• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

DJ Entries

dreaming as somebody else...

this actually occurs with some frequency, that i 'follow' somebody else in my dreams. when this happens i always know, almost by instinct, that they are not me. does this effect how i will eventually (hopefully) lucid dream? or will it be more of a gamble that the dream will involve me? i just don't know how to approach this characteristic of my dreams, thnks.
      'What I have shown you is reality. What you remember... that is the illusion.'
      Sephiroth *cue screaming fan girls*

check out my warped brain...u know u want to O_o

The avatarless one
      Norway
      Yes, this can help you obtain lucidity, as this 'following' someone else in your dreams is a dream sign to you (something that occurs frequently in your dreams).

There are several ways to approach this, you might want to check out the thread in the tutorials section, especially the ones about reality checks.

Good luck!
      http://i25.tinypic.com/4g19w9.jpg

DJ Entries
      That would make sense, that this habit is a dream sign, except that when i 'follow' someone i am actually not phyiscally there. it's like i'm a spirit floating above the person and they are the main character of the dream. is there a way to do a reality check for this? i don't know if i would be able to switch roles on cue should i conclude that i'm dreaming.

has anybody else experienced this and if so what have you done to handle said situation?

DJ Entries
      hey, just bumping this up a few notches cause i really need some advice on this problem

thnks,

Banned
      I have non lucids like this every once in a while. I have never done RCs or become lucid, but it certainly hasn't kept me from LDing. Try to think of creative ways to do this. Ask yourself your name and identity throughout the day, and do RCs then? Every time you read a story in the first person, ask yourself whose point of view it is, and if it is in fact not your point of view, then explain why it isn't your point of view (Like, "I, twitchii, am reading a book for English class right now in which the story is told in the first person, by 'Zack'. I, twitchii, am reading this book because my 3rd period teacher told me to" or something like that and do some RCs?

DJ Entries
      thanks, i'll give that a try. maybe what i can do is carry around a few paragraphs of things in 1st person and then do reality checks as you've described. i'll keep updating if i can actually attain lucidity in a 3rd person dream

thnks.