• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Like Tree5Likes
    • 1 Post By dolphin
    • 1 Post By Superman1
    • 1 Post By KarlaB18
    • 1 Post By Superman1
    • 1 Post By KarlaB18

Thread: Need Help Manifesting A Dream Character, I've Tried Almost Everything

Member Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Huge Dream Journal 10000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      Melbourne
      DJ Entries

Need Help Manifesting A Dream Character, I've Tried Almost Everything

Hi guys! Been a while since I posted here. I'm kinda going stir crazy because I'm usually the queen of DCs and interacting with them, but this one is a huge struggle. With Riku from the Kingdom Hearts series, my dream interaction started with him on about May 22 (recalling from my diary). However, for weeks on end, he has been failing to appear, and with the rare times he does, our interactions are very dry and dull. Like I want to have meaningful connections and interactions with certain dream characters and he's one of them.

Things I have tried:
      - Writing letters to him (via diary)
      - Subliminals
      - Meditation
      - My own affirmations
      - Putting messages under my pillow
      - Watching KH content for reinforced visualisation
      - Writing in my diary to crack dream problems when they do occur
      - Having a small paper version of him between my study and bedroom

So yeah... What options do I have left? Please help if you can. I'm having a six month break between university and work, and my dreaming timeline has been robbed so far for 4 months (critically struggling for 1 or 2 months though); I have until about JAN or FEB before my parents start ramping up the pressure for me to be a lot busier.

So as I said, in-dream, I just want to be able to talk to Riku, hug him on occasions, and have meaningful, good quality (or at least stable and consistent) interactions with him, and not have to be teething at the ropes to do so.

Dreamer Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Made Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points
      Zone 10b
      DJ Entries
      Have you tried just letting it be? If he's not showing up in your dreams, respect that, rather than trying to force this DC to visit you. Work on other projects for a time Sometimes when we work ourselves too hard on something, we actually prevent it from happening (thinking of lucid dreaming here). But if you let go, often, it will happen.

Member Achievements:
      Tagger Second Class Vivid Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      the Pacific Ocean
      DJ Entries
      Maybe you could use baby steps and become confident in your ability to incubate easier dreams at first before gradually working your way up to being being confident in your ability to incubate dreams about Riku. Something like this:

Level 1:dream about a DC
      Level 2:dream about a male DC
      Level 3:dream about an attractive male DC
      Level 4:dream about an attractive male DC who interacts with you
      Level 5:dream about Riku, who interacts with you
      KarlaB18 likes this.

Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Interaction is probably the key.

What was real life like when you started with him in May, compared to after when he stopped?
      If his interactions are very dry and dull it probably reflects real life, like isolation, and maybe not having the control you did. You want to have meaningful connections and interactions.
      KarlaB18 likes this.

Member Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Huge Dream Journal 10000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      Melbourne
      DJ Entries
      I've taken your idea on board, dolphin; I'm getting the male DCs quite easily, in both normal and awkward forms, so I guess the next step is really to cut down and specify which male DC it is.

But what you said, Superman1, really resonates with me and makes SO much sense. The fact that you are from Australia; which state? I'm in Melbourne and I've been in lockdown for 8 MONTHS! So it could very well be the fact of isolation and not much stimulation from the external environment. If you're curious to see about my interaction timeline with Riku, you can go to my dream journal, I've numbered my dreams in sequential order; start at about No. 658. But for the purpose of this post, I will discuss aspects of the timeline here.

So at the end of May, like with every other dream guide (close dream character in my dream world), in dreams 658 and 659, it's like Riku was preparing to see me and was 'learning' about me. Then in 661 B, that's when we officially met for the first time. In that dream, he hugged me, and then later on sat me on his lap as he listened to some music with me. Our next meaningful interaction was 1.5 weeks later, in 665, where I was lucid. In that dream, he carried me down the backyard (though struggling with gravity) but then when we shifted over to the 'kingdom hearts' side of the dream, he was much more confident in both physical actions and the way he spoke to me.

Dream 684 (11 July) was one of the first instances where Riku had significant 'anger issues' since officially meeting me (but then the dream had distorted him as well). But that was only a one-off as the dreams with him after were mostly good and fun again.

I'd say the next time he became 'angry' was amongst the dreams where I had asked him for help regarding a project I had set to learn things about Sora (I set a dream project based on KH canon story IRL). However, back then I still felt like I had good dream control as after Riku's anger kinda exploded in 711 C and then for a few KH related dreams after that, and then ever since 719 C, Riku finally took a breather and actually actively helped me to finish the 'project'. Now dreams after N721 aren't on DV yet, so the rest is blind discussion for you:

Dream 722 A (24 August) was quite substantial in that Terra was going to take me for something, but Riku said to Terra that he should take me as he is my dream guide. Now the end of August is where the struggles with Riku really flared up. Dream 730 (3 SEP), KH characters appear, but the dream has them negative. From here starts dreams where I uncontrollably call dream guides except for Riku, or have meaningless dreams, or have forced awakenings threatened upon me when I do try for Riku even the slightest bit. There were one or two dreams in mid SEP where Riku was nice to me and all his friends joined, because my birthday was on the 23 and I was gripping hard to have some 'celebration' with them.

