• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Like Tree233Likes

Thread: Task OF The Year 2021!!

♥ ♦ ♣ ♠ ☼ ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥ Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Tagger First Class Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal 10000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      Schwäbisch Hall
      DJ Entries
      Here we go, y'all

Task of the Year: Task 1

I was in Germany with Kes, I was trying to take a picture of her in front of an old building with trees. I was struggling to get the frame right and took a dozen or so pictures. We decide that we want to eat a small lunch somewhere, so we go to a double-decker restaurant that sits on a pier off of a river. I am feeling like getting a drink too, so I offer to buy us a round of drinks. Kes decides to get a white wine and I select a brown ale off of the menu. There aren't any prices listed, but they must be reasonable, right?

I walk to the bar to order the drinks. When I order my beer, I notice that it comes in a huge glass container, as if I were buying a bottle of scotch. There is a price tag that states "$121." What?!!

"Wow, I didn't realize this beer cost that much," I exclaim to the bartender, "It's good at least, right?"

"Oh, yes - quite great."

Whatever, I think. We're on vacation and it seems like it contains the volume of several beers. I begin to pay and ask, "What does it taste like?"

"Watered down garbage, it's awful," the bartender slyly replies. By now, my card has already processed the payment and there isn't any turning back. I'm so angry at the bartender for misleading me. I angrily take my stupid drinks back to our table. Kes has transformed into Michael. As we drink, I tell Michael that I have an appointment I need to go to, and he is free to come with me. I need to meet up at a large lecture hall for a gathering of former study abroad students from across the globe.

There are at least 300 people at this lecture - it's huge. The presenters aren't very exciting, but I hear them mention something about a student who was abducted in Africa and later found dead.

Michael loudly blurts out of nowhere, "So wait is she alive or not?" My heart stops as 300 people look over at us and make disgruntled faces. After hearing several side conversations about how rude the question was, someone else shouts, "Who else here is confused about this lecture?" About half the attendees raise their hands.

Side conversations begin developing, with a lot of things mentioned being culturally insensitive. I am so disappointed that these people, who have studied in different nations, continue to hold these viewpoints. But the tipping point occurs when someone says, "Deaf people don't need ASL - they don't deserve to be seen or heard." I get so angry that I spill my shitty beer EVERYWHERE and stand up on a table about to tell them off. In the process of standing up on the table I hover a little, which makes me realize that I am dreaming.

I fly across the lecture hall when I realize that I should do the first task of the year. I fly through several walls, looking for a good environment to cause cheeky destruction. I fly through several offices and decide to start here.

I ask several office workers, "What's my superhero name?" None of them seem too enthused to answer my question and either ignore me or spout gibberish. I decide that I will need to victimize my dream characters individually.

I walk up to an obese, middle-aged, balding man and ask him what my superhero name is. He looks at me unimpressed like I should already know the answer.

"Butts," He said, "But I don't know how to spell it." He walks away to work the fax machine. I giggle and think that maybe I should ask a dream character that has more significance to me, like my dream guide. But also...what the hell...Let's try another random dream character!

I walk up to a lady in a very very tiny cubicle and ask her what my superhero name is. She seems like the lady here to help! My superhero name pops up on the screen: Miran65.

"But it's pronounced Miraz," she states. Whatever, I can take that. Better than Butts.

"What's my superhero power?" I ask

"You can pull boobs out of closets."

WHAT. LOL. What does that even mean??????? I start laughing in the dream, oh boy.

"OK - awesome! Now I need a superhero suit!" I exclaim. She smiles, and points to a device across the room. It looks like some weird exercise machine. She explains that I lay on my back on the floor while she pushes a lever up between my legs. As the lever pressurizes the machine, a superhero suit will appear on my body. Steamy!

I strip down to my underwear while she runs my information with her coworkers. I can see on her screen all of my aliases, including Butts. OMG lol.

I have some trouble escaping my feet from the bottom of my skinny jeans, which I totally expected. I stabilize the dream and continue. The machine is ready for me!

I lay down on the device. She pushes the lever between my legs. A screen appears, counting down from 45 seconds. I was so giddy at this point and hoping that the dream would last long enough for me to see the results.

Steam appeared around me as my superhero suit materialized on my body. I LOOKED DOWN AND COULD NOT BELIEVE WHAT I WAS SEEING.

I was wearing a shirt - a targeted T-shirt (if you don't know what that is - click here.)

I have created a picture of what my shirt looked like for your viewing pleasure.

I could not believe my eyes. I haven't even thought about targeted shirts in at least a year. Where in the depths of my dark consciousness is this coming from?!

Oh also - I wasn't wearing any pants. Just some pink undies. I guess this is my superhero costume, y'all. A targeted t-shirt and pink undies.

Dream me was literally rolling on the ground laughing. My subconscious has always been cheeky, but this was a new low.

After gathering myself I asked the friendly secretary lady if she could show me how my powers worked. I was lead outside to a steam punky world on top of roofs, but unfortunately the dream ended here.

Also, I'm doing these tasks in order without looking at the next one, so god help me please on what's to come...

Moderator Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Made Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal Populated Wall Tagger First Class
      LD Count
      WHY DO YOU CARE
      DJ Entries
      Congrats on completing that Task!!
      Queen Zukin likes this.

Earn your wings! Try out Dream Views'
      Tasks of the Month and Tasks of the Year
      today!
      Here:
      https://www.dreamviews.com/tasks-month-year/
      With Dreaming you need to start small and work hard grow your lucid dreaming lifestyle...
      I'm not just a lucid dream, I'm a Somnonauts!!

“It’s... your conscience. We don’t talk a lot these days.”

Dreamer Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Made Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points
      Zone 10b
      DJ Entries
      Wow. Oh, wow. So almost died laughing. Awesome work.

I think we should make bitmojis of our superheros, btw. Light Girl, Firefly Man, and ... Butts.
      Sivason likes this.
      Check out what's happening on Dream Views:

Tasks of the Season: Autumn '22
      Tasks of the Year: 2022
      Read Along
      Check out my RC prompt background images
      . Build your prospective memory & critical reflective attitude.

Administrator Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Stickie King Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze
      LD Count
      2500ish
      Idaho
      DJ Entries
      That is hilarious!
      Peace Be With You. Oh, and sure, The Force too, why not.

"Instruction in Dream Yoga"

[LIKES_FIGHTING] Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal Tagger Second Class Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran First Class
      DJ Entries
      @Queen Zukin
      Lol! You sure are taking this in stride. I myself demanded a do-over when I got a silly costume!

Anyway, I attempted Task 2, and thought I completed it. But...

Spoiler for Task 2 - Discover Your Powers - Fail - YOU ARE OUT OF UNIFORM, MAGGOT!:
      Link to DJ Entry
      Last edited by RelicWraith; 02-16-2021 at 06:51 AM.
      Sivason, Occipitalred and Hilary like this.

Earn your wings! Try out Dream Views' Tasks of the Month and Tasks of the Year today! Click here for more details!

1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Stickie King Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze
      LD Count
      2500ish
      Idaho
      DJ Entries
      So very close! What fun with a hype narrator!
      RelicWraith likes this.

Dreamer Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Made Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points
      Zone 10b
      DJ Entries
      Awesome!!!! That's just great, Relic. I can picture you, flying around like a little bug, will you light up too? I wonder.
      Occipitalred and RelicWraith like this.

Read Along

Dreamer Achievements:
      Zone 10b
      DJ Entries
      *Edit - moved post to other thread*

Hey guys, I wanted to let you know - be sure to check out the new thread with bonus material! And feel free to add your own there! OK, here's the link: Bonus Thread!
      Last edited by Hilary; 02-18-2021 at 01:25 AM.

Read Along

Moderator Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Made Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal Populated Wall Tagger First Class
      LD Count
      WHY DO YOU CARE
      DJ Entries
      I'm wondering maybe we need a new thread for that. So we are not getting off-topic. A place where we can share ideas about the supervillain.

