Hey guys I'm new to this website but definitely not new to LDs. I haven't seen anyone mention this technique, so I think I just discovered it on my own and I wanna share it with you all. Before this, I used to have SERIOUS trouble with WILD, only to find out it's the most consistent and easiest method of becoming lucid when I employ this technique.

1. Go to bed, wake up earlier than you normally would. (I wake up 6 hours later, which always interrupts me in the middle of a dream. This is good, you WANT to interrupt a dream so you wake up very sleepy)

2. As soon as you wake up, slam the alarm clock off and QUICKLY try to get back to sleep. Don't get up and read/brush your teeth/anything. Try to not even open your eyes. You have to do this with as little in between as possible--as in you'll naturally drift back to sleep within a few minutes again.

OK here's where I would have trouble with WILD. I would either stay awake trying to focus on something, or I would drift into sleep without noticing. The remedy for that?

3. Wait a few seconds, then imagine something happening to your body. No, not someone poking your feet with a sharp stick. Try to make your body feel as if it's being dragged across your bed. If it doesn't work, don't make a big deal out of it, just try again later. You will still see black, so it's all just tactile.

4. When you accomplish the sliding across your bed sensation, don't get scared. It will feel as if you're going to fall out of your bed (you won't, you're beginning to dream). See if you can control the direction in which you're being dragged. Try rolling your body in place. Do this for about 30 seconds, making sure to control your direction. This tends to help me later in being able to control my LD, the more control I have the more vivid and controllable my LD will be.

5. It will still seem as if your eyes are closed and you're mentally dragging yourself across your bed. Stop dragging yourself around, and "open" your eyes. Usually by this point, you'll be in a sleep paralysis state without you noticing it and you will open your "dream" eyes instead. My LDs (and all dreams actually) start in my bed. Normally It would be a false awakening, but I've been conscious this whole time so I know what's really happening.

This seems to work best for people who CANNOT get to sleep when trying to WILD, because they concentrate too hard their mind becomes grounded in real life. To me this is the easiest way to WILD because you don't have to go through the scary electrocuting/light flashing/chalk scratching sensations that I normally get trying to WILD the old-school way. The transitional phase is automatic for me. Try it, let me know how it works for you and I'll try to answer questions too.