• 1 Post By Lang
    • 1 Post By DarkestDarkness
    • 1 Post By Lang
    • 2 Post By detour22

Thread: What could this dream mean?

Lurker

What could this dream mean?

What does this dream mean
      okay a few weeks ago my friend just left me he blocked me on social media and guess he got a new number. for the past few weeks i been dreaming of him texting me againing and talking again. the dream feel so real. What does it mean? does it mean anything?
      Okay a three weeks ago my friend just blocked me on snapchat and his number got changed. We haven't talk over-sense. I keep seeing him in my dreams. Talking and texting again one of the dreams was him texting me his new number and I felt happy and the dream felt so real. But in my wakng life I have odd signs include..

. Out of the blue I think about him when I am working or doing something

. I see things that remind me of him sometimes more then one a day ,a person riding a bike and white cars. (he had both)

.I did his name sometimes but different person

. I can picture us hanging out and talking again

Does the dream and these signs mean anything ?
      Last edited by Lang; 12-04-2022 at 07:46 PM.

Moderator Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Made Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Huge Dream Journal 10000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal Populated Wall
      LD Count
      WHY DO YOU CARE
      DJ Entries
      We don't know why he blocked you in the first place. Depending on the relationship/ situation that you have had with this person, they are not obligated to talk to you. Nor we are not entitled to their time. Perhaps, the blocking was their way of putting up healthy boundaries? (IMO)

It could mean that you are hoping that he would talk to you again. Dreaming about them probably means that this situation is at the forefront of your mind right now.
      DarkestDarkness likes this.

Earn your wings! Try out Dream Views'
      Tasks of the Month and Tasks of the Year
      today!
      Here:
      https://www.dreamviews.com/tasks-month-year/
      With Dreaming you need to start small and work hard grow your lucid dreaming lifestyle...
      I'm not just a lucid dream, I'm a Somnonauts!!

“It’s... your conscience. We don’t talk a lot these days.”

Dream Guide Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Vivid Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      DJ Entries
      Without wanting to go much into the waking life situation that prompted this theme in your dreaming, it's fairly safe to say that suddenly being blocked or abandoned by a friend is difficult to deal with. I have been on both ends of this myself and from my experience as the blocker, it has usually been because a friend was feeling obnoxious or annoying; but as the blocker, I can also say that I did not make the best efforts to try and communicate with my friend to deal with the core of the issue (my perception of the friend as being annoying).

In dreaming, recent events seem to have a tendency to strongly influence the content of dreams, so sometimes we dream of things just because something happened, not necessarily because we're consciously focused on it or anything; I spend a lot of time in certain types of buildings, so even though I don't think much about them during the days I'm not in them, they still feature often in my dreams. So you have to really consider how important this friendship was up until this point, and (without catastrophising) think about what might have prompted this reaction towards you, on their part.

These dreams specifically may not mean much by themselves, though if you keep dreaming of this theme, it's possible that this is a way for your mind to process what's happened "to you". Without knowing more details of the dreams, like what kind of emotions and the vibe of the dream texts, it's really difficult to make any kind of guess.

The themes of the dreams could definitely be about hope of reconnecting but again, anything is a guess at best, as there isn't much context to go by without you providing more detail of your dream recall. Either way, we can't tell you that your dreams mean literally X or Y, because only you can really find out if they even mean anything.
      Lang likes this.
      Check out the Tasks of the Season - Autumn 2022
      Suggest new tasks

Singled out from some of my favourite quotes from Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri: "Risks of [Planet] flowering: considerable. But rewards of godhood: who can measure? - Usurper Judaa'Maar: Courage: to question."

Moderator Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Made Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Huge Dream Journal 10000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal Populated Wall
      LD Count
      WHY DO YOU CARE
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by DarkestDarkness View Post

In dreaming, recent events seem to have a tendency to strongly influence the content of dreams, so sometimes we dream of things just because something happened, not necessarily because we're consciously focused on it or anything; I spend a lot of time in certain types of buildings, so even though I don't think much about them during the days I'm not in them, they still feature often in my dreams. So you have to really consider how important this friendship was up until this point, and (without catastrophising) think about what might have prompted this reaction towards you, on their part.

These dreams specifically may not mean much by themselves, though if you keep dreaming of this theme, it's possible that this is a way for your mind to process what's happened "to you". Without knowing more details of the dreams, like what kind of emotions and the vibe of the dream texts, it's really difficult to make any kind of guess.

The themes of the dreams could definitely be about hope of reconnecting but again, anything is a guess at best, as there isn't much context to go by without you providing more detail of your dream recall. Either way, we can't tell you that your dreams mean literally X or Y, because only you can really find out if they even mean anything.
      Agree.

Also, I think it is probably best not to chase the person for the time being. Maybe they need to process it too. If they blocked you and changed numbers (You mean Phone number?), you probably should not push the boundary.

Have you been writing the dreams down? Rumination can be both a good thing and a bad thing. This can be a good way to find out how you process your emotions and your brain works through your dreams although, I would consider talking to a professional in person about it.
      Last edited by Lang; 11-29-2022 at 04:40 AM.
      DarkestDarkness likes this.

today!
      Here:
      With Dreaming you need to start small and work hard grow your lucid dreaming lifestyle...

Lurker
      Quote Originally Posted by Lang View Post
      Agree.

Also, I think it is probably best not to chase the person for the time being. Maybe they need to process it too. If they blocked you and changed numbers (You mean Phone number?), you probably should not push the boundary.

Have you been writing the dreams down? Rumination can be both a good thing and a bad thing. This can be a good way to find out how you process your emotions and your brain works through your dreams although, I would consider talking to a professional in person about it.
      I haven't been writing my numbers down but i do dream almost every night about making up and talking again. I do feel happy in the dream and the dream feels real and wake up after the dream
      DarkestDarkness and Lang like this.

Moderator Achievements:
      LD Count
      WHY DO YOU CARE
      DJ Entries
      So, I merged your two threads together because they were about the same subject as that friend. Please Do not cross-post; once is enough.

--------------------

Quote Originally Posted by detour22 View Post
      But in my wakng life I have odd signs include..

. Out of the blue I think about him when I am working or doing something

. I see things that remind me of him sometimes more then one a day ,a person riding a bike and white cars. (he had both)

.I did his name sometimes but different person

. I can picture us hanging out and talking again

Does the dream and these signs mean anything ?
      Have you been going through some stress lately? What do YOU think is happening here?

I've had dreams like that before. It was really bad in the beginning and to be honest, it took me years to move on and emotionally detached from the person. Now, when seeing that person in the dream, it is not as bad as it was in the beginning.

- Why do you think you need them in your life?
      - How do they make you feel?
      - Were you guys in a healthy relationship when you were friends?

You don't have to answer that here, but, if you keep a DJ, you can always answer that there or tell someone who you can trust (like a professional) about it.

today!
      Here:

Lurker
      Last night I dreamed about seeing and hearing his name. I heard someone called it and then I saw it on a piece of paper. then I saw him in the dream and we talked a little bit what could that mean?