• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Boston

DCDavid's Dreamscape

Hello all, first post but, figured I might as well jump straight into the dream journal thing. Seems you guys keep a pretty well regulated forum, found it following the links from wikibooks entry on lucid dreaming. It seems just lurker for the past week or so has added a certain vividness to my dreams. I've always remembered multiple dreams almost every night and I've become lucid on my own probably 7-10 times a year, maybe more maybe less. Hopefully, I'll keep up with the journal, as this has worked relatively well for me in the past when i've stuck to it.

I'll go with: Reg dreams-=black Lucid=Blue

Dream 1: Prior to bed I set an intention to meet up with someone from this forums in my dream. (I don't believe this is or isn't impossible but makes for good seeding of dreams.)
      In the dreams I sort of find myself in this vortex, almost a horizontal tornado and there is this beautiful girl, that appears to be around 1/4 asian/hawaiin. Her hair is jet black, very long, and separated into "chunks" around 3 inches across, with the end of each strand/chunk/thing being dyed a very intense color, i.e. pink, turquoise, red, etc. We are coming from opposite ends of this vortex and I know this is the person I need to talk to. We both are fighting to get to each other and when we finally do, it all sort of gets fuzzy memory wise, but we talk for a bit and then we are dashed apart by the vortex and it goes black.

Dream 2. My dad just had a root canal so he's on prescprition pain meds and in this dream I get into a small argument with him while he is on said meds. He then goes berzerk in a very creepy "Shining-esque" way. I run up into the bathroom on the 2nd floor of my house and slam the door. He's trying to get in but I'm holding him off well. Then, something/one says through him "It's only a matter of time before the Children of Darkness get you (somehow in the dream I know it's the pain meds that allow the demons/badguys to get into my dad)." At this in a very surrealistic way they/my dad rips a hole in the wall and he starts to ooze in, but I focus my intention and dispel them.

Dream 3: I find myself on the run from the cops with three of my very close cousins. I don't know what we did, but I know it wasn't murder or anything, had a sort of Ocean's 11 feel to it. At first we were in a car chase, but manage to avoid the cops and hide out in this hotel. As it turns out the hotel is right next to a room full of cops who end up catching my cousins when they try to get some food/supplies, but I manage to free them by removing the A/C unit and jumping through to where they are being held captive. We are on the run again and seem to be doing fine, but some dude attacks us and I end up fighting him. Curiously, I sort of know it's a dream at this point because I'm surprised at how effective my striking is when normally it's like punching underwater in a dream, but I don't seize control of the dream just sort of go with it. It was a good fun fight and ends up with me getting his back and trying to choke him out while slamming palm heel strikes to the side of his head. Eventually, he kind of gives up without being choked out and then I don't really remember anything else.

Dream 4 from nap this afternoon: My family and I are at this place where you sand sled. Theres a ski lift type thing that brings you to the top of giant sand dunes which you then sled down. There was a really long line that my mother and I waited in, I dropped my cell in a puddle of water that randomly happened to be chilling in the desert, but it still worked. Finally, we get to the top and we have a choice of sleds, the one I choose looks a lot like a laundry basket, but it works fantastic I end up sledding down in perfect control able to move side to side and accelerate. I catch up to the kid in front of me and almost wipe him out. I continue on past where everyone else stops and find myself in a little mini canyon. I know i've been here before and that rattlesnakes are a danger so I start bouncing two tennis balls to drive them away or make them move so I can see them. No snakes show up, but this foot long slimy lizard is there which I pick up for whatever reason. Then, this narrator voice comes on national geographic style and says how the slime on the lizard is a deadly poison to humans. At this I put the lizard down and kind of start freaking out and then the dream ends.

Dream 5: My sister comes over with her new baby(who in real life is a girl, but this was a boy) and I hold him(which should have told be it was a dream, I don't hold babies, so easy to break and you can't just say sorry andgo buy them a new one.) Then, sis busts out with a pet Robin, that flies up to our chandelier and just chills. Then it comes down and chills on my shoulder, it was really cool and well behaved (unlike the bird I used to have back in the day) though it did shit all over my shoulder. Pretty much the end of that one.

Ok well thats about it for now. Hopefully I keep up with the posting and I look forward to any feedback.

Always there just in time kingofclutch's Avatar
      California, USA
      Welcome to Dreamviews! Good job deciding to post a dream journal. You can check out mine if you want(it is below in my signature)

Boston
      Dream 1: My cousin and I get back to his house from...somewhere to find that my car is going to be towed from the side of the street, in front of his house, into the parking space next to his house. I try to stop the police, tell them i'll move it, but they say it's too late. I end up owing them $190 for towing the car all of 10 feet. I start freaking out because I can't afford to pay it. Pretty much how it ends.

That's it for now, I know there was more which I'll add if I remember.

