• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Banned
      EngŁand

Pain whilst attepmting SP D:

Last night i tried the WILD method but i did it straight as i went to bed.
      I lay there concentrating on my breath, after a long time my legs got heavy and i could hardly breath, trying to stay calm i told myself it was just my body testing to see if i was awake, i continued to have trouble breathing and at some points found myself almost gasping for air as if i was being suffocated.
      That finally passed, then in my legs i felt a weird feeling, about 15 minutes later it was a agonising pain, my legs seem to feel as if they where being stretched and it was so painful i had to move.
      After moving the pain left, but would my brain really use such a painful method to test if i was awake, because this pain was dreadful and it was in both of my legs.

WILDs w/out WBTB!!! OMG!! punkstar's Avatar
      A-town
      ummmm i think a visit to the doctor would be helpful.... hahahaha jk. but seriously ive never heard of such experiences. im sorry that WILDing was painful for you... try WILDing straight when you go to sleep again and report back. i want to know if this painful feeling is re-occuring for you..

WILDs w/out WBTB!!! OMG!! punkstar's Avatar
      A-town
      i also just realized- if you were maybe layin where a blanket was like under your legs or something like that where your legs arent 110% comfortable, the pain mightve been cramping! lol. just a thought though.

Usually for me any prior discomfort gets 10 times more annoying once I get a bit into my WILD.. If I have an extra blanket on it literally feels like a furnace.

I've read around and seen that quite a few people experience minor/severe shortness of breath as well, although I have never had it myself.

Just try to relax, be sure to get as comfortable as possible. The other thing is that you dont need to WILD on your back.. if your bodys not used to that it might not be that easy to get comfy and dose off.

Unless there is something medically wrong (which I doubt, as others experience the same thing as you) you just need to relax and take your mind off it, it should pass.. or at the very least be over very quickly.

Were you legs crouched at all, or straight?

Banned
      EngŁand
      My legs where not straight, it felt like growing pains but worse, and when i finnally moved it went, so that rules out cramping.

Yeah that could explain it, limited circulation. Keep them straight and see if it happens again.

Skypedia
      I've had similar experiences! But, I came to the point where I realized Sleep Paralysis doesn't matter. It's nothing but a guideline, and you don't need to hit SP to enter a dream. All you need to do to WILD is fall asleep, and when you do, you need to notice those few seconds when you are crossing the bridge from waking to dreaming without losing consciousness! It's alot like the feeling of passing out when you get sucked into a dream.

To have a succesfull WILD you need to do these 2 simple steps.

1: Fall asleep.
      2: Notice when you fall asleep.

The first step will have 100% succesrate, everyone always falls asleep. So don't worry about the first step, it will happen 100% for sure.

The second step only takes like a few seconds. The crossing of the bridge from waking to dreaming is very sudden, and if you don't pay attention to it, you will pass out and lose consciousness. It's this step that's the hardest, you need to have a relaxed body and a relaxed mind to go with the flow and let yourself get sucked into the dream without passing out.

You see, you will fall asleep 100% for sure, and you will dream 100% for sure. The only thing you need to worry about is the crossing of the bridge from waking to dreaming. Nothing else is important imo. Because all the rest will happen 100% for sure, and will happen automaticly. The only keypoint is the bridge you need to cross... which is not easy. This keypoint only takes a few seconds. This is the only thing you need to worry about.
      "Reject common sense to make the impossible possible." -Kamina

Banned
      EngŁand
      Please explain more chapa because how can you fall asleep and realise your about to dream.

Skypedia
      I don't really understand your question, but I will try to answer it
      How can you fall asleep? It happens completely automaticly. It happens always each night.
      How can you realize your about to dream? Your are always about to dream, dreaming is completely automatic, and dreaming happens always each night.
      "Reject common sense to make the impossible possible." -Kamina

Banned
      EngŁand
      I don't understand how you can fall asleep whilst still being aware your about to start to dream.