• 1 Post By SKYZ0R

Thread: Philips Hue Smart Lights / Sleep Tracking

Member Achievements:
      6 months registered
      LD Count
      Switzerland

Philips Hue Smart Lights / Sleep Tracking

Hi guys

I recently bought a set of Philips Hue smart lights and installed them in my sleeping room yesterday.
      After tinkering a little with all the possibilities, I set up an alarm for 6 o'clock so that the lights will turn on and start flashing for 10 seconds while the colors are changing from green to white.
      Before I went to sleep, I thought of how could my brain incorporate those signals in my dreams and what would I possibly see... for green I hoped it would be something in a jungle and for white basically any flashlight, but mostly emergency services.

Unfortunately, I couldn't fall asleep for a while because my brain procrastinated all "awesome" ideas during the day and annoyed me with them when I went to sleep until 2 am.
      Anyway, when I woke up, I remembered dreaming about being in a jungle (probably even before the lights went on due to expectation, because it was a really long dream) and I also dreamed of seeing a lot of police cars, firetrucks, ambulance, and what not speeding on the main street of my hometown.

Although I was prepared and kind of guessed (or intended) beforehand what I would see, it didn't trigger lucidity, probably because it was only 3-4 hours after I fell asleep... kind of disappointed in myself. ^^
      I'll keep tinkering with these lights now and also with the app "Sleep As Android", a sleep tracking app that has a feature which can give cues for LD'ing during REM sleep, and by default the app is compatible with the lights.

With some luck I'll get my first LD after so many months.

If anyone has any experience with this or with a sleep mask that can induce LD's in a similar way, I would be grateful for any advice.

Also grateful for any ideas or suggestions.

I'll update this thread if I get any LD's with this setup.
      Last edited by SKYZ0R; 07-30-2019 at 01:38 PM.
      Venryx likes this.