• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Like Tree3Likes
    • 1 Post By WolfeDreamer531
    • 1 Post By ninja9578
    • 1 Post By Mawds

Thread: Sleep Paralysis pain

Unhappy Sleep Paralysis pain

Hmmmm not sure where to put this.

Sometimes when im drifting off into sleep, I suddenly cant move my body or open my eyes, and im totally awake. And I see tunnels of colors and I hear sounds and wooshes and it freaks me out. I know this is called sleep paralysis, but its the pain I feel that im asking about. Sometimes as it happens, one side of my body HURTS, it gets this weird feeling......I forget if its the side im sleeping on, or the other side, but its like this weird feeling, does anyone know what it is? Its totally uncomfortable.

does it feel like that side of your body is numb or is it just blunt pain?

Banned
      Ontario
      Does it feel like someone is spraying a wall of water at you really fast?

NATURAL LUCIDITY
      Maine
      yes I get this to I think. Is it like when you lay on your hand, and it goes to sleep, or get a tingling feeling?

Banned
      Ontario
      Quote Originally Posted by MANIN207 View Post
      yes I get this to I think. Is it like when you lay on your hand, and it goes to sleep, or get a tingling feeling?
      Exactly. Except the tingling feeling is over the whole body and is often much more intense, right? That is basically textbook SP.

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack View Post
      does it feel like that side of your body is numb or is it just blunt pain?

Not numb, because I can feel lol.

Quote Originally Posted by drewmandan View Post
      Does it feel like someone is spraying a wall of water at you really fast?
      That's an interesting way to put it. Maybe? The feeling is really hard to describe and its only on one side of me, like all the way from my hip up to my arm pit.

Quote Originally Posted by MANIN207 View Post

It doesn't remind me of when my hand or foot goes to sleep though, hmm.

This be our finest battle Scarhand's Avatar
      Between a dream and reality
      Quote Originally Posted by L_Dreamer View Post
      It doesn't remind me of when my hand or foot goes to sleep though, hmm.
      Still seems like standard SP. Nothing to worry about.
      "This is for long forgotten light at the end of the world..."

Quote Originally Posted by Scarhand View Post
      Still seems like standard SP. Nothing to worry about.

Not worried. Just curious

NATURAL LUCIDITY
      Maine
      I know I was worried, when it first happened to me....actually scared, but that is good, that your are not, because it is completely normal. (That is if it is SP), but you should still ask your doctor about it, because, I am not one! lol.

Banned
      Ontario
      When I first started getting SP I though I was having a stroke. But now, it's the most beautiful feeling

This be our finest battle Scarhand's Avatar
      Between a dream and reality
      Quote Originally Posted by L_Dreamer View Post
      Not worried. Just curious
      In that case it's nothing too out of the ordinary. I experienced SP a few times as a child and I had a similar experience.
      "This is for long forgotten light at the end of the world..."

California, USA
      Anything "physical" that happens during SP is supposed to be nothing more than a hallucination, so that's probably all the 'pain' is.
      Final Fantasy VI Rules!

Total LDs: 10 | WILDs: 4 | DILDs: 5 | DEILDs: 2
      "Take atheism, for example. Not a religion? Their pseudo-dogmatic will to convert others to their system of beliefs is eerily reminiscent of the very behavior they criticize in the religious."

LD Count
      GA
      Well this is pretty serious... when it comes to dreaming, that is. This can prevent one from successfully WILDing (if thats what you were doing).

I used to have this problem; pinacoladaxb was asking the same question today so here you go!
      (brace yourself)
      Quote Originally Posted by pinacoladaxb View Post
      I tried WILD'ing 2 times last night. The first time I accidentally drifted into sleep. The second time I got pretty close, but my back started to hurt from the position I was laying in so I had to move.
      Quote Originally Posted by WolfeDreamer531 View Post
      Now a lot of times, your body will do that to you. Your body was testing to see if you were still awake. I know this sounds like BS, but its true. Think about it, had you been asleep (unconscious) then you wouldnt have reacted to the pain like you did b/c you wouldnt have been consciously able to. Thats how your body knew you were still awake (conscious), as a result, didnt proceed into SP. Why would our bodies do this? My guess is that they simply dont want us to be awake/conscious when we go to sleep. Why? Your guess is as good as mine.
      Ive noticed this too when I first started WILDing. The only way I got around this was to find a position that is not the least bit awkward. What I mean by that is to keep everything straight/even pressure wise (e.g. dont lean over on one side farther than the other) or else it can cause nerve compression. If you said your back was hurting, maybe it did so b/c it wasnt completely straight. When attempting a WILD, make sure every last part of your body is as comfortable (or balanced) as possible.

If you have an injury (maybe to your back) then you have to make sure that "that" particular part of your body is COMPLETELY relaxed (w/o pressure), or else your body will exploit your sleep positioning flaws through pain or high uncomfortable levels. For example, I had a bad injury to my heal (calcaneus fracture) when I first began WILDing. So when I attempted to WILD on my back (pressure being on my heal), the pain in my heal would resurface as I neared SP and literally force me to get up and reposition myself to my side (off of my heal).

It is also usually a good thing to WILD in positions your not used to sleeping in so you wont drift off to sleep. Try getting comfortable in uncomfortable sleep positions when attempting a WILD. For example, I normally sleep on my side, so in the case of a WILD, I sleep on my back. At first, it was really uncomfortable, but now Ive kind of gotten somewhat used to it.
      intheworldofnim likes this.

here at this forum
      Quote Originally Posted by drewmandan View Post
      When I first started getting SP I though I was having a stroke. But now, it's the most beautiful feeling
      What he said
      I WILL BAN YOU

Banned
      Could be that you are stiff. Your body has been still for several hours, that makes muscles stiff. Stiff muscles ache.

I disagree that this is a general SP issue.. I've been having sleep paralysis for years along with LD's and even a couple of so called "OBE's".

Recently during SP i've been getting an extreme pain underneith my right side ribs, it feels like someone is twisting my organs.

The pain seems to get more intense as the vibration waves pass over the body it's really strange and i'm not happy in this state, if anybody has had this happen and knows of a way to stop it then please let me know as this is very uncomfortable!

Thanks

Keep your mind active and tune into the stereogram.