Dreams 752 (29 SEP) and 753 (30 SEP) may look like I'm interacting with Riku, but there were still struggles intertwined into them. At the end of 752 E, Riku noticed me crying from something my dad did to me. He asked me if I wanted him to talk to my dad and I said "no! I'm calling security!", so in an irrational manner; I non-lucidly denied Riku! Then in 753 B, I ask for Riku's help, but he's under 'anger' again. It took ages to get his help (I had to scream to get it) and then after he did the bare minimum to help me, he left immediately. The next meaningful dream I had with him was 760 (8 OCT) where he drove into my street, got out of 'his car' and then hugged me with an energy insinuation that he missed me. The next and most recent dream I had was 766 (25 OCT) in his KH-DDD appearance, he took me for 'phobia practise' which through incubation is a regular (or at least common) thing my dream guides do.

So yeah, over the months, the amount of quality dreams becomes harder to achieve, with longer gaps in between them, and some pretty hope quashing dreams in the middle. And also in the early stages, he would come and apologise if he realised I thought he was abandoning me; where as lately, it's either presence or avoidance. I bet it could tie in to 'lockdown fatigue' and the sense of relinquished control and lack of external stimulation. Because never before have I done so much work in my dream diary but the struggle increases rather than decreases.

And then also, it could be the fact that we have views of that character that may affect our subconscious portrayal of them. I can finally guiltily admit to this as whenever I daydream and thoughts of him pop up, the thought of that scene with him and Shiki (KH-DDD) never fails to intrude; the fact that he basically told Shiki to get off his lawn. But then why am I subconsciously applying such a label to him that he isn't good with girls? He hasn't had that issue with other girls such as Kairi, Aqua, Namine, Xion, and then even Beat, Esmeralda and Quorra from the same point in his timeline. So as well as 'lockdown fatigue', it could also be an issue of focusing on the 1 problem rather than the 99 strengths. Like even if I do exercises to get him to be less 'intimidating', I need to realise that he won't actually change unless my subconscious view of him changes. And then I also need to get rid of the idea that 'Keyblade Masters' have restrictions on them.

So I wonder if getting out and seeing new things will help change perceptions and therefore re-open the gateway to interacting. Thanks for that very helpful insight.
      Last edited by KarlaB18; 10-27-2020 at 01:20 PM.
      dolphin likes this.

Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

Mark of Mastery exam

I'm in SA - Southern Antarctica. Where everyone is frozen. No not really. South Australia. Melbourne is painfully finally getting there it seems.
      Yeh you can see how the progression of your dreams reflects what was going on in you. Anger creeps in and increases. Probably frustration, like everyone else. And the struggle.

Probably sometimes life even seemed meaningless, you wanted to force yourself to wake up from the nightmare, because you couldn't connect.
      And at the end of September, sadness hits, and needing security it seems.
      All quite normal these days, ha.

Riku is a calm, cool, collected teenager who has a lack of fear. So maybe this is why you uncontrollably denied him, and anger which is opposite him pushed him away.

But at least it all began and ended with a hug.

Subconsciously applying such a label to Riku that he isn't good with girls could mean symbolism of girls, which could be emotions and socializing or relating to people. (Unless perhaps you have some trouble getting on with girls.)
      And your lawn is the outside of your house, where others come from, so telling her to get off can reflect the lockdown. And that he hasn't had that issue with other girls is the point, because life is the opposite situation now.
      Also, Shiki is generally positive and upbeat, so this scene could point to natural negativity throwing that out at that point.
      This may be why your thoughts go to this, if it means the main thing affecting you now.

Yes I'm sure once life opens up again, your dreams will follow. It's almost impossible to try the other way round, to change the subconscious, or conscious, if their source or reality is the opposite way. And it becomes hard work.
      KarlaB18 likes this.

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      Melbourne
      DJ Entries
      Well here's an update: IRL on 29 OCT, I finally went to a larger shopping centre with my mum that I hadn't been to for the past 8 months, and basically had a whole afternoon of 'retail' therapy. For the dreams on that night (being 30 OCT); this happened:

768 A - All of the Guardians of Light appeared in a backdrop of the Keyblade Graveyard and were welcoming me back like they hadn't seen me in ages. With the way they were going, it's like they noticed my return, but Riku himself hadn't been informed yet.
      768 B - My dad was giving me problems, and this time I called Riku, with him immediately coming. He held me as he bounced me around, trying to help me avoid my dad as my dad was trying to 'hit me'.
      768 D - The whole dream was basically Riku talking to the 'dream camera' and flipping around everywhere, back in the Keyblade Graveyard, as he was showing off his 'new' keyblade stunts to me, fighting against the other guardians to show me.

You know what shocks me the most from this? The main message being that they thought I was the one who was absent all this time, whereas I was always tugging at the ropes to get them back. Like literally, the main energy last night is that they were excited to see me back; the whole group giving the initial welcome in A, then Riku coming back to help me in B, and then him expressing his excitement again in D.

I definitely need to use this summer to further my connection with them; and I am dreading the next time my government decides to impose a lockdown on me and my nation Hopefully though by doing as much as I can; I'll have Riku for a while before any lockdown woes kick in.

So yeah, thanks to all who gave me some useful and interesting advice; this is an update especially to those. Last night was indeed very interesting and worth also transferring to my 'memorable dreams' archive.
      Superman1 likes this.