~HD.

today!
      Here:
      With Dreaming you need to start small and work hard grow your lucid dreaming lifestyle...

Dreamer Achievements:
      Zone 10b
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDreamer View Post
      I'm wondering maybe we need a new thread for that. So we are not getting off-topic. A place where we can share ideas about the supervillain.

~HD.
      Okay, sure thing. Honestly I don't think about where things should go... I probably should.

I will make a new thread for the bonus material. I can put the videos in What Are You Listening To? thread if you think that would be good?
      DarkestDarkness likes this.

Read Along

Moderator Achievements:
      LD Count
      WHY DO YOU CARE
      DJ Entries
      You can put in the same thread with the bonus material and just use the Spoiler tags if you want. I have some videos that I may add to it too.

today!
      Here:

Dreamer Achievements:
      Zone 10b
      DJ Entries
      Spoiler for Task 2 fail!:

I also forgot to change into my superhero form. Doh!
      Last edited by Hilary; 02-20-2021 at 12:12 AM.

Read Along

[LIKES_FIGHTING] Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal Tagger Second Class Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran First Class
      DJ Entries
      Ah, man. I missed the 2nd Task twice this morning, though through no real fault of my own.

Spoiler for Task 2 - Discover Your Powers - Fail 1:
      Spoiler for Task 2 - Discover Your Powers - Fail 2:
      Link to DJ Entry
      Occipitalred and Hilary like this.

Earn your wings! Try out Dream Views' Tasks of the Month and Tasks of the Year today! Click here for more details!

LD Count
      2500ish
      Idaho
      DJ Entries
      Hi Guys, I need to make something clear regarding the Task threads. As long as they are willing to run these things HumbleDreamer is 100% in charge. They get to decide all details as they see fit. This actually is a game you guys can play anyway you each want. HumbleDreamer can choose to say all tasks are done in order, or try to do in order but it counts if it is out of order, or any variation they wish. Thanks for running the show here HumbleDreamer! Thank you MoonageDaydream for coming up with such a fun set of tasks. It is kind of neat having a long running story line of related tasks.

Dreamer Achievements:
      Zone 10b
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by sivason View Post
      Hi Guys, I need to make something clear regarding the Task threads. As long as they are willing to run these things HumbleDreamer is 100% in charge. They get to decide all details as they see fit. This actually is a game you guys can play anyway you each want. HumbleDreamer can choose to say all tasks are done in order, or try to do in order but it counts if it is out of order, or any variation they wish. Thanks for running the show here HumbleDreamer! Thank you MoonageDaydream for coming up with such a fun set of tasks. It is kind of neat having a long running story line of related tasks.
      Ok, that's fine. HD asked me about clarifying on it, and also asked me things earlier, so I did. It seemed like he wanted me to decide at the time. I don't know, just answering questions given to me. Sorry if I offended anyone. Just answering things to the best of my ability.

------

Task 2 Fail

Then, I remember the tasks. I ask Mom, who is suddenly looking like Effie Trinket from the Hunger Games, while I am bathed, "What superhero powers do I have? Is it healing?" She nods her head, smiling excitedly. "Yes!" "Do I have any other powers?" "You can make lemonade from lemons." "Okay, can I get out now? I want to go do superhero stuff." "Save the superhero stuff for lucid naps. Pay attention to your dreams, instead." "But Mom, I don't dream when I nap." "Yes, you do."
      Last edited by Hilary; 02-25-2021 at 11:06 PM.

Read Along

Moderator Achievements:
      LD Count
      WHY DO YOU CARE
      DJ Entries
      I had a Lucid dream about the Avengers but, I forgot to do a task. I failed. I felt jealous in the dream in the beginning. I think it was because someone put a spell on me. I did manage to be my alt ID in the dream. Seriously, Nick Fury got mad and yelled at me in the dream. It had something to do with finding out that there was a mole within an agency who was stealing Avenger's secrets or something along those lines. The mole was an agent of Hydra, in the dream who kidnap the real Darcy Lewis and was able to morph herself into her. The rest of the dream was about meeting up with the actor Larry Drake.

