• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
      Yes! I did the first lucid task and almost pulled off the advanced task!

Okay, this was a realy long LD, so I don't remember how I gained lucidity. The first thought I remember is being aggravated that I couln't make it brighter. (I didn't even try a light switch) I was in my apartment, and I was thinking about what to do, when I remembered the dream tasks. Suddenly the lucidity was very strong. I walked towards the back of the apartment, and found two people standing there. I asked if anyone had a mirror I could borrow. When no one said anything, I pointed to one of them and said, "You! You have a mirror, right there in your pocket!" He looked doubtful, and I insisted I was right, pointing at the left pocket in his sweat pants. When he checked, he pulled out a small mirror, about the size of a playing card. I checked it, and saw a good reflection. Then I turned around, and there was a (convenient) table there that is't there in real life. I set the mirror on it, and it was suddenly much broader (the mirror, not the table). I laid a cloth over it, put out my hand, and said "Hammer." One of the DCs handed me a tiny ball peen hammer. I tried to smash the mirror, but it wasn't working. I put out my hand and said "Bigger hammer, please" and a proper framing hammer was provided. (I have to remember that trick for summoning!) I took a few swings and broke the mirror into several pieces. I picked up one of the smaller ones, held it at arm's length, and saw my reflection; it was quite accurate. As I brought it closer to my face, though, my reflection faded, and dissapeared completely! I was amazed! I moved it back and forth a few times, watching my reflection appear and dissapear, then remembered the other task.

There were several other events, but I was eventually standing in my back yard, looking for a clear path up. The stars were beautiful. I floated up into the air (I usualy have trouble flying, but it worked well this time) and stopped about fifteen feet from the ground. I started to loose altitude, when I had an idea. I ... flipped ... my entire frame of reference so as I fell, I fell away from the Earth, and into the starry expanse ... below. It worked extremely well, and I was soon out of the atmosphere. The stars became a painted backdrop, and I was suddenly unable to continue falling. I looked around for a sattelite, but there was nothing. I started to wake up, but got myself back into the dream. I tried several more times to fly, but couldn't do any better than a moderate jump. The sun was comming up anyway, and I decided the daytime was no time for extra-atmospheric flight. I went and chatted with my parents instead...

There's lots more, but I think I've taken up enough of your time! First lucid task completed! Yay!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Gwendolyn\")</div>
      ...your looks are so dashing and your zen-like omnicence is so potent...

* DV Veteran * Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class Made Friends on DV 50000 Hall Points
      USA
      O-Nieronaut, very well done!

I'm impressed both with your lucidity and with the way you handled the tasks and your DCs. Instead of trying to make the mirror and hammer "appear".. you asked for them from your DCs having the confidence to know that they would have them! And to decide to fall "away" from the earth.. very creative thinking.

All in all I've picked up a couple of tricks from you! Thanks for sharing!

USA
      Congrats all! Mirrors are funky things and never cease to amaze me.
      you must be the change you wish to see in the world...
      -gandhi

Banned
      Originally posted by Seeker
      Congrats all! Mirrors are funky things and never cease to amaze me.
      Yeah they are, especially when you smash one while riding on a satellite, b/c the shards float in the air for a minute, then they plummet towards earth!!

Okay, I had a really weird experience with the Lucid Task...

