• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Look Behind You

I had an LD!!! Had a question about it, though!

Well, lemme' start by saying w00t! I had an LD, a DILD, and DILDs are rare for me, so I'm happy! It wasn't a particularly long or vivid dream; I was sitting on the couch watching a movie with a friend. It was supposed to be Jurassic Park, but in the dream the movie was very very blurry-ish and, well... it wasn't even like watching a real TV, which was sorta what triggered the LD. In fact, there were two thoughts I had that triggered it:

I) Didn't I JUST see this movie? (I had seen Jurassic Park 2 hours before; I was actually asleep on the very couch I was dreaming about!)
      II) Why does this movie suck so much/why is it so blurry?

I know, kinda odd, but I knew I was dreaming at that point. I didn't do any one RC, I just knew it didn't make sense and that I was in a dream. Now, the weird thing happens. After I realized I was LDing, the dream kinda just "froze". The movie stopped, my friend was still, and nothing was happening! I was aware of my physical body, though I couldn't move it as I was in SP. After a few seconds I was surprised that an LD could be so bland, and quite honestly I was bored with nothing happening (I could not influence my dream in any way), so I attempted to get out of SP. After about 15 more seconds of trying to move, I finally "awoke" on my couch.

I should note that I've had a couple DILDs before, and even a few more WILD-type LDs, and have never experienced this. So, has anybody else encountered "frozen" LDs, and how do I avoid them in the future? Do I just have really bad control over my dreams?
      I'm Dreaming

Banned
      A frozen LD? Thats quite odd and the fact that you were aware of your Physical self in your dream is a touch odd and the fact that you knew you were in SP is a bit odd as well. Since when you dream I don't think you are normaly aware of your physical self? Or at least not in my experiences.

Many LD's can be blurry or not very clear, but there are reasons for that depending on the person itself. Most LD's are clear and vivid.

I can't really explain what happened to you as I have never experienced that before but maybe someone else has.

Look Behind You
      It was, like I said, quite weird! I wouldn't say I was both dreaming and awake at once; that's impossible, I think... It's just that I think my subconscious was trying almost to re-enter the dream unsuccessfully. I was probably actually awake and in SP, but only thought I was in the dream! That, or it was a false awakening, but the thing that is still weird is that I had no control in the dream at all. What do you do when you can't move or take any action in an LD? I know some people have little natural control, but complete paralyzation is ridiculous!

Also, yeah, the dream was very bland, but I don't know any way to improve that, other than taking vitamin B6 and being sensually aware when awake. Maybe that's why the dream was so "uncontrollable".
      I'm Dreaming

Banned
      Quote Originally Posted by Richter View Post
      It was, like I said, quite weird! I wouldn't say I was both dreaming and awake at once; that's impossible, I think... It's just that I think my subconscious was trying almost to re-enter the dream unsuccessfully. I was probably actually awake and in SP, but only thought I was in the dream! That, or it was a false awakening, but the thing that is still weird is that I had no control in the dream at all. What do you do when you can't move or take any action in an LD? I know some people have little natural control, but complete paralyzation is ridiculous!

Also, yeah, the dream was very bland, but I don't know any way to improve that, other than taking vitamin B6 and being sensually aware when awake. Maybe that's why the dream was so "uncontrollable".
      I have heard of having SP in a dream. Which is probably what happened. I didn't read my last post so I hope I am not contradicting myself :p. There are many ways to increase the vividness of a dream by rubbing the hands together, spinning in circles, yelling out commands "Increase Lucidness", "Increase Vividness", "Increase Clarity", etc. Those have all worked for me so give em a try next time you have a lucid dream.

teleportingindianinja Aspartamebraintumor's Avatar
      PA
      "Geoffry, raise the gate!" SHOOT-HA SHOOT-HA!