Then I had another dream, a non-dream this time about Darcy again.

I have at least 3 tasks already done. HERE: https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/hum...sk-year-91080/
      Last edited by Lang; 02-28-2021 at 10:43 PM.

today!
      Here:

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points 3 years registered

LD Count
      South Florida
      DJ Entries
      Definitely going to try this tonight!!

LD Count
      2500ish
      Idaho
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by MoonOfBacon View Post
      Definitely going to try this tonight!!
      Hi MoonOfBacon! Welcome to Dream Views!
      Hilary and MoonOfBacon like this.

Moderator Achievements:
      LD Count
      WHY DO YOU CARE
      DJ Entries
      I had a lucid about Fighting along with the Avengers again, Riding Clint's Arrows, again. (Failed the task): https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/hum...-5-2021-91109/
      RelicWraith likes this.

today!
      Here:

LD Count
      2500ish
      Idaho
      DJ Entries
      Completed step 2: I will link to a journal entry when I have time to make it. Basically I was more or less an alternate version of Spiderman. The powers fit that. Me and about 4 other costumed heroes were in a parking structure and met up with another group of costumed types. Power 1: We were surrounded by some bad guys, but they were not in our area. I could see where they were and guide us, sort of an advanced "Spidey sense'; it allowed me to know the way out by seeing where we would find an exit through the sewer. Power 2: I was able to climb the wall and travel on the ceiling as the sewer floor was gross. Power 3: I had a silver shield on my back and a split screen image let me know this is where the mechanical spider legs i was walking on last time are hidden. So I do not always have the spider legs, they will just come out of the shield when I want. I somehow knew that the legs had handy devices available on them like lights, drills or what ever.

Dreamer Achievements:
      Zone 10b
      DJ Entries
      I hope this qualifies for a successful task 2. I did not ask the dream about my powers because I did so in the previous task, as well as in another lucid dream. I hope that's okay?

Spoiler for TOTY - Task 2: Discover Your Powers - Success:

DJ Link
      Last edited by Hilary; 03-13-2021 at 01:57 AM.
      Occipitalred, Lang and RelicWraith like this.

Read Along

Moderator Achievements:
      LD Count
      WHY DO YOU CARE
      DJ Entries
      Congratulation, Moonagedaydream! To me, It looks like you did! This is your second? Keep on going!

Make your post in this format to make it easier for staff: like this example:
      [Basic/advanced/bonus/year] - [Name of the Task] - [success or fail] - [pertinent part of a dream] - [link to dj]
      So it will look like this:
      Advanced TOTM - Lift a car with super strength and carry it somewhere. - fail.

Spoiler for TOTM:

link to dj
      Thank you for sharing. Serious guys, keep up the great work!

today!
      Here:

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      DJ Entries
      [Task of the Year : Task 1 : Discover Your Alter-Identity : Success]

It finally happened! I remembered the TOTY against all odds haha!

Spoiler for Task 1:

I'm so honored to join the ranks of Light Girl, Butt/Miraz56, Antman, Fireflyman, and alternate Spiderman as Dimwit, the small medieval orange Hulk (with doppelganger?)! What a great gang.
      Last edited by Occipitalred; 03-20-2021 at 04:44 AM.
      Hilary, Lang, RelicWraith and 1 others like this.

Dreamer Achievements:
      Zone 10b
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Occipitalred View Post

I'm so honored to join the ranks of Light Girl, Butt/Miraz56, Antman, Fireflyman, and alternate Spiderman as Dimwit, the small medieval orange Hulk (with doppelganger?)! What a great gang.
      Congrats!!! This is so awesome. I love reading this stuff, and seeing what you guys turn into! Great work remembering everything

Read Along

Moderator Achievements:
      LD Count
      WHY DO YOU CARE
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Occipitalred View Post

Spoiler for Task 1:

Congrats, Occipitalred!! Keep it up, guys!!
      Last edited by Lang; 03-20-2021 at 06:41 PM.

today!
      Here:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast