• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Atashermi

Mind conditioning

I experienced my first LD when I was 8 (I'm now 19) and that was pretty cool to me at the time. Since that time I've experienced more, especially during middle school when my emotions were running high. However, during these dreams it felt like I was being trained or something and I started to believe that even in real life that anything was possible. I know that not everything is possible in the real world, but I've managed to convinced a portion of my brain otherwise.

I think that's part of what's caused me to develop a particularly accepting nature and even though just found out about LD'ing yesterday, I'm hoping that I can recondition my thinking to a more practical level so that way I can find the cues in my dream that will lead me to lucidity.

Also, I've found that lately my dreams seem more and more commonplace. The only major cue I've found so far has been rapid changes of location. Does anyone have any advice for how to deal with either issue?

Thanks

-Amethyst Star

"If there was one thing the lucid dreaming ninja writer could not stand, it was used car salesmen."

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      IF you don't have a lot of dreamsigns (or ones that happen commonly) than just do a reality check at random every once in a while...

Wisconsin.. wait, what happened to Illinois??
      Yup. Or something like.. when you're awake, do a RC every time you see a person. Then, hopefully, you'll automatically do one when you see a person in your dream.

Quin custodiet custodes ipsos?

Around the bend
      Welcome

About the changing of scenes ...
      As you gain more skill at controlling a lucid dream, you should be able to learn to stabilise your dream and surroundings.

The only way you'll get to this point then, is to induce more lucid dreams, and practice
      Its a fun journey all the same

As for the reality checks - keep in mind that if you spend a long time and still cant get this to work, there are other methods of inducing a lucid dream.
      Reality checks are considered to be a 'dream induced' method, because it causes you to question the dream while you are already in it. That causes the lucid 'awakening' (to coin a new term )

The alternatives are to try staying lucid while falling asleep
      Some people are more skilled at the latter, others at the former. Its important you find out what works for you
      Tips For Newbies | What to do in an LD

Unless otherwise stated, views expressed in this post are not necessarily representative of the official Dream Views stance. Hell, it's probably not even representative of me.

The Matrix... Wishes to: Free DV ....... Bears the truth: What do you think?
      Welcome to the boards Amethyst Star!!!!

You have been given some wise responses, and I don't have much to add. I hope you can learn what you are looking for with us
      If I hadn't made me
      I'd be more inclined to bow
      Powers that be would have swallowed me up
      But that's more than I can allow...

Professional Nose-Booper Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Stickie King Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall 50000 Hall Points
      DJ Entries
      Welcome to DV Amethyst Star!!!!!!!!!!!

Woohoo, another chic!! We're few and far between here. To answer your question about your common place dreams, I'd have to agree with those reality checks. You may have to do them for a while though, so that they have a real chance to sink in and manifest themselves into your dreams. But I wish you luck on that, though it sounds like you're a pretty avid LDer already!

Just enjoy yourself here, and PM me if you have any questions or anything.