• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Anchorage, Alaska

Question For some reasons my DCs always try to stop me!

It's like my brain has a mental block against me having fun in my LDs.

The dream just throws crazy things at me to keep me from focusing. I was attacked by three clones of my cat, a priest and a polar bear! For Christ's sake.

Well here is what happened prior to the LD: I went out with some friends, got trashed, ran around town and eventually came home. I took two pain pills for a headache and then fell asleep for about six hours. I woke up because I was terribly thirsty. I drank lots of water and Tang and then I watched two episodes of Futurama. Then I tried to WILD but ended up giving up and going to sleep. I had an FA and it was painfully obvious because when I awoke in my bed it was as though I couldn't move or talk. I felt very clouded and stuck. I kept telling myself I was dreaming, I was hoping I would be able to move. (I didn't want to spend my LD stuck in my bed because my stupid brain has it in for me.) Anyways, eventually I began to move and for some reason at first my vision was incredibly clouded. I kept repeating to myself that my vision was getting better. I'm not sure if this helped but within a few moments my vision returned. Anyways. I performed two RCs, the nose one and the hands one. I became a little overexcited and began telling all my DCs that I was dreaming and none of them were real. They each responded differently, but it didn't matter. I ran around my house, taking in my dream surroundings. A lot was going on so I retreated to my room. I wasn't bothered immediately. I attempted to fly for a bit, but there was just so many things I wanted to do that I had little focus. Anyways, then I left my room and was attacked by three clones of my cat, but I just ignored them. Then I peaked outside and saw my dad being chased by a polar bear. The polar bear then attacked me so I ran to my room. I was followed by a priest who began telling me that sex was a sin. I yelled at him to go away because this was my dream and I didn't have time for this. I took his little bible and threw it at him.

Anyways. Does anyone else have problems where they can't move or their DCs are always getting in the way? Is it just a matter of learning control?
      "The time has come," the Walrus said, "to talk of many things."
      ----------------
      LDs since joining: 10ish

strange trains of thought Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Populated Wall Veteran First Class
      Swamptown, USA
      You're right, dream control is important, but from your descriptions it sounds like you do have good dream control techniques already in place.

From my experience, sometimes no matter of conscious control can completely overcome the influence of your waking life.

If you're feeling clouded or stuck in your waking life (even if it is subsconsciously), this will definately influence your dreams. I find it helps to think of your dreams as a metaphorical thermometer, that gauges your current mental state...sometimes its high and things go as planned, other times its low and things seem out of control. That's why I think dreams are so helpful, they give you clues as to the subconscious things that may be bothering/affecting you on a conscious level.

If in your waking life you feel out of control of your own destiny, for example, your dreams may reflect this (by hindering your lucidty). Or if you feel manipulated by outside sources in your waking life, your dreams may be haunted by DC's that seem out to get you, or that prevent you from doing what you want.

If it were me, I would suggest doing things in waking life that help you get in touch with yourself--your ideas, ambitions, motivations and desires, etc.--and work toward your goals. I turn to writing or meditation to overcome obstacles in my waking life, and it seems to help my dreams to become more free and creative.

Just an idea, I hope this (or someone else's reply) helps...

Good luck, and happy dreaming!

Clarity is key.
      Last edited by acatalephobic; 12-07-2008 at 03:18 AM. Reason: elaboration
      http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp299/soaringbongos/hippieheaven.jpg

"you will not transform this house of prayer into a house of thieves"

Anchorage, Alaska
      =) Thanks for the ideas. I notice I've had regular dreams where something seemed to be holding me down or I couldn't move.

I've had other LDs where my DCs sort of got in the way. It's as if my LDs are full of obstacles. My life has been a little hectic lately and a lot of things are out of my control right now.

I have been a lot more spiritual though, and perhaps I can use some of those goals the remind myself that not everything is out of my control. =)

Hopefully this makes a world of difference, because frankly I'm tired of struggling through my LDs because my dreamscape is all insanity.
      ----------------

strange trains of thought Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Populated Wall Veteran First Class
      Swamptown, USA
      "I have been a lot more spiritual though, and perhaps I can use some of those goals the remind myself that not everything is out of my control."

^^^
      Exactly. Controlling your destiny is important, but leaving destiny to do its own work (letting go of control in some aspects) can really help you grow as well.

Haha, my dreamscape is insanity as well. But you know, sometimes out of that chaos beautiful and unique thoughts are created.

I hope you find what you're looking for!

:peace: = =
      http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp299/soaringbongos/hippieheaven.jpg

"you will not transform this house of prayer into a house of thieves"

Banned
      Spread the love Try to make friends with them, or just flat out ignore them, and they shouldn't be a problem. Just keep in mind that they aren't real. And that their behavior usually will reflect your mood. Stay calm and friendly, and just ask them questions or give them hugs. Ask them if they can lead you to a window to fly, or where the bear's trainer is, or something like that

Banned
      Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
      Spread the love Try to make friends with them, or just flat out ignore them, and they shouldn't be a problem. Just keep in mind that they aren't real. And that their behavior usually will reflect your mood. Stay calm and friendly, and just ask them questions or give them hugs. Ask them if they can lead you to a window to fly, or where the bear's trainer is, or something like that
      your talking to the polar bear as it is attacking someone "you know that really is not a nice thing to do..." "ROARRRRRRRRRR!!!!!" op their goes the head.....

Banned
      Quote Originally Posted by Garjzla View Post
      your talking to the polar bear as it is attacking someone "you know that really is not a nice thing to do..." "ROARRRRRRRRRR!!!!!" op their goes the head.....
      Yea. But not a real polar bear. If it was a real polar bear I'd run screaming in the opposite direction. I'm talking about a dream polar bear and someone who is already lucid. Just knowing it's a dream and saying, "Now now, bear! You know better than to jump on someone! You're going to slobber all over his clothes!" is going to make it humorous and positive, versus negative and scary. That alone makes a world of difference.

Anchorage, Alaska
      I can see how this would help. =D I tend to get clouded by my negative feelings. I don't feel negative towards LDing, just that I always expect my own failure. Yeah I know, tsk tsk to me.

Anyways, I remember the polar bear was actually cute and I thought it was funny that my mind would confure a polar bear when it was summertime in my dream. The outdoors was actually beautiful. =) The sky was purple and pink, which happens here in winter sometimes.

It was wonderful, but the DCs were annoying me.
      ----------------