• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

How do I make someone appear in my dreams!?

I cannot do it all. I tried for like a whole month trying to get someone appear. I tried wishing them there, I tried saying there name, I tried turning around expecting to see this person but it doesn't work! I know it is all a dream and all in my head and that I can fully control but I just can't do it.

I only saw this person once in a lucid dream a month ago, but it was only because in my dream I was conveniently in the place where in real life the person would normaly be. (However I was disatisfied it because the person looked slightly different). (In my regular dreams I have seen this person way more times and they looked exactly like in real life).

Does anyone know how I can make someone appear wherever I am at? This is really bothering me and I really want to be able to do this in my lucid dream without always failing...
      "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people"

Carolina
      DJ Entries
      Some people say if you call them, then you expect them to pick up and you could talk to them? Or maybe meet up or something.
      "Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"

I don't think I can make a phone appear or any object for that matter.

I guess I might try actualy going around a corner expecting to see the person.
      "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people"

Banned
      Florida
      It's better if you go around the corner with the certainty that they will be there, even if you have to make a reason for them to be there, it just helps anchor the idea that so-and-so will be around that corner to give me blah-blah yada yada.

Oh and another thing, it's never a I can't, saying that is the root of all dream control troubles. I Wish You the Best & Good Luck

Carolina
      DJ Entries
      OR like if your in your house, just go to your house phone. Just remember, its YOUR dream so anythhing can happen. Just tell you self that.
      "Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"

I am actualy barely ever in the house in my lucid dream. All the time of I am outside. Only once in a while am I actualy inside a place. Infact I dont think ive ever had a lucid dream in my house except two times when i found myself in my room but woke up after a couple seconds because of lack of control from dream phenomenea.

Wales
      Perhaps you could ask a dream character to bring the person to you. Another idea is to say the person's name three times then turn around and they will be behind you. About 5 years ago when i used to watch this witch programme and thats what one of the witches used to do to make people appear.

GA
      I've only had one lucid dream, and I was really young.
      I didn't try to make anything appear or anything.

But now that I'm really trying for an LD all I want to do
      is see my girlfriend. She's in a different state, so we
      can't go to the movies every weekend or anything,
      but I really want to be able to go on a date with
      her in an LD. Could I make a person I know appear
      in an LD? I guess I could... It's my mind, right?

Someone said it's better for them to be there for
      a reason, what kind? Does it have to be something
      big, or can it just be her visiting? Since that's not
      impossible, and it's very likely to happen.

Having LDs sounds really cool, and feels weird.
      But, really, I would just like to go to the movie
      theatre with my girlfriend. I don't care if it's
      anything great, I just want to be able to touch
      her and everything.

Montreal
      All the techniques in this thread should work. My personal "trick" is to narrate my own dream . For instance, if I'm in a empty room, I turn around and I say to myself "when you turn again, there will be a whole bunch of people". Then I turn, and there is a whole bunch of people.

You have to believe it, otherwise your bidding may not be sufficient. Also, keep in mind that the unconscious part of your brain remains active, even in a lucid dream. People may change shapes, or not look exactly like they should.

I suggest to exercise the ability to generate actors in a dream. Try to make them appear, then disappear, then reappear, no matter who those people are. It's only an exercise, but it helps to eventually bring someone precise into a dream.

Note that technically an individual should not be able to speak to you in a LD, unless you command this person to speak, or let the subconscient speak for this person. But I do not recommend that last option, for letting the sub act can cause the loss of focus, and the return to a normal uncontrolled dream.

Holland
      Quote Originally Posted by Pyor View Post
      Note that technically an individual should not be able to speak to you in a LD, unless you command this person to speak, or let the subconscient speak for this person. But I do not recommend that last option, for letting the sub act can cause the loss of focus, and the return to a normal uncontrolled dream.
      Are you sure? I mean, just being lucid doesn't grand you full control over your dream and/or subconscience. Weird things still happen so it would sound logical to me that DC's can still talk without you specifically commanding them to.
      Last edited by Iamerik; 09-05-2007 at 09:30 PM.

Montreal
      Well, it can be discussed, of course. In my experience, I (the dreaming I) can chat with people in normal dreams. In (my) LDs, people are all mute(s), unless I command them to talk and decide on what they ought to say.

