• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Like Tree9Likes
    • 4 Post By LighrkVader
    • 2 Post By lenscaper
    • 1 Post By zelcrow
    • 2 Post By mBULXfhgBBwO

Thread: Goals and motivations for Lucid Dreaming.

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points 3 years registered
      DJ Entries

Goals and motivations for Lucid Dreaming.

Passion, talent and ability for Lucid Dreaming is truly a gift to be grateful for.

But 5 years have passed since the illusion was revealed and the oscillations in and out off duality began... beliefs and narratives seemingly fading with every cycle.

So what to do now with the gift of lucid dreaming?

Statistically speaking this life should last another 50 years almost. Theres surely beauty, bliss and love waiting wherever the road may go. But sometimes I miss when the stories were real. When the stakes were high and the dance was a fight to protect the light, from the looming eternal night.

There was truth to be found then... and beliefs to hold.

I wanted to be a warrior once, an adventurer, an explorer, a spy, a rockstar, a ladies man... But most of all I wanted to know what caused the subtle underlying sensation of being trapped in a cage, or a dream... So I moved out from home, turned off my phone, and dedicated myself to solitude...

I remind myself that behind the eyes of friends and family things are still that way. And I see that compassion is all the purpose I require. It even provides true immersion and motivation to part-take in their make belief situations.

I am a lover... but nature is self-contradictory... and I wanted to be a warrior... Not a nurse... But a warrior needs a truth to believe in. Or he's just a killer.

Sometimes I envy the believers.

I used to struggle to answer the Gurus question: "WHAT, do you want?".

These days I know. I want to deeply and whole heartedly desire something... something to believe in, to make me feel young again.

50 years left... And I already feel old.(forgive me boomers for pretending to know how you feel )

A part of me tells me there's something waiting for me in my dreams.
      Perhaps a hidden narrative waiting to be discovered. Immersive, refreshing, fascinating, challenging, mysterious and entertaining enough to let me feel it's real even if it's just as a game.
      Sounds like escapism I know.

I have been wondering about this for quite some time. Not only in relation to dreams, but waking life as well.

Can we talk about our goals and motivations for Lucid Dreaming?
      Last edited by LighrkVader; 11-14-2019 at 12:45 AM.
      Half of the time we're gone and we don't know where...

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal 3 years registered 1000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      lots
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by LighrkVader View Post
      I used to struggle to answer the Gurus question: "WHAT, do you want?".
      Excellent post, LighrkVader!

I have thought about this a lot and at the risk of sounding trite.....I just want to become my true self.

I want to get past all that duality and haze that has surrounded me for my entire life. I want to calm the waters of my conscious mind so I can see through to the bottom. I have lived a full life and I have had many glimpses of that elusive bottom in the past.

Here in my late 60's I am entering the final third of my life. I have tried many things to calm those waters but lucid dreaming has become the most powerful tool I have ever had. By inhabiting my dreams I have opened up a conduit to something primordial within me. The more I gaze the more I crave to see.

Looking forward to hearing what others strive for.
      zelcrow and LighrkVader like this.
      The more I gaze....the more I crave to see

When you next stand at cliff's edge....will you finally learn to fly?

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class Huge Dream Journal Tagger Second Class Created Dream Journal 25000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      USA
      DJ Entries
      Cool thread you've started, LighrkVader. I can relate to your feelings of feeling a certain oldness at a relatively young age. I am currently in my upper 20s and feel that way at times. I try to remind myself that it isn't really so. When I imagine myself 50 or 60 years in the future I know I'll look back and think of how young I was at 27. That seems to help put things into perspective. Though I can't deny that things are ever-changing and life is different even from merely several years ago.

I've had close to a couple of dozen LDs over the last 11 months, but they've all been pretty short. My immediate goal is to lengthen the time I can stay lucid within the dream. They either last a minute or two, or I awake right after the dawning of lucidity. I want to stay in this state longer so I can do some exploring and get to know this state of consciousness in more depth and develop a better understanding. Beyond this, lucid dreaming feels like an untapped (for me at least since I have little experience) pathway to a higher level of awareness and deeper personal understanding of consciousness. The thought of interacting with the awareness behind the dream is a big motivator for me. Interacting with the unconscious mind more directly to me is fascinating. Of course I want to lucidly fly too! Still haven't managed to work that one out, though I've attempted only a handful of times. When jumping off I still come back down with a realistic feeling of physics at play.

One more motivator for me that has grown over time is daytime training of memory and awareness. Trying to increase my level of awareness and working on memory consistently seems to keep me in a better state of mind. In addition, taking a step back like this has helped me develop more empathy and understanding of others. So it seems to improve my quality of life in general. Feeling you truly exist in the present can be a wonderful thing.
      LighrkVader likes this.
      Dreams are real while they last. Can we say more of life? - Havelock Ellis

Member Achievements:
      Made Friends on DV Veteran Second Class

DJ Entries
      Two words.
      Advaita Vedanta.

This is probably what you're looking for to realize the non dual, as what is experienced through me.

Also, i love talking about lucid dreaming motivations!
      My main urges for dreaming in general at this moment are getting my dreams vivid without a dream journal, and spending most of my time in a truly beautiful, remarkable open field of nature where there is no bounds
      zelcrow and LighrkVader like this.

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points 3 years registered
      DJ Entries
      Thanks for all you replies

The answer appeared on a pier late in the quiet winter night, stearing out over a silent black lake mirroring the city lights.

Here is to questions and new approaches to life

See you around

Edit: The lake was enhanced by some other presences, I must give credit to them as well: The Moon, my old friend Mary J. And the albums Alon Mor - Lands of Delight and Tool-10.000 Days.
      Last edited by LighrkVader; 11-16-2019 at 06:32 PM.
      Half of the time we're gone and we don't know where...