• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

How Do You Think Straight in LDs?

In my LDs, sometimes I can't think straight as I can when I'm awake

Like right now, I want to fly or explore the world
      When I'm lucid dreaming, I would do something stupid like violate a person or interact with my dreams

any techniques or ways to become fully lucid?

LD Count
      startover:3
      If you do a reality check and find out that you're dreaming, just relax and start thing what you really want to do now that you're lucid. As for flying, what works for me is this, i would bend my legs and then jump, but and after i jump i would be in the air, i would raise my arms straight up and i would keep them up while i was flying. This has always worked for me, hopefully it'll work for you, this is the only way i know how to fly. Any ways, yeah its hard to think straight when you're in a lucid i guess you just have to have a good imagination and think about the things that you want to do while lucid. I keep forgetting to become lucid because i have a one track mind, i get to wrapped up in my dreams and i forget to do reality checks.

some where in alaska
      just stop what your doing and focus on it being a dream and try to remember what you want to do.

Just remember to take it slow at the start just dont go running off into the dream world.

Total lucids: 22 DILD(20) DEILD(1) semi lucid (6) objectives: attain perfect clarity [X] Grow a controllable tail [3/5] Fly[X] waterbend[ ] meet my dream guide[ ] change dreamscape[ ] perform a perfect Kamehameha wave[1/2] become my fursona [ ]

Banned
      Taking a minute to stabilize the dream, feeling and seeing and smelling and listening to it, while telling yourself, "I'm dreaming. This is a dream. I am in a dream. I'm in a lucid dream." Should help you get nice and lucid before rushing off and letting the dream take control of you. Try to do things like look down at your body while telling yourself it is a dream body, basically anything where your whole focus is on become more lucid.

Realistic Dream Character
      It helps a lot to just take a second and look around, and try to impress upon yourself that you're dreaming and that nothing that you do will have any consequence. It takes some practice before you have the presence of mind to do this, but I've found that it helps me maintain lucidity.

After this point I like to speak to the dream universe in my Booming God Voice to tell them that their charade has failed, and that I have returned to punish them for their deceptions. That's a matter of personal preference though.

with the power of 28!! seeker28's Avatar
      Idaho, USA; the back end of nowhere.
      When you become lucid, stop and stabilize the dream first (as many have suggested) by looking around and noticing it and yourself, telling yourself it is a dream. Then think about what you wanted to do in your LD. Sometimes it is hard, but keep at it. When you think you know, ask yourself it this really was your goal. For example once in a LD I thought at first that my goal was to climb a tree, but with further thought I realized I wanted to do the task of the month!
      LD tasks of the month completed: 16
      Read some of my writing:
      http://dreamviews.com/community/showthread.php?t=52477

Visit my deviantart gallery:
      http://seeker28.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by UnidentifiedDreamer View Post
      It helps a lot to just take a second and look around, and try to impress upon yourself that you're dreaming and that nothing that you do will have any consequence. It takes some practice before you have the presence of mind to do this, but I've found that it helps me maintain lucidity.

After this point I like to speak to the dream universe in my Booming God Voice to tell them that their charade has failed, and that I have returned to punish them for their deceptions. That's a matter of personal preference though.
      lol, i also use a booming god voice in my lucid dreams. it didn't work the first time i tried, but now i do it all the time.
      Total Lucid Dreams (29)
      DILD's (18)
      WILD's (3)
      DEILD's (8)

with the power of 28!! seeker28's Avatar
      Idaho, USA; the back end of nowhere.
      I've used a loud booming voice sometimes too, but I tend to think of it as an invisible microphone!
      LD tasks of the month completed: 16
      Read some of my writing:
      http://dreamviews.com/community/showthread.php?t=52477

Visit my deviantart gallery:
      http://seeker28.deviantart.com/

Realistic Dream Character
      Quote Originally Posted by seeker28 View Post
      I've used a loud booming voice sometimes too, but I tend to think of it as an invisible microphone!
      An invisible microphone has, at best, the capacity to be mildly annoying. A Booming God Voice echoes through the very souls of your DCs.

How can you even compare the two?!

Banned
      i have the same problem, but when i know what i want to do, i can bend the world to my likness....i want to blow up a planet.....that would be fun...but i do not remeber to do that....o well

imj
      Quote Originally Posted by pheenix345 View Post
      In my LDs, sometimes I can't think straight as I can when I'm awake

Like right now, I want to fly or explore the world
      When I'm lucid dreaming, I would do something stupid like violate a person or interact with my dreams

any techniques or ways to become fully lucid?
      Nope..none. If you can think straight in an LD you will wake up already. You can use constant reminding during the day that you want to explore the world and you must be specific what you mean by explore the world..is it flying across skies or visiting distant lands. Just saying exploring the world as your intent isn't good enough. Then 'design' an RC dream sequence that will lead to your objective, it's basically dream rehearsal. I've had 5 LDs exactly the same with memory of what to do intact. Draw back of this method is focus you have to be really focused and familiar with your dream sequence so when your RC tells you you are dreaming..Boom! You'll know what to do.

IMJ

LD Count
      breathe for me
      gliding in the absolute
      What used to happen often to me was that upon discovering I was lucid, I would immediately run off to do something, and have a rather weak lucid which potentially be much better. Stabilize your dream for a minute. The dream will undoubtedly last longer, most likely you will have better clarity, and you will be able to remember it in greater detail.