• 2 Post By Saizaphod
    • 2 Post By FryingMan
    • 1 Post By FryingMan
    • 3 Post By cedwards105
    • 1 Post By FryingMan
    • 1 Post By FryingMan

Thread: Competition Commentary

Member Achievements:
      Tagger First Class 3 years registered 1000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal

DJ Entries

Competition Commentary

I thought we should have a place for commentary on the competition.

It's exciting to think that those competitors in earlier times zones might be scoring points already! I keep checking the scoreboard, but it's probably too soon.

Does anyone have a soundtrack for competitive dreaming (or dreaming in general)? I feel like a good competition should have music. Lang suggested "Break My Stride", which seems appropriate. I'm a fan of the Rocky soundtrack myself for any competition.
      Saizaphod and Lang like this.

Stay lucid Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class Veteran First Class Referrer Bronze Made Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      527+
      DJ Entries
      cedwards105 and Lang like this.

DVA Teacher Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Huge Dream Journal Made Friends on DV Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      This is a favorite, and actually the lyrics are VERY relevant for dreaming! This is great for psyching yourself up, very upbeat, fast tempo, super high energy.

"Tonight, I'm going to have myself a real good time..."

Lang and cedwards105 like this.
      FryingMan's Unified Theory of Lucid Dreaming: Pay Attention, Reflect, Recall -- Both Day and Night[link]
      FryingMan's Dream Recall Tips -- Awesome Links
      “No amount of security is worth the suffering of a mediocre life chained to a routine that has killed your dreams.”
      "...develop stability in awareness and your dreams will change in extraordinary ways" -- TYoDaS

Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Huge Dream Journal Made Friends on DV Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      My bedtime has been creeping later. I need to get that under control, it's starting to affect dreaming. Two very light dreaming nights in a row, can't afford those in a competition!
      Saizaphod likes this.
      FryingMan's Unified Theory of Lucid Dreaming: Pay Attention, Reflect, Recall -- Both Day and Night[link]
      “No amount of security is worth the suffering of a mediocre life chained to a routine that has killed your dreams.”
      "...develop stability in awareness and your dreams will change in extraordinary ways" -- TYoDaS

Member Achievements:

DJ Entries
      I think I may need to get my caffeine consumption under control. That's my going hypothesis for why I have had trouble with lucidity in the past month or so. I'm restless until the melatonin kicks in, and then I'm out so quick there isn't much time to MILD or WILD. It's like I'm either awake or asleep, without much transition.

Why DILDs aren't happening I don't know. Last night I was experiencing a dream sign, and was telling someone about how I often dream about that kind of thing. Didn't even do a reality check. I might have been pulling in some nice scores if this competition had taken place back in October.
      Saizaphod, Lang and FryingMan like this.

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by cedwards105 View Post
      I think I may need to get my caffeine consumption under control. That's my going hypothesis for why I have had trouble with lucidity in the past month or so. I'm restless until the melatonin kicks in, and then I'm out so quick there isn't much time to MILD or WILD. It's like I'm either awake or asleep, without much transition.

Why DILDs aren't happening I don't know. Last night I was experiencing a dream sign, and was telling someone about how I often dream about that kind of thing. Didn't even do a reality check. I might have been pulling in some nice scores if this competition had taken place back in October.
      Caffeine is a potent sleep drive inhibiter. It's also supposedly a great lucidity enhancing supplement if you can get to sleep on it, taken in a WBTB. Yes, it's good to figure out your caffeine boundaries: latest time you can take it, and in what amounts, without affecting sleep.

Don't worry about the missed dream sign. You're dreaming about dream signs and lucid dreaming, so you're really really close. I did DJ in two dreams a couple nights ago, but my in-dream awareness of dreams has been extremely low as of late. So you're in a pretty good spot there, the LDs will come .
      cedwards105 likes this.

Member Achievements:

DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by FryingMan View Post
      Caffeine is a potent sleep drive inhibiter. It's also supposedly a great lucidity enhancing supplement if you can get to sleep on it, taken in a WBTB. Yes, it's good to figure out your caffeine boundaries: latest time you can take it, and in what amounts, without affecting sleep.
      Yes, in the past it seems as though some caffeine has helped with the lucid dreaming, particularly a caffeine + melatonin combination. Although sometimes I have done this because I have been awake late working or studying, so it's also possible that my brain was just more engaged in critical thinking.

I did DJ in two dreams a couple nights ago, but my in-dream awareness of dreams has been extremely low as of late. So you're in a pretty good spot there, the LDs will come .
      I did that last night. My recall was pretty good in the dream, too.

I don't think I realized how advanced Sensei and Hukif were before this competition. I hope I can get there some day. That's kind of amazing.

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by cedwards105 View Post
      Yes, in the past it seems as though some caffeine has helped with the lucid dreaming, particularly a caffeine + melatonin combination. Although sometimes I have done this because I have been awake late working or studying, so it's also possible that my brain was just more engaged in critical thinking.

I did that last night. My recall was pretty good in the dream, too.

I don't think I realized how advanced Sensei and Hukif were before this competition. I hope I can get there some day. That's kind of amazing.
      They are quite astonishing, yes. They showcase what you can achieve when talent meets unwavering determination (and starting at a young enough age).
      Lang likes this.

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1 year registered
      LD Count
      Florida
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by FryingMan View Post
      They are quite astonishing, yes. They showcase what you can achieve when talent meets unwavering determination (and starting at a young enough age).

That's interesting, training for lucid dreaming like it's a sport or something LOL. Quite reassuring though, that it's a skill anyone can learn and improve at, rather than just something people are randomly gifted with.

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by AtomicChocolate View Post
      That's interesting, training for lucid dreaming like it's a sport or something LOL. Quite reassuring though, that it's a skill anyone can learn and improve at, rather than just something people are randomly gifted with.
      Oh yes, it's a trainable combination of closely interacting skills like any skill, combined with mental/awareness development. Consistency and determination and never quitting are rewarded in the long run. p.s. those guys are incredibly imaginative and creative and have developed their systems and dream worlds and abilities to such amazing heights. They are (and have been) immersed in dreaming for decades from a young age.

Hetrochromic Oneironaut Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Made lots of Friends on DV Huge Dream Journal Populated Wall Tagger First Class 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Not a contest
      Here and Now
      DJ Entries
      Someone at some point asked about the lucid dreaming training montage music. This seems appropriate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0czsLLphnSs