• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Texas

Strange Experience

Last night was a very strange experience. When I first went into bed, I closed my eyes and mentally said, "1, I am dreaming. 2, I am dreaming, etc...".
      Soon thereafter, I could feel REM. It was hard for me to keep my eyes open and my heart was beating very fast and I saw light and felt like I was moving a thousand miles per hour through space. It was incredible. Then, I heard a gunshot. The REM stopped, and everything went black. It must have scared me, because I could woke up in my bed, did a reality check, and laid back down.
      Then I felt REM AGAIN! Except this time I heard vibrations and laser sounds. My body felt incredibly stiff, and I was pretty scared. I kept imagining a beach, and telling myself I would have an LD and that I was going to be on a beach, but everything went black again, and woke up.

Then, I just went and had a normal dream about a haunted strip mall. Some notable characters were there.

Then I woke up at 5 in the morning and tried to WILD, but I never felt REM.
      I also never felt SP anywhere through the night.

Feedback? Where did I go wrong?

P.S.: I posted this in my dream journal as well but I figured I would get more hits here.

Goals:
      First lucid [X]
      Fly [ ]
      Be Spiderman [ ]
      Play Jazz [ ]

U.S
      you did feel SP when you felt "incredible stiff" WILD is kinda hard for beginners so if you are a beginner i recommend just to do RC's just do them randomly throughout the day

as for the gunshots and the vibrations i don't know what you were experienceing. my heart usually beats super fast when i am trying to do WILD or REM. so that is normal because you get excited. have you read ll of the info on the front page? you should! and ask if you need any more help i will look in to the subjuct of what went wrong
      "Next time your eating a Reese's and some guy named Reese comes up to you and says let me have that. You better give it to him. I'm sorry Reese, I didn't think I would ever run into you." - Mitch Hedberg

Minnesota
      Seems like you were doing pretty well, all the times I've tried WILD, nothing happened at all. I'm sure if you keep trying, it won't be long until you succeed.

LD is all you need
      LD Count
      seems weird
      Whenever your thinking, just remember thoughts become things.
      Current goals:
      -Drive a Ferrari 458 { }
      -Go to a different plant { }
      -Street race with different cars { }
      -Kiss Megan Fox { }
      Last LD: 8/16/2010

with the power of 28!! seeker28's Avatar
      Idaho, USA; the back end of nowhere.
      All of what you described sounds like normal sleep paralysis (SP). This can be felt as vibrations, sensation of movement, pressure, a racing heart, twitches, tingles, and more. The sounds were normal hypnaogic hallucinations (HH), which are sometimes called hypnogogic imagry(HI).

What do you mean by "feeling REM?"

Are you sure you paid good attention while doing your RCs? I ask because it is really possible you had a false awakening (FA). If you just go throug the motions of a RC and don't put any thought into it, it is possible to fail a RC even when you are dreaming.

No matter what the case, I think you were really close to a sucessful WILD. Try to relax and stay calm.
      LD tasks of the month completed: 16
      Read some of my writing:
      http://dreamviews.com/community/showthread.php?t=52477

Visit my deviantart gallery:
      http://seeker28.deviantart.com/

Texas
      When I said I was "feeling REM", I could feel my eyes bugging out in my head. It was hard for me to keep them closed.
      And thank you for the help, I will try to do more RCs and pay more attention to them.

Goals:
      First lucid [X]
      Fly [ ]
      Be Spiderman [ ]
      Play Jazz [ ]

not here
      Hi everybody!!!I'm new in this place but i'm not new in Lucid Dreaming. I come from a Sensitive family and, grewing up, i've learned how to use my special gift...It's incredible what we can find in this "2° attention"....Let's share our experiences!!!I hope i could help ypo to understand all the little big strange things we all meet in LD!!!Hear you soon!!

U.S
      Quote Originally Posted by WarriorQueen View Post
      Hi everybody!!!I'm new in this place but i'm not new in Lucid Dreaming. I come from a Sensitive family and, grewing up, i've learned how to use my special gift...It's incredible what we can find in this "2° attention"....Let's share our experiences!!!I hope i could help ypo to understand all the little big strange things we all meet in LD!!!Hear you soon!!
      to dreamviews i hope that you can help us all
      "Next time your eating a Reese's and some guy named Reese comes up to you and says let me have that. You better give it to him. I'm sorry Reese, I didn't think I would ever run into you." - Mitch Hedberg

not here
      oh, i really hope to be usefull. Have you ever met some kind of "distraction" trying to make you lose your lucidity?They are a kind of dream-defence against our powers....Make me know!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylor View Post
      When I said I was "feeling REM", I could feel my eyes bugging out in my head. It was hard for me to keep them closed.
      And thank you for the help, I will try to do more RCs and pay more attention to them.
      Sometimes when I have the problem of my eyes opening while trying to fall asleep (or WILD) I use a sleeping mask. Or I'll even put a bag of rice over my eyes. A little bit of gentle weight sometimes helps me keep my eyes closed if they insist on opening.

Hope this helps!
      Read some of my writing:

What's "WILD"?

WILD = Wake Initaited Lucid Dream. You can find a whole list of acronyms here:
      http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...ead.php?t=2954
      Read some of my writing: