• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

1/2 cooked Lurker Sir Loin Tenderloin-Steak's Avatar

Talking Holy mother of God!!! That really was more than something!!

This is quite lengthy; but I assure you it's deffo' worth your time! Please take your time to read it. Sir Loin

If you read my “First LD ever…Kinda” thread in the LD section you’ve probably learned that I had my 1st WI induced LD a few days ago; although it was not very vivid and had so “audio” or any sound whatsoever.

Well I just had my 2nd LD; possibly a WILD, DILD or WBTS LD.; on the faithful morning/afternoon (I’m not entirely sure when exactly) on Wednesday 9th July 2008.
      It is by far the MOST VIVID and MOST INTENSE LD, and I was more CONSCIOUS in the Dream than real life myself. LOL ROFL XD

Well I did not the sleep the whole night (I was doing stuff…work lol) and only went to bed at 8:00 after working and a long Skype chat with my friends over at a boarding school in UK. I was sleeping face-up on my bed.
      I recall being VERY CONSCIOUS when I entered hypnagogic stage- I did not recall having any Non-LDs but have vague memory that I was thinking about a lot of stuff, (and the interesting thing is I recalled that; suggesting how conscious I was).

And then the LD kicked in. My head and my whole body suddenly felt afloat; and immediately I felt like my head (in particular lol) & my whole body was thrown spinning; though gently; like being picked up by a damn tornado...with slow wind-speed. lol So it's actually more like being turned. lol

It was SO REAL that I actually felt a something certain like a G-Force and a sensation of falling; like going-down in a rollercoaster. Needless to say; I was scared S***Less and I remember thinking to myself” “WHAT THE ****?!! WTF’s going down??!!”
      I also felt very excited- I remember thinking “THIS IS IT ISN’T IT??!!! I’m getting my second TREAT!!! HELL YES!!!”

In fact I could relate that sensation of adrenaline and force with that of the scenes in “Constantine” with Keanu Reeves entering Hell using water and electricity.

While “being spun in the tornado”, I saw brownish-greyish swirls- one of the reason why I got the “tornado sensation”. The swirls now remind me of those found on cappuccino but it looked nothing like it in the dream.
      The MOST interesting thing is that I recall that the arms of my “actual body” rise from being laid flat on the bed into a position like that of Kangaroos. LOL XD. Not sure why that was so.

The swirls disappeared abruptly; and I felt that that I was falling. In a fraction of a second I felt my feet landing onto land; making a heavy “tong” sound, I was wearing heavy metallic boots ( The “tong“ sound gave me this idea. The boots’re probs a ref’ to “Crysis” & “Gears of War”!)

The surrounding was strangely obsolete and very dark. The air seems to be intoxicated with the same Brownish-greyish colour; it was so vivid that I could roughly feel my heavy steps (therefore the gravity.).
      The brownish-greyish cloud reminded me of the looks of deep underwater like the scenes you see in “Titanic”.

The surrounding was absolutely human-less & in fact of anything; I felt really lonely (It’s kind of how I feel sometimes in real life; not literally socially; but in my mind- cuz I’m too smart ( excuse my cheekyness) & I got secrets locked in me (not telling you ) that hardly anyone I know would understand me totally) .

I tried to get my mind back together now being certain that I was in a LD with extreme consciousness, I began trying to control my dream- I thought about walking; and tried to imagine the scenery in the dream.
      Silhouettes of wooden cupboards and other furniture began to appear; not very clearly; in the midst of the dark brownish-greyish cloud. At one point, I actually saw something like the interior of a room in the midst of the thick cloud.

Suddenly I remember seeing the “Lucid Sex” thread in the “LD XPs” section, & thought to myself “Hell I’m a virgin in real life (actually don’t wanna lose it yet ) but I can be not-a-virgin here!!! XD; and so I began “to think hornily” and tried to “summon” my crush LOL. I shouted my crushes’ name (apparently actually saying it in real life as I heard myself say it LOL XD). Sadly, my crush did not appear :-( LOL.

But then this is what the dream gripped me the most- I heard a loud echoed voice saying “Hey……” that is clearly not mine- I was in the LD dream in 1st person perspective; anything I hear without being aware I muttered it WAS CLEARLY NOT FROM ME. (HEY ANYONE, COULD THIS BE MY DREAM GUIDE?)

Well anyways I got interrupted abruptly before I worked out who the voice belonged to; and I began to fall through the floor and continue falling through levels and levels of brick and floor, making big gaping holes; this was the point when I woke up in sheer excitement. : P

What’s interesting here in this LD though; is I have less control (getting surprised by a voice; falling through floors were; or so I think; not what I intended to do or experience. LOL XD)

Please give me feedback everyone!!
      Last edited by Sir Loin Tenderloin-Steak; 07-09-2008 at 05:35 PM.

California, USA
      That's really something. The way you describe entering lucidity is very similar to my very first WILD - I, too, was floating and spinning in the air as if picked up by a tornado (a gentle one, though - I was spinning fast, but not violently). Really cool stuff, isn't it?
      Final Fantasy VI Rules!

Total LDs: 10 | WILDs: 4 | DILDs: 5 | DEILDs: 2
      "Take atheism, for example. Not a religion? Their pseudo-dogmatic will to convert others to their system of beliefs is eerily reminiscent of the very behavior they criticize in the religious."