Katharine says:
      oh but i had the strangest LD last night
      Katharine says:
      let me share it with you
      Katharine says:
      I was watching tv in my new room and I started to doze off, so I did this new thing I've wanted to try
      Katharine says:
      where I pretend i'm walking and then purposely fall, like through a hole
      Katharine says:
      well, as I fell through the hole my body went numb and I was starting to WILD
      Katharine says:
      I came through the hole and i was in my old room at home
      Katharine says:
      and I was floating above my bed, at first i was just a big black mass of material
      Katharine says:
      then my body took shape
      Katharine says:
      I tried to lucid task of the month (break the mirror and look at the reflection in the glass)
      etrain says:
      Oh damn.
      Katharine says:
      well, I couldn't stop flying..well it was more like floating, i was just like a head shoulders neck and arms
      etrain says:
      Hmm.
      Katharine says:
      yea, and then i was like black mass the rest of me
      Katharine says:
      it was weird, like particles
      Katharine says:
      anyway, i float towards the mirror trying to smash it
      Katharine says:
      only at first I can't stay put in front of it, I'm floating around like a fucking cloud
      etrain says:
      Hmm
      Katharine says:
      so i slam into my wall, lol
      Katharine says:
      that pisses me off
      etrain says:
      Ha.
      Katharine says:
      so i punch the fucking mirror
      Katharine says:
      and my hand goes right through it
      Katharine says:
      and it starts sucking me in, so I grab my dressor and pull myself back
      etrain says:
      Odd.
      Katharine says:
      i look around my room for something to smash the mirror with
      Katharine says:
      and there's like 25 bongs on my table
      Katharine says:
      so i start hurling them at the mirror and they all just go right through it
      Katharine says:
      i get so mad I just knock all the bongs on the floor and it starts to make me wake up, so I try to stay in the dream, but suddenly I can hear the tv and then I wake up in my room
      etrain says:
      Hmm.
      etrain says:
      Interesting.
      Katharine says:
      i think it's more the feeling of the dream than the content that bothered me
      etrain says:
      Damn.
      etrain says:
      That is odd.
      etrain says:
      Funny that you had 26 bongs though.

Yea, I was just telling him about it, so I didn't want to retype everything. Anyway, the thing that concerns me about this lucid task is I have this weird feeling I'll smash the mirror and wake up and find that I really broke a mirror, lol.

"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you yet, you've yet to understand it."
      -Niels Bohr

I will try again tonight. My dreaming has been really fucked up lately...just moved...starting college, all sorts of stress factors

"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you yet, you've yet to understand it."
      -Niels Bohr

USA
      Originally posted by themindsi
      I will try again tonight. *My dreaming has been really fucked up lately...just moved...starting college, all sorts of stress factors
      ...and 26 bongs! Good luck next time!
      -gandhi

http://www.dreamviews.com/forum/viewtopic....p=207311#207311

I posted about it with some of the things that happened last night as well. Didn't want to double post

Originally posted by Blizzz
      The sixth LD was when i decided to try for the advanced lucid task of the month. *Now i've always had problems trying to go into space. *I've obviously never been there so it seems tough to recreate something i've never really experienced in my mind. *Well I did succeed, and this is how it happened. *I started off flying in the middle of the night . *Sometimes it feels like i run out of stamina while flying and I start to sag back down to the earth and it usually why i can't get into space. *I've found that yelling \"One step higher\" or \"Higher\" would allow me to keep going up without much energy. *In short I got WAYYYY up in space. *The problem was trying to locate a satellite before losing lucidity. *It was rather unstable up there so I had to really concentrate. *When I eventually found one, i coasted toward it and grabbed onto the top part. *I remember exactly how it felt. *There was a long extension off it that was cylindrical and made up of a bunch of thin metal beams. *I grabbed it to hold on and it felt exactly like what a whisk would feel like but much more sturdy. *I hitched a ride for a while traveling through the stars enjoy the sights. *I then realized that I should probably return to earth. *But since my friends wouldn't believe that I had been up there, I decided to bring the satellite back down with me. *Getting home was the hardest part. *I was so far out in space that I couldn't find the earth so i literally had to create the earth to come back to. *Finding the correct country was a problem too. *Eventually I found where I should be and returned in bringing the satellite with me. *When I finally landed somewhere in a field i left the satellite and lost lucidity. *It was pretty intense. *I remember at one time out in space where it started getting really dark I decided to shout out *\"SUN!\" and what do you know. *The sun appeared (a little close for my liking) but appeared nonetheless lighting up the dream.
      -I double posted for you -Seeker

well i was able to do the lucid task, but not the advanced task. since i dont have the internet at my house, i couldn't post this the morning after so i wrote down the main events of my dream but sadly forget the small details.

i started out in the woods and noticed everything covered in flames forcing me to realize im dreaming. somehow i thought about the mirror task and started searching for one. after a few minutes passed, with no luck, i decided to try and conjure up one. when i looked around me i found a big one like 10 ft tall. i then looked for something to break it with, but to no avail. so i punched it, and it didnt hurt nor did my knuckles bleed. then i picked up a piece of the mirror to see my reflection and i could not see anything. damnest thing happened next, i lost all control of my dream and stabed my self in the neck. i started gushing blood, and crying and trying to scream, but i could only die. then i woke up. this was the first time in about 8 years that i have woke up scarred. not fun.