Boston
      Dream 2: I find myself at a crazy party with tons of kids I haven't seen since high school. We are all drinking like crazy and having a good time and finally it gets towards the end of the night and people are passed out left and right in the hall the party was at. This kid MB, who I haven't seen in forever, leave to find our way home, but end up lost in the streets of Boston drunken and unable to find our way home. There was a bunch of trippy-ish stuff going on with the buildings themselves sort of towering over us in a liquid fashion. All kind of goes black after that.
      Explore the weird world of DCDave's dreamscape: http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...ad.php?t=56781

"I seem to be a verb" -Buckminster Fuller

Boston
      Dream 1: I find myself in Ireland, at the house of a family friend who had just moved to the emerald isle. The house has a really old school look to it from the out side, but inside it's very modern. My whole family is staying there for a for days and then we are going to tour the rest of Ireland. Then in the dream we find that there is a cave/catacomb system under the castle that my brother and I go down to investigate. As it turned out there was Nazis/Evil gun wielder down there that we had to fight. I found an old school bold action rifle and my brother found some other gun and we took up defensive positions behind a big pillar. The badies had a little pueblo type building with guns poking out each window. We first take some out long range, then my brother covers me as I run up to the side of the building to outflank then. I manage to sneak up beside a bunch of them and take them out. My brother comes up behind me and we sneak past the remaining bad guys and go further into the cave, where we find a very narrow point and hide in waiting. As they try to come through we let em have it, battle done game over for them.

We then go back up to the living area of the castle were my family friend's dog has shit all over the place. Then, a big wave from the ocean comes up and destroys the breakwater that is protecting the house. More and more waves start coming and they are crashing into the stone exterior. Eventually the building starts to crumble into the ocean, leaving only a big flat stone slab and some of the larger stones from the foundation.

I then wander off and find this huge old beautiful tree, it was giant with very cool gnarled branches. I took a bunch of pictures of it from a ton of different angles, getting a lot of the super green hills and valleys in the background. I continue to wander around taking pictures of the beautiful Irish countryside. My family then tells me it's time to go and i'm worried they mean back to Boston, but they just mean we need to move onto our next destination. It was only Thursday and we were staying until Sunday. So we went to this Inn place that was showing some weird movie, but strangely four of my friends from home were there. It didn't register at all that they shouldn't be there and from then on things got a lot less linear and I sort of forget what happens.
      Explore the weird world of DCDave's dreamscape: http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...ad.php?t=56781

Boston
      Dream 1: I'm at a local state park with a former coworker and someone from karate. We're exploring this part of the park that I've never seen before. I'm amazed that I never noticed this entrance road, but think nothing special of it. We keep walking down the path and there is a huge mud pit th other two step into. I laugh at them so they start throwing mud at me and we all end up covered. We take another less muddy trail that leads away from there and find a wooden playground like structure that we start walking down. At the end there is a narrow ledge that you have to cross, but it's covered with these little annoying thistly things that stick onto your clothes and shoelaces when you touch them. And a bunch of people are coming toward us on a ledge, they had been at a job fair that was held at the state park and had just gotten out. So we had to pull off some acrobatic maneuvers so we didn't fall off the ledge as we crossed pass each other. I told my former coworker that we should try to go all the way around the lake and then I woke up.

Boston
      These are dreams from 2 days ago. Dream 1: I'm camping with one of my karate Sensei's and her little sister. It's a bright sunny day and we have our tents set up in a circular clearing with a path on the left leading to a field full of dry yellow straw. I decide to go look for a snake in the straw and successfully find and catch a big garder snake. I though it would be funny to scare the girls with the harmless snake, so I go back to the campsite, but when I see them I whip the snake by the tail and smash its head into a tree, the ground etc. until it's very dead. I'm immediately overcome with shame and sadness, I don't know why I killed the snake, it was harmless and I never meant to harm it. The girls are pretty mortified and I try to explain I was only trying to scare them and something came over me. Memory sort of ends here.

Dream 2: I'm at the beach with my family and my dad notices some dolphins in the water right at the shore. We go over and look and more dolphins show up, then some small sharks show up and are sort of following the trail the dolphins are making. It was a really interesting little occurrence. Then, all of a sudden the ocean started being sucked out and the seabed was revealed for around a mile or so. I immediately knew that meant a tsunami wave was going to be headed our way so I shouted for my family to run inland. We booked it like crazy and found a sort of hill. Looking back you could see a huuuge wave heading inland, many of the people on the beach were being swept up in it. We continued to run and by the time the wave hit us it had lost enough power that we survived only be pushed around a bit. The water then receded and there was whole sale destruction but we all survived.

Boston
      Dream 1: I was in one of my karate classes and my back was really bothering me. (I've dealt with lumbar spinal compression issues and all that goes along with it.) During the class my Shihan noticed something was bothering me, so he offered to try and fix it. He proceeded to come from behind and sort of lift me up, but as he did I could feel each of my vertebrae snapping into place one by one. It felt amazing in the dream and I was back to being 100% good to go.