• 1 Post By Clidu

Thread: New way to lucid?

Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV Veteran Second Class

LD Count
      Birmingham
      DJ Entries

New way to lucid?

Iv read that we seem to remember things better if we make the effort of handwriting things which is why I'm assuming it's better to write your dreams down.
      My idea is if when you have a dream and think 'darn it! That should of made me become lucid' instead write asif I did become lucid from the dream sign that should of made me lucid.its kind of like pretending you became lucid and write exacltly what you would do if u did become lucid... Its hard to explain but I hope people understand.... Feels like I'm explaining m.i.l.d in a way?
      Eneways thanks and sorry for the lack of fullstops lol

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      DJ Entries
      Yes, do!

In dreams, our access to memory is affected. Yet, some things come easier than others. For example, when there's a big threat in a dream, I always remember I can just fly away and then also realize that's because I am dreaming. And yet, of all actions I could undertake, fleeing by flying is the one that comes easiest.

Visualizing these scenarios and imagining a new way to act in that situation, if you learn it good, if it becomes strong enough, it will be easier to go that way. For example, I practice understanding threats as metaphors of my fears, and I imagine confronting them as such, with curiosity and a will to heal, rather than fear. As I've meditated over that, and this perspective has become stronger within my psyche, it has seeped in my dreams, and in these situations with threats, I have gradually and naturally reacted in the wanted way, seeing a threat as a metaphor instead of a physical threat.

It's not just about getting what you want. It's about learning. For example, non-swimmers can easily drown if they get submerged underwater because they don't know how to orient themselves in the water. They don't know where up is. They don't know how to move to float. Some panic, some do nothing, and just never really find their way to air, even if they physically could. We have learned to orient ourselves in waking life, but dreams are different and we haven't learned how to orient ourselves there. But we can learn.

A common lucid dream thing is fighting. Why? Because dreamers lucidity remind them they can fight the threats in their dreams, and so that becomes their easy to go to thing in lucid dreams. Some learn they can have sex, so that becomes the first thing they do. Or flying. Over time, they learned those three and then more and do more. It's hard in a dream, to really slow down and calculate things. It's easier to go with your strongest association to lucid dreaming. That's why taking time in waking life, to strengthen new reactions to dream situations, can be a useful tool to have a clearer mind in dreams.

Now, I think it's a good idea you have to handwrite it. I like to visualize it. But I will try your idea out and do some of my dream learning by hand from now on. Thanks!

Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV Veteran Second Class

LD Count
      Birmingham
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Occipitalred View Post
      Yes, do!

In dreams, our access to memory is affected. Yet, some things come easier than others. For example, when there's a big threat in a dream, I always remember I can just fly away and then also realize that's because I am dreaming. And yet, of all actions I could undertake, fleeing by flying is the one that comes easiest.

Visualizing these scenarios and imagining a new way to act in that situation, if you learn it good, if it becomes strong enough, it will be easier to go that way. For example, I practice understanding threats as metaphors of my fears, and I imagine confronting them as such, with curiosity and a will to heal, rather than fear. As I've meditated over that, and this perspective has become stronger within my psyche, it has seeped in my dreams, and in these situations with threats, I have gradually and naturally reacted in the wanted way, seeing a threat as a metaphor instead of a physical threat.

It's not just about getting what you want. It's about learning. For example, non-swimmers can easily drown if they get submerged underwater because they don't know how to orient themselves in the water. They don't know where up is. They don't know how to move to float. Some panic, some do nothing, and just never really find their way to air, even if they physically could. We have learned to orient ourselves in waking life, but dreams are different and we haven't learned how to orient ourselves there. But we can learn.

A common lucid dream thing is fighting. Why? Because dreamers lucidity remind them they can fight the threats in their dreams, and so that becomes their easy to go to thing in lucid dreams. Some learn they can have sex, so that becomes the first thing they do. Or flying. Over time, they learned those three and then more and do more. It's hard in a dream, to really slow down and calculate things. It's easier to go with your strongest association to lucid dreaming. That's why taking time in waking life, to strengthen new reactions to dream situations, can be a useful tool to have a clearer mind in dreams.

Now, I think it's a good idea you have to handwrite it. I like to visualize it. But I will try your idea out and do some of my dream learning by hand from now on. Thanks!
      Wow that was a wkd reply so thankyou and I'll definatly take on board your tips. Let me know if you have any luck with the writing down 😊😊
      Occipitalred likes this.

Member Achievements:
      6 months registered

Quote Originally Posted by Clidu View Post
      Iv read that we seem to remember things better if we make the effort of handwriting things which is why I'm assuming it's better to write your dreams down.
      My idea is if when you have a dream and think 'darn it! That should of made me become lucid' instead write asif I did become lucid from the dream sign that should of made me lucid.its kind of like pretending you became lucid and write exacltly what you would do if u did become lucid... Its hard to explain but I hope people understand.... Feels like I'm explaining m.i.l.d in a way?
      Eneways thanks and sorry for the lack of fullstops lol
      I also think it's a good idea to write it down, would probably try it