* DV Veteran * Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class Made Friends on DV 50000 Hall Points
      USA
      Well my dry spell of over a month ended and I actually remembered both tasks!

After feeling the vibrations and strengthening them, I rolled off the couch and went outside. For some reason I was hesistant to "open" my eyes until I was out of the house and once I did, everything became bright and clear.

I found myself walking down an empty neighborhood street when I remembered the first "easy" task. I knew that I needed to find a mirror when a DC man and woman approached me. I recalled O'neironaut's post (thanks so much O'neironaut!!) and asked to the female DC to give me her mirror. She hands me her compact which has a mirror and I throw it to the ground (so much for my fear of 7 years bad luck)! I recall the mirror doesn't break but I can't recall what happened next with the mirror!! (Unfortunately, I had a FA and when I finally did wake up, I found out that I hadn't written down ANYTHING so pieces of my dream are missing).

The next thing I do recall is looking up and seeing a large CRUISE SHIP sailing by through the clouds. There were DCs leaning over the side smiling and waving at me. I and the female DC levitate up to the railing and the passengers tell us to give them our hands and they help lift us on board.

My new female traveling companion and I walk around the deck taking in the sights. As we walk around the pool, there are three male DCs laying side by side on lounges. These guys appear to be bodybuilders and they say something (though I can't recall what) that I don't find to be funny. I notice that the lounges are one solid metal piece and I walk up to the lounge in the middle. I grasp the foot of the lounge and lift it (and the bodybuilder laying on it) over my head and held him in mid-air for a few seconds before putting him back down. The look of shock on their faces was priceless and my friend and I walk off laughing.

I then remember the second "advanced" task. I thought once again of O'neironaut's trick of falling into space and I got on my hands and knees but couldn't seem to navigate it. I decide to go back to my old standby which is merely thinking "up" and I take of like a rocket towards the heavens. I get into space and I see the Milky Way before me. It is vast and beautiful and I spend a few minutes just looking at it. For some reason, I then get preoccupied with trying to find constellations and I completely forget to look for a satellite!!

I start to lose lucidity and experience the FA where I think I'm writing in my journal but didn't and then I slip into a non-lucid dream.

Sooo, I did remember to do both tasks (I might have even completed the first one and I managed to get into space for the second one).

The month is still young!

I tried to go to space once in a non-lucid dream, but that damn ozone layer is tough!!
      Courtney est ma reine. Et oui, je suis roi.

Apprentice: Pastro
      Apprentess: Courtney Mae
      Adoptee: Rokuni

100% of the people I meet are idiots. If you are the one guy in the world who isn't an idiot, put this in your sig line.

Finally.

Well it started out at my Granny's backyard,but it was completely different.During the dream i kept watching my hands which helped me stay lucid for sure.Anyway i remembered my mission and started looking for a mirror.Suddenly there was a big window front of the mirror.
      I went closer and then kicked the mirror with my leg.The mirror shattered and when i went to look closer at the pieces.The pieces like melted back together to a new but smaller mirror.I could see my face perfectly, there were no cracks on the mirror.

-

After that i can't remember why i didn't go for the second task.I can only guess the sky was pitch black and i was too scared or something.
      After that I tried flying with my legs crossed(sitting].At start it was very uncomfortable but later on i could fly really fast that way.The things whoosed by and it was really cool.
      There was something about the wasps too but I can't remember what exactly.

This was definetly the longest LD I have had.
      LD-s so far(2006-????) : 99

Saw my reflection

Hey seeker, after your response to my questions about lucid tasks, I decided to plan to do the simple lucid task...
      Last thursday night I found myself in my room, and realized that I was dreaming. Then I remembered to go look in my mirror to see what the reflection would be. I was first a little bit afraid, because I don't know if i am ready for self confrontation. As in most lucids I have, when I realize that I am dreaming, I start to floath vertically. I started on floor level and slowly started to get higher, I passed my sink, my tab, toothbrush and stuff. After that I saw my mirror, I could see myself very vague and foggy. Then I tried to break the mirror, I tried to hit it with my fists, no response. I told myself: I can break it! I hit it really hard another time, but again, a whole mirror... Then I awoke.