I, of course, try to remain in full control in / of LDs, fully focused, for it is to me the best way to remain in the LD state, otherwise the lucid dream could become a normal dream, with the loss of focus, which happens when I'm distracted in a dream.

Such a distraction can occur when someone says something that I did not tell him or her to say, which leads me to believe that losing focus and control can result in losing the LD state. Since LDs to me are recurrent but not that frequent, I prefer to remain in full control over the content, and have fun doing stuff I can't normally do IRL.

Lucid in life! ~Existence G0MPgomp's Avatar
      I re·side [primarily] in Norway...
      Cocreate them..

Visualize!
      I know who I am, as I become...

http://terror.sintrax.net/~geir/permanent/Gif/symbol.gif

Arrgh. Last night I had an extra long lucid dream. I tried ALL of the suggestions I think! I tried calling out the persons name three times and turning around, I even asked my brother (DC) where the person was. He said "over there" pointing behind me but there was no one behind me. I think I even tried using the phone but I could barely hear the voice I think.

If I just keep at it will it eventually come!?

Be patient. Keep thinking you can't and you won't.

The first time I've ever had this problem was last night. I wanted one person and got someone completely different, but usually if I say I want so and so and turn around, they are there.

Try thinking about that person before you fall asleep. I find that helps alot. If you can, look at a picture and make that the last thing you see before you close your eyes.
      Click here to visit the #1 AMC website!

LDs since June 22nd: about 20...I stopped counting

My Dream Journal

Try finding another DC and getting them to take you to the person['s house]. That, or the phone. Find a payphone, and have the operator connect you.
      "Of course it is all happening inside your head...but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"

~Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

AIDS ,CA
      Magic!

Any luck yet?
      Click here to visit the #1 AMC website!

LDs since June 22nd: about 20...I stopped counting

My Dream Journal

DJ Entries
      My first time pulling someone into my dream was really simple. I just willed them there, and viola, there they were. Of course, i payed no attention to the setting and i ended up on a baseball field infront of thousands of people. Luckily, it was just a dream and i ran out to first base and hugged them

Its just a matter of willing them. Wishing wont do it, you have to believe they are there
      DDK3-3
      Adopted: Ska
      MyDreamJournal

Ontario, Canada
      I have the same problem as you. It seems for me, anyway, that whoever I want to appear in a dream at my own will , will not appear if I call them , ask someone, turning corners and even turning around truly believe that they will be there. What works best for me is opening doors or making a door and expecting them to be on the other side. It mostly works all the time. Though, it seemes that the people who I truly want to see even when I'm lucid come on their own.

I hope my suggestion works

Good luck!

Wales
      Quote Originally Posted by TaNK View Post
      Try finding another DC and getting them to take you to the person['s house]. That, or the phone. Find a payphone, and have the operator connect you.
      I done that before, i saw this man so i asked him to drive me to a certain place and he did. I have also had this fail because some dream characters are not very helpful.

But wait... wouldn't the telephone not work? Isn't that one of the common dreamsigns? Electronics tend to be crappy and practically useless, don't they? Or is that just clocks and lights?

... Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      Who counts?
      Invisible Society
      Think deeply and with lots of confidence that you will turn around, and the person you want WILL be there. Then, turn around. OMG THERES ANGELINA JOLIE!@!@!

Wales
      Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
      But wait... wouldn't the telephone not work? Isn't that one of the common dreamsigns? Electronics tend to be crappy and practically useless, don't they? Or is that just clocks and lights?
      They have always worked when i tryed them amd hearing others experiences but they are very strange.

* DV Veteran * Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class Made Friends on DV 50000 Hall Points
      USA

copiers

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
      I can never get phones, copiers (basically anything electronic) to function properly in my NON-lucid dreams.. either the buttons don't work or they're in the wrong place, etc.

I've never really thought about trying to use the phone in a lucid dream.

Stormy Florida
      sorry if this was mentioned - i skimmed pretty fast through the thread

The only time I was successful with this was when i asked a dream character if they knew where the person was. Then a waitress came up to me (I was in a restuarant) with a phone and told me that she had just called for me. Then me and my friend talked on the phone and she told me where to meet her.

I know it's complicated, but I thik the point is that i had to express what I wanted OUT LOUD - and communicating that with a dream character sort of forced my dream to respond.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast