• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
      USA
      Introduction:

This topic is for the Lucid Tasks I assigned this month. During this month, please attempt one or both of the tasks.

Report back in this thread, even if you didn't successfully accomplish the task, your efforts should make interesting reading! This is required in order to get credit, it is no longer sufficient just to say that you did it.

Whoever completes either of these tasks gets the following goodies until the end of the month:

*** Your name will be displayed in ORANGE in the online members list at the bottom of the main forum page.

*** You will receive a special title and badge

*** You will receive access to the "Lucid Task Club" which is a limitted access forum for people that complete the lucid task each month.

Tasks for this month:

Lucid Task: Walk up to a dream character and ask him/her to be your valentine

Advanced Lucid task: Summon or find a tornado and get sucked up into it.
      you must be the change you wish to see in the world...
      -gandhi

Looks like fun.

vapaa
      yeah go advanced task!!! this is going to be so sweet
      Total lucid dreams=88
      LD goal: Master WILD
      http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x156/freefire_2007/mee-1.jpg
      ^me

spam link removed
      ^that site is a great way to make extra cash.

LD Count
      100+
      Michigan/Denver
      DJ Entries
      Ok, so ever since this tornado task was decided in the task club I've been trying unsuccessfully. So here are some failed attempts from the last few days.

Early Attempt at February's Task

I think I'm dreaming and do a RC jump up to sky, it doesn't work at first but I know I'm dreaming so I do it again and get liftoff. I fly around and people keep talking to me, but I ignore them. I look at all the dust and fog around and will a tornado, but the dust only goes into a funnel, and dissipates. It feels like the future because there are cars and bars in sky. I see a whirlwind over a distance and try fly to it. People keep grabbing me, I let my boots fall off, a flying car hits me right in the face but I know it can't harm me, but it did take me back a bit.

Another Attempt

I remember the tornado task and try to make some. Everytime I get a funnel cloud going, it disappears when I approach it. I did however notice a really strong one from time to time that I thought I could get sucked into except when I approached it, some music would stop and the tornado would fall like dust. I thought to myself that the next time I hear that music, I'm going to rush outside and jump in that tornado. I think it was incubus. When I try the tornado task, I keep making lots of little funnels that keep disappearing, I can't keep them going to get sucked in.

Anyway, for the complete entries see my journal. I will get this task!

I hate tornados.
      They haunted me for a good couple of decades.

I hate valentines.
      Unless Johnny Depp appears in my LD, I'm not asking anyone to be my valentine.

Hmmm.

Possible death by tornado or encounter a potentially clingy DC?
      Maybe I can ask a DC to be my valentine then laugh as I summon a tornado to wisk me far away from him.

Mostly Harmless
      Oh, if I can break out of this lucid dry spell, I so have a particular *new* DC in mind to ask to be my valentine. She showed up last night in my dreams and cooked me dinner.

DJ Entries
      *walks up to sloth* be my valentine?!
      DDK3-3
      Adopted: Ska
      MyDreamJournal

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      many many
      London - UK
      OK, so after my poor attempts at January's task I just did the Tornado one! :yumdumdoodledum:

I was in the middle of a lengthy and vivid adventure where I, plus a group of mates, were in some kind of industrial complex looking for a lift down to a sub-basement level. Here I knew there was a valve that needed to be turned off and would shut down the bad guy's operation. There were lots of doors all looking the same and the only way you could tell the elevator was a small grey button in the grey wall next to the door. To make matters worse we were being chased by a bunch of mean mercenaries. Eventually found an elevator down but ended up at ground level in a kind of public plaza, so looked for another elevator to go down to the basement. After much running about and dodging the baddies, we found two small hatches side by side, and pressed the call button. A lift arrived and unfolded itself from the much too tiny hatch. At this point I became lucid (I lecture on deployable structures amongst other things and it wasnt right&#33

So I straight away remembered the task, but considered just going on with the adventure. Decided tornados would be more fun and summoned one by spinning (seemed very appropriate). When I stopped spinning there were ominous marshmallow skies and a twister like a water spout comming towards us from accross the parking lot. It was about six feet wide at the base and seemed to be made of grey/brown water with leaves and grass. Very relieved that this materialisation was easier than making a snowman I flew up to enter it. At first I couldn't - it was like we were the same electrical charge - I kept approaching it and it would spin around me. Eventually succeeded and got sucked in. All I could see was the water and leaves spinning and the feeling of tremendous force - but nothing else seemed to be happening. So I dropped out of it and was left there holding onto its base. It was like a huge writhing snake or hose attached to the sky. I noticed that my friends were also holding tornados (about seven) but they looked rather concerned as if they had a tiger by the tail! I suggested that we all run around each other like the maypole dance - I thought perhaps we could make a giant one. It kind of worked but when we let go the whole thing sucked itself back into the sky. At this moment the mercenaries appeared from inside a building - they hadn't noticed the tornado thing and approached us with menace. I of course had no fear and I think they sensed this because they didn't try anything but instead looked kinda sheepish - there was quite a crowd of public by now. The sergeant was literally dripping in guns, grenades and knives - I said to him, pointing at his weapons, 'Is there something wrong with you?' everyone laughed including me and I woke up!

Flying squirrels FTW!!! Snowy Egypt's Avatar
      The Anime World
      Ok, this time I'll try to do the the normal task. I don't think I'm ready for the advanced one yet. :sweat1:

Wish me luck!!!
      http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/1596/sleepingpikachu4.jpg
      This guy, , and this guy, , are mine. BACK OFF!

i think asking something weird like a cactus or like a tree to be your valentine..... i wonder if anything will happen. or maybe your reflection. that would be wild. yea
      give peace a chance

Lucid Dreams: 13

pj
      (Success at both - Feb. 4. First lucid I've had in weeks, too. Controlling the things is a breeze - it's getting there that's the battle right now.)

After getting up and going back to sleep on the couch in the living room, I hear what I think is my son's alarm go off and think, "Damn it... it's Sunday - he should have shut that off. His bedroom door opens, but there is no light behind him as usual. I RC and become lucid.

He walks into the kitchen and starts making himself breakfast. I think it would be fun to go mess with him, so I follow him (floating, like a ghost) into the kitchen, drift up behind him and lay my hands on his shoulders, but they pass right through! I realize I AM a ghost. So I look around our kitchen, which is full of plants that have never been there before. I look at the delicate leaves and the detail, as my son passes through me several times before going back to his bedroom.

I go into the dining room and a strange dog is there. It is a pit bull. I reach down to pet it, and it bites me and won't let go. There is no pain - I know this is a dream and find this all amusing. I think, "Well, am I going to waste all this here or go find me a tornado?" I know it is COLD outslde, (-1 F here for real at the moment,) but open the door and go outside, bracing for a cold blast.

It is a fall day. There is a powerful wind and I can see a green-black cloud to the north-west. This isn't quite right - tornadic storms generally approach our house from the south-west. I take three steps and push into the sky.

I can see a black funnel a few blocks away from me. I fly higher, and as I do the wind gets worse and things get louder and louder. As I approach the funnel, the wind from behind me just starts carrying me, so I stop consciously flying and let it take me.

I am in the tornado. At first, I can't see anything. It is terribly loud, and I am getting buffeted by debris - but it doesn't hurt, because I decide it doesn't. I sort of swim toward what I think is the middle of the thing. It seems a bit calmer here. There is a lot of brown stuff - leaves and wood chunks and whatnot. I find the dead middle and lay on my back. I know it is the middle because I start rotating around like a top. It is comfortable, but gets boring quickly.

I'm already spinning, so I close my eyes and decide to emerge in a park with lots of people where I can ask a DC to be my Valentine. I open my eyes and am in a suburban neighborhood. There is a park and a river just a half block away, and it is full of people. The people all look like bad Japanese anime though - so I stop and study my hands for a bit. When I look up, they are real people.

I find somebody with long hair in a brown coat who looks really sad, just by the way she's walking, though I can't see her face. I come up behind her and say, "Hey... would you be my valentine?" as I walk up beside her. She turns away from me and heads off in a new direction. I put my hand on her shoulder and whisper again, "Would you please be my valentine?" She looks at me and I can finally see her face. She is probably about my age, with an injury over one of her eyes. With her eyes looking at the ground, she says, "Leave me alone. Go find somebody else."

Well, I asked.

(At this point, things fade away really fast. I know that I could pretty easily WILD now, because once a lucid occurs in a night it seems to be really easy to get back there - but I can feel the beginnings of a headache from too much sleep and decide to get up.)
      On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
      --Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

The temptation to quit will be greatest just before you are about to succeed.
      --Chinese Proverb

Raised Jdeadevil
      Raised and raised by Eligos
      Dream Journal
      The Fine Print: Unless otherwise stated, the views expressed are MINE.

Australia
      Wow! what an awesome dream! Ive been having so many lucid dreams lately its insane so im going to try the valentine task. Kinda glad i didn´t do it last night though because i was lucid with my sister and that would have just been weird...

pj
      Quote Originally Posted by someweirdsin View Post
      Wow! what an awesome dream! Ive been having so many lucid dreams lately its insane so im going to try the valentine task. Kinda glad i didn´t do it last night though because i was lucid with my sister and that would have just been weird...
      [/b]
      Thank you!

I had three lucid dreams all last month - two of them in the same night, and none in the past few weeks. I wish I better understood the conditions that make this happen.

It sure was fun though!

--Chinese Proverb

Raised Jdeadevil
      Dream Journal

Ok, i tried the tonado summonig thing which is a very bad idea for me because i am horrified of tornados, ok, this is how it went, i was standing on the roof of my house when i bacame lucid, i jumped off and dream spun to summon a tornado, one came and i jumped into it. i felt my self spinnign around and my head started ti hurt, it turned into a nightmare and i wooke up twisted in my blankets and on the floor.

If in my dreams is the only way to be with you.....then let me dream forever.~</span>

* DV Veteran * Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class Made Friends on DV 50000 Hall Points
      USA
      Wow.. great tornado dreams everyone&#33;&#33;

I didn&#39;t get to the advanced task but I was able to complete the basic task.

I woke up about 3:45am, went to the bathroom and then went back to bed. After about 30 minutes.. I felt like my body was asleep but I wasn&#39;t totally sure. I lay there debating for about 10 minutes when I finally decided to go for it and rolled off the bed.

I don&#39;t recall going outside but I found myself on a street with people strolling by me.

I started walking against the crowd (I don&#39;t know why).. when I noticed that ADAM BEACH was walking towards me&#33;&#33;

For those who don&#39;t know who Adam Beach is .. he starred in "Flags of our Fathers, Windtalkers, Squanto, etc.

Anyway, I had just watched him in a movie called "Now and Forever" and he&#39;d made quite an "impression" on me (if ya know what I mean).

So I reacted as any mature woman would... I let out a girly "OH MY GOD&#33;&#33;" and went GALLOPING up to him&#33;&#33;

When I reached him.. he was smiling at me and I grabbed his face between my hands and gushed.. "Would you go out with me?&#33;?&#33;"

(Wait.. that&#39;s not right.. CRAP.. what&#39;s the REAL question?&#33;?&#33

With my VISE-LIKE grip still on his face.. I asked, "Will you be my VALENTINE?&#33;?&#33;"

He blinked a couple of times but didn&#39;t answer me&#33;

Heck.. that&#39;s good enough for me (he didn&#39;t say no)&#33; So I let go of his face, took his hand and we started walking down the street going with the flow of the crowd.

As we walked we saw a beautiful young man sitting crosslegged in the middle of the street in running shorts and a tank top. On the front of his shirt, where normally a competitor&#39;s number would be pinned, was the word "SEX" in large letters. OOOOkaaaay.. I sense a theme here..

We kept walking and I noticed other actors in the crowd&#33;&#33; I can&#39;t remember all those I saw but I do remember Will Smith was one of them.

The dream then faded into a non-lucid, which is the kiss of death for me cuz I normally lose some of my recall of the lucid dream if I don&#39;t wake up immediately when the lucid part ends and write it all down.

Well.. that&#39;s it (but I&#39;m still gonna try for a tornado)&#33;

Flying squirrels FTW!!! Snowy Egypt's Avatar
      The Anime World
      Umm... Seeker, what do the badges look like? On my home computer and my mom&#39;s laptop, they both have that red X IPB Image symbol.

I LOVE THE DANCING COW&#33;&#33;&#33;
      http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/1596/sleepingpikachu4.jpg
      This guy, , and this guy, , are mine. BACK OFF!

Quote Originally Posted by pj View Post
      I wish I better understood the conditions that make this happen.
      [/b]
      Yes, please figure that out, then tell me&#33; Congrats on the lucids, really cool.

Yours too Clairity; that&#39;s the way to do it&#33;

pj
      Quote Originally Posted by Moonbeam View Post
      Yes, please figure that out, then tell me&#33; Congrats on the lucids, really cool.
      [/b]
      Thanks, Moonbeam.

