• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Thread: Insomnia

Insomnia

Lately i have been having trouble sleeping. Im workin 3rd shift (11:30 - 7:30) and whenever i get home i cant fall asleep until about 1, any suggestions?

New York/Massachusetts. College can do funny things like that
      whos the girl in your sig? she looks familar...

anyway maybe you should take some pills to put you to sleep? i heard melotonin is good for that. If you dont want to take pills then why dont you tire yourself out by working out and excersizing untill you're all worn out.

just some suggestions....

Curiosity killed the cat but at least it didnt die an ignorant bastard

Wisconsin.. wait, what happened to Illinois??
      Yeah, that works.. also maybe you just need to do some meditating or self-hypnosis, to relieve some work related stress..

Quin custodiet custodes ipsos?

I used to work that shift and usually never had a problem going to sleep. But sometimes I did so I know how you feel...

So my suggestion is what nightowl said, Exercise right before/after work or take something... plus I would get some really good shades for your window so that it will block out all the light. You might also try covering your eyes. Sometimes it's the light that bothers people.

Hope that helps!!!

BTW I don't think I welcomed you yet to dream views.... SOOOO

[b]WELCOME!!!
      Raised By Seeker!!!

haha nice sig man ^_^ .v.. For nightowl, the girls name is Maki Goto. I have a thing for asians if you haven't noticed by now anyway my suggestion is just lay in bed and don't think about sleeping. think of things of another nature like plans for the future or things you want to do. don't go into them in too much depth though. just go over them in yur head. soon, you'll be out like a light. and yes the shades over the windows help too Alaurast78. my windows are actually painted black cause i want to sleep a lot longer than the sun does. i can help you with that if you want. and i don't suggest any pills or anything, cause all drugs are drugs and all drugs are addicting. you never know when your sleeping pills are really laced with LSD haahaa. later
      [b]I don't want a large Farva. I want a goddamn litre of cola!!

My advice is don't think about falling asleep. Thats what keeps me up at night. Also,cover up any clocks so you don't have to worry about the time.

The Matrix... Wishes to: Free DV ....... Bears the truth: What do you think?
      Welcome to the boards Zlaya!

Melatonin generally works for me. I also like to turn off the lights, t.v, and just lie down on my bed trying to envision stuff. That generally works great and I fall asleep a while later. Reading before going to sleep is also a good method. I also suggest that you deprive yourself from a good night sleep one day, and only sleep like 4-5 hours. This will make you even more tired and help you fall asleep sooner the next day.

Hope any of these helped...
      If I hadn't made me
      I'd be more inclined to bow
      Powers that be would have swallowed me up
      But that's more than I can allow...

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      NYC
      Try listening to music or the radio but make sure it's not too loud. That will help.

Try some form of white/ambient noise, it works by giving your mind something to focus on but not process so it doesn’t keep you awake. Somthing like listening to the hum of your computer should do it.

Hope that helps

Aight. After trying a few things heres what seems to work for me. Little quiet music in the background (classical or similar) Shut the blinds, make it as dark as possible and i seem to be able to fall asleep now. Thanks for those tips guys, they worked great. Awsome.

Professional Nose-Booper Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Stickie King Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall 50000 Hall Points
      DJ Entries
      How's the battle against insomnia going for ya Zlaya?

not bad. Instead of sleeping straight for 7/8 hours, i take little naps with breaks in between, that seems to work better. Its going to be a pain in the butt going back to normal sleep schedule once i get back to college...

if i can't sleep i ususally, meditate for a good half an hour..keeping my mind in a clarity state...which usually i can fall asleep.... or i listen to music...which puts me to sleep.. dunno it just works for me...
      - DaRkLoRd

Tupac...till the end...forever the greatest artist, musician, actor, singer... *1971-1996* R.I.P. you'll never be forgotten!

Adopted By: Scwigglie