. I could hear someone behind me complaining at me about Paper towels... In frustration, I yelled, "And Fire!!" Really, that's all that I could think of at the time.
      That made them stopped and say to me, quote, "WTF!! Are you a Fucking General in the Civil War? Mom's on the phone!!"
      I didn't say anything, tried my hardest not to react to it and they went to bed. At the time I wasn't going to have it. Did an RC... Did several RC actually at 9:11 pm.
      Last edited by Lang; 07-16-2020 at 06:05 AM.
      Hilary likes this.

today!
      Here:

Dreamer Achievements:
      Zone 10b
      DJ Entries
      Haha!!

For me: Earlier tonight I was listening to something intensely. Seriously, I'm not in the greatest mood right now. The thing I was listening to was a little loud and I tried to turn it down. I could hear someone behind me complaining at me about Paper towels... In frustration, I yelled, "And Fire!!" Really, that's all that I could think of at the time.
      That made them stopped and say to me, quote, "WTF!! Are you a Fucking General in the Civil War? Mom's on the phone!!"
      I didn't say anything, tried my hardest not to react to it and they went to bed. At the time I wasn't going to have it. Did an RC... Did several RC actually at 9:11 pm.
      Ouch. That doesn't seem like a very pleasant atmosphere.. hope things get better for you, Lang.

Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal 3 years registered

DJ Entries
      My wife and I were talking about a place we were going to stay at next week while we had the news channel on. Just as we finished talking about it the news reader began talking about the exact same place we just finished talking about.

2nd RC moment was while I was working on the front of my house one of my
      “1 time only RCs goals”
      drove by , as I started to go through my RC routine ( grounding myself in the present, asking what I’m doing here, is this normal, does it all look normal,what was I doing before,) I noticed a reoccurring dream sign walking in my street So as I continued to RC I noticed my neighbour had changed the text on the front door window pane back to what it originally said. - there was no way I was waking up to find this had been a dream and I had missed it, Needless to say I went through every Rc action I knew , reading, nose plug, jumping, finger in palm, looking at my totem, trying to break my totem as well as thoroughly Going through the days events up to that point.

If only I was this alert in the dream state 😆.

Moderator Achievements:
      LD Count
      WHY DO YOU CARE
      DJ Entries
      Ouch. That doesn't seem like a very pleasant atmosphere.. hope things get better for you, Lang.
      Thank you!
      We're fine here. Sometimes those stressful moments are the best time to stop and do a reality test or reality check.
      As you may or not know, there are three layers of reality checks; The past, present, and the future. Active, Observational, and proactive.

Anyways, Speaking of mushrooms though, I saw a whole bunch of Lobster Mushroom where I live, they were not there the other day.
      Last edited by Lang; 07-16-2020 at 05:47 PM.

today!
      Here:

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class 1000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV 3 years registered
      LD Count
      200+
      DJ Entries
      I had a funny one yesterday. I was just walking my dog in the neighbourhood Like I do every night. I make a habit of looking for dream signs when I’m out walking but usually what I notice isn’t too bizarre. Anyway, as I was on my way home I saw a fully grown man run out of a house and towards some bushes at the front of his garden. When he reached them he playfully leaped in the air and jumped over them like a child. He then ran two doors down and did the same thing and jumped over a small wall into another garden. He then entered the house and shut the door. I was quite amused and looked around to see if anyone else saw that but then I noticed I was completely alone on a normally busy street? It was only then I thought to do a reality check. It wasn’t a dream but I’m still a bit puzzled by the mans strange behaviour.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast