HILD (Hypnosis Induced Lucid Dream) Tutorial
This is a tutorial on how to hypnotize ones self and, more specifically, how one can induce a large amount of long, vivid, highly lucid, realistic lucid dreams in a short amount of time. Hypnosis is working with your subconscious and dreams are your subconscious’ world. That means you can get your subconscious to want you to become lucid.
I’ve had a lot of experience with this. This tutorial is based on my experience that this is an extremely efficient method. I say this because within a month of starting lucid dreaming I had six lucid dreams in six nights with this method. I’m not saying that this will work as well for everyone who tries this technique as it did for me, just that this is how well it worked for me. Narrate to yourself or in other words use internal dialogue. Lay in whatever position is most comfortable to you. Doing this before sleep is probably best, however you may fall asleep if you do it at this time. The following will be in a step-by-step format to keep it simple.
1) Count from one to one hundred while breathing deeply in and out to the rhythm of the counting. In other words you would count one then breath and count two then breath out. This would go back and forth like that until you reached one hundred.
2) Tell yourself that heaviness is moving up your feet, ankles, calves etc. until you reach the scalp. This is, of course, moving from your feet up and involving actually wanting and willing for the heaviness to occur.
3) Tell yourself that weights are being tied to your ankles, waist, neck, and wrists. This too is to be willed to happen.
4) Tell yourself a new heaviness, twice as heavy as the last, is coming down your scalp, face, head, neck etc. until you reach the feet. Of course, yet again, this is to be willed.
5) Tell yourself that bags of sand, twice as heavy as the weights, are being tied to your neck, wrists, waist, and ankles. This too is to be willed.
6) Imagine a chalkboard with the alphabet written across the top and the numbers zero through to nine written along the bottom. Now go through and erase each letter then each number while thinking repeatedly, “Knowledge doesn’t matter right now. It does when I’m dreaming and when I’m fully awake. However, all that matters right now is my goal to…” In this case you would say that your goal is to have long, vivid, highly lucid, realistic lucid dreams with full control every night with complete recall of the dreams every morning upon awakening.
7) Imagine a skywriter plane flying overhead, writing out your name. Now, as it flies off, imagine your name blowing away in the wind. Now think to your self, “My identity doesn’t matter right now. It will matter when I’m dreaming and when I’m fully awake. However, all that matters right now is my goal to…”Yet again, in this case you would say your goal is to have long, vivid, highly lucid, realistic lucid dreams with full control every night with complete recall of the dreams every morning upon awakening.
8) Say that you will count from one to five and when you reach five your relaxation will double. Now count to five.
9) Say that you will count to from one to ten and when you reach ten your relaxation will triple. Now count to ten.
10) Say that you will count from one to five and that with each count your relaxation will double. Count to five.
11) Say that you will count from one to ten and with each count your relaxation will triple. Count to ten.
12) Say, “From now on I will have at least one lucid dream a night that is long, vivid, realistic, under my complete control, and remembered upon awakening.”
13) Say you will count from five down to one and when you do you will be, once again, fully aware. Count down to one.
I find that it takes a night without lucid dreams or a night without any dream recall at all before the suggestions start working. You should probably try to forget you planted the suggestions for them to take the full effect. If your frequency or quality of your lucid dreams go down then you should reinforce the suggestions by doing the procedure over again. You should probably still do reality checks
throughout the day for a little extra help and keep a dream journal
if you have a difficulty with dream recall. I believe that this is better than conventional methods because you’re working with the subconscious rather than against it as in other methods. Just a thought. I hope that everyone has some good luck with this technique.