WILD's are really nice, and miraculously real. My first and only WILD happened by accident, I just fell asleep conciously. But differing from your experience, I was on in a surrounded by whiteness, and there was a blue circle around me. I was as concious as in real life, and that is the reason I love to WILD. I recommend WILDing, and I gongratulate you on your success
      I don't have a signature...

1/2 cooked Lurker Sir Loin Tenderloin-Steak's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Lëzen View Post
      That's really something. The way you describe entering lucidity is very similar to my very first WILD - I, too, was floating and spinning in the air as if picked up by a tornado (a gentle one, though - I was spinning fast, but not violently). Really cool stuff, isn't it?
      Yes!! I felt exactly your way! Are crazy "transitions" that catches all your attention the main feature of a WILD? (the transitions are apprarently why WILDs give the most realism compared to other techniques.)

And yes it's was probs the coolest thing I ever experienced lol. Time to get to know with the unfamilar parts my unconscious mind

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaerdon View Post
      WILD's are really nice, and miraculously real. My first and only WILD happened by accident, I just fell asleep conciously. But differing from your experience, I was on in a surrounded by whiteness, and there was a blue circle around me. I was as concious as in real life, and that is the reason I love to WILD. I recommend WILDing, and I gongratulate you on your success
      Thanks

Interesting, i think I would prefer to be propelled by this kind of "transition"! It was really scary; at first!

As you know we usually have to go through SP before being propelled into a WILD; but I didn't actually know if I was in SP state beforehand partly because I was lucidly asleep.
      I think I was indeed thinking lots before I went WILD lol, but sadly I never attempted to move or wake myself up. The only reference to possible SP was when I moved my arms "vampire-fashion" and turned as I mentioned in the account.

Speaking of SP, I got one questions guys:

Is WILDing harder because we have to stay lucid before LDing and have to overcome the terror of SP?

Below are just my thoughts concerning SP and LD; comments welcomed :

I think the reason why we enter SP is obvious- because the conscious part of our brain responsible in physical-control becomes mostly inactive:

When we are asleep our conscious mind is mostly inactive (the active portion contributes to Lucidity) with our subconcsious mind unusually heavily at work (I say unusually because we don't become paralysed in normal sleep)imagining, envisioning things we encounter in a normal dream.

I think SP persists so as long our conscious mind don't become too active & the subconscious part stays strongly active.
      This explains why we usually become unparalysed by the time we enter a LD- because our conscious mind becomes more active then.

Therefore, why we encounter SP in WILDs so much is not because it doesn't happen with other induction methods; but because we are more AWARE of it in a WILD and less self-aware during other induction methods. This is because we; using WILD; have to attain lucidity and remain that way for a considerable long time and more importantly; before we start LDing.
      Last edited by Sir Loin Tenderloin-Steak; 07-11-2008 at 01:52 AM.
      Lucid Dream Tracker
      WILD:2, 1(possibly)*
      DILD:3
      WBTB:1 (possibly)*
      MILD:0
      CAT:0

California, USA
      Quote Originally Posted by Sir Loin Tenderloin-Steak View Post
      Yes!! I felt exactly your way! Are crazy "transitions" that catches all your attention the main feature of a WILD? (the transitions are apprarently why WILDs give the most realism compared to other techniques.)
      I've got to admit, the transition from wakefulness into my first lucid dream was the most exciting aspect of it all. The stuff I did after that wasn't of too much note (I mean, I was able to summon a friend, but even that feeling didn't compare). But seriously, who wouldn't feel elated after finding oneself floating above one's bed, spinning like a top?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Loin Tenderloin-Steak View Post
      Is WILDing harder because we have to stay lucid before LDing and have to overcome the terror of SP?
      Perhaps for some, but I found that it wasn't at all terrifying. For me, the SP started off as a slight tingling feeling, which became more intense and spread throughout my whole body. Then it turned into vibrations - again, slight at first, but then became very intense. I didn't think of it at all scary, though. It was quite comfortable, like sitting in one of those cool vibrating chairs, and I had a lot of fun with that experience as well.

For me, the main reason WILDing is hard is that one way or another, I always get distracted about one thing or another, causing it to take a really long time to even get close to SP. Then when SP finally starts to set in, I dunno what happens, but lately the feeling just goes away. I spend so much time failing to WILD that I eventually give up and go to sleep.
      Last edited by Lëzen; 07-12-2008 at 06:38 AM.
      Final Fantasy VI Rules!

Total LDs: 10 | WILDs: 4 | DILDs: 5 | DEILDs: 2
      "Take atheism, for example. Not a religion? Their pseudo-dogmatic will to convert others to their system of beliefs is eerily reminiscent of the very behavior they criticize in the religious."

Banned
      SLC, UT
      You are always giving secrets away. every time your subconscious speaks you are giving them away and its okay, but you have to watch out who you are giving them to and hope they won't use them against you. You feel me?

Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

So many bolded words... A good post nevertheless.

with the power of 28!! seeker28's Avatar
      Idaho, USA; the back end of nowhere.
      Wow! Nice experience! SP can feel really cool. I love it when I can feel my physical body and my "dream" body at the same time.
      LD tasks of the month completed: 16
      Read some of my writing:
      http://dreamviews.com/community/showthread.php?t=52477

Visit my deviantart gallery:
      http://seeker28.deviantart.com/