• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

England

Riddle...yes, another one (why did this man die?)

A man was found shot dead in his dining room. He was slumped over his dining room table, and a casette recorder was on the table, with a casette in it. When the detectives arrived and pressed "PLAY" on the recorder, they heard his last words:

"If you are listening to this, you should know why I am dead. There are so many reasons. Goodbye." Then there was the sound of a gunshot, and a thump as he landed on the table.

He did not kill himself. Somebody killed him. But how can you tell this? Feel free to ask questions about his position, the gun, fingerprints, whatever.

PS: I messed with the wording enough to stop you from being able to Google it
      PPS: adidas you are disqualified because you are good at these.

little mexico
      but i haven't heard this one!

was the man shot from behind or in front?

was he shot from near of far?

does "there are so many reasons" have any significance?

does the fact that the tape had been rewound and ready for the detectives to play tell them that there was someone else there?

was he slumped over the table face first? or was he in a different position?

was the weapon still there?

hmmm, that's all for now.
      clear eyes. strong hands.

England
      yeah. it was the tape already rewound. you're good. i could of led you down bullshit lane arguing it was a rewinding recorder, though. The scenario was this:

Killer comes in, has a grudge against the dude. The dude is like "don't kill me!" But the killer has a gun...so, he basically bullshits the man saying 'i won`t kill you if you make a recording of this..'. Because the dude was in a life/death situation, he hardly had time to consider why he was asking this...so he just did it. Then he was killed, the gun placed in his hand.

The killer had thought of everything - gloves, etc, but made the mistake of rewinding the tape. No clue why he bothered to do that though.

It's one of those riddles that requires one not-very-clever person to ask a question about something else and not notice the tape being rewound, and everybody gets led down bullshit lane thinking and asking alsorts of questions, when the anwser is already there under their noses.

little mexico
      damn, sorry. i guess i am too good at these... i'll shut up... even better i'll pm you with a good one... give me a second i have to remember it all.

Wisconsin.. wait, what happened to Illinois??
      Adidas, where did you learn all these riddles?

Quin custodiet custodes ipsos?

little mexico
      i had an english teacher who would give us a riddle at the end of each class then designate the last 10 mintues of each class to yes or no questions... sometimes we'd have a riddle that lasted for weeks on end because no one got them... it's just a matter of me remembering them.

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      he has no life, remember?