• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Banned

Are lucid dreams normally first or third person for you?

Topic

Sor - Tee - Le - Gee - O Sortilegio's Avatar
      lalala
      First person, although it feels like if where actually inside my head with the thoughts . Every now and then a third person view comes along, like when morphing, or traveling inside others people thoughts, or simply when trying to get a glimpse of myself.
      Here and there...

mostly first person...

however, when i'm entering WILD, i usually view the forming dreamscene in third person, and am forced to inhabit a DC in order to operate from first person perspective.

and i non-lucid dream in third person about 10-15% of the time.

“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” (or better yet: three...)
      George Bernard Shaw

No theory, no ready-made system, no book that has ever been written will save the world. I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker. - Mikhail Bakunin

Love Street
      This is a great topic! With me, it varies. Sometimes I am in first person, sometimes I am in third.
      Shine on, you crazy diamond!

Raised: The Blue Meanie, Exobyte

Adopted: MarcusoftheNight

My dreams are mostly in first-person, although there will usually be a point in them where the veiwpoint cuts away so that I can see myself, just for a moment.

For example, the other night I started thinking about a coat, and it cut away so that I was looking back at myself to see that I was suddenly wearing the coat.

It happens rarely, but I also have those dreams where I am just a disembodied observer, and Kafine is nowhere to be found in the dream scenario at all. What do you call that?
      Roddi i mi galon lán

Banned
      Yes, for me, in non lucid dreams.. (All I'm getting now.. heh.. close to a LD though.) It's almost always third person. LD's.. don't know yet. I wonder why it's third person in non LD's, but normally 3rd person for LD's?

Banned
      It happens rarely, but I also have those dreams where I am just a disembodied observer, and Kafine is nowhere to be found in the dream scenario at all. What do you call that?[/b]
      There's a name for that I know... It's not an OBE, I know that. Hmmm...

Almost all my dreams, lucid or not, are 1st person. I've only had two dreams that I can recall where the view switched to 3rd person -- one was lucid, one was not -- and those were only for brief periods.

Originally posted by kafine
      It happens rarely, but I also have those dreams where I am just a disembodied observer, and Kafine is nowhere to be found in the dream scenario at all. What do you call that?
      ummmm... a movie?
      Wayne

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/3741/zcsig8gs.jpg

Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti...

Milwaukee, WI
      Most of my dreams are in first person...although sometimes third.

I can't say I can recall ever having a dream in 3rd person - all mine are 1st person.

Mostly Harmless
      Originally posted by Burns
      I can't say I can recall ever having a dream in 3rd person - all mine are 1st person.
      Okay, I can't speak about LD's, cos I haven't had any. But my Non-lucids: I'm usually first-person, and when I am, I'm my normal waking self... I'm first-person "me". But fairly often I get a dream which doesn't involve "me" at all. Rather, I'm an observer or a narrator, watching or narrating events... if that makes sense. Like, just this morning, I was narrating as a group of pirates mutinied, and tied up Owen Wilson in a pirate flag, and left him on a desert island. I think the british navy rescued Owen. Huh...

Originally posted by The Blue Meanie
      Okay, I can't speak about LD's, cos I haven't had any. But my Non-lucids: I'm usually first-person, and when I am, I'm my normal waking self... I'm first-person "me". But fairly often I get a dream which doesn't involve "me" at all. Rather, I'm an observer or a narrator, watching or narrating events... if that makes sense. Like, just this morning, I was narrating as a group of pirates mutinied, and tied up Owen Wilson in a pirate flag, and left him on a desert island. I think the british navy rescued Owen. Huh...
      LOL - don't you wonder where these messed up dreams come from? I've always said that I should always be lucid because none of my dreams ever make sense or is anything that would happen in real life.

Mostly Harmless
      Originally posted by Burns

LOL - don't you wonder where these messed up dreams come from? I've always said that I should always be lucid because none of my dreams ever make sense or is anything that would happen in real life.

hehehehe... I kinda like my crazy dreams, actually... heh. I'm trying to LD though, of course... but learning to have a WILD is just a long process of trial and error. I'll get there, though. Until then, I'll enjoy my crazy pirate dreams.

It really varies with me.

It can be seen out of my own eyes, from some random perspective, or out of the eyes of another person or even another inanimate object. o.o

I saw myself as a bottle of ketchup once.

99.99% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you have and you've enjoyed it, copy & paste this into your signature line. Everyone else, you're lying!

Atashermi
      Originally posted by kafine
      "Omniscent" is what I would consider it. It could still be considered 3rd person if you have a "main character" that you're following around.

As for me, all my LDs have started out with me in first person, mainly since it results from me doing RCs. Sometimes it will switch, though. For example, sometimes if I'm spinning I'll switch to 3rd person and see myself spinning. As for non-LDs, probably 70-80% of the time it's 3rd person.

"If there was one thing the lucid dreaming ninja writer could not stand, it was used car salesmen."

Mostly Harmless
      Originally posted by Amethyst Star

"Omniscent" is what I would consider it. It could still be considered 3rd person if you have a "main character" that you're following around.

As for me, all my LDs have started out with me in first person, mainly since it results from me doing RCs. Sometimes it will switch, though. For example, sometimes if I'm spinning I'll switch to 3rd person and see myself spinning. As for non-LDs, probably 70-80% of the time it's 3rd person.
      I wonder whether the 3rd person/1st person dichotomy has anything to do with the intorversion/extroversion personality trait???

Banned
      I mostly have first person, but it happens that I've third person aswell. I hate third person, since it doesn't feel any realistic with it.

The majority of the time I have 3rd person views, but I often have 1st person views-I'd say, in the ratio of 3:2
      My view usually changes quickly, and switches between the different views a few times, about once a minute, but sometimes much less often, sometimes not at all.

Adopted: Spirit, MCM1013

I can't remember having a dream in the third person. I'm always first person or an arbitrary point in space (camera).

*wonders if it's possible to have a second person perspective dream*

Sor - Tee - Le - Gee - O Sortilegio's Avatar
      lalala
      Originally posted by The Blue Meanie

I wonder whether the 3rd person/1st person dichotomy has anything to do with the intorversion/extroversion personality trait???
      I think it has more to do with the way you are thinking(picturing) your dreams. Maybe some people picture themselfs doing things more from an alien point of view while others picture themselfs normaly, or it could depend on the action.
      Here and there...

I'm flicking through views all the time, I also have a slight bit of control over which view I have. When I'm moving I'll most the time be in 3rd, when just looking around I'll be in 1st
      I never thought dreams could be so intresting and that people thought about them in so much depth till I found out about this site and Lucid Dreaming.