• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Equilibrioception and proprioception in attempted WILD

Last night, I tried to have another 'standard' lucid but just slept right through. Not wanting to wait again until tonight, I attempted a WILD.
      I sat in a comfy chair and put a blanket over my face and body (didn't reach my feet though). I took very deep breaths and concentrated on the blackness in front of me, trying to blank out any thoughts that came along. I saw very little hypnogogic imagery (a little faint purple flickering), but what did happen was very wierd. At first it felt as though something was trying to 'smear' me in two directions, my head to the left and my lower body to my right (anti-clockwise direction). I was entirely sure that my head was tilted to the left, but when I opened my eyes my orientation hadn't changed. I closed my eyes once more. I looked upwards in my head (apparently a good technique to use) in order to get my hypnogogic imagery going, and the 'smearing' returned. Then I felt as if my chair was being turned around, slowly. The spinning got faster and faster, to the point where I felt a little nausious it felt just like I was on an office chair, and someone was spinning me round, faster and faster. I felt like I would almost fly off. I could still feel my feet on the carpet, but I could also feel everything around me spinning very fast.
      In the end, I opened my eyes and got up, a little freaked out, but thinking 'that was insane!'.
      Even though it didn't end in a WILD, it was still one of the craziest things I've experienced in my life.

Has anyone else experienced a disruption of their balance/body awareness senses while trying to WILD?

N.B I think this is the right forum to put this in, if not please inform me. Thanks

once while attempting to WILD in bed i had a somewhat similar experience.

i was lying on my back, and felt SP start to come on.suddenly i started to turn slowly, then within a few seconds VERY quickly. so fast that my 'dream arms' and legs were spread eagled from the centrigal force. for a second i feared they would smash into the nearby wall to my left, but then realized they obviously couldn't be my real limbs

it felt like i raised about three inches off the bed as i rapidly oscillated for about twenty seconds, then woke up.

pretty wild experience.

“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” (or better yet: three...)
      George Bernard Shaw

No theory, no ready-made system, no book that has ever been written will save the world. I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker. - Mikhail Bakunin

It's a pretty wierd experience, and it's difficult to fall asleep when you feel like you're on a roller coaster
      Just a quick question: When I'm trying to WILD, I keep very still, and I get a 'pins-and-needles' feeling in my hands, and a little in my feet. Is this a sign that SP is coming, or just that the circulation is being cut off?
      I came a little closer today, as everything suddenly got 'darker', even though my eyes were still closed, I felt less aware of my real surroundings, and my vision had closed in a little. Still didn't get much hypnogogics though

The Netherlands
      The feelings yuo get from WILD are so cool,. they allways snap me back to being a bit more awake. I never can pass that treshold <=/

keep on tryin' btw, you Will succeed!
      “What a peculiar privilege has this little agitation of the brain which we call 'thought'” -Hume

yeah, pins and needles sounds about right. everyone feels SP slightly differently. any vibrations, shaking, buzzing, tingling, pins and needles, sinking feeling, levitating feeling, phantom limbs, etc are all good signs.

HI isn't completely neccessary for a WILD. i have simply waited long enough in SP, and my dreambody sort of pops to the surface like a cork in water.
      and if you do have HI, don't get all excited and try to 'grab them', change them, or 'force' yourself into the scene. it has ended my WILD attempts everytime i do something like that. simply wait, and PASSIVELY watch.

i've had probably 5 or 6 WILDs (out of many attempts), and each was one of the few times i actually remained patient and didnt' try to rush things

“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” (or better yet: three...)
      George Bernard Shaw

No theory, no ready-made system, no book that has ever been written will save the world. I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker. - Mikhail Bakunin