Another night of ZERO recall.

*sigh*

--Chinese Proverb

Raised Jdeadevil
      Dream Journal

USA
      Great tornado&#39;s&#33; Everyone is having a much easier time with this than with the snowmen.

Badges will arrive soon, I hope.
      -gandhi

* DV Veteran * Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class Made Friends on DV 50000 Hall Points
      USA
      Quote Originally Posted by Moonbeam View Post
      Congrats on the lucids, really cool.

Yours too Clairity; that&#39;s the way to do it&#33;
      [/b]
      Thank ya very muchly&#33;

Hmm. My pic just came up and seemed to have replaced the previous poster&#39;s with the same text.
      Actually provoked a reality check, but soon realised it was me hitting the wrong key - must be time for bed

I was lucidly tunneling through a brick wall (windows are easy, wanted to try something different...) when I remembered I was supposed to be on a tornado hunt last night. Went for slimslowslider&#39;s spinning technique but just ended up in a room full of people spinning on a dance floor. Looked like I&#39;d crashed a wedding of spinners. Or maybe I was seeing lots of dreamviewers also trying to spin up a tornado?

Am going to put a drawing of one under my pillow tonight to aid incubation. Hoping to get this month&#39;s wings a bit quicker than the last couple.

Pity I wasn&#39;t lucid when Mr Depp DID turn up a few nights ago. Should&#39;ve realised that an encounter with him was a) HIGHLY unlikely and that b) he was hovering 10feet above the ground at the time

Could&#39;ve done the valentine task in style had I reality checked&#33;&#33;

I have returned!
      United Kingdom
      it took me two attempts, but I finally completed the Task&#33;&#33;&#33;
      The first time, I had this dream about zombies, where I could see very vividly green flesh and slightly melted waxy skin. Suprisingly it wasn&#39;t a nightmare, it was more of a comedy because I could see this zombie singing and I laughed, at this point I became lucid and remembered the task because I had imprinted it on my mind by repeating it as I went to sleep. However, when I tried to summon the DC I wanted to ask this women came along, and I recognised her from previous dreams, not the way she looked, but the prescence. I had felt that prescence in other dreams, (DG perhaps?). So I forgot the task and woke up to my complete annoyance.

Second attempt:
      I was never very good at asking in real life, but when I saw the DC I wanted to ask I remembered (In a kind of weird half way) so I went up to the DC, who was a repetitive ignorent person who in my dreams sits in the corner doing nothing. I asked and they just looked at me weirdly before the dreamscape changed and I lost all lucidity. The rest of the dream was just strange, I think it was the zombies again, can&#39;t actually remember...

anyway, I completed my first Lucid Task of the month&#33;&#33;&#33;
      If you have to quote me on anything, quote me as saying,

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof as fools are so ingenious..."

Calgary, CANADA
      I completed the tasks this morning, well, once I remembered that there were new tasks they kind of completed themselves. My wife and I were outside our house and it was hot and clear out, this was the give away as its in the minuses and gloomy with snow everywhere when I&#39;m awake .

I started to walk around to my back yard with my wife and while trying to think of things I wanted to do, I remembered the tasks. I pulled a set of daisies out of my back pocket (yes my wife likes daisies and hates roses) and waited until she reached the gate. When she opened it she turned around and I asked her to be my valentine like I had never done so before. She grinned at me clearly about to go into her usual hard to get coy little manner, until she saw the daisies. I cued up some rain at this point as there was another task to be had and that sundress of hers would look absolutely killer if it was wet . I didn&#39;t really have to do much but expect the tornado and there it was. My wife looked over my shoulder in complete shock, I turned to see the damn thing only a house or two away already and figured she could make the journey with me. I grabbed her hand and tugged her off toward it.

My wife protested all the way which made moving against the wind even more difficult. Being the romantic gentleman that I am...I picked her up and threw into the tornado. I jumped in right behind her of course and what I saw made me laugh so hard I sat down and eventually woke up smiling. I was in Oz, go figure&#33;
      If there is no spoon, you don't get any oatmeal.

USA
      What is it with zombies? I&#39;m going to design a task around them some time. Maybe ask a zombie out on a date?

Congrats on the tasks folks&#33;
      -gandhi

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      many many
      London - UK
      Quote Originally Posted by IceMan View Post
      because I could see this zombie singing
      [/b]

BTW Congrats all on the tornados and valentines...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast