• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Thread: Sleep Para.?

Sleep Para.?

My muscles kind of twitched while laying down for a while trying to WILD, am i on the right track? i've been trying for a while. Thanks

Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Tagger Second Class Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      300+
      Indiana
      Quote Originally Posted by C1othes View Post
      My muscles kind of twitched while laying down for a while trying to WILD, am i on the right track? i've been trying for a while. Thanks
      I doubt this was SP, but keep trying anyway. It took me a while before I saw any real results. Also, don't create fake "SP." I used to get what I thought was SP, but I wasn't sure if it really was. Then, I actually got SP one day, and I knew it was. So, if you get SP, you'll probably know it.

LD Count
      GA
      We need a little bit more information about your WILD attempt before we can judge on whether or not you were close to SP and/or WILDing.

Nevertheless, you will know when you enter SP; its something you couldnt get mixed up with anything else, like simple muscle twitches. I dont know if you're already following someone's WILD method, but I suggest the link I provided or my own, which is basically a summarized, but not adequate, version:
      Quote Originally Posted by WolfeDreamer531 View Post
      These are the steps to my WILD technique:

1. Get at least 5 to 6 hours of sleep (WBTB). (optional)

2. Devote at least 2 hours (or more) to WILDing.(optional)

3. Remember your goal (where you want to go, what you want to do, etc).

4. Dismiss any other thoughts and focus only on taking slow, deep breaths.

5. Remain COMPLETELY still, no matter what.

6. Try to steer clear of straying/abstract thoughts when entering SP (random/abstract thoughts means that the logical part of your brain is falling asleep, dont let it!). (they can also cause you to enter a non-Lucid Dream which would make all this work was for nothing!)

7. Dont fight or resist SP in any way / stay relaxed and calm when it begins to happen.

8. Continue to focus only on your (slow, deep) breathing as vibrations, Hypnagogic Imagery, and auditory hallucinations become more intense from SP.

(you can focus on and/or visualize your goal once you think you've got the breathing part down packed).

9. Continue step 8 until you feel that sudden rush of spinning and/or falling through your bed or ceiling (in my case); this should mean that SP is complete, and hence you are ready to dream.

10. If you are not already in a dream scene, then spin around or rub your hands together (or both) in order to conjure up one. Doing this can also stabilize a fading/blurry dream scene.

There you have it, those are pretty much all the steps I take when Im attempting a WILD. And if it doesnt work the first time, remember that it takes time so dont give up! I know it seems like a lot, but once you've been through it many times, you will become better and better at it.

WolfeDreamer, reading you're tutorial has reminded me of something during my WILD attempt yesterday. I remember going through some intense feelings, and I was thinking to myself, "Yes! This has to be SP!" And then just when I thought it was good, I'm back where I was before.

So is it possible to fall back out again? Probably to excited?

LD Count
      GA
      Quote Originally Posted by Pelephant View Post
      WolfeDreamer, reading you're tutorial has reminded me of something during my WILD attempt yesterday. I remember going through some intense feelings, and I was thinking to myself, "Yes! This has to be SP!" And then just when I thought it was good, I'm back where I was before.

So is it possible to fall back out again? Probably to excited?
      Oh yeah, definitely. This has happened to me countless times when trying to WILD so its nothing to really worry about. The way of getting around this is practice. Practicing WILDing will get you accostumed to SP, how it feels and how it affects you. It will also get you so used to it to the point that you dont get that you're able to control you're excitement.
      Also, if you wake yourself from excitement, DO NOTHING! Do not move a muscle, remain absolutely still. Just pretend like your first WILD attempt didnt happen and go for another one.

No, that was not SP, but close though.

That usually happens when the body tries to go into SP, but the muscles are not fully relaxed. Think of it like those dreams you get where you fall of steps and you jerk awake.

It happened to me once on a WILD attempt. Just take your time and feel your body slowly relaxing. Start with the toes and go up. Say for example (not aloud of course) I can feel my legs relaxing now, slowly relaxing...now I can feel my, ahem, middle relaxing...

It works for me anyway.

EsC

"In Every Nightmare There Is An EsC"

Alexandria, VA
      I'd like to add that it is not absolutely necessary to experience SP to WILD. Most of my LDs are DILDs (where SP doesn't come in play at all), but among the WILDs I have done, only one or two have been preceded by SP.

The most profound SP I've ever experienced was during waking after a normal non-lucid dream (usually something unpleasant).

My Music
      The Ear Is Always Correct - thoughts on music composition
      What Sky Saw - a lucid dreaming journal

LD Count
      GA
      Quote Originally Posted by skysaw View Post
      I'd like to add that it is not absolutely necessary to experience SP to WILD. Most of my LDs are DILDs (where SP doesn't come in play at all), but among the WILDs I have done, only one or two have been preceded by SP.

The most profound SP I've ever experienced was during waking after a normal non-lucid dream (usually something unpleasant).
      Well if you go straight to bed and try to WILD, then you're not going to go through SP. But Im pretty sure that you will go through SP if you do it w/ a WBTB (3-6 hours long). But Idk you're the expert.

And yeah, SP used to be pretty bad for me when I was younger; they weren't all bad, but a majority of them were. But Im glad I went through them though, b/c I feel like I have a little advantage from experience w/ SP when WILDing.
      Last edited by WolfeDreamer531; 08-27-2008 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfeDreamer531 View Post
      Well if you go straight to bed and try to WILD, then you're not going to go through SP. But Im pretty sure that you will go through SP if you do it w/ a WBTB (3-6 hours long). But Idk you're the expert.

And yeah, SP used to be pretty bad for me when I was younger; they weren't all bad, but a majority of them were. But Im glad I went through them though, b/c I feel like I have a little advantage from experience w/ SP when WILDing.
      thanks alot, and thanks to everyone for posting. Anyway Yeah Maybe I shouldnt try to WILD right away. I'm going to set my phone to vibrate in the middle of the night, and then take it off. Then try to WILD. I assume this would make it easier for me to achieve?

LD Count
      GA
      Yes, definitely.
      Just get a few hours of sleep, remember the guide and you're going to find yourself in a LD.
      I have a feeling that you're going to get it.

Thanks alot, will try.