Woohoo! Big dream last night : )

And I managed to complete both lucid tasks... The 'second' lucid dream I had last night, a mirror found it's way into the dream, and I decided to break it. When I broke it with my fist(and no cuts, i might add), it dented in, and cracked, those spider cracks that happen in glass when it breaks. I did this twice, and when I looked in the mirror, I saw my reflection regually, but there seemed to be an insubstantial 'ghost' of myself slowly floating away, and fading.

Then, remembering the OTHER lucid task, I worked on it awhile, till a floated up, and poofed over to the satellite. And then I stood on it. Oddly, it was wooden though, and looked more like an ark or something orbiting Earth. Hmmm...
      DOH!

Gaah!
      I managed to fail again!
      I remember summoning a mirror, it appeared on the wall, and i took it down...And i don't remember what happened next, so i don't know if i did it or not.

Maybe next time...

I think I did the second one but i'm not sure if it counnts because in it I was actually sonic the hedgehog. I didnt do first task because i'm scared to look in mirrors. I was allrwady in space when it startes an I flew toards a satelite and stood on it but it vanished does that count?

USA
      Almost did the advanced task last night, but a major breakthrough for me anyway!

I've been trying for two years now to get into orbit with absolutely no success. Last night, I think I found the reason for my mental block.

ROCKETS DO NOT GO STRAIGHT UP!

I've followed manned space flight since the Mercury missions, and so know quite a bit about orbital dynamics, I don't know why I didn't realize this before.

If you will remember, when a rocket clears the launch pad, it begins a gradual turn from 90 degrees until it is finally horizontal for correct orbital insertion. It is not enough just to gain altitude, it must also gain enough velocity in the horizontal, enough so that it is truly free falling.

When I realized that and flew using the correct dynamics, achieving orbit was no porblem.

However, could not find a sattellite before it faded

[EDIT} HOWEVER, I did complete Octobers advanced task! Ouch, I'll share it with you in a couple more weeks
      -gandhi

haha! excellent advice for space travel, seeker! The problem I keep having was that the ozone layer was really thick and I couldn't get through it. I'll try your method and see if I can get to space!
      Courtney est ma reine. Et oui, je suis roi.

Apprentice: Pastro
      Apprentess: Courtney Mae
      Adoptee: Rokuni

100% of the people I meet are idiots. If you are the one guy in the world who isn't an idiot, put this in your sig line.

YESSS!!!!
      advanced challenge I just came back to DV community and my wish has been fufilled, alright seek
      It says my lucid age is 10 years+ that&#39;s true but I still have recall issues

Originally posted by Seeker
      When I realized that and flew using the correct dynamics, achieving orbit was no porblem.
      Since when do the laws of physics apply in a dream?

Well, in any case, I'm glad it was no "porblem".
      Wayne

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/3741/zcsig8gs.jpg

Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti...

USA
      Originally posted by TygrHawk

Since when do the laws of physics apply in a dream? *
      Yeah, you are right. Guess it is just a stumbling block for me!
      -gandhi

Why fly? Why not just teleport?
      DOH!

Okay, I actually completed the normal lucid task about 4 or 5 days ago but i haven't had time to post with school and all..

After being lucid for quite some time I remembered the lucid task and found a mirror. I punched it and cut my hand a little bit, and the glass shattered around on the floor, I remember various DC's saying to me "Take it easy!!!" n "You Wildin!!" haha, i thought it was funny, I was like "Oh shut up, you're not even real" Anyway, I looked down into the broken pieces...and it was pretty much exactly like what it would have been if it had shattered in real life. Dissatisfied I picked up a large broken chunk of mirror and held it out in front of me, a bright white light kind of opened up in the center of my face and kind of engulfed it, I picked up another piece of the glass and watched myself smile and I had like 4 missing teeth!!! Ahhh!! I didn't like that at all, then I went swimming.

-Niels Bohr

Originally posted by NullAshton
      Why fly? Why not just teleport?
      "Advanced Lucid task: Fly to orbit and ride on a satellite "

Helsinki, Finland
      I have a good task for the next month:

find god, talk to god and ask him/her:

1. What the purpose of life is
      2. How long you have to live
      3. ...anything

wouldn't that be interesting?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast